罗伯特曾经是曼尔·奥勃朗的伴侣
Robert was the companion of Merle Oberon
曼尔去世之后
And when Merle died,
她把所有的财产都留给了罗伯特
she left all the possession to Robert.
所以罗伯特决定
So Robert decide
把曼尔所有的珠宝进行慈善拍卖♥♥
to put all the jewelry of Merle in auction for charity.
在这次拍卖♥♥会上 罗伯特和奥黛丽相遇了
And at this auction, Robert and Audrey met.
我们两个当时都非常伤心
我们也互相谈了彼此的伤心事
我的人生和婚姻走到了最糟糕的阶段
所以我们都哭着借酒消愁
他是一个很有爱很深情的男人
我可以信任他 我相信他的爱
我从来不害怕会失去他的爱
他在各方面都让我很安心
他们一直没有结婚
They were never married
但我认为他们之间是有那种爱的
but I really think that they had that love for each other,
只属于他们之间的真正的爱
just truly for who they were.
罗伯特就是奥黛丽所需要的
Robert was what Audrey needed.
体贴 陪伴 存在
Kindness, companion, presence,
和安全感
and safety.
很奇妙的一件事是 我们发现
It’s curious, we found each other
我们都有着荷兰的血统
both with our Dutch heritage,
而这给我们的关系赋予了特殊的意义
but it’s given something very special to our relationship.
这增加了我们相爱的亲密感
It adds to the intimacy of our loving each other
以及我们友谊的亲密感
and of our friendship.
我们喜欢同样的东西 喜欢同样的生活
我们爱平静的生活 爱乡村 爱我们的狗
我们在一起做的一切都是那么的有趣
我们在一起非常幸福
我的母亲告诉过我 奥黛丽非常的快乐
My mother had told me Audrey she was so happy
她还向我的家人解释
and she explained to my family
她是怎么遇到了一个优秀的男人
how I met a fantastic men
她想知道她找了一个新的男人
and she was wondering about what my sister
她的姐妹会怎么想 想象一下
will think to have a new man imagine.
所以她就问我的母亲
So she she asked my mother,
对此有没有什么意见
what do you think is not a problem?
她们很喜欢呆在我母亲的房♥子里
They loved to stay at my mother’s house.
我的祖母有一栋配楼
There was a wing added for my grandmother
那叫做奥黛丽的套房♥
and that was called Audrey’s suite.
她们会到那里 然后坐在厨房♥里
They would come down and sit in their kitchen
喝咖啡 谈论菜式
and have coffee and talk about menus.
以及晚饭想要邀请的客人
And who do you want to invite for dinner.
那里总是很有爱
And always a lot of love there.
她那时非常的快乐
She was very, very happy
她想要的是生活中一个平静的时刻
and she wanted to have a peaceful moment of her life.
她的表兄是荷兰驻澳门的领事
Her cousin was the Dutch consul to Macau
他会邀请她去参加
and he’d invited her to come and join
他为UNICEF举办的美妙音乐会
this beautiful concert that he would put together for UNICEF.
他说 你为什么不说几句关于儿童的话
He said, why don’t you say a few words about children,
说一些你在战争中的经历
about your experience in the war,
于是她就在所有人面前发表了讲话
which she did in front of the full room.
在她发言后 UNICEF的负责人
And after she spoke, it turns out the head of UNICEF,
吉姆·格兰特也在听众席中 他走过来
Jim Grant, was in the audience and he approached us.
问她想不想成为UNICEF的大使
How would you feel about being a full time ambassador For UNICEF.
我从小就期望
I had looked forward to a period finally
在完成人生那么多的旅途之后
after all the traveling that I’ve done, since I was a child
有一天能够退休
to one day be able to retire there
料理我的花♥园♥ 照顾我的狗
and take care of my garden and the dogs
以及我爱的一切
and everything I love,
那就是我想象中的天堂
that’s my idea of heaven,
但我又一次踏上了走遍世界的旅途
but I’m moving around the world once again,
但我很高兴 因为是为了孩子们
but I’m happy to do it because for the children
我甚至愿意去月球
I’d go to the moon.
我的一生都知道UNICEF
I have known UNICEF all my life
他们能够允许我做这一份工作
and it’s a marvelous happening for me
对于我来说简直是太棒了
that they’re allowing me to do this.
她很高兴能出一份力 她很骄傲以及开心
She was happy to support. She was proud and happy.
她把自己的声誉用到了慈善事业上
She was offering her noteriety to a good cause.
