也许可以拯救我们的未来啊
perhaps we can save our future.
他们能教我们的 我们早都学会了
What they have to teach us we have already learned.
我们的生活越来越糟了
Our way of life is dying.
我们的生活可以自给自足
Our way of life is preserved.
姬塔 等你接下王位 你就会了解的
Kida, when you take the throne, you will understand.
-情况怎么样
-So, how’d it go? -Well,
国王和他女儿意见不太一样
the King and his daughter don’t exactly see eye to eye.
她似乎还喜欢我们 但国王
She seems to like us okay, but the King…
我不知道 他好像有隐瞒
I don’t know. I think he’s hiding something.
如果他有隐瞒 我想知道是什么事
Well, if he’s hiding something, I want to know what it is.
-有人得去跟那个女孩谈谈 -我去
-Someone needs to talk to that girl. -I will go!
-这个人要有良好的沟通技巧 -我可以去
-Someone with good people skills. -I will do it!
-这个人绝对不能把她吓跑 -我自愿去
-Someone who won’t scare her away. -I volunteer!
这个人得要会说他们的话
Someone who can speak the language.
为了这个超级任务 我去
For the good of the mission, I will go!
太好了 戴奇 谢谢你的自愿
Good man, Thatch. Thanks for volunteering.
加油了 迈罗
Go get ’em, tiger.
好 迈罗 绝不接受拒绝
Okay, Milo, don’t take no for an answer.
我有问题要问你
“Look, I have some questions for you,
在得到答案之前我不会离开 对 就这样
“and I’m not leaving this city until they’re answered!” Yeah, that’s it.
很好 很好
That’s good, that’s good.
我有些问题要问你
I have some questions for you,
在得到答案之前 你休想离开这里
and you are not leaving this city until they are answered.
-可是我 好吧 -跟我来
-Yeah, well, I… Okay. -Come with me.
我对你的世界有好多问题
Oh, there is so much to ask about your world.
你是个学者 对不对
You are a scholar, are you not?
看你细瘦的身材 大大的额头
Judging from your diminished physique and large forehead,
当什么都不适合
you are suited for nothing else.
你的祖籍在哪里
What is your country of origin?
洪水是什么时候消退的 这
When did the flood waters recede?
-你怎么会 -等一下
-How did you… -Wait a minute.
我也有问题要问你
I got a few questions for you, too.
那么我们轮流 你问一个 我问一个
So let’s do this, okay? You ask one, then I’ll ask one,
然后你 然后我 你明白吧
then you, then me, then… Well, you get it.
没问题 你第一个想问的问题 是什么啊
Very well. What is your first question?
那就是 你们为什么会到这的
Well, okay, how did you get here?
我指的不是你个人 而是你们的文化
Well, I mean, not you, personally, but your culture.
这一切是指 怎么到这的
I mean, how did all of this end up down here?
据说是众神非常嫉妒 亚特兰蒂斯
It is said that the gods became jealous of Atlantis.
他们降下大灾难 并驱逐我们到这
They sent a great cataclysm and banished us here.
我只记得整个天色变黑
All I can remember is the sky going dark
还有 大家尖叫狂奔
and people shouting and running.
然后 有一道白光 就像颗流星
Then, a bright light, like a star
飞过我们城市
floating above the city.
我爸说它把我妈给带走
My father said it called my mother to it.
之后再也没见过她
I never saw her again.
我很遗憾 希望能带给你安慰
I’m sorry. If it’s any consolation,
我了解你的感受 因为我也
I know how you feel, because I lost my…
等一下 等一下 重来
Wait a minute. Wait a minute! Back up!
你
What are you telling me?
你刚刚告诉我你在场 所以你记得那些事情
That you remember because you were there?
不 那是不可能的
No, that’s… That’s impossible…
因为 我是说那样算起来
Because, I mean, that would make you…
你就八千五百 八千八百多岁了
You know, 8,500-8,800 years old.
对啊
Yes.
好 保养得好
Oh, well. Hey. Looking good.
只是
Just…
-你还有问题要问我吗 -有啊
-You got another question for me? -Yes.
那你们又是怎么找到 这个地方的
How is it you found your way to this place?
其实真的不容易
Well, I’ll tell you, it wasn’t easy.
如果不是这本书 我们绝对找不到的
If it weren’t for this book, we never would have made it.
好 第二个问题 传说你们的族人拥有一种能源
Okay, second question. Legend has it that your people possessed
可以让他们
a power source of some kind that enabled them…
-你是说你看得懂这些 -对 我是语言学家
-You mean you can understand this? -Yes, I’m a linguist.
