苏丹阿布拉斯柴尔德出生在一个含着金汤匙出生的家庭。
Sultan Abraschild was born he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth…
其他人都有舌头…
everyone else had a tongue…
他就像钥匙孔上的玻璃眼一样没用!
he’s about as useful as a glass eye at a keyhole!
-这就是你对他的看法,是吗?-朋友,如果我是苏丹就好了…
– That’s what you think of him, is it? – Friend, if only I was the Sultan…
如果我是苏丹,你就会明白,是的……
if only I was the Sultan, you’d see, yeah…
也许这就是你的命运……
Perhaps it’s your destiny after all…
你还好吗,Sayyidi?
Are you all right, Sayyidi?
没有更好的。笑话,笑话!来吧,带他去我的宫殿!
Never better. The jest, the jest! Come on, take him to my palace!
——但是,Sayyidi……-哦,摩塞尔,你这干棍子…
– But, Sayyidi… – Oh, Moussel, you dry stick…
你沙漠仙人掌!快点,我等不及要开始比赛了!
you desert cactus! Quick, I can’t wait to start the game!
这是一个恶心的玩笑。
It was a sick joke.
他洗了脸,喷了香水,
He was washed and perfumed,
所以连他妈妈都认不出他。
so that even his mother wouldn’t have recognized him.
大家都记得醒来后该做什么吗?
Everyone remembers what to do when he wakes?
-是的,Sayyidi,但是…-没人破坏我的乐趣。没有人!
– Yes, Sayyidi, but… – No one spoils my fun. No one!
我想要红酒。
I want wine.
不,我不喜欢。
No, I don’t.
这是饮料。我以前做过白天的梦,但是……
This is the drink. I’ve had daylight dreams before, but…
走吧!
Go!
走吧!
Go!
-我在哪里?-在宫殿里,Sayyidi。
– Where, where am I? – In the palace, Sayyidi.
——宫殿吗?——你的宫殿。
– What palace? – Your palace.
我的宫殿吗?我是谁?
My palace? Who am I?
信徒的统帅,世界的君主……
Commander of the Faithful, Monarch of the World…
先知在人间的声音。你是苏丹哈伦·阿布拉斯柴尔德。
the Prophet’s voice on Earth. You are the Sultan Haroun Abraschild.
这是疯狂。
This is madness.
我想和权威人士谈谈。
I want to talk to someone in authority.
你昨晚喝酒喝到很晚,Sayyidi。
You were up drinking late last night, Sayyidi.
它影响了你的记忆力。
It has affected your memory.
我做饮料。我的头确实很糟糕。
I do drink. And I do have a terrible head.
——你的威严。-我是谁?
– Your Majesty. – Who am I?
你是信徒的统帅,世界的君主……
You’re Commander of the Faithful, Monarch of the World…
不,我不是!我是乞丐阿明!
No, I’m not! I’m Amin the Beggar!
这又是Sayyidi开的玩笑吗?
Is this another one of Sayyidi’s jokes?
不,我阿明。阿明的酒鬼。开罗每个酒馆都有人认识我!
No, I’m Amin. Amin the Drunkard. They know me in every tavern in Cairo!
我是你的首相,穆塞尔。你不认识我了吗?
I’m you Grand vizier, Moussel. Don’t you recognize me?
是的。我见过你骑马穿过街道。
Yeah. I’ve seen you riding through the streets.
我是阿布·努兹,过去十年来一直是皇宫卫队的指挥官。
And I’m Abu Nouz, Commander of the Palace Guard for the last ten years.
你为什么说我是苏丹·阿布拉沙尔德?
Why would you say I’m Sultan Abraschild?
-因为你就是。-但我没有!
– Because you are. – But I’m not!
你见过阿布拉斯柴尔德苏丹陛下吗?
Have you ever seen His Majesty, Sultan Abraschild?
——没有。-你怎么知道你不是他?
– No. – So how do you know you’re not him?
因为我我……我了解我自己,不是吗?