我觉得她为那些孩子们 全世界的母亲们
I think all the love that she showed to children
所付出的爱
and to mothers around the world,
对于她来说也是一种自我治愈
I think it was a way of healing for herself too.
她的确经历过战争
She did live through the war
她不仅能感受到孩子们肉体上的饥饿
and it is because she knew not just the hunger of the body,
还有精神上的饥饿
but the hunger of the soul
她能与这些孩子产生共鸣
that she was able to connect to these children.
她在童年时期
曾受过饥饿的压♥迫♥
我相信那是她无法忘记的回忆
我记得最清楚的是荷兰解放后
The first thing I remember after our liberation in Holland
红十字会和UNICEF进入荷兰
was the Red Cross and UNICEF coming in
他们给所有他们能找到的空房♥子
and filling all the empty buildings that they could find.
送去了食物 衣物 以及药物
With food and clothing and medication.
战争结束后 我得了
I was suffering from a rather high degree
严重的营养不良
of malnutrition when the war ended.
所以 我知道食物的价值
So God knows, I know the value of food.
我认为我的一生都是由那些回忆塑造的
I think my whole life has been formed by those memories.
在小的时候
As a child.
我就知道在生活的另一面
I knew about this side of life,
还有很多的痛苦和贫穷
so much suffering and so much poverty.
那些画面一直存在于我的脑海里
Those images have never, never left me.
但我认为那段人生经历
But I think perhaps the most important thing,
或许让我学会最重要的东西就是
which I carried through life of that particular period was
当事情变得糟糕时
as things got worse,
人性的光辉
there’s something marvelous about humanity
在那样的状况下也依然存在
is under circumstances like that,
人们更需要彼此
you need each other more.
如果说我的事业带给我什么特殊的东西
And if this career has left me with something very special,
那就是它带给我的话语权 好奇心
it’s the fact that it’s left me with this voice, this curiosity,
人们愿意看见我 愿意和我交谈
people have still to see me to talk to me,
而我可以借此为孩子们造福
which I can use for the good of children.
我应该坐哪里
Where do I go?
你坐这里
You can go back here.
你可以把我当成UNICEF的信使
What I really am as a messenger if you like for UNICEF.
我所做的不仅是
There’s so much involved apart from
接触媒体 和人们交流
seeing and meeting the media and talking to people and
总的来说 我是在维护孩子们的需求
in general, it’s advocacy for the needs of a child.
还有很多的孩子
And there’s so many children.
所以还有很多要做的事
So there’s lots to do.
奥德丽非常认真的履行着她的职责
Audrey took very seriously the commitment.
在任务之前 她会先了解当地的情况
And before any mission, she studied the situation.
她会了解政♥治♥层面上的东西
She studied politically
她也非常关注社会问题
and she got very involved with all the social problem
违背了原本的和平意愿
and against their will to be peaceful.
她开始参与一些非常有压力的任务
She started to be involved in this very stressing mission.
战争结束后 她看到这个社会
At the end of the war, she saw a society
在努力承诺这样的事不会再发生
and a promise that we would never do this again.
我们设立了保障措施 避免战争发生
And that we were putting safeguards to prevent that.
35年后的今天 她在推动这项事业
And now she’s propelled 35 years later
她在索马里的一个帐篷里帮助孩子
and finds herself in a camp in Somalia.
1992年9月
In September of 1992,
我在索马里为美♥联♥社♥做报道
I was in Somalia reporting for the associated press
伊迪丝·莱德尔 战地记者
关于笼罩着这个国家的饥荒问题
about the famine that was gripping the country.
奥黛丽当时参与了UNICEF
Audrey was visiting programs that UNICEF was involved in
关注儿童营养不良的项目
for malnourished children.
在像索马里这样的地方 你可以看到
In a place like Somalia, you could see that
食物真的非常短缺
there really was not enough food to help.
欢迎奥黛丽·赫本
我觉得她对有那么多的死亡而感到难过
And I think she was very upset that there was so much death.
进入儿童食物中心
闻到被运走的尸体的味道
那些孩子们的小脸蛋
令人难以承受
她意识到了巨大的问题
Then she realized the vastity,
我们所看到的悲剧
the tragedy of what we’ve seen.
从某种意义上说 你已经参与进来了
In a sense you are marked from that
你想要一次又一次的回去
and you want to go back and back and back again.
可以说是一种上瘾吧
In a way is a sort of addiction?
《直到永远》1989年
我知道那时候她焦虑不安 心烦意乱
I knew that she was roiling in anxieties and things.
她想要解救痛苦
She wanted to relieve pain