so we came up with this idea, the SkyWalk.
它是一座连接学校两端的桥梁
a bridge, to link the school from end to end.
这对我们来说是一项艰巨的任务
And um, it’s a huge undertaking for us.
等明年五月这个计划获批
And we can’t wait to break ground
我们会即刻动工的
once the plans are approved next May.
好极了 这就够了 太感谢了
Great, that’s all I need. Thank you so much.
这就够了 你不需要后续问题吗
That’s it? No, no follow-ups?
不用 这就是篇拍马屁的文章
No, it’s just a puff piece.
他们把真正的报道留给高三学生写了
They save the real stories for seniors.
蕾切尔
Rachel.
这不拍马屁的文章 除非你决定这么写
It’s only a puff piece if you let it be a puff piece.
西北大学也会这么告诉你的
That’s what they’ll tell you over at Northwestern.
好吗 一个真正的新闻工作者
All right? A real journalist
能把任何作业都写成一篇报道
can turn any assignment into a story.
你在忙吗 就一帮同事想向你道谢
Are you busy? Just a couple of colleagues want to convey thanks.
蕾切尔·巴尔加瓦 《山峰灯塔》的撰稿人
Rachel Bhargava, staff writer for the “Hilltop Beacon.”
这位是鲍勃·斯派塞 学校董事会主席
This is Bob Spicer, school board president.
你是…
Oh, you’re,
你跟我女儿贝卡一个年级对吧
You’re in my daughter, Becca’s year, right?
替我向你♥爸♥爸问好
Say hi to your dad for me.
很高兴见到你 蕾切尔
Nice to meet you, Rachel.
如果还有问题 就和玛丽·安约个时间 好吗
And if you want to follow up, just set a time with Mary Ann, okay?
我等着看你的文章
And, uh, I’ll be keeping an eye out for your byline.
需求量跟疯了一样 一飞冲天
The demand is insane. It’s skyrocketing.
罗斯林高地的三室房♥
We’re seeing three bedrooms go
要价超过一百万
for over a million in Roslyn Heights.
是啊 赛奥西特和杰里科
Yeah, you just don’t see those kinds of numbers
可看不到这种房♥价
in Syosset or Jericho.
没错 但那些镇子离市里更远
Right, but those towns are a further commute from the city.
曼哈西特和大颈也不行
Not Manhasset, not Great Neck.
重点是公立学校 学校越好
It’s the public schools. The better the school system,
房♥价越高 就这么简单
the higher the price tag on the homes, period.
自从那本期刊上登了那篇报道
Our firm has sold nine separate lots in that area
我们公♥司♥已经在那里卖♥♥出九块地了
since the report in that journal came out.
这是一点心意
And, uh, here’s a little something
-是大家的谢礼 -好吧
– you know, from all of us. – Okay.
天啊 这真是
Really, that’s, oh.
-继续保持吧 -谢谢大家
– Keep up the good work. – Well, thanks, everyone.
-塔索内博士 -对了
– Dr. Tassone? – Oh, yeah.
-你们介意合个影吗 -没问题
– Do you mind if we get a little… – Yeah, yeah, yeah.
-我会放我办公室里 -好极了
– Something for my office. – Great.
-我很感谢你们 -靠过来点 威尔
– I really appreciate you… – Scoot in, scoot in, Will.
今天来看我
…coming in today.
-谢谢你们 -好的
– Thank you. – Okay.
-好的 谢谢你们 -好的
– Okay, thank you. – Okay.
好了 让他
All right? Yeah, let’s let him…
-让他回去工作吧 -谢谢
– Let him get back to work. – Thank you.
-真的很感谢你们 -好的
– No, I really appreciate it. – Yeah.
-非常感谢 -谢谢
– Thank you so much. – Thank you.
好了
Okay.
我不能吃这些 麻烦你
I can’t eat these. Just, if you put them out
把它们放外面让大家随便拿吧
for everybody to pick at, that’d be great.
他们没有亚麻籽了
They were out of the flax seed.
没关系 谢了
That’s okay, that’s okay. Thanks.
你觉得鲍勃那个职位大概能挣多少
How much do you figure a guy like Bob makes at his regular job?
你是说鲍勃·斯派塞吗
Bob Spicer, you mean?
一年至少几十万
High sixes a year, minimum.
甚至可能超过百万
Maybe seven figures in this market.
-怎么了 -当我没问
– Why? – Oh, forget it.
你看上去很累
You look tired.
也许你可以早点回家 休息一下
You might wanna go home early, get some rest.
我还得去聊狄更斯
I gotta run Dickens.
