刚刚好!
He just fits!
他已经知道 我们会把斯班纳先生埋在这儿
You’d think he knew we were bringing Mr. Spenalzo along.
他还真是殷勤
That’s hospitality.
对于我亲爱的姑妈来说真是一个笑话
Rather a good joke on my aunts.
她们住在房♥子里 地下室里还埋着个死人
They’re living in a house with a body buried in the cellar.
我们怎么把他抬进来?
How do we get him in here?
对 我们不能把斯班纳先生 就这样从门里抬进来
Yes, we can’t just walk Mr. Spenalzo in through the door.
我们等她们睡觉以后就去取车 把他从窗户抬进来
We’ll get the car and after they’re in bed, we’ll bring him in through the window.
睡觉后
Bed.
我们去把房♥子后面的车停好 你们最好先去睡觉
We’re moving the car behind the house. You’d better get to bed.
车子放在那里到明天早上不会有事的
The car is all right where it is until morning.
我不想把它停在大街上 那是违法的
I don’t want to leave it in the street. That might be against the law.
我们接下来该做什么?
What are we going to do?
我们最好不要让他们在这儿多呆一晚上
We’re not going to let them spend more than one night in this house.
邻居们会怎么想?
What would the neighbors think?
进来的时候是一个人 出去又变了一个人
People coming in here with one face and going out with another.
那霍斯金先生怎么办?
What are we going to do about Mr. Hoskins?
霍斯金先生!
Mr. Hoskins!
他在里面一定很不舒服
It can’t be very comfortable for him in there.
而且他是这么虚弱 亲爱的 真是可怜
And he’s been so patient, the poor dear.
我想特迪最好马上把他抬下去
I think Teddy had better take Mr. Hoskins downstairs right away.
戈瑟尔斯将军非常高兴 他说这个水闸的尺寸非常合适
General Goethals was very pleased. He said the canal was just the right size.
特迪 又有一个黄热病人去世了
Teddy, there’s been another yellow-fever victim.
我的上帝! 将军一定会感到非常震惊
Dear me! This will be a shock to the General.
不 我们必须保守这个秘密
No, we must keep it a secret.
国♥家♥机♥密♥?
A state secret?
是的 国♥家♥机♥密♥
Yes, a state secret.
保证?
Promise?
你们连美国的总统都不相信吗
You have the word of the President of the United States.
君子一言 驷马难追 现在 让我想想
Cross my heart and hope to die. Now, let’s see.
我们怎么样才能保守这个秘密?
How are we going to keep it a secret?
特迪 我想你最好先回到地下室去
Teddy, I think you’d better get back down into the cellar.
然后…
And then…
…当我把灯关上后 当这里全部黑下来以后…
…when I turn out the lights, when everything’s dark here…
…你就上来把那个可怜的人抬到地下室去
…you come up and take the poor man down to the canal.
现在快去
Now get along.
我们等一下就下来举♥行♥葬礼
And we’ll come down later and hold services.
那个可怜的病人在哪? -在棺材里面
Where is the poor devil? -ln the windowseat.
好像是被传染的
It seems to be spreading.
我们以前没有黄热病的病例
We’ve never had yellow fever there before.
我甚至还没见过霍斯金先生!
I’ve never even seen Mr. Hoskins!
我的天! 对啊 你出去了
My goodness! That’s right, you were out.
那你过来看看他吧
You just come right along and see him now.
你知道吗 他长的很英俊 想想他就是一个卫理公会教♥徒♥
You know, he’s really very nice looking, considering that he’s a Methodist.
我们把行李从这里搬进来
We’re bringing the luggage through here.
你的房♥间准备好了 你可以上楼去了
Your room is waiting for you. You can go right up.
恐怕我们不会在布鲁克林呆多久 你们先去睡觉吧
I’m afraid we don’t keep Brooklyn hours. You two run along to bed.
但是你们两个一定很累了
But you must be very tired. Both of you.
我们一般不会这么早睡觉 -现在我回来照顾你们了
And we don’t go to bed this early. -It’s time I came home to take care of you.
把这些行李搬上楼去
Take the bags upstairs.
我等下来搬那些仪器
For the instruments, I’ll come back later.
晚安
Good night.
现在 都睡觉吧
Now, we’ll all go to bed.
我等你上去 再把灯关上
I’ll wait until you’re up and then turn out the lights.
上去吧 玛瑟姑妈
Run along, Aunt Martha.
搬到实验室里去 医生
Just off the laboratory, Doctor.
好了 艾比姑妈 -我等下上来
All right, Aunt Abby. -I’ll be right up.
现在! 把灯关上
Now! Turn out the lights.
玛瑟姑妈
Aunt Abby.
都准备好了 乔纳森
He’s all right, Johnny.
我去把窗户打开 你出去把他抬进来
I’ll open the window. You go round and hand him through.
但是他对我来说太重了
But he’s too heavy for me.
你在外面推 我在里面把他拉进来
You go outside and push, and I’ll stay here and pull.
