请你退后
Sir, stay right here.
奇克 叫他们领了工钱就走
Chick, get him paid, get him off the rig!
休斯顿 太空总署
史坦普先生吗?
Mr. Stamper?
我就是史哈利
Yeah, I’m Harry Stamper.
你好
How you doin’?
史小姐 我是丹楚门 太空总署署长
Miss Stamper. I’m Dan Truman, Executive Director here.
我要代表大家向你们…
Listen, on behalf of all of us, I’d really like to apologize
向我们道歉 我们可是受够了
Apologize. I don’t know if we can take any more apologies, Mr. Truman.
这十八个小时来 一直有人在道歉
We’ve been apologized to for the last 18 and a half hours.
请你就直接说
So if you don’t mind, how about if we
你为什么把我找来太空总署
just get on with it? You tell us why we’re here at the NASA Space Center.
我们最好私下谈
We should probably talk alone.
我什么都跟我女儿葛莉丝说
Mr. Truman, I don’t keep any secrets from my daughter, Grace.
不管你说不说 我都会跟她说的
So whether you tell her now or I tell her later, she’s gonna find out one way or the other.
所以请你快说吧
So why don’t we just get on with it?
最高机密
这颗慧星撞上陨石带 它的碎片冲向地球
So when the Rogue comet hit the asteroid belt, it sent shrapnel right for us.
这十五天内地球会受到很多撞击
For the next 15 days, the Earth’s in a shooting gallery.
就算陨石本身撞进大海 还是会波及陆地
Even if the asteroid itself hits the water, it’s still hitting land.
它会使海水加热 然后直接撞进海底
It’ll flash boil millions of gallons of seawater and slam into the ocean bedrock.
它应该会撞上太平洋
Now, if it’s a Pacific Ocean impact which we think it will be
它会造成三哩高的海啸
it’ll create a tidal wave three miles high,
时速一千哩 淹没加州到丹佛的陆地
travelling at 1,000 miles an hour covering California and washing up in Denver.
日本不能幸免澳洲也会被淹没
Japan’s gone. Australia’s wiped out.
全球有一半的人口将被高温烧死
Half the world’s population will be incinerated by the heat blast.
另一半则被严冬冻死
The rest’ll freeze to death from nuclear winter.
我不敢相信
That’s unbelievable.
这是千真万确的
Well, actually, this is as real as it gets.
它正撞向地球
Well, it’s coming right now.
以时速两万两千哩的速度
Right for us at 22,000 miles an hour.
地球上谁也躲不了
Not a soul on Earth can hide from it.
15天3小时
我猜你们没有告诉别人
I take it you’re not alerting everyone like this.
我们不打算把这消息公开
Nobody knows. That’s the way it stays.
这十天内只有九座望远镜看得到这陨石
For the next ten days, there are only nine telescopes in the world…
美国就有八座
that can spot the asteroid, and we control eight of ’em.
总统把这件事列为最高机密
The president’s classified this information top secret.
要是把这消息公诸于世
If news like this got out,
全球的社会秩序就会崩溃
there’d be an overnight breakdown of basic social services worldwide.
造成暴♥动♥ 宗教狂热
Rioting, mass religious hysteria,
全面的混乱
total chaos, you can imagine.
也就是世界末日降临
Basically the worst parts of the Bible.
全球有六十亿人
Six billion people on the planet.
你们为什么找上我?
Why’d you guys call me?
我要你训练上去的队员
We need you to prep the team we’re sending up.
上去?
Up?
他们要到陨石表面钻一个洞放置核弹
We’ll send them to the asteroid, they’ll land, drill a hole, they’ll drop some nukes,
离开后引爆 不过器材有些问题
take off and detonate, if we can fix this equipment problem.
这是为火星计划打造的钻头
The drilling unit’s a prototype we’ve been building for the Mars project.
你…你应该认得
You, uh You might recognize the rig.
我猜我是应该认得
Yeah, well, I guess I should recognize it.
这是我设计的
It’s my design.
你们偷走我的专利?
Did you steal a key to the Patent Office?
是的
Yeah, basically.
让我搞清楚
Let me get this straight.
我绕了半个地球跑来 发现你们偷走我的专利
I got pulled off an oil rig, flown halfway around the world because you stole my drill design.
没有看好蓝图 而且做得烂透了
Couldn’t read the plans right and did a pisspoor job of putting it together.
在外太空没专利权…
Patents don’t apply to outer space.
闭嘴 昆西
You shut up, Quincy.
它不会上火星现在只有它能拯救地球
It’s not going to Mars any more. It’s gonna try to save this planet.
你得帮我们修好
And we need to know what’s wrong with it pretty quick.
你说我们没做好
You said we did a bad job of putting it together?