‘Cause I’m me… I know me, don’t l?
是酒的问题,Sayyidi。它蒙蔽了你的大脑。
It’s the wine, Sayyidi. It’s clouding your brain.
透过他满是酒渍的脑子里挥之不去的酒精烟雾,
Through the lingering alcoholic fumes in his wine-stained brain,
阿明已经有点倾向于同意穆塞尔大臣和其他人的意见。
Amin was already half-inclined to agree with Vizier Moussel and the others.
整个王宫都同意苏丹的残酷玩笑。
The whole Palace went along with the Sultan’s cruel jest.
他们不得不……如果反对,那就比他们的生命更有价值了。
They had to… it was more than their lives were worth to object.
请肃静,陛下,忠实者的指挥官,苏丹哈伦·阿布拉斯柴尔德,
Pray silence for His Majesty, Sultan Haroun Abraschild, Commander of the Faithful,
世界的君主,地球上先知的声音……
Monarch of the World, the Prophet’s Voice on Earth…
我不是那些东西中的任何一个…我不是指挥官,我不是君主,我不是先知之声,
I’m not any of those things… not Commander, I’m not Monarch, I’m not the Prophet’s Voice,
我也不是苏丹·哈罗恩·阿布拉斯柴尔德!
and I’m not Sultan Haroun Abraschild!
这是Sayyidi的一个笑话吗?
It is one of Sayyidi’s jokes?
不。我只是个从开罗后街来的酒鬼。
No. I’m just a drunk from the backstreets of Cairo.
那为什么整个朝廷都说你是苏丹?
Then why would the whole Court say that you were Sultan?
看看你自己,Sayyidi……那不是酒鬼的脸…
Look at yourself, Sayyidi… that’s not the face of a drunkard…
那是国王的脸!
that is the face of a king!
多年来,阿明想的唯一一件事就是下一杯酒从哪里来……
The only thing Amin thought about for years was where the next drink was coming from…
但一切都变了……他是另外一个人了。
but everything had changed… he was a different man.
还有中国大使的问题……
Then there is the matter of the Chinese Ambassador…
我们已经决定恢复与大汗的谈判…
we have already decided to resume negotiations with the Great Khan…
啊,你说我是苏丹?
Ah, you say I’m Sultan?
你当然是,Sayyidi。
Of course you are, Sayyidi.
我有绝对的权力吗?
And I have absolute power?
君权神授。
By Divine Right.
那就不谈大汗了,
Then instead of talking about the Great Khan,
我们应该谈谈我的人。他们的需求。他们的幸福……
we should be talking about my people. Their needs. Their happiness…
抄写员:我,苏丹·阿布拉柴德,建立新学校……
Scribe: I, Sultan Abraschild, institute the building of new schools…
在每个主要城市。——但是,Sayyidi……
in each of the major cities. – But, Sayyidi…
我们必须商量和考虑这个问题。
we must consult and ponder this matter.
如果我思索,我什么也不会做。
If I consult and ponder, I’ll do nothing.
抄写员另一个命令。
Scribe another decree.
我们将减少人♥民♥的税收……了一半!
We will reduce the people’s taxes… by half!
-但是,Sayyidi,财政部…-能负担得起。
– But, Sayyidi, the Treasury… – Can afford it.
指挥官,你认为军队的工资过低吗?
Now, Commander, do you believe the Army is underpaid?
毫无疑问。我提交的报告表明我们不能指望军队…
Undoubtedly. I have submitted reports indicating we can’t expect troops…
为了保卫国家,即使他们的薪水很低。
to defend the nation if they’re poorly paid.
我接受你所有的建议,指挥官……
I accept all your recommendations, Commander…
我们将从所有军队的工资翻倍开始。
and we’ll start by doubling the pay of all the troops.
我们怎么筹钱呢,Sayyidi?
How will we finance this, Sayyidi?
杜绝一切浪费和铺张浪费。
Cut out all the waste and extravagance…
尤其是在皇宫里。维齐尔,我也读了你的报告。
particularly here in the Palace. Now vizier, I’ve read your reports too.
