So, Robbie, the housekeeper’s son, whose father did a bunk 20 years ago,
他获得了本地中学的奖学金 老头儿供他读完了剑桥
gets a scholarship to the local grammar, the Old Man puts him through Cambridge,
跟茜同时读的 三年里她就没怎么跟他说过话
goes up at the same time as Cee, and for three years she hardly speaks to him.
跟他保持一英里的距离 怕罗丁(著名私立女校)的同学笑话
Wouldn’t let him within a mile of her Roedean chums.
有烟吗?
Anyone got a cigarette?
不知道这些天他在搞什么鬼 胡乱摆弄花圃
I don’t know what the hell he’s doing these days, messing about in flower beds.
实际上 他正打算去读个医学学位
As a matter of fact, he’s planning on doing a medical degree.
老头儿点头了吗?
And the Old Man said yes to that?
我真觉得你该去门房♥那儿让他不要来
Look, I really think you should go down to the lodge and ask him not to come.
为什么? 你们之间出了什么事吗?
Why? Has something happened between you?
天哪
For God’s sake.
我们什么时候回家? 快了
When can we go home? Soon.
我们不能回去 他们离婚了
We can’t go home. It’s a divorce.
你怎么敢这么说? 这是事实
How dare you say that? Well, it’s true!
你永远不准再说起那个词 记住了吗?
You will never, ever use that word again! Do you understand?
现在我们干什么? 我也总是这么问自己
Now what are we going to do? I’m always asking myself that.
我叫保罗·马歇尔 你们一定是北边来的表亲
My name is Paul Marshall. You must be the cousins from the north.
你们叫什么名字? 皮耶罗
What are your names? Pierrot.
杰克逊 都是好名字
Jackson. What marvellous names.
你认识我们父母吗?
Do you know our parents?
我在报纸上看到他们的事
Well, I’ve read about them in the paper.
报纸上到底说他们什么了? 你知道 照旧是些胡说八道
What exactly have you read about them? Oh, you know. The usual sort of nonsense.
您要是不当着孩子面说这些我会很感激
I’ll thank you not to talk about this in front of the children.
你们的父母绝对是好人
Your parents are absolutely wonderful people,
这很明显 他们很爱你们 总是想着你们
that’s quite clear, and they love you and think about you all the time.
娇丽的阔腿裤不错
Jolly nice slacks.
我们去看戏的时候我在丽波提买♥♥的
We went to see a show and I got them at Liberty’s.
看了什么戏? 哈姆雷特
What was the show? Hamlet.
啊 对 “生存还是死亡”
Ah, yes. “To be or not to be.”
我喜欢你的鞋子
I like your shoes.
这是特尔街的杜克鞋 他们会做一个木头的东西 和你的脚型一样
Duckers in the Turl. They make a wooden thing, shaped like your foot.
永远保留下来
Keep it forever.
我快饿死了 什么时候开饭?
I’m starving. When’s dinner?
这我倒可能帮得上忙 你猜我是干什么的
Well, I might be able to help you there, if you can guess what I do for a living.
你有一间巧克力工厂 地球人都知道
You’ve got a chocolate factory. Everyone knows that.
那你就不算是猜中的 对不对?
Then it wasn’t a guess, was it?
在英国♥军♥队 每位士兵的装备包里都会有一块这个
There’ll be one of these in every kit bag of every soldier in the British Army.
包了糖衣 不容易融化
Sugar casing, so it won’t melt.
为什么他们有免费糖果吃?
Why should they get free sweets?
因为他们会为了国家去打仗
‘Cause they’ll be fighting for their country.
我爸爸说仗打不起来
Our daddy says there isn’t going to be a war.
你♥爸♥爸说错了
Your daddy is wrong.
这是军队独家供应商Amo Amo 西班牙语 爱的意思
Calling it the Army Amo. Amo, amas, amat.
满分(上句原文是动词变位)
Top marks.
西班牙语很无聊 什么词都是”O”结尾的 “Polo”还有”Aero”
It’s boring how everything ends in “o.””Polo” and “Aero.”
还有”Oxo”还有”Brillo” 看来你不想吃
And “Oxo” and “Brillo”. Sounds as if you don’t want it.
我只得把它给你姐姐了
Then I shall just have to give it to your sister.
咬一口
Bite it.
你得咬下去
You have to bite it.
公主很清楚他的冷酷和邪恶
The Princess was well aware of his remorseless wickedness.
但还是抑制不住心里满满的爱意
But that made it no easier to over come the voluminous love she felt
全心爱着罗穆卢斯爵士 公主心里还是本能地觉察到
in her heart for Sir Romulus. The Princess knew instinctively
这个红发的男人信不过
that the one with red hair was not to be trusted.
正当他年轻的卫士一次又一次潜入湖的深处
As his young ward dived again and again to the depths of the lake,
四处寻找魔法圣杯 罗穆卢斯爵士捻♥着他茂密的胡子
in search of the enchanted chalice, Sir Romulus twirled his luxuriant moustache.
罗穆卢斯爵士和他的两个同伴骑着马向北前行 想像着
Sir Romulus rode with his two companions, north wards, drawing ever closer
一步步靠近那灿烂的海
to an effulgent sea.
他英雄般地出现了 英勇地说着
So heroic in manner, he appeared so valiant in word
没人能猜到潜藏在
No one could ever guess at the darkness
罗穆卢斯·特恩布尔爵士黑色心中的阴险
lurking in the black heart of Sir Romulus Turnbull.
他是世上最危险的人
He was the most dangerous man in the world.
