– 我们会杀了你和希什 – 你们可以试试
– We’ll kill you and Hitch. – You’ll try.
你们宁死也不让我们带走他吗?
You’re willing to die to keep us from taking him?
当然
COLE: Sure.
希什,你也宁愿死吗?
Hitch. You willing to die too?
他当然也是一样 你们觉得我们怕死才这么做吗?
Of course he’s willing to die. You think we do this because we’re scared to die?
你让他们动摇了
HITCH: You got them turned.
他们在和他争论
They’re arguing with him.
你?
COLE: You?
我?
Me?
你怕死吗?
You afraid to die?
– 我不怕 – 好,你第一个死
– I ain’t afraid. – Good, because you go first.
那个戴着红围巾的是下一个
And that boy with the red scarf goes next.
回家去,文斯
You go on home, Vince.
回家去
You go on home.
回去,如果你不回去,会有很多人会死的
Go on. Too many people die if you don’t.
回去,去啊
Go on. Get on.
去,回去,你们所有人,离开这
Go. Get. All of you, get out of here.
– 下次再找你算账,科尔 – 离开这,走,呵!
– There’ll be another time, Cole. COLE: Get out of here, get. Hyah!
呵!
Hyah!
维吉尔?
ALLISON: Virgil?
– 你还好吧? – 嗯,我很好,艾丽
– Are you all right? – Yeah, I’m all right, Allie.
我带你进去
Let’s get you inside.
你做了什么?
What did you do?
– 你在意什么? – 你做了什么?
– What do you care? – What did you do?
我跑了
I ran off.
– 你跟科尔先生说了什么吗? – 没
– You say anything to Mr. Cole? – No.
– 你会说吗? – 不
– You gonna say anything? – No.
不能把那事告诉维吉尔
Virgil couldn’t hear a thing like that.
我也不希望你告诉他
I don’t want him hearing about it from you either.
要是他发觉了,我马上会知道是谁泄露的
He finds out, I’ll know who couldn’t keep her mouth closed.
有很多次你都没让我闭紧嘴巴
There have been a few times when you didn’t want my mouth closed.
如果她告诉他是你干的怎么办?
What if she tells him and says it was your doing?
她为什么会那样做?
Why would she do that?
迟早她会告诉他的
Sooner or later she’s gonna tell him.
– 早上好,蒂尔达 – 早上好,希什先生
HITCH: Good morning, Tilda. – Morning, Mr. Hitch.
不禁注意到你的书,警长
Couldn’t help but notice your books, marshal.
你喜欢爱默生哪点?
What’s the fascination with Emerson?
算不上最好的作家,但他的观点清晰明了
Not the most elegant writer, but he gets his point across.
不过我觉得外行有时候…
Though I’m sure the layman is sometimes a little befuddled…
…会被他意味不明的词汇所迷惑 你怎么说?
…by his obfuscating vocabulary, wouldn’t you say?
我们一直以礼待你,布拉格
We’ve been treating you kindly, Bragg.
相应地,我们希望你该开口时再开口…
In return, we expect you to speak when spoken to…
…否则就乖乖闭嘴
…and otherwise keep your mouth shut.
我想说就说
I can speak if I want to.
只要我们想,维吉尔和我可以 每天早上痛扁你一顿…
Virgil and I can beat the sweet Jesus hell out of you…
…当做我们每天早餐的余兴
…every morning for breakfast if we want to.
克劳德·斯特林格,我是郡长 这是副郡长,查理·图克斯伯里
Clyde Stringer, county sheriff. My undersheriff, Charlie Tewksbury.
– 维吉尔·科尔? – 就在那
– Virgil Cole? – Right there.
一直在等你来,郡长
Been expecting you, sheriff.
克劳德
Clyde.
– 查理 – 早上好
– Charlie. – Morning.
这位是我的副官,埃弗雷特·希什
This fella’s my deputy, Everett Hitch.
我们正好和伊莱亚斯·凯利森法官一起 从雅基坐火车过来
We just came in on a train from Yaqui with Judge Elias Callison.
这位就是我们的证人 以前是布拉格的人,乔·维特菲尔德
This fella here’s our witness. Former hand of Bragg, Joe Whitfield.
– 你要作证? – 是的,先生
– You’re gonna testify? – Yes, sir.
– 如果他没吓死的话 – 我们已经把他关…
– Lf he doesn’t die of fright first. – We been keeping him seque…
关…
Seq…
呃…关…
S… Seq…
我想说什么来着?
