Well, the basic ideas were frequently his.
基本的思路大部分是他的
You wrote Bill’s scripts?
比尔的剧本是你写的?
Jesus, you wrote his…
天啊,你写他的…
Well, what about before that?
那以前呢?
Before what?
什么以前?
Before Bill came to Hollywood.
比尔到好莱坞以前
Bill was always the author, so to speak.
比尔可以说算是个作家
What do you mean, “so to speak”?
你什么意思?’可以说’?
Audrey, how long have you been his…
奥黛丽,你做 他的秘书已经多久了?
secretary?
秘书
Let’s concentrate on our little project.
还是把精力集中 到我们的事上吧
I want to know how many of Bill’s books you wrote!
我要知道比尔的书 有多少本是你写的
I want to know!
我要知道
Barton, honestly…
巴顿,说真的…
Only the last couple.
只有最后两本
Hah!
And my input was mostly editorial, really,
我做的大部分 是修改工作,真的
after he had been drinking.
在他喝醉之后
I’ll bet.
我发誓
Jesus, the grand productive days”!
天啊,所谓’数量众多的杰出作家’
What a goddamn phony.
原来全是他妈的假货
W.P. Mayhew-
W.P.梅修一
William goddamn Phony Mayhew!
该死的梅修
All his guff about escape!
所谓逃避全是他妈的瞎扯
I’ll say he escaped!
原来是真不会写
We don’t have much time.
我们不够时间了
It’ll be fine.
没事的
Don’t judge him, Barton.
别给他下定论,巴顿
Don’t condescend to him.
也不需要对他低声下气
I help Bill most by understanding him,
我帮助比尔大部分 是因为理解他
by appreciating him.
欣赏他
We all need understanding, Barton–
大家都需要理解,巴顿一
even you tonight.
你今晚更需要理解
It’s all you really need.
这就是你需要的
[Moaning]
[Moaning]
[Moaning]
[Moaning]
[Screaming]
[Mosquito Buzzes]
[Mosquito Buzzes]
[Buzzing Stops]
Aah!
Aah!
Aah!
[Door Opens]
[Footsteps]
[Door Closes]
[Footsteps]
[Knock On Door]
Barton?
巴顿?
[Knock Knock]
[Knock Knock]
Barton, are you all right?
巴顿,你没事吧?
I’m fine, thanks.
我很好,谢谢
You sure?
真的?
No! No.
没事,没事
[Whimpers]
[Whimpers]
[Whimpers]
[Cart Bell Rings]
[Cart Bell Rings]
Barton. Are you all right?
巴顿,你没事吧?
No. Can I come in?
没事,我能进来吗?
Let’s go to your room.
去你的房♥间吧
Charlie, I’m in trouble. You got to help me.
查理,我惹麻烦了 你一定要帮我
Get a grip on yourself, brother.
哥们,你不要慌张
Whatever the problem is, we can sort it out.
到底是什么问题? 我们一起想法解决
Charlie, I’m in trouble. Something horrible’s happened.
查理,我惹麻烦了 发生了可怕的事
I got to call the police.
我想去报♥警♥
Will you stay with me till they get here?
在警♥察♥来之前 你能和我在一起吗?
Don’t worry about it. We can work it out.
别担心,我们能解决的
Before you go in… I didn’t do this.
你进去之前… 不是我♥干♥的
I don’t know how it happened, but…
我不知道出了什么事,不过…
I didn’t.
不是我♥干♥的
I want you to know that.
我希望你知道
Okay.
好的
Ohhh!
Oh…
[Vomiting]
[Toilet Flushes]
Oh…
Jesus, Barton, what the hell is this?
天啊,巴顿,到底是怎么回事?
What are we going to do?
我们怎么办?
Call the police.
报♥警♥
Hold on.
稳住
I didn’t do this.
不是我♥干♥的
I did not do this!
不是我♥干♥的
Hold on!
稳住
Stop.
别说了
Take a deep breath. Tell me what happened.
做一下深呼吸,告诉我怎么回事
I passed out! I don’t know! Won’t the police–
我要晕过去了,我不知道怎么回事 警♥察♥会不会…
Stop with the police! Wake up!
别叫警♥察♥,脑子放清醒一点
This looks bad! They hang people for this!
实在太糟了,这样会被绞死的
But I didn’t do it. Don’t you believe me?
可不是我♥干♥的,你不相信我吗?
I believe you! I know you! Why should the police?
我相信你,我了解你 可警♥察♥凭什么相信你?
Did you…
你
Barton, between you and me,
巴顿,我不会说出去的
did you have sexual intercourse?
你和此人做过爱没有?
Jesus, they can tell that.
天啊,你不说他们也查得出来
Got to believe me!
相信我
They got to have mercy!
警♥察♥会有怜悯之心的
You’re in pictures, Barton.
你在电影界工作,巴顿
Even if they cleared you eventually,
即使警♥察♥最后证明你是清白的
this would ruin you.
这种事也足以毁了你
Come on.
来
Wait in the bathroom.
在浴室等着
[Thumping And Banging]
[Charlie]Oh, Lord. Oh, Lordy. Oh, my Lord.
天啊,我的老天爷
Oh, my Lord.
我的老天爷
Ooh!
You passed out.
你错过去了
Where’s Audrey?
奥黛丽在哪?
She’s dead, Barton!
她死了,巴顿!
She’s dead, if that was her name!
如果你说的是那人的名字 她已经死了
You got to act as if nothing has happened.
你要装作什么事都没发生过
Put this totally out ofyour head.
完全抛之于脑后
Your play is to go about your business as usual.
要一切如常
Give us some time to sort this out.
我们需要点时间解决这事
[Ticking]
Bart! So happy to see ya!
巴特,见到你真高兴
Sit. Talk. Relax fora minute.
坐下,先放松一会
Then talk.
然后再说话
Drink?
喝点什么?
U h…
yeah.
好的
Rye whiskey?
黑麦威士忌?
Boy, you writers. Work hard, play hard.
你们这帮编辑 工作刻苦,也真会享受
That’s what I hear, anay. Lou!
我是这么听人说的,卢!
Anyway, Ben Geisler tells me things are going along great.
本·盖斯勒说取得的成绩很了不起
Says we got a real winner in this one.
他说这回我们一定是赢家
I’ll tell you something. I’m counting on it.
我告诉你,我一直在盼着
I’ve taken an interest. Nothing to fear, mind you.
我兴趣很大,别怕
Hardly seems necessary in your case–
没必要害怕
a writer, a storyteller ofyour stature.
作为一个象你这样 有才能的作家
Give it to me in bold strokes, Bart.
来震撼我一下,巴特
Give me the broad outlines.
把故事大纲说说
I’m in the audience, the lights go down,
我是个观众,灯光熄灭了
Capitol logo comes up.
神殿的标志出来了
You’re on, huh?
然后到你了
Yeah.
好的
Uh…okay.
Huh?
Well, uh…
we…we fade in…
背景淡入
U h-huh.
It’s–It’s a tenement building on the Lower East Side.
出现东下城的出租屋
Great! He’s poor, this wrestler.
太好了,这个摔跤手很穷
He’s had to struggle, huh?