再见 -独♥立♥是件好事 对吧
See ya! – Independence is good, right?
上帝在吗 我是玛格丽特
Are you there, God? It’s me, Margaret.
就我一个人 我有点紧张
I’m a little nervous, actually, about being alone,
你能不能
so can you just
别让什么糟糕的事情发生
not let anything really horrible happen?
太好了 我感觉好点了
Oh, good. That makes me feel a little better.
也许我会研究宗教这个主题
You know, maybe I will do my school project on religion.
我是时候决定我的宗教信仰了
I think it’s finally time for me to decide what to be, God.
你不会介意的吧
You wouldn’t mind, would you?
我会把一切都告诉你
I’ll tell you all about it.
而且我保证不会不跟你商量就做决定
And I promise I won’t make any decisions without you first.
‎♪ I am the very model
Of a modern Major-General ♪
‎♪ I’ve information vegetable
Animal, and mineral ♪
‎♪ I know the kings of England ♪
‎♪ And I quote
The fights historical… ♪
奶奶!
Grandma!
宝贝 你来了
Darling, you made it.
瞧瞧你 可真漂亮
Oh, look at you! You look gorgeous.
你也是 你头发变红了
So do you. Your hair’s red.
别人都以为我是歌♥舞♥女♥郎
Yes, everybody thinks I’m a showgirl.
来吧 把你的包交给门卫
Come on, we’ll drop your bag with the doorman
然后咱就奔向剧院
and then, we’re gonna scoot to the Delacorte.
‎‎♪ With many cheerful facts ♪
‎‎♪ About the square
Of the hypotenuse ♪
‎♪ With many cheerful facts ♪
‎♪ About the square
Of the hypotenuse ♪
‎♪ With many cheerful facts ♪
‎♪ About the square
Of the hypotenuse ♪
‎♪ Then I can write a washing
Bill in Babylonic cuneiform ♪
‎♪ And tell you every detail
Of Caractacus’s uniform ♪
‎♪ In short, in matters
Vegetable, animal, and mineral ♪
‎♪ I am the very model
Of a modern Major-General ♪
‎♪ In short, in matters
Vegetable, animal, and mineral ♪
‎♪ He is the very model
Of a modern Major-General ♪
等等 你每天晚上睡前的最后一步
Wait, a minute. Okay. You should always
就是要涂上护手霜
put your hand lotion on last thing at night.
有些女人
And then, some ladies
还要戴上手套才睡
put gloves on over that to sleep in.
你知道为什么吗 -不知道
You know why? – No.
你要保证不告诉别人
Okay. You have to promise not to tell anybody this,
我才告诉你
what I’m going to tell you now.
保证吗 -我保证
Okay? Okay, swear? – Okay. I swear.
实际上 我就这么做过
So, I actually did this.
我买♥♥了一款特别好的护手霜
I got a really fabulous hand cream
和一副白手套
and I bought these white gloves
睡前戴上了 -喔
and I put them on. All right. – Oh!
我真这么干了 然后我躺在那里
No, I did, I did. And so, I’m lying there, like,
多半是睡着了
I must’ve been asleep,
然后我摸了摸鼻子
and you know, and I must’ve gone like this
吓得我大叫”是谁”
and I was, like, “Ah! Who’s in here?”
因为我的手已经彻底没感觉了
Because I couldn’t feel my own hands.
把我吓坏了
I was frightened.
天哪 这是我最开心的一晚
Oh, God. You are a fab… I had the best time tonight.
我也特别开心 -有你陪着我真好 宝贝
It was amazing. – You are a great date, toots.
你也是
Oh, my gosh. You are.
天哪
Lordy, Lordy.
差点忘了 如果你听到这样的声音
Before I forget, if you hear, like, a
绝对不是我
or a it’s not me.
是你梦里的声音
Okay? You’re just dreaming
明白吗
and you’re dreaming. All right?
好了 晚安
Okay. Sweet dreams.
奶奶
Hey, Grandma.