我说你们做得烂透了
No, I said you did a pisspoor job of putting it together.
首先 运送系统弄反了
First of all, you got the flow system all reversed.
让我猜
Let me guess.
你们把叶轮拆开却搞不懂
You’ve been tearin’ up rotors and you can’t figure out why.
没错
Yeah, that’s right.
那是因为凸轮装错了 天才
Well, that’s because your cams are all wrong, Mr. Wizard.
谁在操作这玩意?
Who’s been operating this thing?
他们
Right there. We’ve actually
我们让他们训练了八个月
We’ve had them training for eight months solid now.
整整八个月吗?
Eight whole months?
差不多
Well, pretty much, yeah.
真是的
Well, gee whiz.
这就是陨石的钻洞小组 请你在这里训练他们
Well, this is the team that has to do the job up there. We need you to train them down here.
怎么样 史先生?
Well, Mr. Stamper, what do you think?
钻洞是门科技也是艺术
You know, drilling’s a science. It’s an art.
我是第三代钻工 我一辈子都干这行
I’m a third generation driller, doin’ it all my life.
还是没有完全搞懂
I still haven’t got it all figured out.
我猜你是听说我最行才会把我找来
I assume you sent for me because somebody told you I was the best.
那是因为我有最好的工人
Well, I’m only the best because I work with the best.
如果没有值得信任的工人 你就死定了
You don’t trust the men you’re working with, you’re as good as dead.
你尽管派他们去吧 他们是很好的太空人
Now you wanna send these boys into space, fine. I’m sure they’ll make good astronauts,
可是他们对钻洞一点也不懂
but they don’t know jack about drillin’.
你有什么应变措施?
What’s your contingency plan?
应变措施?
Contingency plan?
备用计划 一定有备用计划吧
Your backup plan. You gotta have some kind of backup plan, right?
没有备用计划 只有这一个
No, we don’t have a backup plan. This is it.
美国政♥府♥就只能想出这个办法吗?
This is the best that you could that the government the U.S. government can come up with.
这可是太空总署你们把太空人送上月球
I mean, you’re NASA for cryin’ out loud. You put a man on the moon.
你们都是天才 头脑好得不得了
You’re geniuses. You’re the guys that think this shit up.
一定有一大堆人在想办法
I’m sure you got a team of men sittin’ around somewhere right now,
还有人在想备用计划
just thinkin’ shit up and somebody backin’ them up.
你是说没有备用计划
You tell me you don’t have a backup plan,
这八个人就是世界的救星?
that these eight Boy Scouts right here, that is the world’s hope, that’s what you’re tellin’ me?
是的
Yeah.
老天 该死
Oh, Jesus. Damn it.
剩下的时间不多 你能帮忙吗?
We’re a little short on time here. Will you help us?
他们只要钻洞吗?
All they gotta do is drill?
没错
That’s it.
不必太空漫步 干什么疯狂事吧?
No spacewalkin’, no crazy astronaut stuff.
只要钻洞
Just drill.
你打算要派多少人上去?
How many men were you plannin’ on takin’ up there?
两艘太空梭 两组人员
We’re sendin’ up two shuttles, two teams.
我要用我的手下
If I do this, I’m gonna wanna take my own men.
没问题
You got it.
你愿意帮忙吗?
So you’re saying you’ll help us?
愿意
Yes, sir.
谢谢
Thanks.
我只是不相信别人
I just don’t trust anybody else to do it, that’s all.
不是 寇太太 我是史哈利
No, Mrs. Curlene. It’s Harry Stamper
你看到大熊就说我在找他
You see Bear, you tell him Harry’s lookin’ for him.
他们下了油井就乱跑
Those guys get off this rig, they scatter.
寇家强 绰号♥大熊
J. Otis Curlene Bear.
南达科塔州唯一的黑人骑士
Probably the only black man on a big hog in Kadoka, South Dakota.
来抓大熊呀
Come and get Papa Bear!
麦斯
Uh, Max.
外太空有没有体重限制?
You got a weight limit on the shuttle?
老妈
Hey, Mama.
只有妈妈好
你真乖
So sweet, Maxie.
你有没有买♥♥果酱甜甜圈?
Hey, would you give me one of them yellow jelly bear claws I like?
你又惹上麻烦了吗?
Are you in trouble with the law again?
才没有
No, Mama.
麦斯
Maxie.
我发誓 妈
I swear, Mama. I’m
我要色狼
You know I want Rockhound.
他很色 所以…
We call him Hound because,
绰号♥是色狼
well, he’s horny.
到新奥尔良的每一家酒吧 应该就能找到他
You might wanna start with every bar in New Orleans.
这颗钻戒很大吧?
That is a big, shiny mount, isn’t it?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!