亲爱的 我去买♥♥点花 20分钟后就回来
I’m going to get some flowers, dear. I’ll be back in 20 minutes.
今天是郁金香节 真让人高兴
It’s tulip season today, and I’m so happy.
来啊 小乖乖
Come on, sweetie.
好了 快来吧 甜心
Yes, come on now, sweetheart.
来坐坐电梯 然后就能在城里转个遍
Go for a little ride, then you can whiz all over the city.
来坐电梯
Go for a ride.
来啊 小乖乖
Come on, sweetie.
别动 把腿放下 放下
Freeze! Leg down, leg down.
这就对了 快来吧
That’s it. Come on now.
别 你这猴子耳朵的狗♥杂♥种♥
No, you monkey-eared son of a bitch!
在地板上到处撒尿
You have pissed your last floor.
你肯定希望自己是只真正的狗
Bet you wish you were a real dog.
哦 你这狗耳朵猴子
Oh, you dog-eared monkey.
这是纽约 在这能成功就能行遍天下…
This is New York. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere…
你这难看的 臭哄哄的
you ugly, smelly
维戴尔
Verdell!
我的好狗儿在哪 维戴尔
Where’s my good doggie? Verdell?
过来 宝贝
Come here, sweetheart.
尤达先生
Mr. Udall?
你看到维戴尔了吗
Have you seen Verdell?
他长什么样
What does he look like?
我的狗 你知道的
My dog. You know,
我的 我的长着可爱的小脸的狗
my My dog with the little, adorable face.
你不知道我的狗长什么样吗
Don’t you know what my dog looks like?
哦 明白了 你是在说你的狗
Oh, I got it. You were talking about your dog.
我还以为你是说我在前厅看到的那个人
I thought it was the name of that colored man I see in the hall.
是什么肤色
Which color was that?
象浓糖浆的颜色…
Like thick molasses…
-长着很宽的鼻子… -弗兰克
-with a broad nose… -Frank!
用来闻牢饭最好不过
perfect for smelling trouble and prison food.
西蒙 你该去穿好衣服
Simon, you’ve got to get dressed.
弗兰克-萨奇斯 梅文-尤达
Frank Sachs, Melvin Udall.
你好
How are you doing’?
弗兰克在为我办展览
Frank shows my work, Mr. Udall.
-我想你知道 -人就要来了
-I think you know that. -People are gonna start coming.
我只知道 只要你保证你的工作不会碍着我…
What I know is that as long as you keep your work zipped up around me…
我就决不会在意你挤在哪办展览
I don’t give a rat crap what or where you shove your show.
难道我们现在是邻居吗
Are we done being neighbors for now?
-我来和你谈 -别 不值得
-Let me talk to you -No! Not worth it.
根本不值得 维戴尔肯定就在这楼里
Definitely not worth it. Verdell must be in the apartment.
好吧
Okay.
希望你找到它 我喜欢那只狗
Hope you find him. Love that dog.
你什么都不喜欢 尤达先生
You don’t love anything, Mr. Udall.
1 2 3 4 5
One, two, three, four, five.
1 2 3 4 5
One, two, three, four, five.
行了
Okay.
好烫 好烫
Hot. Hot, hot, hot.
-嗨 卡尔 -弗兰克 他在哪
-Hi, Carl. -Frank, where is he?
-他在不在 -别紧张
-Isn’t he here? He lives here. -Take it easy.
-他的狗有点小问题 -那只狗不怎么好看
-He had a little thing with the dog. -It’s not such a hot-looking dog.
它很可爱
He’s adorable.
老天 你去哪了
Good Lord. Where have you been?
哦 看看我的小宝贝
Oh, look at my boy.
看看它
Look at him.
我找到了它 比夏普先生
I found him, Mr. Bishop.
我知道 我们都知道
I know you did. We know you did.
我的小宝贝在哪
Where was my little baby?
在地下室的垃圾箱里吃尿片上的屎
In the basement garbage bin eating diaper shit.
继续 约翰 你可找着乐子了
Go ahead, John. You earned your fun.
抱歉 一时嘴快
Sorry. It just struck me.
-太有意思了 -哦 等等
-It’s funny. -Oh, wait.
