I was 10 when the war broke out.
当时是九月
This was in September and in May
而五月德国进军了荷兰
the Germans marched in to Holland.
开始几个月
The first few months,
我们根本不知道发生了什么
we didn’t know quite what had happened.
如果在战争开始后的六个月内
Had we known the first six months of the war
我们知道要被占领整整五年
that we were going to be occupied for five years,
我们可能早就开枪自杀了
we might have all shot ourselves.
我们还以为下周就结束了
We thought it’ll be over next week.
荷兰是最严重的受害国之一
Holland was one of the worst
因为我们是被纳粹党卫军占领了
because we were occupied by the SS.
不仅仅是军队
Not by just the military.
每个人都沉默不语 转向地下
Everybody sort of just clammed up and went underground
你不能自♥由♥地说话
and you couldn’t speak freely.
你也不可以听收音机
And you weren’t allowed to listen to radios
我们就是这样成长起来的
and we grew up that way.
清楚自己囚犯的身份
Knowing that we were all prisoners.
有段时间我们不得不
There came a moment when we had to
住在地窖里 因为我们的房♥子
live in the cellar because parts of our house
一直被轰炸
kept being shot away.
我们睡在床垫上
We were sleeping on mattresses
然后坐在那 等着轰炸结束
and sitting there waiting for the shooting to stop.
我的叔叔们被从家里带走 并被枪杀了
一个兄弟被送去了德国 另一个到处躲藏
我的叔叔们是在荷兰被枪杀的第一批人♥质♥
My uncles were the first hostages to be shot in Holland.
这其实是个转折点
And it was actually the turning point
因为从那天起
because from that day on
一个地下组织成立了
an underground was formed.
她被要求用她的鞋子向反抗者传递情报
She was asked to take messages for the resistance in her shoes.
肖恩·赫本·费勒 奥黛丽之子
那就是那时候的城市电报
And it was the city telegram at the time,
最安全的就是把小孩放在自行车上
the safest on a bike, put a kid on the bike,
把情报藏在他们的鞋垫里
put a message in the insole of their shoes
这样传递很快 而且没人会拦小孩
and it’s quick and nobody’s gonna stop kids.
她还为荷兰反抗者们表演节目
She performed for the Dutch resistance,
不止是为了挣钱
not just to raise monies,
同时也是为了娱乐人们
but also to entertain people and
让他们在正在遭受的恐惧中放松一下
get their minds off the horrors that they were living through.
《双姝艳》1952年
从我在荷兰 还是个小女孩时
Ever since I was a little girl in Holland
我就想成为一个芭蕾舞者
I wanted to be a ballet dancer.
那是我的梦想
That was my dream.
从孩提时就有的梦想
As a child already.
芭蕾 芭蕾 芭蕾是我的最爱
Ballet, ballet, ballet is what I love most.
他们会表演一些戏剧和小音乐剧
They would do plays and little musical operettas
尽量保持分散的距离
and trying to stay discrete
不引起那些侵略军的注意
and not bring the attention of the invading soldiers.
最后谢幕的时候
At the end of the performances,
没有人鼓掌 他们只是在黑暗中微笑
nobody clapped their hands. They just smile in the dark.
跳舞是她在战争期间的救命稻草
Dancing was the lifeline throughout the war.
能让她忘掉身处的境地
It helped to keep her from looking at where she was.
《双姝艳》1952年
舞蹈是一种
There’s that sense of dance
逃离现状的方式
as a way to take flight.
《奥黛丽:优雅时刻》作者
声音来源 克莱曼斯·巴鲁克
舞蹈是她逃离的一个出口
Dance was a way for her to escape.
战争时期我瘦骨如柴
I was terribly slim during the war
因为渐渐地
because little by little,
没有任何可以吃的东西
there was practically nothing to eat.
所有小孩都开始营养不良
All children started to suffer from malnutrition.
没有必需品供应 店铺里也没有食物
No provisions made, with no food in the shops.
在冬天 什么都种不起来
And that last winter, I mean, nothing grows in the winter.
你可以囤一些胡萝卜和土豆
You can keep carrots and potatoes.
它们比较好储存 还有一些大头菜
for just so long and some turnips
但最后我们都吃光了
but we were running out of those.
那段日子真的非常非常艰难
And that was really very, very hard.
她靠郁金香面包
She survived the Dutch famine
爱玛·凯瑟琳·赫本·费勒 奥黛丽的孙女
在荷兰饥荒里存活了下来
on bread made of tulips.
