我爱你
I love you.
我说过 伙计
I tell you, buddy.
能让你爱上我我就是世上最幸运的人
I’d be the luckiest guy alive if that did it for me.
请随意
Make yourself at home.
袋子里还有什么
Anything else in the bag?
-你出门时我一直有踢足球 -我知道
-I played soccer while you were away. -Yeah, I know.
我喜欢这本菜谱
I love my cookbook.
好极了 里边收集的全是美妙的食谱
It’s great. It’s got all these wonderful recipes in here.
有些是做鲨鱼的 我从没做过鲨鱼
It says something for shark. I never fixed shark before.
“一品鲨鱼” 喜欢吗斯潘塞
“Shark With A Bite.” Would you like that, Spencer?
还有些叫做”蜂窝”的饼干
There’s some cookies here called “Wasps’ Nest.”
我的大毛球在哪
Where is my big, hairy boy?
它在哪
Where is he?
我的漂亮伙计在哪宝贝
Where is my beautiful boy? Sweetheart.
哦 你睡了
Oh, you’re in bed.
哦 没有
Oh, no.
是吗
Yeah.
梅尔文
I just didn’t think Verdell should get too comfortable…
我觉得维戴尔不应该太过舒适地…
-sleeping in here. -Look.
-睡在这 -你看
-It’s not gonna… -The dog’s already comfortable.
-那样不-狗儿已经在舒服了
Is this okay?
我接行吗
It’s me. Hi!
是我 嗨
Yes.
是的
He took me in. Yes. It’s Carol for you.
他带我进来的 对 卡萝打给你的
I practically fainted when I walked in.
实际上比我想象的要好得多
-Take the dog. -I gotta go.
-把狗带走 -我得走了
-Just take the dog. -Oh, come here.
-把狗带走 -哦 来吧
Come on. Move faster.
快 快点走
-Don’t limp. Move fast. -Good luck.
-别一瘸一拐的 快点 -祝你好运
-Yeah. -How are you doing?
你怎么样
-Not so hot. -Why? What’s wrong?
-不是太好 -怎么有什么不对吗
I don’t know whether I’m being sensible or hard on you.
我不知道是否对你太敏感或太苛刻
Maybe both, Maybe,
也许都有 也许
See, right there, I don’t know whether you’re being cute or crazy.
瞧 就象这样 分不清你是说笑还是说疯话
-Cute. -Don’t answer everything I say.
-说笑 -不要什么话都回答
just listen to me, okay? Listen to me.
只管听我说 懂吗听我说
It’s really something that you’re looking after Simon.
你关心西蒙是件好事情
And what I said on the street…
我在街上说的话
that was a bad thing to say.
确实不太好听
It made me sick to my stomach. It was a bad thing to say.
让我觉得恶心 那很糟糕
I’d be lying if I didn’t say I enjoy your company.
如果我说不愿意和你来往那是说假话
But the truth is, you do bother me enormously.
但事实是你让我感到很困扰
And I know that it…
我知道那
I think that it’s better for me to not have contact with you…
我觉得不和你接触会更好…
because you’re not ready…
因为你没准备好… 可爱的老男人 但没准备好
and you’re a pretty old guy to not be ready…
而我无法忽略这一点
and I’m too old to ignore that.
不过你所做的事…
But there were extraordinary kindnesses…
确实很有爱心
that did take place.
总之 感谢这次旅行
Anyway, thanks for the trip.
晚安
Good night.
我能说点什么吗
Okay if I say something now?
说吧
Go ahead.
我应该陪你跳舞
I should have danced with you.
晚安
Good night.
-你愿不愿意和我聊聊 -我就来
-Are you gonna talk to me or not? -I’m coming.
-她说了什么 -说我是个不错的人
-What did she say? -That I’m a great guy.
很不错
Extraordinary.
但是不愿意和我交往
And she doesn’t want contact with me.
我完了
I’m dying here.
因为…
Because…
你爱她
you love her.
你们怎么都那么敏感和尖刻
And you people are supposed to be sensitive and sharp?
那你说为什么是你说你完了
Then you tell me why. You’re the one who’s “dying here.”
我不知道
I don’t know.
