但是她做不到
but she couldn’t.
她很生气 为什么这种情况
She was mad at the fact that this was being allowed
在20世纪仍在发生
in the 20th century,
特别是在她由于世界大战
after the deprivations that she lived through
遭受过的压♥迫♥之后
because of a World War.
我们现在不是世界大战
We’re not in a world war.
没有理由让任何地方的孩子们承受饥饿
And there’s no reason for children who be hungry anywhere.
看到这些小孩子因为饥饿
To see small children just die in front of your eyes
在你面前死去
because they’re starving.
这是完全难以接受的
It’s just is so totally unacceptable.
同时我对于我们自己也感到很生气
And I’m filled with a rage at ourselves.
我不相信集体罪恶感
I don’t believe in collective guilt,
但我相信集体责任感
but I do believe in collective responsibility.
我认为一旦你进入这个领域
I think from the moment that you’ve been in the field,
比如说
so to speak,
从你看到一个孩子喘息的那刻起
from the minute you’ve seen a child gasping for air.
在他人生中的最后时刻
And in his last moments,
你会冲回家 做自己尽可能做的
you rush home and do what you can about it.
我是奥黛丽·赫本
I’m Audrey Hepburn.
这是一个紧急的呼吁 我们要为孩子
This is an urgent appeal for the children of…
她是一位利他主义的女人
She was an altruist woman.
她认为一切的基础
And she believed that the base of everything
都是教育孩子
is to educate children
照顾好孩子
and to take care of them.
她为孩子们付出了很多
And she gave so much devotion to children.
我会去很多的国家 有时我们在途中相遇
I would go to many countries and we would meet between
约翰·伊萨克 摄影师/朋友
她就会想知道 你在马里看到了什么
and she would want to know, what did you see in Mali?
马里共和国 位于西非内陆
你在索马里看到了什么
What did you see in Somalia?
她总是想知道发生了什么
So she always wanted to know what’s going on.
她想去孟加拉国 因为她说
She wanted to go to Bangladesh because she said that
所有人都放弃了孟加拉国
everybody is giving up on Bangladesh
因为每年雨季 那里都会发生洪水
because they have the flood every year during monsoon
还有山体滑坡
and the landslides.
所以她说
So she said,
那些人♥民♥就是我想去支持和帮助的
those are the people I’d like to go and support.
她想尽一切办法
She was trying everything to involve
让重要人士参与到她们的事业中去
important people to their cause.
要向民众解释
还有其他的救助方案
不只是资金救助 还可以给政♥府♥施压
她曾经出现在美国国会面前
She showed up once in front of the US Congress
为一项特殊紧急情况申请额外资金
asking for an additional funding for a particular emergency
并在一小时内获得了6000万美元
and got the $60 million in one hour from them.
这表明她依然有强大的影响力
That showed how extraordinarily powerful she still was.
她用自己的名字 投身慈善事业
She used her name for something good.
如果每个人都这样做
If everybody did that,
世界可能就会变得更好一点
I mean, the world would be a little bit better.
我觉得我最近几周环游世界的一大好处是
在埃塞俄比亚继续做很多事情
我能帮助一些了不起的国际化年轻人
年轻医生 护士 救助孩子的志愿者
他们更适合继续待在那里
而我继续向世界传递声音 与你们对话
她是无私的 而且一直没有停止脚步
She was selfless she didn’t stop.
她只想继续 完成她的使命
She just wanted to go on and complete her mission.
罗伯特曾经告诉我
Robert used to tell me,
希望他们能给她多一点时间
I wish they would give some time for her
在各种各样的事情之间
between this and that
UNICEF会说
UNICEF would say,
我觉得你去苏丹会比较好
I think it’ll be good if you went to Sudan.
然后她就去了
So she wanted to go.
我也很担心 有时我会问她
And I was concerned too. And I would ask her sometimes,
她说不不不 我是很艰难
she said, no, no, no, I’m tough.
但我能承受 我会去的
I can take it. I’ll go.
所以她就去了
So she went,
她说
she would say,
有时我甚至觉得 这么做到底有没有帮助
sometimes I even feel whether it’s doing any good.
我作为摄影记者也是这样的
I would tell her the same thing as a photo journalist.
有时我看着自己拍的照片 很想知道
Sometimes I wonder if anything is happening
有没有带来什么变化
from my photographs, you know.
