Now what is the delay? -Indians. But they’re peaceful Indians.
从他们抽的那种和平的烟斗就可以看出来
You can tell that by the peace pipes they’re smoking.
从这条线路开远一点 他们就不那么友好了
Further down the line, they’re not so friendly.
整个美国的人都和这班火车上的一个样子吗?
Is the entire American population in the way of this train?
这些美国火车 真是不可思议
These American trains, quite impossible.
是的 先生 我去吧 主人
Yes, sir. I go, master.
她承受不了这辆火车的重量 我们最好回去
She’ll never take the weight of this train. We better go back.
都在吵些什么 孩子们?
What’s all the fuss here, boys?
你们运营的火车一定要每五分钟就停一下吗?
Can’t you fellows run a railroad without stopping every five minutes?
那座桥很难承受火车的重量
That bridge won’t hardly hold a locomotive.
为什么 为了屁大点儿事把我撂在这儿
Why, hang me for a sheep-stealing son of a tarantula…
如果你们不是一群胆小鬼懦夫
if you ain’t a pack of yellow-bellied milksops.
我说的对吗 小鬼 -是的 先生 你是对吗?
Am I right, scout? -Yes, sir, you’re right
不 我不能冒这个险 -来 喝一小口这个40度
No, I ain’t chancing it, fellows. -Here, take a snort of this 40-rod.
把你的老家伙后退一点 然后以30英里的时速冲过去
Back up your old teakettle there, and shoot her over at 30 miles an hour.
来吧!
Let her roll!
这就对了 伙计 油门踩到底
That’s the spirit, partner. Bear down on that throttle.
这才是我说的正常速度
Now that’s what I call a proper rate of speed.
我会是一个响尾蛇叔叔
I’ll be a rattlesnake’s uncle.
我以为你会跑呢 你这胆小鬼英国水手
Thought you’d run away, you yellow-bellied lime juicer.
你会用铁棍打人吗? -我想黑桃是王牌吧
Hit a man with an iron bar, will you? -Spades are trumps, I believe.
“我想黑桃是王牌吧” 我亲爱的小胡子
“Spades are trumps, I believe.” My dear Algernon, really.
行行好出牌吧 -“行行好出牌吧”
Be so good as to play. -“Be so good as to play.”
天哪! 你们为什么不玩个男人的游戏呢?
Gracious. Why don’t you play a man’s game?
扑克 红狗 尤克 (均为不同的纸牌游戏…)
Poker, red dog, euchre.
想让我跟你学吗 小胡子?
Want me to learn you how, Algie boy?
还是我应该和你学怎么样公平决斗?
Or should I learn you how to fight fair?
请稍等
Would you pardon me?
先生 你是一个粗鲁的混♥蛋♥而我要一次性解决这件事
Sir, you are an insolent bully and I demand satisfaction at once.
介意先去一下其他车厢吗?只需要几分钟
Mind moving into the other car, please? lt’ll only be a minute or so.
好 不要射偏 你们可能会损坏木制品
Now, don’t miss, boys, you can damage the woodwork.
公♥司♥很可能从我的薪水里扣钱
The company’s liable to take it out of my salary.
准备好了吗 小胡子 还是你想叫叔叔? -准备好了
Ready, or do you want to holler uncle? -I’m ready.
我们一起数到六 转身 然后开枪
We will count to six together, turn, and fire at will.
开始? -开始
Now? -Now.
一 二 三 四…
One, two, three, four…
五 六
five, six.
尝尝这个
Take this.
印第安人!
Redskins!
谢谢 伙计 你可能是个外国人 但你是个保守党
Thanks, partner. You may be a foreigner, but you’re true-blue.
你还好吗?
Are you all right?
我们没事 可你瞧他们把我的外套♥弄♥得
I’m all right, but look what they’ve done to my coat.
火车被开跑了
The train is running away.
他们一定是抓住了司机 和锅炉工
They must have got the engineer and fireman.
你有什么建议?
What do you suggest?
科尔尼堡就在前头 那里有骑兵
Fort Kearney’s just ahead. That’s where the cavalry is.
可我们这种速度只会直接冲过去 -得有人把火车停下来
But we’ll pass right through at this rate. -Somebody’s got to stop the train.
我们中得有个人去科尔尼堡
One of us must get to Fort Kearney.
我去
I’ll try.
可怜的路路通 完全找不到人
Poor Passepartout. Not a trace of him.
所有其他人都要为此负责
Everyone else seems to be accounted for.
到处都没有我的男仆的踪迹
There’s no sign of your valet.
我恐怕他落到了苏族人的手里
I’m afraid he’s fallen into the hands of the Sioux.
这是为了救我们而故意做的牺牲
It was a deliberate sacrifice to save the rest of us.
他们会把他怎么样? -苏族人很残忍♥
What will they do to him? -The Sioux are pretty merciless.
你听说过他们折磨人的手段
You’ve heard about their tortures.
中校 我们必须立刻派一队人去救援
Colonel, we must send a rescue party at once.
对不起 先生
Excuse me, mister.
我知道这听起来有些没良心
I know it sounds kind of heartless…
可是我们不能把火车扣下来
but we can’t hold the train.
那只是个小问题 有人的生命在受到威胁
That’s a minor consideration. A man’s life is at stake.
你们中有人自愿去袭击苏族人吗?
Any of you want to volunteer for a raid against the Sioux?
我愿意 先生! 我愿意!
I will, sir! -I will!
