你以前结过婚吗
You ever been married before?
是的 夫人 结过
Yes, ma’am, I have.
不止一次吧
More then once?
三次 不算这次的话
Three times, actually, three times before this.
那你应该对这事很熟练了
You should pretty much have it down by now, then.
是的 是的
Right, right.
我一眼就看出来了
I had that one pegged. Didn’t I?
看看他 一眼就知道结过婚
I mean, look at him, you can tell he’s been married.
我本想带史蒂夫去看
You know when I went outside to show Steve
那个老堡垒的 可它被拆了
the old fort and it’s torn down!
-都拆了好几年了 -真伤感
– That’s been gone for years. – I was so sad!
什么堡垒
What is this now?
我们过去在里面玩的堡垒
Our old fort, where we used
当时总玩牛仔和印第安人
to play cowboys and Indians.
爸爸说那里都是老鼠
Daddy said rats were getting in there.
凯伦 丢死人了
Karen! Shame on you!
你不知道不能说牛仔和印第安人吗
Don’t you know not to say Cowboys and Indians?
要说牛仔和美国原住民
You played Cowboys and Native Americans,
对吧 芭芭
right Barb?
你又吃什么药了
What are you taking? What pills?
别来管我
Oh, Leave me alone.
怎么了
What is it?
怎么了
What is it?
-怎么了 -你没事吧 查尔斯叔叔
– What’s the matter? – You okay, Uncle Charles.
我吃了一大口恐惧
I got a big bite of fear!
从没吃过这么好吃的恐惧
The fear never tasted so good.
一旦习惯了就会很好吃
It’s pretty good once you get used to the taste.
真是爽极了
I’m shaking in my boots!
-我确实常常见她吃芝士汉堡 -才没有
– I do catch her eating a cheeseburger every now and again. – No, you don’t!
双层汉堡和培根 双层恐惧
Double cheeseburger, bacon, extra fear.
妈 你个大骗子
Mom, you are such a liar!
别辩解了 你就是骗子
No stop. You are!
如果我管我妈叫骗子
You know, if I ever called my mother a liar,
她肯定会把我的头扭下来
she would’ve knocked my goddamn head off my shoulders.
你们知道他留了遗嘱吧
You girls know there’s a will.
妈
Mom.
很早就留了
We took care of it some time back.
大家不想谈这个
We don’t want to talk about it.
可我想谈 有人在乎我的想法吗
Well I want to talk about it. What about what I want to talk about?
我的想法就啥都不算吗
Does that count for anything?
贝弗几笔投资都收益不错
Bev made some good investments, believe it or not,
遗嘱里要求留给你们一些钱
We had money for you girls in his will, but
但是我们后来讨论了一下
we talked it over after some times passed
决定更改一下 把一切都留给我
and decided to change things, leave everything to me.
搞成正规条文太麻烦了就没弄
We didn’t get around to taking care of it legally,
但是得告诉你们 他的钱是要留给我的
but you should know he meant to leave the money to me.
好吗
Okay.
好的
Okay.
好吗
Okay?
好的
Okay.
凯伦 好吗
Karen, Okay?
-好的 -好
– Yeah, Okay. – Okay.
但你们可以拿走这些旧家具
But now some of this furniture, some of this old shit you can just have.
我不想要它们 没用
I don’t want it, got no use for it.
或许我该搞个拍卖♥♥会
Maybe, I should have an auction.
拍卖♥♥会是个好主意
Sure, an auction’s a fine idea.
这里有些东西 银器什么的
Some things, though, like the silverware,
还是能换几个子的
that’s worth a pretty penny.
你们要是喜欢 也可以卖♥♥给你们
But, if you like I’ll sell it to you, if you like.
会比拍卖♥♥会便宜些
For cheaper’n I might get in an auction.
说不定你还没搞拍卖♥♥就死了
Or you might never get around to the auction,
这样我们连钱也不用花了
and then we can just have it for free after you die.
芭芭拉
Barbara.
说得对
You might at that.
比尔 你读那些诗时
Bill? I was wondering, You reading those poems
-最后选的是哪首 -我
– Which ones did you choose in the end to read? – Well I..
比尔 你现在住哪儿
Bill, Where are you living now?
你想要那个旧餐柜吗
You want this old sideboard?
-什么 -你和芭芭拉分居了对吧
– I beg your pardon. – You and Barbara are separated, right?
不会已经离了吧
Or, are you divorced already?