她被解放的时候
And when they liberated her,
她在荷兰的一个地下室住着
she was living in her basement in the Netherlands
UNICEF:联♥合♥国♥儿童基金会
那时候UNICEF聚集了第一批人员
and the first UNICEF agents that had been assembled
为战后的妇女儿童提供援助
to provide aid to women and children after the war, you know,
他们可以说是把她从饥荒救了出来
they literally pulled her out of the famine.
她经常跟我们回忆他们的到来
She would always talk about how they arrived
给她巧克力吃
and they handed her chocolate bar.
那时就像是她的转折点
And like that was her turning point.
联♥合♥国♥儿童基金会
我们被解放的时候
When we were liberated.
真的太激动人心了 生活重新开始了
It was so exciting and that’s when life started again.
所有你没有的 没见过的
All the things you’ve never had, never seen,
没吃过的 没用过的 都重新回到生活中
never eaten and never worn started to come back again.
非常的刺♥激♥
That was such a stimulus.
一有机会
As soon as I could,
我便不顾一切要成为一个舞者
I wanted desperately to become a dancer
我获得了伦敦兰伯特芭蕾学校的奖学金
and I got a scholarship in the Rambert ballet school in London.
我当时身无分文 她还是把我收下了
I didn’t have a dime and she took me in,
她带舞团出去巡演的时候
I lived in her house in a room and ate meals in her kitchen
我就住在她家的一个房♥间 在厨房♥里吃饭
when she was out on tour with her company.
我在她的芭蕾学校里训练了数月
And I had months and months of training in her school.
之前由于战争的关系
But because of the war
还有各种阻碍和营养不良
and interruption and malnutrition,
我没有接受到几年坚实的训练
now I didn’t get a really solid couple of years of training
直到我上了兰伯特芭蕾学校
until I went to the Rambert school.
我起步得晚 甚至没有一点同龄女孩
It was late and I didn’t have anywhere near the technique
所掌握的芭蕾技能
that girls my age had.
她找玛丽·兰伯特谈话 玛丽对她说
She talked to Marie Rambert and Marie said,
所有这些困难都会累积起来
all of those complications are gonna add up to
夺走你成为一个芭蕾舞团
taking away some percentage of chance of you
肖恩·赫本·费勒 奥黛丽之子
女主角的可能性
to become a prima ballerina.
当然她备受打击
And of course she was devastated.
但除了自己哭 也别无他法
But she had no choice to sort of cry over herself.
她必须不断前进
She had to keep moving.
当时我没有钱 我得找工作
I had no money, and I had to get job
我也找到了一份音乐剧的工作
and I did get one for the musicals.
我在伦敦投身演艺事业
I plunged into show business in London.
这是治愈我的最佳良药
It was the best cure.
我进了一个合唱团 在一个大练习室里
I was in a chorus, in a big chorus room
和很多女孩子一起
with all the other girls
每晚两次排练和跳舞
rehearsing and dancing and doing twice nightly’s
从那时开始
and from then on,
这就是我的生活
That was my life.
《天堂里的笑声》1951年
想来一根香烟吗
Who wants a ciggy?
你好 甜心
Hello sweetie?
我是一个舞者 这是我一直想要做的
I was a dancer and that’s really what I wanted to do always.
《拉凡德山的暴徒》1951年
那个时期我从来没有打算
I never wanted to become an actress
甚至敢想过成为一名演员
or never dared to think in those terms.
《野燕麦》1951年
真的吗 阿尔弗雷德
Ooh really Alfred.
我去演戏是因为我得谋生
I became an actress because I have to earn a living.
《双姝艳》1952年
我开始在电影里演一些小角色
And I started doing little bits in movies,
《荷兰七课》1949年
来赚一些外快
you know, to get the extra buck.
我看见了你的每一个动作
I watched every move you make.
《蒙特卡洛宝贝》1953年
那时我在法国南部拍摄一部法国电影
I was in the South of France doing a French movie
《蒙特卡洛宝贝》
Monte Carlo Baby.
碰巧我们在巴黎大酒店取景
And by chance, we were doing a scene in the Hotel De Paris
柯莱特 《琪琪》作者
她和她的丈夫也在那里
And she was there with her husband.
然后她非常简短地问我
And she said, in very few words,
愿不愿意在百老汇出演《琪琪》
Would I like to play Gigi on Broadway.
大热新剧《琪琪》落下帷幕
Final curtain on the big new hit, Gigi.
奥黛丽·赫本 充满欧陆风情的年轻美人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!