故事描写主角的希望,梦想
Naturally he gets mixed up with a bad element
主角自然会有些坏习惯
and a romantic interest or else an orphan.
充满浪漫情调甚至是个孤儿
Lou, think Wally’s too old fora romantic interest?
卢,沃利还要扮浪漫是不是太老了?
Look at me.
你看我
A writer in the room,
屋子里有位剧作家
and I’m asking Lou about the goddamn story.
我还跑去问卢
Which is it, Bart?
应该有什么配角,巴特?
Orphan? Dame?
孤儿?女士?
Both maybe?
两者都有?
Maybe we should do a treatment.
我们应该加工一下
Hell! Let Barttakeacrackatit.
这个问题留给巴特来搞定
He’ll get into the swing of things
他会逐渐应付自如的
or I don’t know writers.
我不了解编剧
Let’s make it a dame. Keep it simple.
还是简化点,来位女士吧
The important thing
最重要的是…
is we all want it to have that Barton Fink feeling.
剧本要有巴顿·芬克的风格
We all have that feeling,
因为你是巴顿·芬克 所以剧本得有你的风格
but since you’re Barton Fink,
I’m assuming you have it in spades.
我估计你已经胸有成竹了
I like you.
我喜欢你
Ifall mywriters were like you,
如果手下的所有编剧都象你
I wouldn’t have to get involved.
我就不用操这么多心了
Have something by the end of the week.
周末拿点东西出来看看
I heard about your show, by the way.
你的戏我听说过
My man in New York saw it.
我的手下在纽约看过
Says it’s damn moving, a little fruity,
据说非常的感人,还有点怪诞
but I guess you know what you’re doing.
要完成的工作你应该很了解
Thanks foryour heart.
感谢你付出的真心
We need more heart in motion pictures.
电影中我们需要真情实感
We’re all expecting great things.
我们都在拭目以待
[Typewriter Clacking]
[Faint Laughing]
[Man Laughing]
Front desk.
前台
Hello? Uh, Chet?
你好?切特?
Speaking.
请说
This is Barton Fink in room 621.
我是621房♥的巴顿·芬克
Yes. There’s, uh, someone in the room next door to mine–
我隔壁房♥间的人一
623–
623一
and he’s, uh…

he’s, uh…

making a lot of… noise.
吵得很
I’ll take care of it right away, sir.
我马上去看看
Thank you.
多谢
[Telephone Rings]
[Ring]
Hello.
你好
What?
怎么了?
Huh?
Who?
谁?
[Receiver Slams Down]
[Footsteps]
[Door Opens]
[Loud Knocking]
Did you…
你是不是…
Somebody just complained.
有人刚刚抱怨过
No. I didn’t.
我没有
I mean, I did call down,
我是指责过
not to complain exactly.
不是抱怨
I was concerned that you might–
我只是觉得你可能一
not that it’s my business-might
应该不关我的事一
be in some kind of…distress.
你可能很苦恼
See, I was trying to work, and it’s…
你看,我正在工作,可是…
Well, itwas…difficult.
挺难进行下去的
Yeah.
打搅你我真过意不去
I’m damned sorry if I bothered you.
The damn walls here…
该死的墙…
I just apologize like hell.
真的很对不起
My name’s Charlie Meadows.
我叫查理·米道斯
I guess we’re neighbors.
我们是邻居
Barton Fink.
巴顿·芬克
Neighbor, I’d feel better
邻居,如果允许我请你喝口酒
about the damned inconvenience
我会感觉好受一些
ifyou let me buyyou a drink.
That’s all right. Really.
没问题
Thank you.
谢谢
All right, hell.
好吧
You trying to work,
你接着工作
me carrying on in there.
我♥干♥我的事
The liquor’s good. What do you say?
这酒挺不错的,你看呢?
You got a glass?
要不要来一杯?
It’s the least I can do.
至少我得来一杯
Okay, a quick one.
行啊,一口干
Sure.
没问题
Yeah, just a nip.
小饮一把
I sure do forget myself sometimes.
我有时会得意忘形
I feel like a heel-All
这么无礼的行为 我好过意不去
the carryings-on next door.
我向你保证 没什么大不了的
That’s okay, I assure you.
It’s just I was trying to work.
只是我正是工作而已
What kind of work do you do, Barton, ifyou don’t mind my asking?
你是做什么工作的,巴顿? 不介意问一问吧?
Well, I’m a writer, actually.
我是搞文字工作的
You don’t say? That’s a tough racket.
挺辛苦的行业,你说呢?
My hat’s off to you.
我得向你致敬
Damned interesting work, I’d imagine.
我觉得这工作挺有意思
It’s not easy, but-Damn
是不容易,不过一
difficult, I’d imagine.
我认为相当辛苦
And what’s your line, Mr. Meadows?
你在哪行混,米道斯先生?
Hell, no, call me Charlie.
别这样,叫我查理
Well, Barton…
巴顿二
you might sayl sell peace of mind.
可以说我是通过 让人心灵平静来赚钱
Insurance is my game. Door-to-door.
我是挨家挨户上门卖♥♥保险的
Human contact’s the only way to move merchandise.
和人打交道是唯一的销♥售♥方式
In spite of what you might think, I’m pretty good at it.
不管你怎么想,干这行我很拿手
It doesn’t surprise me.
我一点也不吃惊
I believe in it.
我相信你
Fire, theft, and casualty aren’t things
火灾,偷窃,意外伤亡并非 是只发生在其他人身上
that only happen to other people.
Writing doesn’t work out,
会写文章并不能避免这些情况
you may want to look into it.
你可以多观察一下
Providing basic needs-you could do worse.
不会未雨绸缪,情况只会更糟
I’ll keep that in mind.
我会记住这句话的
What kind of scribbler are you?
你是什么类型的作家?
Newspaperman did you say?
从事新闻业的?
No. Actually, I’m writing for the pictures now.
不是,我是给电影写剧本的
Pictures?
电影?
Jesus!
天啊
Aw, I’m sorry, brother.
不好意思,哥们
I wasjust sitting here thinking
我刚才就在想
I was talking to some ambitious youngster eager to make good.
与我交谈的是个 胸怀大志的年轻人
Hell, you’ve got it made.
看来你信心十足
Beating out that competition?
从竞争中脱颖而出了吗?
And me being patronizing?
要我感恩戴德吗?
Is the egg showing or what?
作品公映了没有?
Actually, I’m just starting out in the movies,
其实我在电影圈才刚起步
though I was well established in New York,
我在纽约干的不错
some renown there.
也算小有名气
Oh, it’s an exciting time, then.
真是激动人心的时刻
I’m not the best-read mug on the planet,
我不是这个星球上最好的记者
so it’s not surprising I didn’t recognize your name.
不知道你的名字不足为奇
Jesus, I feel like a heel.
天,我真的有点无礼
That’s okay, Charlie. I’m a playwright.
没关系,查理 我只是个剧作家
My shows have only played New York.
我的作品只在纽约公演过
The last one got a hell ofa write-up.
最后那出戏赢得一片好评
Must be why they wanted me.
别人也许就是冲这出戏找的我
Why not? Everyone wants quality.
为什么不呢? 人才是大家竞相追逐的
What kind of venue… that is to say,
你是什么范围二就是说

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!