只是分居
No, we’re separated.
你觉得能瞒过我对吧
You thought you could slip that by me, didn’t you?
没人能瞒过我
Nobody slips anything by me.
我什么都知道
I know what’s what.
你父亲也以为能瞒过我的
Your father thought he’s slipping one by me too, right?
-你怎么搞的 -你俩有问题我很遗憾
– What is the matter with you? – I’m sorry you two’re having trouble,
说不定你们能和好呢
maybe you can work it out.
贝弗和我也分居过好几次
Bev and I separated a couple of times,
不过我们那时还不叫分居
of course we didn’t call it that.
快用你童话般的婚姻来拯救我们吧
Help us, with an illustration from your storybook marriage.
真♥相♥就是你不可能赢过一个年轻女人
Truth is, you just can’t compete with a younger woman.
生活就是这么不公平
It’s just one of those unfair things in life.
-跟一个年轻女人有关吧 -说够了没
– Is there a younger woman involved? – You’ve said enough on this topic.
-是和一个年轻女人有关 -看见没
– Yes. There’s a younger woman. – Well, Y’see?
情况不妙啊 宝贝
Odds’re against you there, babe.
妈妈认为女人是不会越长越好看的
Mom believes women don’t grow more attractive with age.
-我可不同意 我… -不
– Oh, I disagree, I.. – No.
我没说她们不会越长越好看
I didn’t say they “don’t grow more attractive,”
我说的是她们会越长越丑
I said they get ugly.
你不用发表意见 凯伦
And it’s not really a matter of opinion, Karen dear.
你马上就能亲身验证了
You’ve only just started to prove it yourself.
你今天状态很糟 瓦
You’re in rare form today, Vi.
这日子本来就很糟糕
Well, The day calls for it, doesn’t it?
你觉得我应该什么样
What form would you have me in?
我不明白你为什么那么刻薄
I just don’t understand why you’re so adversarial.
我只是讲讲真话
I’m just truth-telling.
总是有人讨厌真话
Some people are antagonized by the truth.
我们都爱你 亲爱的
Everyone here loves you, dear.
你是想让我愧疚吗 查理
You think you can shame me, Charlie?
省省吧
Blow it out your ass!
三天前 我被迫去认领父亲的尸首
Three days ago, I had to identified my father’s corpse.
现在我还得坐在这里听你攻击每一个家人
Now I’m supposed to sit here and listen to you viciously attack, every member of this family.
攻击我的家人
Attack my family?
你在你甜蜜的生活里被攻击过吗
Have you ever been attacked… in your sweet spoiled life?
告诉她什么叫攻击 玛蒂·费
Tell her ’bout attacks, Mattie Fae.
-告诉她什么叫攻击 -冷静 妈妈
– Tell her what an attack looks like! – Settle down, Mom.
少让我冷静
Don’t tell me to settle down, goddam it!
我又没病 我现在是个累赘了吗
I’m not a goddamn invalid! Am I to be abided now.
开始把我推来推去了吗
Have I been passed over?
别这样 亲爱的
Come on, Honey.
这个女人 在我妈众多情人中的一个
This woman came to my rescue
用羊角锤攻击我时救了我
when one of my dear mother’s many gentlemen friends was attacking me, with a claw hammer!
这个女人的头骨被砸出了个坑
This woman has dents in her skull from hammer blows.
你们懂什么叫攻击吗
What do you know about attacks?
你们懂平原上的生活吗
What do you know about life on these Plains?
你们懂什么叫艰苦吗
What do you know about hard times?
我们知道你的童年很悲惨 妈
We know you had a rotten childhood, Mom.
-但其他人也不幸福 -你不知道 你不知道
– Who didn’t? – You don’t know! You do not know!
你们都不知道 除了这个女人
None of you know, except this woman right here.
今天被埋葬的那个男人
And that man we buried today —
好女儿 好芭芭拉
sweet girl, sweet Barbara,
每次你感到一丝疼痛
my heart breaks for every time,
我都心碎无比 我希望可以保护你
you ever felt pain. I wish I coulda shielded you from it.
但如果你能
But if you think,
哪怕感受到一丝
you can fathom for one solitary second
那个男人所承受的痛苦
the pain that man endured in his natural life,
你就不会这样说了
you got another think coming.
你知道你♥爸♥四到十岁时住哪儿吗
Do you know where your father lived from age four till about ten?
知道吗
Do you?
知道吗
Do you?