太温暖了
It’s too warm.
别伤心 兄弟们 所有事都会好起来的
Don’t be blue, folks. Everything is gonna be all right.
明天会有一趟慢车经过这里 可以把你们一天后送到奥马哈市
There’ll be a local through here tomorrow. That’ll fetch you into Omaha the day after.
是的 而且耽误24小时
Yes, and lose 24 hours.
如果我们错过纽约的轮船 我们怎么能按时回到利物浦呢?
If we miss our steamship in New York, how will we get to Liverpool on time?
岂有此理 你们这些城里人 总是在赶时间
I’m darned if I understand you city folks. Always rushing.
总是想着未来
Always thinking about the future.
难怪你们有胃病
No wonder you have stomach trouble.
都是我的错 先生
It’s all my fault, sir.
你应该让印第安人把我吃了 自己去赶火车的
You should have caught the train and let those Indians cook me.
那样大家就都高兴了
Then everyone would’ve been happy.
胡说什么!
Balderdash.
我总是说 塞翁失马 焉知非福
What I always say is, it’s an ill wind that blows no good.
松开吊索
Ease off the halyards.
稳住
Steady, man.
看 火车 那辆火车坏了
Look, the train. The train broke down. Stop the wind, master.
镇静 路路通
Contain yourself, Passepartout.
所有事情都没问题了
Everything’s under control.
这些手工制♥造♥的美国火车
Those homemade American trains.
再见
Goodbye.
好球 丹尼斯
Well-played, Dennis.
你玩这个很有天分
You have a natural aptitude for the game.
在牛津四年练出来的
Perfected by four years of practice at Oxford.
我其他什么事也没干 花了我可怜的监护人12000英镑
I did nothing else. Cost my poor old governor over Pound12,000.
物有所值
Worth every penny of it.
你好 威尔梅特先生 很多年没见过你了
Hello, Sir Wilmette. Haven’t seen you in donkey’s years.
你还在俱乐部吗? -不在了
Are you staying at the club? -No.
你在城里还有套房♥子 没错吧? -没有
You have a house in town, no doubt? -No.
那你住在乡下 对吧? -没有
Then you live in the country, do you? -No.
在伦敦附近吗? -不在
Anywhere near London? -No.
倒霉
Hard luck.
日安
Good day.
到了 先生们
Here we are, gentlemen.
从纽约的英国领♥事♥馆♥来的
From the British Consulate, New York.
事情在好转
Things are looking up.
“菲利亚斯·福格和伙伴在格林威治时间”
“Phileas Fogg and party presented their passports…
“今天下午2:30分出示了他们的护照”
“at 2:30 Greenwich time this afternoon.”
那艘船什么时候启航的? -等等 我这里有份时刻表
What time did that steamship sail? -Wait, I have a schedule here.
在这儿 “巴黎…” 不对 那是昨天的
Here we are. “City of Paris….” No, that’s yesterday’s.
等一下 “中国的丘纳德号♥ 纽约 利物浦”
Wait a minute. “Cunarder, China. New York, Liverpool.”
今天上午9点启航 -他晚了5个小时
Sailed today, 9:00 a.m. -He’s missed it by five hours.
三天之内都不会再有向东航行的船了
Not another eastbound vessel for three days.
我不想吹嘘 先生们 但我仿佛听到了20000英镑清脆的响声
I don’t wish to crow, gentlemen, but I feel the crisp crackle of Pound20,000.
让我们把那瓶一直没开的香槟打开吧
Let’s crack that bottle of champagne we’ve been saving.
但首先 在消息透露出去之前 我们先
Right you are. But first, what about a bet or two on the side…
额外再下点注吧
before this information leaks out?
我们最好去劳合社 -走吧
We better get over to Lloyd’s. -Come on.
听着
Listen.
我在这里的时候 他们打开了电报
They opened the telegram while I was there.
福格错过了中国的丘纳德号♥ 他不可能按时回来了
Fogg missed the China. He can’t possibly make it now.
你确认吗? -是的
Are you sure? -Positive.
那我再试个一两英镑的
Then I’ll chance another couple of quid.
你照顾好这边的事情 我赶紧去那边下注
You take care of things while I slip round the corner.
等等
Wait a minute.
帮我再加5美元
Put down an extra fiver for me.
不 先生们 一整天一点活动也没有
No, gentlemen, not a bit of activity all day.
只是福格先生毫无胜算
There are just no odds on Mr. Fogg.
怎么 会这样? 我们上周四还几乎挤不进来
How can that be? We could barely get in here last Thursday.
是的非常神秘
Yes, it’s very mysterious.
你永远不知道下一分钟会怎么样
You never know from minute to minute.
我刚刚收到一些关于福格先生的令人不安的消息
I have just received some rather disquieting information about Mr. Fogg.
你知道卡迈克尔先生吧 劳合社的总经理
You know Mr. Carmichael, the General Manager of Lloyd’s.
这是苏格兰场的亨特督察 -你好?
This is Inspector Hunter of Scotland Yard. -How do you do?
先生们 这听起来会有些痛苦
This will be very painful to hear, gentlemen.
我们刚刚确认了一件已经怀疑很久的事情
We’ve just received confirmation of something we’ve suspected for some time.
抢劫英格兰银行的人和你们的俱乐部会员菲利亚斯·福格
The man who robbed the Bank of England, and your fellow clubman Phileas Fogg…
是同一个人
are one and the same.
这太荒谬了! -你不会真的相信吧