Oh my gosh!
你回来了
You.
快让我抱一下
Come give me some sugar.
比尔 你怎么这么瘦了
Bill, look how skinny you are!
看看这是谁
Will you look at this one?
快给玛蒂·费奶奶抱抱
Come here and give your Aunt Mattie Fae some sugar!
-你好 查理 -你好 比尔
– Hi, Charlie. – Hey, Bill,
你又瘦了吧
you’ve dropped some weight, haven’t you?
看看这身材 上次我见你
Look at her boobs! Last time I saw…
丹佛飞来的还顺利吗
How was the flight from Denver?
你还像个假小子呢
you looked like a little boy!
芭芭拉
Barbara?
妈 我在这
Hey, Mom. I’m here!
芭芭 芭芭 芭芭
Barb… Barb… Barb…
没事了 妈妈 我回来了
It’s okay, Mom.I’m here.
周六早上
Saturday morning.
早餐印第安女孩做了面包肉汁 吃完后
The Indian girl made us biscuits and gravy. We ate some,
他就走了出去 就是那扇门
he walked out the door, this door right there.
然后再也没回来
That was it.
他就这样走了
He just left…?
周六晚上睡觉
I went to bed Saturday night,
周日早上起床
got up Sunday mornin’
还是不见贝弗利
still no Beverly.
我没多想
I didn’t thingk anything of it,
以为他是出去喝酒了
thought he’d gone out on a bender.
他干嘛出去喝酒 他在家也能喝啊
Why would he do that? When he can drink at home.
-除非是你不让 -我从来没说过
– Unless, you were riding his ass. – I would never said a word to him
不让他喝酒 从来没有
about his drinking, I didn’t. I never got on him about it.
所以 周日
So, Sunday,
还是没有踪影 然后呢
still no sign of him…
然后我才恍然大悟
That’s when I got worked up about that,
去看看保险箱 因为
safety deposit box. Because..
保险箱里放了很多现金 还有贵重首饰
We kept an awful lot of cash in that box, some expensive jewelry.
我还有个
I had a..
价值7000美元的钻戒呢
diamond ring in that box appraised at over seven thousand dollars.
稍等 我没听懂
Wait, wait, wait, I’m missing something.
这跟保险箱又有什么关系
Why do you care about a safety deposit box?
我和你♥爸♥约定好了
Your father and I had an arrangement.
要是我俩谁出事了 另一个人就
If something were to ever happen to one of us,
可以动用保险箱里的钱
the other one would go empty that box.
瓦 真的没什么导致他出走的事吗
Vi, you sure there wasn’t some incident that triggered his leaving, some event.
吵架之类的吗 没有
like a fight? No.
我们确实吵个不停 但不是因为吵架
And we fought enough… you know… but no.
也许他是想离开你几天
Maybe he needed some time away from you.
谢谢你的安慰
Oh, That’s nice of you to say.
这没那么严重
Hey, it’s no crime.
维持婚姻很辛苦的
Marriage is hard.
辛苦都是轻的
Under the best of circumstances.
什么也没有 没说再见
Nothing? No, ‘see you later,
我去散个步之类的
I’m taking a walk’?
不靠谱的爸爸啊
Good old unfathomable Dad.
那个男人 真是
Oh. That man. Oh..
我当初爱上他的 也是他的神秘
What I first fell in love with, you know, was his mystery.
当时觉得那迷人极了
I thought it was sexy as hell.
让你觉得他是屋里最智慧的人 会说些
You knew he was the smartest one in the room, knew if he just said something…
迷晕你的话 但是没有 他就站在那
knock you out. But No, he’d just stand there,
微笑着看你
little smile on his face…
一句话也不说
not say a word.
真迷人
Sexy.
就没发生什么不寻常的事吗
You can’t remember anything unusual?
他雇了个女人
He hired this woman.
都没问我一句 就雇了个女人住在我家
He didn’t ask me, just hired this woman
就在他出走前几天
to come live in our house. Few days before he left.
你不喜欢她
You don’t want her here?
她是个印第安人哎
I have an Indian in my house.
你不喜欢印第安人吗 瓦奥莱特
You have a problem with Indians, Violet?
我不知道该说这些人什么好
I don’t know what to say to an Indian.
人家是美洲原住民 妈
They’re called Native Americans, Mom.
-谁批准的 -他们希望被这样承认
– Who makes that decision? – It’s what they like to be called.