但每次她都去了 并且做了宣传
But then each time she went and did a promotional thing,
UNICEF说他们获得了一百多万美元
UNICEF always said they got more than a million dollars
全都是因为她出现在了
because of her appearance
那些脱口秀和电视节目中
in any of the talk shows or TV shows.
那是她幸福感的来源
So that’s what made her happy.
她加入UNICEF的五年后
She joined UNICEF and five years later,
UNICEF的规模扩大了一倍
UNICEF had doubled in size.
我觉得这是战争以来从未发生过的
And I don’t think this had happened before since the war.
尊严和爱是我们一直谈论的话题
Dignity and love is what we always talked about,
我想她一直都致力于寻找爱
I think she struggled to find love.
我想那也是她之所以
And I think that’s probably the reason why
如此强调爱的原因
she is so emphasizes on love.
她经历了那么多痛苦
With all the sufferings that she went through.
她错过了一部分
She missed a part of
她期待和想得到的那种爱
that kind of love that she expected and she wanted.
我觉得这也是她想分享爱给孩子们的原因
And that’s why I think she wants to share that with the children.
她一直说 我爱你们
She would always say, I love you.
她从不退缩
And she will never hold back.
她非常同情那些经历苦难的孩子们
She was so compassionate about children who are suffering.
她是真的爱人类
She truly loved humanity.
人道主义意味着人类福利
Humanitarian means human welfare
以及对人类苦难的救助
and responding to human suffering.
这才是政♥治♥应该有的样子
That’s finally what politics should be.
我想也许随着时间的推移
I think perhaps with time,
不再是人道主义援助政♥治♥化
instead of there being a politicalization of humanitarian aid,
而是政♥治♥人道主义化
there’ll be a humanization of politics.
我梦想着有天这两者能合二为一
I dreamed the day that it would be all one.
我们不能放弃
We cannot afford to give up.
我们有资源 我们有时间
We have the resources we have the time
我们也必须要有爱
and we must have the love
去照顾这数百万儿童
to take care of these millions of children.
奥黛丽女士离世前一年的二月有场暴风雨
这场暴风雨把大柳树都吹倒了
她很伤心 因为她喜欢在树下度过的时光
于贝尔·格林 托洛彻纳茨管♥理♥员♥
我走到她面前 她说
“下一个就是我了”
我听着很悲伤 我无法回答 我只是听着
好吧 我知道发生了一些事情
Well, I understood that something was going on
声音来源 皮耶路易吉·奥如那苏 家族朋友
尤其是有一周
one week in particular
因为奥黛丽在花♥园♥里散步
because Audrey had a walk in the garden
我父亲在花♥园♥里工作
and my father was working in the garden
他问奥黛丽 你什么时候回来帮我
and he ask Audrey when are you going to come again to help me?
她说我会帮你的
And she said I will help you,
但不会像以前那样了
but never as I helped you before.
我会以不同的方式帮你
I will help you but differently.
我们一起在索马里的时候
When we were in Somalia together,
我们吃着抗疟疾药物
we were taking pills for malaria
药片的副作用让我生病了
and they make me sick.
我跟奥黛丽说过
So I said to Audrey,
我觉得我要放弃拉夫里翁了 因为我病了
I think I going to give up this Laurium because I’m sick.
她说 我在想
And she said, I’m thinking myself,
我胃疼得很厉害
I have a lot of pain in my stomach.
我觉得是疟疾药物的原因
And I think it is the pill of malaria.
我也要放弃了
I give up also.
但根本不是疟疾药物
But it was not the malaria pills
造成了她的胃疼
that they gave her all this pain in the stomach there.
她肯定知道自己生病了
She definitely knew something was wrong
声音来源 约翰·伊萨克 摄影师/朋友
但她从来不说
and she never talked about it.
她没告诉任何人
And she kept it to herself.
我代表UNICEF去萨拉热窝执行了一项任务
For unicef, I went to Sarajevo to cover a mission
安娜·卡塔尔迪 奥黛丽好友
解救被围困的城市
on this city was sieged.
我在那呆了两个月
And I was there two months
和任何人都没有联♥系♥
without no contact with anybody
因为我们被困住了
because we are in the siege.
两个月后 我弄到了一条电♥话♥线路

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!