然后我们一起把他抬到巴拿马去
And then together we take him down to Panama.
好的 我们必须快一点 我去看一下房♥子周围有没有人
All right. We must be quick. I’ll take a look around outside the house.
我敲窗户的时候 你就把窗户打开
When I tap on the glass, you open the window.
好的
Yeah.
这里太黑了
It’s dark in here.
我在哪里?
Where am l?
在这儿
Here I am.
谁把这个打开了?
Who left this open?
好了 等一下 把他挪过来
Okay, wait a minute. Hand him over.
好了 我接住了 使劲!
Now I have him. Allez, up!
先等等 还有一条腿在外面
Now, wait a minute. You lost a leg somewhere.
使点劲 他太重了
Help me. He’s so heavy.
好 再使点劲 我抬进来了
Now I have him. Now I got him.
小心点 -他的鞋好像掉了
Be careful. -But his shoe came off.
帮我抬一下 他太重了
Help me. He’s so heavy.
好 进来了!
Now I’ve got him!
乔纳森 有人在敲门 去开门 快点
Johnny, somebody’s at the door. Go open, quick.
我在抬斯班纳 快去 快点!
I’ll manage Spenalzo. Go, quick!
莫蒂默!
Mortimer!
艾比姑妈!
Aunt Abby!
玛瑟姑妈!
Aunt Martha!
谁在那?
Who is it?
是你吗 特迪?
Is that you, Teddy?
你是谁?
Who are you?
我是伊莱恩 哈珀 我住在隔壁
I’m Elaine Harper. I live next door.
你在这儿干什么?
What are you doing here?
我来找我的丈夫 莫蒂默
I came here to see my husband, Mortimer.
那你怎么说你姓哈珀?
Why did you say your name was Harper?
本来姓哈珀 我是说 现在是姓布鲁斯特
It is Harper. I mean, it’s Brewster.
我还不是很习惯那样叫 我是新布鲁斯特太太
I’m not very used to it. I’m a brand-new Brewster.
医生!
Doctor!
不要紧 不要紧的
It’s all right. It’s okay.
也许你可以解释一下你们在这里干什么
Maybe you’d better explain what you’re doing here.
我们住在这里
We happen to live here.
你不是住在这里的
You don’t live here.
我每天都来这里 但是从来没有见过你
I’m in this house every day, I’ve never seen you before.
玛瑟和艾比在哪儿? 你对她们做了些什么?
Where are Martha and Abby? What have you done to them?
也许我们最好先自我介绍一下
Perhaps we’d better introduce ourselves.
我先介绍一下爱因斯坦医生
May I present Dr. Einstein?
爱因斯坦医生?
Dr. Einstein?
一位非常优秀的外科医生
A surgeon of great distinction.
有着神奇的医术
And something of a magician.
我以为你要告诉我你是鲍里斯– -我是乔纳森 布鲁斯特
I suppose you’ll tell me you’re Boris– -I am Jonathan Brewster.
你是乔纳森 -你听说过我?
You’re Jonathan. -You’ve heard of me?
是的 他们谈论过你 -他们怎么样谈论我?
Yes, they talk about you. -What do they say about me?
他们只是说还有一个兄弟 叫乔纳森 仅此而已
Just that there’s another brother named Jonathan, that’s all.
什么都不用说了 我知道你是谁了…
That explains everything. Now that I know who you are…
…我这就走 如果你能好心帮我开一下门
…I’ll just be running along if you’ll kindly unlock the door.
“什么不用说了 ” 那是什么意思?
That explains everything. Just what do you mean by that?
这么晚了 你来这儿干什么?
Why do you come here at this time of night?
我刚以为莫蒂默开车回来 我以为是你
I just thought I saw Mortimer drive up. I suppose it was you.
你是说你刚看见有人在开车?
You thought you saw someone drive up?
是的 你刚才不在外面吗? 那不是你的车吗?
Yes. Weren’t you just outside? Isn’t that your car?
你看见有人在车里? -是的
You saw someone at the car? -Yes.
你还看见什么了? -没了 就这些!
What else did you see? -Just that, that’s all!
我知道了 这就是你为什么要过来?
I see. Is that why you came over here?
不 我是来找莫蒂默的 但是如果他不在 我就走了–
No, I came to see Mortimer. But if he’s not home, I’ll run–
你说了两个名字 -你弄疼我了!
You’ve given two names. -You’re hurting me!
我觉得她非常危险
I think she’s dangerous.
不需要访客 这纯粹是一个私人葬礼
No visitors. It’s going to be a private funeral.
特迪 告诉他们我是谁! -她是我女儿 艾丽丝
Tell these men who I am! -That’s my daughter, Alice.
不!
No!
别象个假小子一样 不要跟那几个先生玩这种粗鲁的游戏了
Don’t be a tomboy. Don’t play rough with the gentlemen.
冲啊!
Charge!
医生 去地下室
Doctor, the cellar.
放开我!
Let go of me!
放开我!
Let go of me!