Oh, yeah. Met old Thaddeus back in Georgetown.
六六年毕业的 我们一直是非常好的朋友
Class of ’66. We stayed close friends till the end of his days.
他甚至拖着我
Even dragged me along
参加愚蠢的探险
on some of his danged fool expeditions.
戴奇非常疯狂
Thatch was crazy as a fruit bat, he was.
他常常提起你
He spoke of you often.
奇怪 他没提过你
Funny. He never mentioned you.
他不会提的 我喜欢保有隐私权
He wouldn’t. He knew how much I like my privacy.
我一向行事低调
I keep a low profile.
韦摩先生 你为什么找我来这
Mr. Whitmore, should I be wondering why I’m here?
去看那桌子
Look on that table.
那是给你的 (给迈罗 爱你的塞迪斯戴奇)
It’s for you.
这是 爷爷给我的
It’s from my grandfather.
几年前 他给我这个包裹
He brought that package to me years ago.
他说 如果他发生任何事
He said if anything were to happen to him,
等你准备好 就让我交给你
I should give it to you when you were ready.
管他什么意思
Whatever that means.
这
It…
不可能啊
It can’t be.
这是牧羊人的日志
It’s The Shepherd’s Journal.
韦摩先生 这本日志
Mr. Whitmore, this journal is the key
是寻找失落的亚特兰蒂斯的关键
to finding the lost continent of Atlantis!
亚特兰蒂斯
Atlantis.
我可不是三岁小孩
I wasn’t born yesterday, son.
不不不 你看 你看这个
No, no, no. Look. Look at this.
座标图 线索都在这
Coordinates. Clues. It’s all right here.
对 我觉得是鬼画符
Yeah, looks like gibberish to me.
因为它是用一种 已经不存在的方言写的
That’s because it’s been written in a dialect that no longer exists.
-所以它也没用 -不不
-So it’s useless. -No, no, just difficult.
只是很困难 我一辈子研究失传的语言
I’ve spent my whole life studying dead languages.
这对我来说不是鬼画符
It’s not gibberish to me.
这可能是冒牌货
It’s probably a fake.
韦摩先生 我爷爷会知道这是不是冒牌的
Mr. Whitmore, my grandfather would have known
如果这是冒牌的 我会知道的
if this were a fake. I would know.
我敢拿所有家当跟你打赌 我相信
I will stake everything I own, everything that I believe in,
这是真的牧羊人日志
that this is the genuine Shepherd’s Journal.
好 好 那你打算怎么办
All right, all right. So, what do you want to do with it?
我 我去找赞助
Well, I’ll get funding.
-我是说 找博物馆 -他们不会相信
-I mean, I’ll… The museum… -They’ll never believe you.
我会想办法 我会让他们相信
I’ll show them! I will make them believe.
像你今天这样
Like you did today?
对 你怎么
Yes! Well, no. How did you…
别管他们 好吗 算了
Forget about them, okay? Never mind!
我会自己去找亚特兰蒂斯
I will find Atlantis on my own.
就算租小船也行
I mean, if I have to rent a rowboat!
恭喜你了 迈罗
Congratulations, Milo.
我就是想听到你说这句话
This is exactly what I wanted to hear.
别租什么小船了
But forget the rowboat, son.
要去就得像个样子
We’ll travel in style.
关于这件事 我全都安排好了
It’s all been arranged, the whole ball of wax.
为什么
Why?
多年来 你爷爷一直在我耳边讲这本书
For years, your granddad bent my ear
我一点也不相信
with stories about that old book.
等我终于受够了
I didn’t buy it for a minute.
就跟那老顽固打赌
So, finally, I got fed up and I made a bet with the old coot.
我说 戴奇 如果你真的找到那本日志
I said, “Thatch, if you ever actually find that so-called journal”,
我不只会赞助这个探险
“not only will I finance the expedition,”
我还会狠狠地亲你一下
“but I’ll kiss you full on the mouth.”
想想他找到这本书的时候 我多尴尬
Imagine my embarrassment when he found the darn thing.
我知道你爷爷走了 迈罗
Now, I know your grandfather’s gone, Milo,
愿他灵魂安息
God rest his soul,
但普斯顿韦摩 是个言而有信的人
but Preston Whitmore is a man who keeps his word.
听到没有 戴奇
You hear that, Thatch?
我实现了我的诺言 我要问心无愧地上天堂
I’m going to the afterlife with a clear conscience, by thunder!
