是啊 石溪大学
Yeah, yeah, for Stony Brook.
抱歉 我
Sorry, I, um…
我没考上石溪大学
I burnt out at Stony Brook.
几年以后 我
After a few years, I…
搬到了这里
moved out here.
直到最近我一直在跳舞
I was dancing up until very recently.
跳舞
Dancing?
谢谢
Thank you.
那你妻子陪你一起出差吗 还是
So does your wife come with you on these things, or…
她留在纽约了
Is she back in New York?
没有没有 我妻子过世了
No, no, no, my wife passed away.
-很抱歉 -没事
– I’m sorry. – No, no, it’s…
没关系 都是很久以前的事情了
it’s fine. It was a long time ago.
甚至要在我认识你以前了
It was before I had you, even.
吃的怎么样
How’s the food?
难吃
Shit.
想去别的地方吗
You wanna try somewhere else?
我以为你只待两天
I thought you were here for two days.
就一个周末 对
Uh, just for the weekend, yeah.
一个周末需要这么多西装
A lot of suits for a weekend.
谁也猜不到会有什么活动…
Well, you never know what might come up these…
好吧
Right.
你总是这样 对吧
That was always your thing, wasn’t it?
你做英语老师的时候
Even when you were an English teacher,
也总是西装革履
you were always the guy in the suits.
西装怎么了
What’s wrong with a suit?
说不清 就是…
I don’t know, it’s just…
有点悲哀
it’s a little sad.
就是有点悲哀
Just a little sad.
冰箱里好像…
I think they put some bottles in the, uh…
有几瓶酒 我也不清楚原因
in the bar fridge, I’m not sure why.
你现在可以看我的眼睛了 弗兰克
You’re allowed to make eye contact, Frank.
不行
No, I’m not.
好吧
Right.
罗斯林大道
爸爸
Dad!
我带晚餐回来了
I got dinner.
今天有什么趣事吗
Anything happen today?
我和副主管谈了
I spoke to the assistant superintendent.
为了写文章
For an article.
那位女士是管事的
The woman who runs all the business.
不知道他们想不想雇一位管培员工
Wonder if they’re looking to hire anybody in development.
你资历过高了
You’re overqualified.
罗斯福影像
佛坦欧福乡间老路
罗莎·贝尔莫墨西哥餐厅
莱斯利泳池用品店
加班到这么晚啊 格卢金女士
Late night, Ms. Gluckin?
我的天 艾迪 你吓死我了
Jesus, Eddie, you scared the shit out of me.
周末有什么好玩的安排吗
Got any fun plans for the weekend?
没有 我只想回家安静地
Yeah, no, all I want is to spend some quiet time
陪我的孩子
at home with my kids.
-你明白的 -好吧
– You know. – All right.
祝你愉快
Have a good time.
-下周见 -好 晚安 艾迪
– See you next week. – Yeah, good night, Eddie.
-抱歉 吓到你了 -没关系
– Sorry about scare… – That’s all right.
他…
He’s…
好吧 首先 他们太小了
Okay, first of all, they’re too small.
姐♥妹♥们♥ 你们认识我的侄女杰妮·阿奎拉吗
Oh, girls, have you met my niece, Jenny Aquila?
她和我一起在罗斯林工作 是行政职员
She’s working with me over at Roslyn, district clerk.
这地方可真美啊
Isn’t this place beautiful?
-我觉得… -太美了
– I mean… – So gorgeous.
那几辆雪佛兰 霍华德肯定赚了不少吧
Howard must be making out like a bandit with those Chevys.
他最近在兼♥职♥做咨♥询♥
He’s been consulting a little on the side.
我为他骄傲
I’m proud of him.
其实我们打算等到这学期结束就重新装♥修♥
We’re planning a big remodel once the season’s through, actually.
你找了哪位承包商
Who’s your contractor?
-妈 救命 -我儿子吉姆
– Ma, help! – Jim Boy’s gonna do it.
大鹅被击垮了 我不能…
Big goose down. I can’t… Ah!
