真是措手不及
Never a break. Never.
谢谢 你想得真周到
Thank you for the seat. That was very thoughtful.
-你坐的地方看来太挤了 -没关系
-You look like you’re crowded in there. -It’s all right.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢
Thank you.
不客气
You’re welcome.
整个行程的节目我都准备好了
I’ve got the whole trip programmed.
开个玩笑 我想看看你们的反应
I’m just kidding. I wanted to see what you’d do.
这次不是了
Seriously.
我们这有好东西
We got good stuff here.
当不再下雨时生活会是这样
When it’s not always raining There’ll be days like this
-当没有了抱怨 -我喜欢这音乐
-When there’s no complaining -I like this music.
生活会象这样
There’ll be days like this
我喜欢这音乐
I like this music.
就象转动开关
Like the flick of a switch
哦 妈妈告诉过我
Well, my mama told me
生活会象这样
There’ll be days like this
我在寻找我的姑娘 想知道她去向何方
Well, I’m looking for my girl I wonder where can she be
西蒙 我相信是他们做过什么让你难过的事…
Simon, I’m sure they did something really off for you to feel this way…
可是当你的父母或孩子遇上麻烦时…
but when it comes to your parents or your kid…
你总会失去一些东西 除非你处置得当
something will always be off for you unless you set it straight.
也许发生这种事 正是给你一个机会去那样做
And maybe this thing happened to you just to give you a chance to do that.
胡说 想知道为什么吗
Nonsense. And you want to know why?
在座有谁同意梅尔文观点的举手
Anybody here who’s interested in what Melvin has to say, raise their hand.
想知道我和我父母发生了什么事吗
Do you want to know what happened with my parents?
是的
Yes.
-我小时候-等等
-When I was a kid… -No, wait.
我要停在路边专心听你说
I’m gonna pull over, give you my full attention.
我总在画画 我母亲也总是鼓励我
Well, I always painted, and my mother always encouraged it.
我是说 事实上她确实付出惊人
I mean, she was really sort of fabulous about it, actually.
她经常
And she used to…
我那时太小 根本没想到那有什么不妥
I was too young to think that there was anything wrong with it.
她很自然 经常为我做裸体模特
She was very natural, so she used to pose nude for me.
而我总认为 或者说我以为…
And I always thought, or I guess I assumed…
我父亲知道这事
that my father knew about it.
全都是废话
This stuff is pointless.
-嘿 听他说完-爱听悲伤故事想听我的吗
-Hey, let him finish… -You like sad stories? Wanna hear mine?
住嘴
Stop.
接着说 真的 别让他打断你
Go ahead, really. Please don’t let him stop you.
有一天他走进来看到了 然后开始大叫
One day he walked in and found us, and he started screaming.
我父亲11年没走出过他的房♥间
My father didn’t come out of his room for 1 1 years.
当我弹钢琴出错时
He used to hit me on the hands with a yardstick
他总是用尺子打我的手心
if I made a mistake… playing the piano.
继续说 西蒙
Go ahead, Simon.
你是说他走进你的房♥间然后大叫
So you said he came in your room and he was yelling?
请继续说
-Uh-huh. -Please, come on.
-他-说下去
-He was, um… -Come on.
好的 我知道 我
Yeah, I know. I was…
我记得我为母亲辩解…
I remember I was defending my mother…
我试着 你知道的…
and I was trying to, you know…
用最没有说服力的方式平息事态
make peace in the lamest way.
我说…
I said…
“她不是赤♥裸♥ 这是艺术”
“She’s not naked. It’s art.”
他开始打我…
He started hitting me…
打到我失去知觉
and he beat me unconscious.
之后他和我说话就越来越少
And he talked to me less and less after that.
可他早知道我之前干过什么
I mean, he knew what I was before I did.
有天早晨我要去学校…
And the morning that I left for college…
他走进我房♥里…
he walked into my room…
然后伸出他的手…
and he held out his hand…
手里满是钞票
and it was filled with money.
很大很大的一卷钞票
A big, sweaty wad of money.
然后他说”我希望你永远别再回来”
And he said, “I don’t want you to ever come back.”
我抓住他然后拥抱他…
And I just grabbed him and I hugged him…
可他转身走了出去
and he turned and walked out.