也许我可以试试退出
Maybe I’ll try and bow out and
提早为这周末的维加斯之旅做好准备
get a headstart and early prep for Vegas this weekend.
-最好不要翘读书俱乐部 -为什么
– I wouldn’t bail on book club. – Why?
那些女人喜欢你
Those women adore you,
而她们每人都有二十来个闺蜜
and each one talks to two dozen more.
距离下一次预算投票也就九个月了
The next budget vote’s only nine months away.
-对 我们的天桥 -是啊 这是个大项目
– Right, our SkyWalk. – Yeah, the SkyWalk is big.
能让我们排第一 这才是重点
Gets us to first. That’s all that matters.
这个新的减肥食谱真够我受的
This new diet is kicking my ass.
这到底是什么
What is that, even?
估计是木炭之类的东西
It’s got charcoal in it or something like that.
炭 是吧
Yeah, coal.
现在要是能来点碳水让我杀人都行
I would kill somebody for a carb right now.
真不知道该上哪去找啊
I don’t know where you could find one.
你真是贱死了
You are such a bitch.
怎么 你想来一口吗
Oh, would you like a bite?
-我讨厌熏牛肉配黑麦面包 -想咬一口吗
– I hate pastrami on rye. – You want a bite?
我知道你不喜欢
Yeah, I know you hate it.
张嘴
Open up.
-太他妈的好吃了 -是吧
– Fucking so good. – Right?
再来一口嘛
Come on, you can eat more.
别这样 再吃一口
You got… come on, one more bite.
-我要杀了你 -我不会告诉别人的
– I will kill you. – I won’t tell anyone.
我谁都不会说的
I’m not gonna tell anyone.
你还在长身体
You’re a growing boy.
快吃吧 别废话了
Come on. Eat the fuckin’ sandwich.
我们开始吧
Let’s get started.
我们可以开始了吗 大家
Should we get started, everyone?
聊聊我们对《马丁·翟述伟》的看法吧
What do we all think of “Martin Chuzzlewit”?
好吧
Okay.
弗兰克 不是所有人都对文化感兴趣
You know, Frank, the culture is not for everyone.
我觉得我们最终还是
Eh, I thought we wound up having a
进行了一场不错的讨论
really good discussion, ultimately.
弗兰克 我可以问你一个私人的问题吗
Frank, can I ask you a personal question?
可以
Sure.
就是
It’s just that…
乔纳他
Jonah’s…
非常接受不了分居的事
you know, having a really hard time with the separation.
是啊 你知道施拉克特老师
Yeah. You know, Ms. Schlacter,
告诉我他开始对《香蕉船》感兴趣了
uh, told me that he’s opened up a little bit in Banana Splits?
没错 是的 我的天呐
Right, yeah, oh, my God. Yeah.
-谢谢你的指引 -这是我应该做的
– Thank you for getting him in. – No, of course.
这一切对我们来说太难了 而且
It has been so hard on us, and…
你真的是
You have been…
帮了我们的大忙
such a tremendous help.
莎伦 别这么说 我很乐意帮忙 随时都可以
Oh, Sharon, of course. Anytime, anytime.
是啊 我…
Yeah, and…
-弗兰克 抱歉 -没关系 没关系
– Frank, I’m sorry. – No, no, no, no, no.
你想给你的儿子最好的安排
You want what’s best for your son.
这没有什么好羞耻的
That’s nothing to be ashamed of.
相反 它会让你更坚强 只是
Uh, no, it makes you strong. It’s, um…
我
I…
我觉得 到头来
you know, I think at the end of the day,
她给我留下的回忆还是如此鲜活
her memory is still very fresh.
看见你我怎么就一点都不吃惊呢
Somehow, I’m not surprised.
杰妮之前弄错了几份文件
Jenny screwed up some paperwork earlier.
我在给她善后
I’m saving her ass.
杰妮有个好姑妈
Jenny’s got a good aunt.
狄更斯聊得怎么样了
How did Dickens go?
这周去的是莎伦·凯茨家
Well, it was Sharon Katz’s place this week.
那个
And…
-我就知道 -我想我可能
– I knew it. – I, I think maybe
不该主动提出帮她洗碗
I shouldn’t have offered to wash up.
可怜的女人
That poor woman.
她完全不是你的菜
She’s nowhere near your type.
确实 完全不是
She’s not, she’s not.
-詹米森 -学术英语
– Jamieson. – Uh, Honors English.
-喜欢尼采 -很好
– Loves Nietzsche. – Very good.
迪詹纳罗呢