-明天再去想吧 -哦 得了
-Let me sleep on it. -Oh, come on.
-我会想明白的 -哦 拜托
-I’ll figure it out. -Oh, please.
我无法自拔
I’m stuck.
无法回到我原来的生活
I can’t get back to my old life.
她把我赶出了原有的生活
She’s evicted me from my life.
你真那么留恋吗
Did you really like it that much?
对 比现在的要好
Well, it’s better than this.
听着 我很清醒
Look, you, I’m very intelligent.
要给我信心的话 等你比我好时再说
If you’re gonna give me hope, you gotta do better than you’re doing.
如果你把握不好关心的尺度 就闭上嘴
If you can’t be at least mildly interesting, then shut the hell up.
我快淹死了 你却在描述水是什么
I’m drowning here, and you’re describing the water!
挑剔我没有用
Picking on me won’t help.
真是爱她的话 那我麻烦大了
If that’s true, I’m really in trouble.
梅尔文 知道你幸运在哪吗
Melvin, do you know where you’re lucky?
你知道你想要谁
You know who you want.
我随时愿意取代你
I would take your seat any day.
所以你该有所行动
So do something about it.
现在就去她家 别等明天
Go over there now, tonight. Don’t sleep on it.
把事情扔在一边并不总是对的
It’s not always good to let things calm down.
你能做到 梅尔文 能做到
You can do this, Melvin. You can do this.
搬开障碍 告诉她你的感觉
Pull the stops. Tell her how you feel.
-你能做到 -嘿 我有信心了
-You can do this. -Hey, I’m charged here.
-对 没错 -我去那她可能会杀了我
-Yes, you are. -She might kill me if I go over.
那就躲进被窝 我会替你念故事
Then get in your jammies and I’ll read you a story.
你现在有机会
I really think you have a chance here.
宁愿自讨没趣
The best thing you have going for you
是你能做的最好选择
is a willingness to humiliate yourself.
所以快去 打消她的顾虑
So go over there, do this. Catch her off guard.
-好的 -好的
-Okay. -Okay.
-多谢 -不用
-Thanks a lot. -Okay.
我走了
Here I go.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
我忘了锁门
I forgot to lock the door.
你想干嘛 梅尔文
What do you want, Melvin?
-抱歉吵醒你 -我还没睡
-I’m sorry I woke you. -I wasn’t asleep.
那太好了
What a break.
你来这有什么事吗
Is it a secret what you’re doing here?
我必须见你
I had to see you.
为什么
Because?
这能让我安心
It relaxes me.
坐在你家外面的路边
I’d feel better sitting outside your apartment on the curb…
比其他地方感觉都好
than any other place…
我能想象得到
I can think of or imagine.
不 等等 这夸大了点
No, wait. That’s overstating.
我更愿意坐在里边的楼梯上…
I’d rather be sitting inside on the steps…
因为我不想踏在水沟里
’cause I don’t want to get my feet in the gutter.
-那不更好吗 -打住
-What would that serve? -Stop it!
我为什么就不能有个正常的男朋友为什么
Why can’t I just have a normal boyfriend? Why?
只是一个不会让我发疯的正常男朋友
just a regular boyfriend who doesn’t go nuts on me.
每个人都想 亲爱的 可是那不存在
Everybody wants that, dear. It doesn’t exist.
对不起
Oh, I’m sorry.
我无意打断你们
I didn’t mean to interrupt.
男朋友
Boyfriend.
进来吧 但尽量别把什么东西都给毁了
Come on in and try not to ruin everything by being you.
要是不说俏皮话没准我们能一起生活
Maybe we could live without the wisecracks.
也许能
Maybe we could.
这儿感觉有点封闭
It feels a little confined in here.
我们出去走走吧
Let’s take a walk.
看 现在是凌晨四点
See, it’s 4:00 in the morning.
散步对我来说有点疯疯癫癫…
A walk sounds a little screwy to me…
希望你别介意
if you don’t mind.
如果你需要一个理由…
Well, if you need an excuse…
街角有家面包店很快就会开门
there’s a bakery on the corner that will be open soon.
那样就不显得疯癫了
That way we’re not screwy.
只不过是两个爱吃热面包卷的人
just two people that like warm rolls.