我们都经历过可怕的往事 而你
We all have these terrible stories to get over, and you…
不对
That’s not true.
也有美妙的故事 温馨的故事…
Some of us have great stories, pretty stories…
带着面条色拉…
that take place at lakes…
和朋友一起 泛舟湖上
with boats and friends and noodle salad.
只是在座的人没有
just no one in this car.
但很多人…
But a lot of people…
他们的故事是:好时光 面条色拉
that’s their story: good times, noodle salad.
你们觉得艰难 不是因为你们处境糟糕…
What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad…
而是因为你们恼怒有那么多人生活幸福
but that you’re that pissed that so many others had it good.
-不 我不这样看 -根本不是这样
-No! I don’t think so. -Not it at all, really.
根本不是这样
Not it at all, huh?
我们还是去旅馆吧
Let’s go to the hotel.
看看明天你是否
Tomorrow you’ll see if you can get another big wad…
能再从他手上拿到一大卷钞票
of sweaty money out of his hand.
能问你个私人问题吗
Can I ask you a personal question?
当然
Sure.
你对女人有过性冲动吗
You ever get an erection over a woman?
我是说 那样生活不是更轻松
I mean, wouldn’t your life be easier if you weren’t…
你觉得你生活轻松吗
You consider your life easy?
没错 这点我同意
All right. I give you that one.
不错的行装
Nice packin’.
-嘿 斯潘塞 -嗨 妈妈
-Hey, Spence. -Hi, Mom,
-告诉你…-怎么上气不接下气
-Wait till you hear, -Why are you out of breath?
妈妈 我过人打进了一个球
Mom, I ran over a guy and scored a goal,
-是吗 -对手块头很大 查理 你认识的
-You did? -yeah, He was big, Charlie, you know,
那太棒了
That’s great!
-对 没想到 -哦 上帝 是吗
-yep, Amazing, -Oh, my God, right?
妈妈 我们还要玩 走了 再见
Mom, we’re playing again, Gotta go, Bye,
等等 告诉我
Wait.Just tell me…
-他进了个球 -妈妈 我真不敢相信
-He scored a goal, -Mom, I don’t believe it.
-开心死了吧 -哦 上帝
-Oh, you would’ve died. -Oh, my God,!
我儿子出去打足球了 来…
My son was outside playing soccer. Come on.
带我去开开心 带我去跳舞
Take me out for a good time. Take me out dancing.
跳舞
Dancing?
我不行 我累坏了
I can’t. I’m exhausted.
哦 来吧 拜托 来吧
Oh, come on. Please, come on.
好吧
All right.
你是对的
You’re right.
-你在难过还是怎么 -不 我是紧张
-Are you sad or something? -No, I’m nervous.
如果你没来 卡萝 这次行程会很难熬
It would be very rough, Carol, if you weren’t along.
太夸奖了
What a nice compliment.
我很高兴
I’m happy.
你做我的同伴
And you’re my date.
我们去换衣服
Let’s get dressed.
-我去洗个澡 -好的
-I’m gonna jump in the shower. -Okay.
-然后来找你 -好的
-I’ll be right with you. -Okay.
-准备好了吗 -是的
-All set? -Yeah.
-你们有硬壳螃蟹吗 -是的
-Do you sell hard-shell crabs? -Yes.
-你们卖♥♥硬壳螃蟹吗 -是的
-Do they sell hard-shells? -Yes.
-这有硬壳螃蟹吗 -有
-Do they sell hard-shells? -Yes.
谢谢
Thank you.
晚上好
Good evening.
-你们有硬壳螃蟹对吧 -别逢人就问
-Hi. You have hard-shells, right? -Stop asking everyone.
再问一次 告诉我 我们好作决定
just him. Okay, you can answer. We worked it out.
是的 我们有
Yes, we do.
哦 我能提供您领带和外套
Oh, and I can give you a tie and jacket.
-什么 -这里要求穿外套打领带
-What? -They require a tie and jacket.
我们这有
We have some available.
不 我才不♥穿♥
No, I’m not putting that on.
我也不会让你们将瘟疫传染给我
I’m also not going to let you inject me with the plague, either.
这里很不错
It’s such a nice place.
外套也经常会干洗对吧
You probably have these dry cleaned all the time, don’t you?
实际上 不是
Actually, I don’t think so.
你在这等着
Well, you just wait here.