不是什么高档餐厅 是…
Uh, it was nowhere fancy. It was…
贝尔大街上的一家披萨店
a pizza place on Bell Boulevard.
两份希腊沙拉和一杯汽水
Two Greek salads and a fountain drink.
我弄错了 不小心刷错了卡
And I fucked up, I used the wrong card by accident.
二十美元
It’s for $20.
然后我说 周一我会把钱还上的
And I said, I’d even it all out on Monday.
我会自掏腰包把钱还给学校
I’d reimburse the school out of pocket.
不论怎样我们都要还
Whatever we had to do, you know.
周一到了 又过去了
Monday came and went.
没人说一句话 没人在乎
Nobody said anything. Nobody, nobody cared.
周二 刷了一个六十美分的硬面包圈
On Tuesday, it was a 60 cent bagel.
鲍勃 如果…
Bob, if…
如果我想要钱
if I wanted the money…
我早就去华尔街了
I would have gone to Wall Street.
我会像你一样
I’d be living in a big house
住在郊区的大房♥子里 但是…
in the country estates like you, but…
我想要有所作为
I wanted to make a difference.
对吧
Right?
是的 我们都是 你看
I did, we did, look.
我们现在排名第四
We’re number four.
我帮大家争到了第四的位置
I got us all the way to number four.
我拿着教师水平的工资做到了
Right, and I did it on a glorified teacher’s salary
而你和其他人却从这个学区赚了几百万
while you and everyone else made millions off the district.
我帮大家争到了第四
I got us to number four,
我会带领大家争到第一的
and I will get us to number one.
董事会召开了紧急会议
The board, we convened an emergency session.
我们要就十一月处理帕姆的情况
We’re gonna make a public statement
向镇上发表公开声明
to the town about the way we handled Pam in November.
什么 拜托 不行
What? Come on, no.
-是的 必须这样 -不行 不行
– No, yes, that’s how it has to be. – No, no.
现在不行 不要
Not now, no.
要等到预算投票通过才行
Not until the budget vote goes through.
就差几天了 鲍勃 这个…
It’s a few days away. Bob, it’s…
鲍勃
Bob.
我还有办法让贝卡进哈佛
I can still get Becca into Harvard.
希望你能找到内心的安宁 弗兰克
I hope you find peace, Frank.
-为什么是孩子们 -请…
– Why are we hearing about this… – Please…
而不是你亲自告诉我们
from our children and not from you?
-我们知道你们 -我们的钱到底在哪
– We know you’re… – Where the hell’s our money?
我们知道你们很生气 也知道你们很愤怒
We know you’re upset. We know you’re angry.
但是我们不能…我们不能
But we cannot… we simply cannot afford
通过控制学校的预算
to hold our school’s budget hostage
来妨碍你们孩子的教育
to place a filibuster on your children’s education.
这是高层勾结
This is collusion at the highest level.
我们要求辞职
We demand resignations.
这样没用
This is not productive.
不不不 我理解你们的心情
No, no, no, no, I understand where this is coming from.
但是我会一一回答你们的问题
But I will answer each of your questions.
首先请允许我读一下这份声明
First, please just let me read this statement that I prepared.
你们都该进监狱
You all should be in prison!
够了
Enough!
玛丽·安 到底发生什么了
Mary Ann, what the hell’s going on?
玛丽·安
Mary Ann?
海韦希今早打电♥话♥来了
Hevesi called this morning.
弗兰克 你说过他永远不会打电♥话♥来的
Frank, you said he would never call.
弗兰克
Frank.
你好 塔索内博士
Hi, Dr. Tassone.
很高兴能等到你
Oh, we’re so glad we could catch you.
施魏策尔夫人 卡萝尔 现在真不是时候
Uh, Ms. Schweitzer, uh, Carol, now’s really not the best time.
拜托了 我们只占用您一点时间
Please, please, we just need one minute of your attention.
查德有件事非常想和您分享
Chad has something that he would really like to share with you.
好吧 拜托 您能花一点时间
All right, please, why don’t you just take a moment,
听他读完吗
all right, and hear him out.
当然
Of course.
当然可以
Of course I will.
-好了吗 -好吧
– Yeah? – Okay.
下午好 塔索内博士 您周末过得怎么样
Good afternoon, Dr. Tassone. How was your weekend?