“亲爱的塞西莉亚 我想我应该写信
“Dear Cecilia, I thought I should write to apologise for my clumsy
为我笨拙轻率的行为道歉”
and inconsiderate behaviour.”
“如果我的举止失礼 请原谅 但是我…”
“Forgive me if I seem strange but I’m…”
(在我的梦中)
(我亲吻你的阴♥户♥ 甜蜜湿润的阴♥户♥)
亲爱的塞西莉亚 下午我表现得莫名其妙
Dear Cecilia, you’d be forgiven for thinking me mad,
即使你觉得我疯了我也不怪你
the way I acted this afternoon.
事实是 你一出现 茜 我就变得又昏又傻
The truth is I feel rather light headed and foolish in your presence, Cee,
我看我也不能推说是因为天气太热
and I don’t think I can blame the heat.
你会原谅我吗?
“Will you forgive me?
罗比
“Robbie.”
要出去?
Off out then?
是的 利昂邀请我去一起吃晚饭
Yes, Leon’s asked me to join them for dinner.
所以我才擦了一下午银器
So that’s why I’ve been polishing silver all afternoon.
看到光鉴照人的勺子我会想起你的
I’ll think of you when I see my face in the spoon.
你一点也不像你♥爸♥爸 一点也不像
You’re not a bit like your father. Not in any way.
那是因为我只属于你 我要迟到了
That’s because I’m all yours. I’ll be late.
你的衬衫挂在楼上
Your shirts are hanging upstairs.
儿子 怎么?
Son. Yes?
没什么
Nothing.
布莱欧妮! 是你吗?
Briony! Is that you?
你没事吧?
Are you all right?
能不能请你帮我一个忙?
Do you think you could do me a favour?
你能先跑回去把这个交给茜吗?我…
Could you run ahead and give this to Cee? I…
觉得自己交给她有点傻 好的
Feel a bit of a fool handing it over myself. All right.
布莱欧妮
Briony.
布莱欧妮!
Briony!
我想他就是你所谓的合适人选 当然
I suppose he’s what you might call eligible. Rather.
他肯定是自以为不同凡响
He certainly seems to think he’s the cat’s pyjamas.
看到他的阴毛从耳朵里长出来 他这个想法显得很怪异
Which is odd, considering he has pubic hair growing out of his ears.
我想像得到他会给你很多吵吵闹闹傻里傻气的儿子
I should imagine he’d give you a lot of very noisy, bone headed sons.
实际上他很有男子气概 每个人你都这么说
He’s quite a good egg, actually. You say that about everyone.
利昂! 小精灵 这不是我的小妹妹吗!
Leon! Rummy, if it ain’t my little sis!
我给你写了个剧 利昂 我想为你排一出戏
I wrote you a play, Leon. I wanted to do a play for you.
阿♥拉♥贝拉的审判 嗯 还有时间
The Trials Of Arabella. Well, there’s still time.
不必非得在今晚演出 不 今晚不可能演了
Doesn’t have to be this evening. No, it’s impossible.
布莱欧妮 我跟你说 我的声音很好听
Briony. Tell you what. I’m good at voices,
你的还更好 我们晚饭后一起来朗读剧本吧
you’re even better, so we’ll read it out after dinner.
布莱欧妮 你看了这封信吗? 是啊 这真是个好主意
Briony, did you read this letter? Yes, let’s. That’s a wonderful idea.
布莱欧妮! 你们在这儿 我调的巧尾酒
Briony! Here we are. My choc-tail.
你一定得尝尝
I insist you try it.
没有信封吗?
Wasn’t there an envelope?
我能进来吗?
Do you mind if I come in?
今晚真是糟透了
I’ve had the most appalling evening.
那对双胞胎一直在折磨我 看
The twins have been torturing me. Look.
有多糟
How awful.
扭手腕
Chinese burns.
就是啊
That’s right.
他们要回家 他们觉得是我让他们不能回去
They want to go home.They think it’s me that’s keeping them here.
洛拉
Lola.
我能告诉你一件事吗?一件真正糟糕的事
Can I tell you something? Something really terrible.
可以 告诉我吧
Yes, please.
你能想到最恶心的词是什么?
What’s the worst word you can possibly imagine?
他是个大色狼 对啊
He’s a sex maniac! That’s right.
塞西莉亚会怎么做? 我不知道
What’s Cecilia going to do? I don’t know.
你应该告诉警♥察♥ 你这么想吗?
You ought to call the police. Do you think so?
他说他时时刻刻都在想着
He said he thought about it all day long.
你只要把信给警♥察♥看就行了
All you have to do is show them the letter.
你不会告诉别人 是吧 你保证? 我保证
You won’t tell anyone, will you, promise? I promise.
好的 如果被他发现了 不知道他会干什么
Good. If he found out, there’s no knowing what he might do.
你说得对
You’re right.
你去洗洗脸吧 我还要换衣服
You better tidy your face. I’ve still got to change.
谢谢 布莱欧妮 你心肠真好
Thanks, Briony. You’re a real brick.
塞西莉亚
Cecilia!
那封信是个误会 布莱欧妮看过了
It was a mistake. Briony read it.
天哪 对不起 要给你的不是这封
My God, I’m so sorry. It was the wrong version.
是啊
Yes.
这封信从来不该让人看到 不该
It was never meant to be read. No.
要给我看的那封信是怎么写的?
What was in the version I was meant to read?
该怎么说呢 更合规矩 没那么…
I don’t know. It was more formal. Less…
露骨? 是的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!