就算它进了电梯 可怎么会跑到地下室去
How did he get down in the basement… even if he got in the elevator?
没准是哪个可爱的邻居把它扔进了垃圾通道
Maybe some nice neighbor shoved him down the garbage chute?
在黑暗之中…
Somewhere in the dark…
她作了忏悔 而他宽恕了
she had confessed, and he had forgiven.
“这就是你生活的目的” 他说道
“This is what you live for,” he said.
“同床共枕 夫唱妇随…
“Two heads on a pillow, where all is approval…
这是共同生活的唯一保障”
and there is only the safety… of being with each other.”
但她想知道
How, she wondered,
怎么能在这最可耻的角色中找到这种希望
could she find such hope… in the most shameful part of her?
至少她能给爱作出定义
At last she was able to define love.
爱就是
Love was
尤达先生 我想和你谈谈
Mr. Udall, I’d like to speak to you, please.
让我自己来处理
Let me do this by myself.
-爱就是 -你在里面吗
-Love was -Are you in there?
狗♥娘♥养♥的
Son of a bitch!
狗♥杂♥种♥
Pansy-ass stool pusher.
什么事
Yes?
也许能以后再说
Maybe this can wait.
我找到维戴尔了
I found Verdell.
哦 那就放心了
Well, that’s a load off.
你有没有对它干过什么
Uh-huh. Did you do something to him?
你知不知道我是在家工作
Do you realize that I work at home?
不知道
I wasn’t aware.
你在自己的家里玩同性恋时希望被人打断吗
Do you like to be interrupted when you’re nancing around in your garden?
不 实际上我…
No. I actually…
会摘掉电♥话♥ 在门上挂上纸板
will turn the ringer off on my phone and put cardboard
我所有时间都在工作…
Well, I work all the time…
所以永远 永远别打断我 明白吗
so never, never interrupt me, okay?
哪怕是着火
Not if there’s a fire.
哪怕你听到我在房♥里砰然倒地…
Not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home…
一周后从里面发出臭味…
and one week later there’s a smell coming from there…
只可能是尸体发出的腐臭味…
that can only be a decaying human body…
你得用手帕捂住脸…
and you have to hold a hanky to your face…
因为恶臭可能让你晕倒
because the stench is so thick you think you’re gonna faint.
哪怕是这样 都不要来敲门
Even then, don’t come knocking.
或者假如是在选举夜…
Or if it’s election night…
你很兴奋 很想庆祝
and you’re excited and you want to celebrate…
因为和你约会的同性恋…
because some fudge packer you date…
当选了美国第一任同性恋总统…
has been elected the first queer president of the United States…
而他要带着你去戴维营(美国总统隐居地)…
and he’s going to have you… down to Camp David…
所以你想找人分享这个时刻
and you want someone to share the moment with.
哪怕是这样…
Even then…
也别敲门…
don’t knock…
别敲这扇门…
not on this door…
不管有什么理由
not for any reason.
懂了吗 甜心
Do you get me, sweetheart?
是的
Yes.
你解释得非常清楚
It’s not a subtle point that you’re making.
那就好
Okay then.
看来反对意见是
So the theory of confrontations says
要打扰我之前先三思
“Think twice before messing with me.”
好了
All right.
爱就是…
Love was…
爱是什么
What was love?
爱就是…
Love was…
我发火了 现在我真的发火了
Now I am pissed. Now I am really pissed!
别碰我 别碰我
Don’t touch! Don’t touch!
闭嘴 你以为能胁迫全世界都顺从你
Shut up! You think you can intimidate the whole world with your attitude.
你唬不住我 我是在地狱长大的 伙计
You don’t intimidate me. I grew up in hell, homeboy.
我祖母更会吓人
My grandmother had more attitude.
警♥察♥ 饭桶们
Police! Donut-munching morons.
救命
Help me!
住嘴
Shut up!
人身侵害和殴打 你可是黑人
Assault and battery, and you’re black!
我喜欢西蒙 愿意为他揍你个稀巴烂…
I like Simon enough to batter you unrecognizable…
只要你敢再骂他或者碰他的狗
if you verbally abuse him or touch that dog again.
相应的…
Meantime…
我会想办法让你补偿他
I’m gonna think of someway that you can make it up to him.
我讨厌这样做
I hate doing this!