国家官僚机构需要彻底改革。
The state bureaucracy needs a radical overhaul.
现在,我建议立即把你的想法付诸实践。
Now, I propose to put you ideas into practice immediately.
真是个傻瓜!
What a fool!
我们今天取得的成就比过去几年都要多。
We’ve got more done today than we have in years.
这一次苏丹阿布拉斯柴尔德没有笑。
This time Sultan Abraschild wasn’t laughing.
乞丐阿明非常认真地对待他的角色……
Amin the Beggar was taking his role very seriously…
给幼虫喂蜂王浆…
feed a grub royal jelly…
它会瞬间变成一只帝蝶。
and he will turn into an Emperor butterfly in an instant.
苏丹·阿布拉斯柴尔德现在想把这个笑话讲完。
Sultan Abraschild now wanted to complete the joke.
真是个笑话,嗯?
What a jest, eh?
我怀疑他醒来后会不会喜欢。
I doubt he’ll enjoy it, when he wakes.
我很享受,这才是最重要的。
I enjoyed it, that’s what is important.
再说了,他今天♥权♥力很大。这比大多数人一生得到的都要多。
Besides, he’s had a day of power. That’s more than most get in a lifetime.
你现在要拿他怎么办,Sayyidi?
What will you do with him now, Sayyidi?
把他背。这是笑话最精彩的部分!
Throw him back. That’s the best part of the joke!
这是一个粗鲁的觉醒……
It was a rude awakening…
这是可怕的。
it was terrible.
从极度富裕到极度贫困。
From extreme wealth, to extreme poverty.
这足以让任何人发疯。
That’s enough to send any man mad.
哦,不……不…这是一个梦……
Oh, no… no… this is a dream…
这是一个梦。我是苏丹。
this is a dream. I’m the Sultan.
我是苏丹。我是苏丹。
I’m the Sultan. I’m the Sultan.
我是苏丹。我是苏丹。
I’m the Sultan. I’m the Sultan.
我给订单。我给订单。我给订单。我给订单。
I give orders. I give orders. I give orders. I give orders.
这是恶魔。这是恶魔。
It’s the demons. It’s the demons.
这是恶魔。这是恶魔。
It’s the demons. It’s the demons.
只有疯子才会认为自己是世界的统治者。
Only a madman could think he was ruler of the world.
但对我来说太真实了。如此真实。
But it was so real to me. So real.
但随着时间的流逝,这一切变得越来越不真实。
But it all grew less and less real as the days past.
很快,阿明开始怀疑这事是否发生过。
Soon Amin began to doubt if it had ever happened.
但是命运和苏丹·阿布拉沙尔还没有结束对他的玩弄。
But fate and Sultan Abraschild hadn’t finished playing with him yet.
你应该吃。
You should eat.
我不饿。
I’m not hungry.
保持和说话
Stay and talk
保持和说话。没人愿意跟我说话……
Stay and talk. No one will talk to me…
他们认为我疯了。
they think I’m mad.
是吗?
Are you?
我是。我以为我是苏丹·阿布拉沙尔德……
I was. I thought I was Sultan Abraschild…
长久以来,我一直梦想成为苏丹……
I dreamed of being the Sultan for so long…
这对我来说是真实的。
it became real for me.
你比苏丹·阿布拉沙尔德强吗?
Were you better than Sultan Abraschild?
只有在我的梦里。
Only in my dreams.
谢谢你,朋友,谢谢你……
Thank you, friend, thank you…
谢谢,谢谢。
thank you, thank you.
笑是治疗一切疾病的良药。
Laughter’s the cure for all our ills.
他认为他已经痊愈了。
He thinks he’s cured.
现在你知道他发生了什么事,就可以让他一个人待着了吗,Sayyidi?
Now you’ve found out what happened to him, he can be left alone, Sayyidi?
他认为自己作为一天的苏丹做得很好……
He thought he did a pretty good job as a one-day Sultan…