不过最后变成了拥抱爱抚 也不错
But it worked out with the caress and the hug.
他说”你们本来是该亲吻的”
He says, “Because you were originally supposed to kiss,
“可Michael太害羞了 所以别亲他”
“but Michael is too shy for that so don’t kiss him.”
Michael最后追到我 我们两个靠近拥抱
When Michael did finally come out and we got close and we hugged,
我能闻到他呼出口气里的清新薄荷味
I could smell like a minty, minty fresh scent from his breath.
那是个暗示啊 你该去亲他的
That was a signal!
我觉得他是有备而来的 但是…
I kind of think he came prepared but…
我已经被提前告知不要亲他 说他应付不来
Being told not to kiss him, and that he couldn’t handle it,
因为太害羞了 我可不想占他便宜
he was too shy, I didn’t want to take advantage like that.
听着 Tatitna可不是个害羞的姑娘
Oh, listen, Tatiana was not shy. She was not a shy girl.
我们再来延续这个故事
And in fact, going on with this story is little bit,
她曾被明确告知 “绝对不要在舞台上吻Michael”
she was told, “Definitely don’t kiss Michael onstage.”
他抱怨说她在舞台上太主动了什么的
He was complaining she’d become too aggressive on stage and everything.
我还开玩笑呢 “这演出是要弄X级的吗”
I made a joke, “Is this going to be X-rated, this thing?”
我说 “Michael 为什么不直接上了她 找个晚上BAN了她”
I said, “Michael, why don’t you just go fuck her? Fuck her one night.
“一劳永逸”
“Get it over with.”
他笑了 Frank说”你这是干嘛啊”
He started laughing and Frank said, “What the hell are you doing?
“我已经够麻烦了”
“I’ve got enough Goddamn trouble without you trying to get him
“你还撮合他跟那姑娘”
“involved with this girl.”
但对我来说 这就变成原则了 因为我说了
But for me, it became policy because I said,
“如果Michael在那支录影带里不接吻”
“OK, if Michael doesn’t kiss in the video,
“那谁也不可以在录影带里接吻了”
“I don’t think anybody should kiss in the video.”
从那天起 我总会把片子里的吻戏剪掉
So since that day, I always edit out kisses in videos
特别有一次 Justin Bieber拍音乐录影带
and one in particular, Justin Bieber made a video.
他本打算要吻那姑娘 我就抓狂了
He was going to kiss the girl and I went crazy.
我抓狂 一是因为他要亲那姑娘
And I went crazy, A – because he wanted to kiss the girl,
二是因为她是位黑人姑娘
and B – she was a black girl.
我当时一个劲儿的喊 “好啊 你把整部录影带都毁了算了 伙计”
And I was like, “OK, you’re about to mess up your whole thing, man.”
哦 哦 看啊 奶奶 那是…
Oh, oh, look, Granny. It-it’s…
那是…那是…那那是…M….
Ah…it’s-it’s… Mmm…mmm…ah! M-M-M…
Mantovani? (指挥家 小提琴家)
Mantovani?
不 是Michael Jackson
No. Michael Jackson!
Michael Jackson
ALL: Michael Jackson!
“Speed Demon”这首歌♥ 也许是专辑里大家不太熟悉的一首
Speed Demon is a song that maybe people aren’t as familiar with
但其实蕴含了整个专辑的暗喻
on the album, but actually serves as a metaphor for the entire album.
因为Michael在专辑里要表达的是逃走
Because what Michael is trying to do with this album is escape,
摆脱一切禁锢他的东西
escape from all the things that are confining him,
一切让他窒息的事物
all the things that are suffocating him.
他在这里啊! 签个名如何
There he is! Hey, buddy, how about an autograph?
在我肚子上签名如何?
Would you autograph my tummy? THEY LAUGH
“Speed Demon”是我喜欢的歌♥
Speed Demon was my song.
我是个打击乐手 那歌♥绝对让人激动
I’m a percussionist and that song was 100% syncopated adrenaline.
在James Brown的编曲风格中
In the James Brown mode of rhythm arrangement where you use
用乐器来演绎打击乐部分
instruments as percussion.
都是陶土玩偶
It was pretty much clay-mation, you know,
再放进真实场景中 是一种混搭
matted into live action settings. It was a real mix.
那支音乐录影带的创意
The whole idea of that music video, that short,
就是把真人镜头和玩偶组合在一起
was really to merge live action and clay-mation together.
故事中有一个情节
There was one place in the story where, you know,
他变成了其中一个角色”兔子Spike”
he turns into our character Spike Rabbit,
以此逃脱狗仔队的骚扰
you know, as a way to sort of get away from the paparazzi and so forth.
追逐中一直是Spike的样子
Our Spike character wanders through in this incredible chase,
但他们回来时就分身了 像这样分开了
but when they come back and they separate, they separate like this and
Spike在那里 Michael也在 他们来了段双人舞
so Spike’s still there and Michael’s right there and they do a duet.
跳了段舞蹈
A little dance thing.
我们得让兔子Spike 跟Michael并肩跳舞
So we had to make Spike Rabbit dance right alongside Michael.
真是有意思极了 因为一方面
That was really, really fun because, for one thing,
我们得弄好编舞 想清楚他要怎么做
we had to work out the choreography between what he was going to do
我们该怎么做 弄清具体舞步
and how we were going to do it, and figure out exactly how the
与音乐高度配合什么的
moves were going to work, and work it right to the music and so on.
不是很悠闲的 要很用力的 全力
Instead of easing into it, maybe just really hit it. Full load.
