I have covered myself
with layers of civilization,
如此多的层级
so many layers
以至于就连现今的我
that now even myself
都不能轻易地察觉出
I don’t see how easily wounds
内心深层的伤痛是如何
are made deep inside,
由一些我查觉不到的事物造成的
deep inside by things
that I don’t even suspect.
关于文明 关于生命
我知道些什么呢
What do I know
about this civilization, this life…
我什么都不知道
我不懂
I know nothing.
I do not understand anything.
我对一切事物都无法理解
And I know nothing, I know nothing.
我不知道我为何设法到达此地
I do not know how I managed
to reach this point,
我也不知道我是如何来到人生中的这一个阶段的
how I have reached
this point in my life.
但我在继续前进
But I continue moving ahead,
缓慢地前进着
slowly, moving ahead,
偶尔我会瞥到一缕幸福与美丽之景
and some glimpses of happiness
and beauty come my way,
我甚至完全没有预料到
by chance,
when I do not even expect it…
丝毫都没有
when I do not even expect it…
所以我继续前进
So I keep moving ahead,
继续前进着 我的朋友们
I keep moving ahead, my friends…
我理解了动物们
I understand animals…
牛 马 猫 狗
cows, horses, cats, dogs…
但我理解不了人们
but I do not understand people.
我理解不了人们
I do not understand people…
所以我们继续吧
So let us continue…
生活还在继续
Life goes on…
我的摄影机……在拍摄……
My camera… To film…
我没有在制♥作♥电影
我只是在拍摄
I am not making films,
I am just filming.
找寻摄影中的狂喜
The ecstasy of filming,
只拍摄我周围的生活
just filming life around me,
我见到的和我所反应的
what I see, to what I react,
此时此刻
我的手指 我的双眼所感触到的
to what my fingers, my eyes react,
this moment, now,
this moment when it’s all happening,
啊 多么令人陶醉
ah, what ecstasy…
这个万物发生的瞬间
1979年 六月十日
黛娜的音乐会
June 10th 1979.
Oona’s concert.
你说了什么?
你说了什么?
What did you say?
What did you say?
祝你生日快乐
Happy birthday to you!
生日快乐 亲爱的乔纳斯
Happy birthday, dear Jonas!
让我们继续
So let us continue.
现在已经很晚了
It’s very late at night now
我在纽约的小房♥间里
in New York and in my little room
把这些胶片拼贴在一起
where I am putting
all these pieces together.
看上去我唯一能留给自己的时间
It seems that the only time
I have for myself
就是在这些深夜
is those late late night hours
所有人都在睡觉的时候
when everybody’s sleeping,
空气要比
when the air is clearer
充斥着嘈杂活动的平日
from all that daily noise,
更加清新
activity.
这都是一些零碎的时间
Those are the little bits of time
当然 它们一直如此
and, of course, it has always been so,
这也是为什么这部电影
that is why this film consists
是由这些零碎时间
of little bits, fragments
组成的原因
of time,
我生命中的时间
time, from my life,
所组成的细小碎片
little fragments.
但有时候这些小碎片
But sometimes the fragments
包含了一切
contain all that there is,
就像布莱克说的
as Blake said…
在背景中
In the background
你可以听见一些新年庆典的嘈杂声音
you can hear some noises
from the New Year’s celebration.
1999年的新年
New Year’s 1999
进入到2000年
into 2000.
明天将会是是2000年
Tomorrow will be the first day
的第一天
of the year 2000.
我在我的剪辑室里剪辑
I am here in my editing room splicing.
我今天剪了150段
I made about 150 splices today
我看着那些老旧的镜头
and I am looking at my old footage,
那些二十世纪的镜头
footage of the 20th century,
二十世纪的最后四分之一
the last quarter of the 20th century,
当世界在庆贺着新年
as the world is celebrating
the new year.
新年
The new year…
我在庆贺
I am celebrating
这些镜头中所有过往的岁月
all the past years in this footage,
这部电影
this film.
还有20分钟就到这个千年的尾声了
It is about 20 minutes
to the end of this millennium
我坐在剪辑室里
as I sit here in my editing room
剪辑着
making splices,
剪辑着我自己的那些过往
splicing little bits of my own past,
我自己的千年
my own millennium.
我们每个人都有
Each of us have
我们自己的千年与纪念日
our own millenniums, millennia,
它们或长或短
and they could be longer or shorter,
当我现在看着这些镜头
and when I look now at this footage,
完全从其他的角度看
I look at it from completely
somewhere else,
我便已经身处于那个角度的位置了
I am completely somewhere else now.
这就是我 在此处 也在彼处
This is me, there, here,
这也不再是我
and it’s not me anymore,
因为我是唯一
because I am the one
在看待着它的
who is looking at it now,
处于我自己的位置 在我的生命中 与我的朋友们一起
at myself, at my life, my friends,
二十世纪的最后四分之一
the last quarter of the Century.
现在距离本千年的结束
Now it’s about 17 minutes
还剩17分钟
to the end of this century,
this millennium.
时间就是这样 匆匆流逝
生活也随之继续
It’s just time, time goes on,
life goes on,
就像这部电影一样
same as this film
随着投影机在继续着
is going on through
the projector gate,
投影机
projector gate,
电影中的这些影像随意地
the film, these images recorded
在许久以前不同的时间被拍摄
casually at different times,
在许久以前不同的时间被拍摄
long ago,
它们所传达的意义浅显至极
and they mean just what they mean,
在于它们本身
just what they are,
除了它们自己就再没有更多的东西了
and nothing else beyond themselves.
中♥央♥公园
Central Park.
周日
中♥央♥公园的周日
The Sundays,
the Sundays in Central Park,
当你坐在草坪上
when you sit in the grass,
与朋友们一起
when you sit in the grass with friends
也许再来上一瓶酒
and maybe a bottle of wine
一些奶酪和意大利香肠
and some cheese
and some Italian sausage.
啊 周日中♥央♥公园的
Ah, the ecstasy, the beauty,
the happiness
狂欢 美景与欢乐!
of Sundays in Central Park!
如果你没有经历过
If you have never spent Sunday,
和我所度过的周日一样的时光
many Sundays, as many Sundays
as I have spent there,
你永远都不会知道那种欢愉
you’ll never know
the happiness, the pleasure,
那些在周日的中♥央♥公园所拥有的狂欢与美丽
the ecstasy, the beauty
of Central Park on Sundays,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!