希望您愉快 我今天想跟您谈谈
Good, I hope. I’d like to talk to you today
您管理的实验班
about the OMNI program that you are running.
等等 我们去年秋天已经谈过这件事了
Wait, I thought we already discussed the subject of OMNI last fall.
是的 米利措克让他补考了
Oh, yeah, no, Militzok gave him the make-up test
但是她加大了难度来为难他
but she made it harder to spite him.
没有哪个三年级学生能通过那个考试
And no third grader could pass that test.
好的 我想我得调查一下
All right, well, I guess I’ll just have to look into it.
查德 你给塔索内博士读完吧
Chad, why don’t you just finish reading for Dr. Tassone?
-好的 -嗯
– Okay. – Uh-huh.
我真心希望您能考虑让我
I very much hope that you will still consider me
进这个实验班
for this amazing program.
我相信我很聪明 因此可以
I believe I am very bright and could benefit
从加…
from learning thusly at an ack…
-加… -把那个念出来
– ack… – Okay, sound that out.
加…加…
acc… acc…
-加速 -嗯 是的
– Accelerated? – Mm-hmm, that’s right.
塔索内博士 你听到塔索内博士说的了
Dr. Tassone. You hear what Dr. Tassone said?
好的 从这段开头再来一遍
Okay, all right, start again from the beginning of the paragraph.
下午好 塔索内博士 您周末过得怎么样
Good afternoon, Dr. Tassone. How was your weekend?
-我希望您愉快 -不不不 就跳到
– Good, I hope. – Oh, no, no, let’s, let’s skip
有问题的那个句子 查德
to that trouble sentence there, Chad.
也行 好吧 慢慢来
That’s okay. All right, yeah, take your time.
从…
From…
我相信我很聪明 因此可以
I believe I am very bright and could benefit
从加…
from learning thusly at an ack…
-加速 -“加组”
– Accelerated. – “Ackselated”?
加速
Accelerated.
-“加足” -加 速
– “Arrelicated”? – Ac-celerated.
好吧
Okay.
你喜欢赛车吗 查德
Do you like race cars, Chad?
喜欢吗 好的
Yeah? Okay.
假设你坐在赛车里
Let’s say you’re in a racecar.
好了 这样 不用那个了
All right, here, you don’t need that.
你坐在赛车里
You’re in a racecar.
处于印第安纳波利斯五百英里大奖赛的领先位置
First place at the Indy 500
世界上所有的赞助商都来了
with, with all the sponsorships in the world.
风吹过你的头发 你感觉很棒
The wind is in your hair and you’re feeling just great,
突然间 你感到后面有东西追上来
and all of a sudden, you feel this thing behind you
快碰上你的挡泥板
digging into your fender,
然后你朝后视镜一看
and you look into the mirror, right.
有一个挂钩
And there’s this hook.
你的挡泥板上有个挂钩
There’s a hook in your fender dug in real good,
挂钩上绑着一条长长的金属绳
and it’s connected to a… a long metal rope
绳子的末端
and at the end of that rope
绑着巨大的五吨♥重的煤渣块
is, well, it’s a massive five-ton cinder block.
知道吧 查德 对吧
Okay, Chad? All right?
你的任务是开车
So your job is driving.
你是达勒·恩哈德 后面是煤渣块
You’re Dale Earnhardt and here’s this cinder block,
旁边所有的车飞奔而过
and all the other cars are soaring past you and
你从第一位掉到了最后一位
you’ve gone from first to last place
你就不停地想
and you keep thinking to yourself,
我到底要怎么做才能甩掉后面这玩意
“What the hell do I have to do to get this thing off my back?”
好的 我告诉你 查德 很简单
Well, I’ll tell you, Chad. It’s real simple.
你的脚就使劲踩油门
You just put your foot on the gas real hard
你加快速度
and you accelerate,
你加快速度 绳子就会断成两截
you accelerate so fast that rope snaps in two,
煤渣就爆了
the cinder block explodes,
跟我一起说 查德
and just say it with me, Chad.
加速 加速 加速
Accelerate. Accelerate. Accelerate.
-加速 -对了
– Accelerate? – Yes.
-好了 -很好
– Okay. – Yes!
你脑子有问题吧
What, what is your problem, huh?
我有问题
My problem?