我就是干这行的
That’s what I do, that’s my job.
-现在回到我的问题 慢点 -就是这里
-Now, getting back to my question… -This, right here,
你会念这些吗
you can read this?
会啊 会啊 我会念亚特兰蒂斯文 跟你一样
Yes, yes. I can read Atlantean, just like you.
你不会 是吗
You can’t, can you?
没有人会
No one can.
这种知识在梅贝摩时代
Such knowledge has been lost to us
就消失了
since the time of the mehbehlmoak.
那次大洪水
Oh, the Great Flood.
-念给我听 -好啊
-Show me. -Okay…
(亚特兰蒂斯文) 沿着小径再走一段路
“Follow the narrow passage for another league.”
就会找到第五个纪念碑
“There, you will find the fifth marker.”
对 没错 我腔调对吗
Yeah. Yeah, that’s it. How was my accent?
像乡巴佬 粗鲁
Boorish, provincial…
-而且你从鼻子发音 -是啊 那我还要再改进
-And you speak it through your nose. -Yeah, gotta work on that.
来 我要你看个东西
Here, let me show you something.
天啊 这看起来像 像部车子
What? It looks like some sort of vehicle.
对 但不管我怎么弄 它就是没有反应
Yes. But no matter what I try, it will not respond.
-也许如果 -我懂你的意思
-Perhaps if… -Way ahead of you.
我来看这里有什么
Okay, let’s see what we got here.
好的 要把水晶放进插槽
Okay. “Place crystal into slot.”
有 我试过了
Yes, yes, I have done that!
把你的手轻轻放在感应板上
“Gently place your hand on the inscription pad.”
-有 -你有没有把水晶
-Yes! -Okay, did you turn the crystal
-转四分之一 -有 有
-one-quarter turn back? -Yes. Yes!
而你的手同时在感应板上
While your hand was on the inscription pad?
有 没有
No.
你看 问题就出在这儿
Well. See, there’s your problem right there.
这种事很容易失误 你能做到这么远
That’s an easy thing to miss. You know, you deserve credit
也不简单了
for even getting this far.
我们 试试看吧
Okay, give it a try.
对 你说对了
Yeah, you got that right.
这 这太棒了 有这东西
This is great! With this thing,
我一下子就能看完整个城市
I could see the whole city in no time at all.
不知道它能跑多快
Wonder how fast it goes.
你饿不饿
So, who’s hungry?
对了 我们还没正式介绍过
By the way, we were never properly introduced.
我叫迈罗
My name’s Milo.
姬塔嘉卡希
My name is Kidagakash.
姬 姬塔玛巧嘉
Kidamaschnaga.
你有小名吗
Hey, you got a nickname?
姬塔
Kida.
好 姬塔 这个我记得住
Okay, Kida. I can remember that.
你怎么了
What is wrong?
没什么 我只是 有东西跑进眼睛里
Oh, it’s nothing. I just… Got something in my eye.
你知道从我有记忆以来
You know, my grandpa used to tell me stories
我爷爷就跟我讲过 这地方的故事
about this place as far back as I can remember.
我只希望他跟我一起站在这
I just wish he could be standing here with me.
跟我说些你同伴的事
Tell me more about your companions.
你们的医生 叫做 库奇
Your physician, he is called Cookie?
-不 是斯维特 -什么
-No, that’s Sweet. -What is?
那医生是斯维特啊
The doctor. He’s Sweet.
他很斯文
Oh, he is kindly.
不 那是他的名字
No, no, no, that’s… That’s his name.
-他名字叫斯文 -不 斯维特
-His name is Kindly? -No, Sweet.
我是说 他也很斯文
Well, I mean, he’s kindly, too.
所以 照这么说 你们的医生都很斯文
So all of your doctors are sweet and kindly?
不 我想有一些是
No. Well, I’m sure some are.
但 但这并不是必要条件
Ours is, but that’s not a requirement.
-你没搞懂我的话 -你把我搞糊涂了
-You’re missing the point. -You are confusing me.
你看看这些刺青
Look at all those tattoos.
这有什么了不起啊
Shoot. That ain’t nothing.
你看我有什么
Look here what I got.
我这里刺了美国三十八个州
All 38 United States.
我还能让它在罗德岛上跳舞
Watch me make Rhode Island dance.
来吧 宝贝 跳舞
Go on, baby, dance. Dance.