你爷爷是个很好的人
Your grandpa was a great man.
你可能不知道他有多好
You probably don’t realize how great.
博物馆里那些小丑 把他当成笑话
Those buffoons at the museum dragged him down,
说他整天在作白日梦
made a laughing stock of him.
他死的时候不得志
He died a broken man.
如果我能够带回一丁点证据
If I could bring back just one shred of proof,
对我来说就够了
that’d be enough for me.
戴奇
Thatch.
我们还等什么 还有很多事要做
What are we standing around for? We got work to do.
但韦摩先生 为了进行你刚才的建议
But, Mr. Whitmore, you know, in order to do
我们需要一个团队
what you’re proposing, you’re gonna need a crew.
安排好了
Taken care of.
你需要工程师 还有 地质学家
You’ll need engineers and geologists.
都有了 都是最优秀的
Got ’em all. The best of the best.
盖顿莫尔 地质及挖掘专家
Gaetan Moliere, geology and excavation.
这家伙对土可有研究了
The man has a nose for dirt.
威尼桑塔瑞尼 爆破专家
Vincenzo Santorini, demolitions.
从土耳其监狱挖出来的
Busted him out of a Turkish prison.
奥黛丽拉米瑞兹 别被她年纪骗了
Audrey Ramirez. Don’t let her age fool you.
她摸过的引擎 比你我看过的还多
She’s forgotten more about engines than you and I will ever know.
牧羊人日志也是这些人找到的
They’re the same crew that brought the Journal back.
-在哪找到的 -冰岛
-Where was it? -Iceland.
我就知道 我就知道
I knew it! I knew it!
我们现在只差个鬼画符的专家
All we need now is an expert in gibberish.
所以 你得做个决定了
So, it’s decision time.
你可以继续 你爷爷未完成的心愿
You can build on the foundation your grandfather left you
或者再回去修你的锅炉
or you can go back to your boiler room.
-这是玩真的 -你终于开窍了
-This is for real. -Now you’re catching on.
好吧 我得先去辞职
All right. Okay. I’ll have to quit my job.
辞好了 你今天下午辞了
It’s done. You resigned this afternoon.
-是吗 -对 我不喜欢拖泥带水
-I did? -Yep. Don’t like to leave loose ends.
我的公♥寓♥ 我得通知房♥东
My apartment. I’m gonna have to give notice.
-处理好了 -我的衣服
-Taken care of. -My clothes?
-打包了 -我的书
-Packed. -My books?
-在储藏室 -我的猫
-In storage. -My cat?
天啊
My gosh.
你爷爷有句名言
Your granddad had a saying.
孩子永远不会忘记 我们送他的礼物
“Our lives are remembered, by the gifts we leave our children.”
这本日志是他给你的礼物 迈罗
This journal is his gift to you, Milo.
亚特兰蒂斯正在等你
Atlantis is waiting.
你怎么决定
What do you say?
韦摩先生 随时候教
I’m your man, Mr. Whitmore.
你绝不会后悔的
You will not regret this.
老天 我好兴奋
Boy, I am so excited,
我要 一吐为快啊
I can’t even hold it in.
红萝卜 为什么总是红萝卜
Carrots. Why is there always carrots?
我根本就没吃
I didn’t even eat carrots.
请注意 所有人员到潜水舱
Attention. All hands to the launch bay.
是谁把 男女厕所的标示弄错了
To whoever took the “L” from the Motor Pool sign,
想把我们给笑死啊
we are all very amused.
对不起 我需要报到吗
Excuse me? I need to report in?
什么事 戴奇先生
Yes, Mr. Thatch?
我 是你
It’s you!
我必须抱怨一件事情
Blondie, I got a bone to pick with you.
金发妞 请等一下
Hold that thought.
这次又怎么了 库奇
What is it this time, Cookie?
你知不知道 你把我的餐车 塞满一堆没用的东西
You done stuffed my wagon full to busting with non-essentials.
你看这些
Look at all this.
肉桂皮 麝香草 胡荽叶
Cinnamon, oregano, cilantro.
这胡荽叶到底是什么玩意
What in the cockadoodle is cilantro?
这又是什么
And what is this?
那是西生菜
That would be lettuce.
西生菜 西生菜
Lettuce? Lettuce?
这是一种蔬菜 库奇
It’s a vegetable, Cookie.
大家需要摄取基本的营养
The men need the four basic food groups.
我准备了有营养的食物群
I got your four basic food groups!
豆子 培根 威士忌 猪油