-他们比我还算本地人吗 -事实上
– They aren’t any more native than me. – In fact,
-有的 -印第安人都怎么回事
– … they are. – What’s wrong with Indian?
你就不能按人家希望的名字叫人家吗
Why can’t you call people what they wanna be called?
那为什么不能叫恐龙美洲原住民呢
Let’s just call the dinosaurs “Native Americans” while we’re at it.
虽然是印第安人 她的苹果派却是一流
She may be an Indian, but she makes the best goddamn apple pie I ever ate.
他雇来个厨师 可没道理啊
He hired a cook. It makes no sense.
我们也不怎么讲究吃啊
We don’t eat.
但现在你早上有饼干肉汁吃了 不好吗
And now you get biscuits and gravy. That’s kind of nice, huh?
是好
That is nice.
对你来说
Nice for you, now.
但你很快就又走了
But, soon you’ll be gone,
再也不回来了
never to return.
你上次回来都是什么时候了
When was the last time you were here?
-不要再提了… -好了
– Don’t get again… – Alright!
你俩对我无所谓
I don’t care about you two.
但是我希望经常见见我外孙女
But, I’d like to see my granddaughter every now and again.
现在不就见到了吗
Well, you’re seeing her now.
但对你♥爸♥来说呢 你离开伤透了他的心
But your father. You broke his heart when you moved away.
-胡说 -是不是得把你俩分开才行
– That is wildly unfair! – Am I going to have to separate you two?
你知道贝弗利最喜欢的是你
You know you were Beverly’s favorite,
别假装你不知道
don’t pretend you don’t know!
我宁愿相信父母
I’d prefer to think that my parents
对我们的爱是平等的
loved all their children equally.
我想你也愿意相信
I’m sure you’d prefer to think
圣诞礼物是圣诞老人给你的
that Santy Claus brought you presents at Christmas, too.
要是你有好几个孩子 你就会知道
If you’d had more than one child, you’d know
父母总是偏爱其中一个
a parent always has favorites.
我妈最偏爱玛蒂·费
Mattie Fae was my mother’s favorite.
那又怎样 我习惯了
Big deal. I got used to it.
你♥爸♥爸最喜欢你
You were your Daddy’s favorite,
你却伤透了他的心
broke his heart.
那你想让我怎么做
What was I supposed to do?!
比尔在科罗拉多挣塔尔萨大学两倍的工资
Colorado gave Bill twice what he’s making at TU.
怎么都扯到我身上了
Why are we even getting into this?
你以为要是爸爸的话会错失这样的机会吗
You think daddy wouldn’t have jumped at an opportunity like that?
你错了 你永远没法让
You’re wrong there. You never would’ve
贝弗利·韦斯顿离开俄克拉荷马
gotten Beverly Weston out of Oklahoma.
他祝福过我的
He gave me his blessing.
他对你是这么说的
That’s what he told you. Yeah..
你还有什么真实版本吗
And now, you’re going to tell me the true story,
说他在我背后嚼舌根
some terrible shit he said behind my back?
好了 大家冷静点
Alright, everybody’s on edge…
瓦 别说了
Vi, come on!
贝弗利没在你背后说什么
Beverly didn’t say terrible things behind your back.
他只是跟我说你走了他很失望
He just told me he’s disappointed in you because you settled.
他觉得你很有写作天分的
He thought you had talent as a writer.
爸爸绝对没对你那么说过
Daddy never said anything like that to you.
这简直是一堆屁话
What a load of absolute horseshit.
屁话
Horseshit.
屁话 屁话 那我们都说屁话
Horseshit? Oh, horseshit, let’s all say horseshit.
说屁话 比尔
Say horseshit, Bill.
屁话
Horseshit.
-你嗑药了吧 -你什么意思
– Are you high? – Excuse me.
字面意思 你是不是又开始嗑药了
I mean literally. Are you taking something?
只是肌肉放松剂
A muscle relaxer.
我绝对不要再来一次
You listen to me. I’ll not go through this with you again.
我不知道你在说什么
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
都是这该死的药
These fucking pills?
凌晨三点打电♥话♥说你后院有人
Calls at three a.m. about people in your backyard?
-别对我大呼小叫 -要找警♥察♥什么的
– Stop yelling at me. – The police all rest of it.
这不是 不是一♥码♥事
This isn’t… it isn’t same thing.
我那时候没有正当理由

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!