希望我可以啊 感觉施展不了 这身衣服真是太紧了
I wish I could. I feel so limited. This stuff is so tight on me.
“Speed Demon”即将杀青的时候 有一天他打电♥话♥来
Upon finishing with Speed Demon, he called up one day,
他说他多么喜欢加州葡萄干的广♥告♥
he got around to saying how much he loved the California Raisin
我就明白他的意思了
commercials, so I realised where he was going.
我说 “Michael 让你做回葡萄干吧”
And I said, “Michael, you should be a raisin.”
“嘢”
“Yeah!”
“Will 请你给我回电 是配角的事”
‘Will, I really need you to call me pertaining to the backup guys,
“角色得更强有力一些”
‘the character’s got to be much stronger.
“现在这样还不行”
‘It doesn’t hit it right on.
“这事非常重要 谢谢 再见”
‘This is very important. Thank you. Bye.’
在我后边是能说唱的人形葡萄干
The rap raisins materialising behind me,
我想刻画一下他们的性格
I want to define their character.
从他的表情来表现 基本上都得靠表情
And from his expression, which is 99% of it.
戴眼镜的那个 他的态度是…
The one guy has the glasses, and he has the type of attitude that
非常酷 有了它是我的运气
he’s so cool that I’m fortunate that he’s here.
他非常的酷 得是这个样子
And he’s much too cool for, like, one of these.
另一个则是很蔑视的样子
And the other one is like a sarc…sarcasm.
就像问他 “你看什么看”
It’s like, “What you looking at?”
另一个葡萄干该是这样的 不戴眼镜
The other raisin would be this style. No glasses.
他的眼睛一直都是这个样子
So his eyes are most of the expression. Like…
就这样
Like that.
哇 一定是吃错东西了
Wow! Must have been something I ate.
现在我面前的是 12寸的Liberian Girl单曲盘
Right now on the decks I have the 12-inch single to Liberian Girl
还有Run DM的嘻哈乐
and Run DMC’s beats to Sucka MCs.
来听听效果
It sounds something like this.
Quincy想要一个非洲感觉的前奏
Quincy wanted some kind of African little intro thing here.
所以你看到Micheal Patiker出现在场景里
So this was Michael Boddicker on synth
还有这些特效
and all these effects
想营造非洲日出的场景
are kind of giving an African sunrise sort of thing.
人们低估了这首歌♥激进的意味
I mean, people underestimated how radical that was.
1987到1988年间没有任何人
Nobody else was writing songs about African women
会把非洲妇女当美人来写
as beautiful in 1987-1988.
-很高兴再次见到你 -我也很高兴见到你
– It’s so nice to see you again. – Nice to see you too.
我度过了这一生最幸福的一段时光 真是太开心了
I’ve had the time of my life here. I’d had so much fun.
我不想离开
I hate to leave.
世界最著名的巨星
Here’s the biggest pop star in the world,
别人都说他把自己漂成了白人
who quote-unquote is making himself look white, and yet he’s very
但他却一如既往得沉迷于非洲的美丽
engaged with beauty and the idea of Africa as a site of beauty.
其实Michael有着非常强烈的非洲情结
It’s just speaks to the fact that Michael had a very strong
他经常去非洲
African consciousness. He went to Africa a lot.
完全沉迷于那个大♥陆♥
He was very engaged with the continent.
你的生命中有个利比里亚女孩吗
Is there a Liberian girl in your life?
没有啦 我其实是在我家娱乐房♥里写的
No. I wrote that at my house, in the game room.
我正在打弹珠啥的
I guess I was playing some pinball or something.
这首歌♥就突然出现在我脑海里
And the song just popped into my head.
我就立马跑上楼 录了下来 这就是”Liberian Girl”
I think I ran upstairs, put it on tape and it became Liberian Girl.
创作这歌♥时 就像闪电突现
When it was created, it just happened like lightning.
就是一瞬间的事
It was just an instant thing.
一般编曲要费很多时间的
Normally, it took a lot of time to put things together.
这一首用了三四个钟头
That one happened in three or four hours.
我相信声音创造幻境
I’m a great believer in sonic fantasy.
而不是现实
Not sonic reality.
也就是创造出只存在于…
Sonic fantasy means creating a soundscape that exists
你想象中的音景 只有你能看到的那种音乐风景
only in your imagination. That only you can see.
我看到了这些不可思议的音景 我就想…
So I could see these incredible soundscapes, and I thought…
Liberian Girl?
Liberian Girl?
– “Liberian Girl” 是… – 对啊
– Liberian girl is… – My man!
完美范例
..Is a perfect example.
我做了点音效合成的工作
I did a little synth work on that.
就是这部分
That part right there.
最后有一些啁啾的音效 像鸟鸣
And it’s got a little bird thing happening there on the end of it.
Quincy说”给我点鸟鸣的效果 伙计”
Quincy said, “Give me some of that bird stuff, Boddicker.”
有一点点 下一部分会有更多
That’s got a little bit of it. The next time is even more so.
这部分就是我写的
So…there’s this part that I wrote.
我在”Speed Demon” 和”Liberian Girl”里头是鼓手
I played drums Speed Demon, Liberian Girl.
非常棒 Liberian Girl可有意思了
That was good, Liberian Girl was a fun song to do
因为人人都问我
because everyone would always ask me,
为什么Michael要写在图书馆工作的女孩啊 (图书馆和Liberian拼写读音相似)
“Why did Michael write a song about a lady working in a library?”
是啊 在柜台后面带着眼镜
Yeah, there’s a little sexy lady behind the counter with