怎么了 宝贝
Yeah, sugar.
我能找个时间
Do you think maybe I could go
跟你一起去犹太教堂吗
to the temple with you sometime?
当然可以
You bet you can.
你真的要来吗
Really? Really?
真的
Yeah.
我们一早就去 我得找找穿什么
We’ll go in the morning. I got to find what to wear.
欢迎
Welcome.
欢迎 -今天我孙女也来了
Welcome. – My granddaughter is here with me today.
安息日平安
Shabbat Shalom.
这是我孙女
My granddaughter. My granddaughter.
拉比:犹太教经师
那是拉比 是全城最优秀的
There’s the rabbi. He’s the best in the city.
两个小时 呼的一下就结束了
Two hours, in and out, bing, bang, boom.
欢迎亲爱的朋友们
Welcome, dear friends.
开始了
Oh, it’s starting.
安息日平安
Shabbat Shalom.
安息日平安
Shabbat Shalom.
就是你好再见的问候语
Shabbat Shalom means “hello,” “goodbye,”
类似于祝你平安
“peace and harmony,” and other stuff.
…感谢上帝
…in thanks to God this morning.
祈祷书翻至26页
We open our prayer books and we turn to page 26.
同意他们与上帝
Agree to the terms
立约的条款
of their covenant with God.
安息日平安
Shabbat Shalom.
真好
Oh, that was lovely.

Oh!
宝贝 恭喜你
Oh, sweetheart. Congratulations.
恭喜你
Mazel tov.
上帝 我也说不清
I don’t know, God.
这里的人都挺和善的 而且我喜欢这里的音乐
The people seem nice and I like the music,
但我觉得我想要的是不一样的东西
but I guess I expected something else?
我也不知道究竟是什么 也许只是一种感觉
I don’t know what exactly. A feeling, maybe?
真不敢相信她没先问问我们
I can’t believe that she took you to temple
就带你去教堂了
without even asking us.
我反而以为她早就会这么做了
I’m honestly surprised it took her so long.
我说过了 这是我的主意
I told you guys that it was my idea.
我只是想去一次试试
I just wanted to try it out.
我也想去基♥督♥教堂试试 妈你别发火
I’m going to try church, too, Mom, so don’t freak out.
我才不在乎什么教堂
I don’t care about church.
我根本就没想让你去教堂
I don’t want you to go to church.
我认为你现在
I don’t think you should be bothering yourself
就不该操心这些东西
with any of this stuff right now.
你说过等我长大了可以自己选择宗教信仰
You said that I can choose my own religion when I grow up.
是说过 但你还没长大呢
Yeah, when you grow up. When you’re an adult.
我已经快12了
I’m almost 12.
马上就成年了 -宝贝 不是的
That’s almost an adult. – Honey, no.
玛格丽特 宝贝
Margaret. Honey.
我不该笑的
I shouldn’t have laughed.
是挺有趣的 -我只是…
It was funny. – I just…
我不想让她经历这些
I don’t want her to go through any of it.
我也不想 但这也未必是件坏事
I don’t either. But it might not be the worst thing.
想想看
Think about it.
什么意思
What does that mean?
就是说…
Well…
她去过几次教堂之后
she’ll go to a couple of endless services
就会发现父母不强迫自己去
and then, she’ll realize how lucky she was
是一件多么幸运的事
we never made her go.
你知道我为什么不再去教堂了吗
Know what got me off going to temple?
为什么 -因为去够了
What? – Going to temple.
你一句话都听不懂
You don’t understand a word they’re saying.
却还要一直坐在那
And you sit there for a long time.
噢 亲爱的
Oh, honey. Oh.
怎么了 -我实在抱歉 我…
What? – I am so sorry. I am…
怎么了 -我保证我马上
What? – I swear I’m going to
就去买♥♥家具
buy the furniture.
这不就很好吗
This is all I need.
看好了
Look at it. And look…
我的天哪
Oh, God!
上哪儿去找有这功能的沙发
Find me a couch that does this.
嗯?