你确定吉米准备好接这么大的工程了吗
Are you sure Jimmy’s ready to take on a project this size?
确定 对他也好
Yeah, it’ll be good for him.
让他专心于新事物
Get his mind going on somethin’ new.
-帕姆姑妈 -什么事
– Aunt Pam. – Yeah?
我可以和你进去聊几句吗
Uh, can I talk to you inside just for a sec?
好的
Sure.
好了 杰妮 什么事
All right, Jen. What’s going on?
说实话
Honestly…
提到这件事就很不好意思了 但是…
I feel bad even bringing it up, but, um…
杰克的生日要到了
Jake’s birthday is comin’ up.
他一直想要索尼游戏机
And he’s been asking for the Sony PlayStation.
-电子游戏机 -是
– Video game system. – Yeah.
他总说朋友都有了 自己落后了
And how all his friends have it and how he feels left out.
你也知道
You know, um,
我手头有点紧 我一直在想既然
money’s been tight, and I was just thinking since
霍华德最近收入这么好…
Howard’s been doin’ so well and all…
我有钱了马上就还给你
I’d pay you back as soon as I’m able.
直接用卡吧
Just put it on the card.
安柏 亲爱的 可以让我
Amber, sweetie, do you mind
和你杰妮表姐单独待一会吗
giving your cousin Jenny and me a minute?
谢谢
Thank you.
但我想或许你可以通过私人渠道
But I was wondering if maybe you could just lend me
把钱借给我…
the money from your personal…
不用担心 到了月底
Don’t worry about it. It’ll all be reconciled
全都会做平
at the end of the month.
我这样做很久了
I’ve been doing this a long time.
只是 只是…
It’s, it’s just,
他很想要那台游戏机
he wants that PlayStation so much, you know?
周一一早先把收据放到我桌上
Just put the receipt on my desk first thing Monday morning
不用多想
and don’t give it another thought.
我先失陪了 要去招待客人
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to play host.
找出文章的主旨
山峰灯塔
我没明白 这是什么
I don’t get this. What is this?
是你要的天桥报道
It’s the SkyWalk piece you wanted.
不 这是两页的承包商投标
No, this is two pages of contractor bids,
建筑材料和区划条例
building materials, and zoning ordinances
非常详细
in brutal detail.
对 这就是新闻报道
Yeah, it’s journalism.
我们的读者才十五岁
Our readers are 15.
你知道每期报纸我们都得在印刷前
You realize we have to submit every issue to Bressler
让布雷斯勒过目吧
before we go to print.
还有塔索内博士和帕姆·克雷莫纳
And Dr. Tassone, and Pam Cremona.
帕姆·格卢金 她现在姓格卢金了
Pam Gluckin. It’s Gluckin now.
听我说 我们不是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》 好吧
Look, we’re not the “New York Times,” right?
我们是个课外小组 是个
We’re an extracurricular. We are a club
为了上好的大学而创办的社团
designed to get us all into good colleges.
我们这里做报道有特定的方法
We have a certain finesse to the way we approach stories here.
要我说的话 也难以描述
A je ne sais quoi, if you will.
但不用担心 你会掌握的
But don’t worry, though. You’re gonna get the hang of it.
创记录的天桥被证实是一项昂贵的工程
学生们对即将进行的天桥项目兴奋不已
一流五金
罗斯林公立学校
詹姆斯·D·麦卡登
先生
Sir.
可以问一下吗
Could I ask, uh,
你今天去了几家我们的店
how many of our stores have you visited today?
好几家吧
A couple.
法明代尔和伊斯利普的那几家
The ones in Farmingdale and Islip
没有我要的东西
didn’t have what I was looking for.
我们其实为高级顾客
I mean, you know, we actually offer
提供免费的送货服务
free ship-to service for our high-value customers.
你觉得我是高级顾客
You think I’m high-value?
当然是了
I mean, reasonably, yeah.
所以要把这些东西送到哪去
So where’s this stuff going?
-该死 -好 不 不
– Shit. – Yeah, no, no.