What’s the word I’m looking for?
– 关押 – 关押在这里,为了安全起见
– Sequestered. COLE: Sequestered here for safety.
如果需要,审判前查理和我会很乐意帮忙
Charlie and I’d be happy to help till the trial’s over if you need it.
你们只管放手去做吧
Might just take you boys up on that.
– 早上好 – 早上好,绅士们
– Good morning. – Good morning, gentlemen.
去遛马吗?
RAINES: Going for a little buggy ride?
是啊,我和弗伦奇夫人去转转
Yeah, me and Mrs. French are gonna do a little perambulating.
雷恩斯先生,梅先生
HITCH: Mr. Raines, Mr. May.
早上好,埃弗雷特
RAINES: Morning, Everett.
弄到好东西啦
Got your goodies.
– 你一定会驾马车吧? – 会…
– Sure you can handle this rig? – Well…
你认识他们吗?
You know them?
谢尔顿兄弟
COLE: The Shelton brothers.
– 他们的工作跟法律有关? – 跟枪有关
HITCH: They do law work? COLE: They do gun work.
– 他们是好人? – 非常厉害的人
– They good? – They’re excellent.
和你我一样行?
Good as you and me?
没错
Don’t know that they ain’t.
都没有跟班
Don’t appear to be heeled.
呃…
Well…
很久没见了,维吉尔
It’s been a long time, Virgil.
– 林 – 还记得我兄弟吗?
– Ring. – You remember my brother?
– 玛奇 – 维吉尔
COLE: Mackie. – Virgil.
请你喝一杯吧?
Can I buy you a drink?
你们还在做?
Are you still doing that?
我们不做了
Well, we ain’t.
这是我的副官,埃弗雷特·希什
This is my deputy, Everett Hitch.
你使枪和维吉尔一样行?
You as good as Virgil with a gun?
维吉尔是我见过最行的
I never seen anybody as good as Virgil.
– 可你没说你不行 – 不谈了,实话我都说了
– But you ain’t saying you ain’t as good. – Not discussing it, truth be told.
你和玛奇在镇上做什么?
What are you and Mackie doing in town?
每个人都随处可去,对吧,玛奇?
Everybody’s gotta be somewhere, don’t they, Mackie?
你们有一个审判,一个大审判,想来看看
You got a trial coming up, a big one. Might wanna take that in.
我喜欢公正的审判
I like a good trial.
早上好
ALLISON: Good morning.
这是弗伦奇夫人
This is Mrs. French.
夫人好
Ma’am.
先生们好
Gentlemen.
谢谢
Thank you.
你们以前来过我管辖的城镇
Well, you boys been in my towns before.
你们知道规则
You know the rules.

Come on.
有段时间没驾过了
Haven’t done this for a while.
我一直以为维吉尔会找妓♥女♥和印第安女人
I always figured Virgil for whores and squaws.
她什么都不是
She’s neither.
我该死
I’ll be damned.
你要的话我们可以试试
COLE: We can try if you wanna.
接下来发生了什么?
What happened next?
布拉格先生用他的温斯特枪打死了副警长
Mr. Bragg shot the deputy dead with his Winchester.
你是个该死的骗子!
You’re a goddamn liar!
再那样失控,布拉格先生…
One more outburst such as that, Mr. Bragg…
…我就会许可斯特林格郡长 用一切他认为合适的方法…
…and I will give Sheriff Stringer the authority to shut you up…
…让你闭嘴
…in any manner he sees fit.
我最尊敬的法官大人 这是置我的委托人于危险中
With all due respect, Your Honor, my client’s life is on the line.
他没有危险,律师
His life is not on the line yet, counselor.
他会有机会说话的,坐下
He’ll have his chance to speak. Sit down.
继续说,孩子
Go ahead, son.
然后布拉格先生又开枪打了 贝尔警长和另一个副警长
Then Mr. Bragg shot Marshal Bell and his other deputy.
你亲眼看到了吗,孩子?
You saw this happen with your own eyes, son?
是的,法官大人
Yes, sir.
谢谢,维特菲尔德先生
Thank you, Mr. Whitfield.
穆勒先生,你可以讯问证人了
Mr. Mueller, you may cross-examine the witness.
上帝保佑你,你愿意发誓 所述一切属实,绝无虚言吗?
WALLIS: You swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
我愿意发誓
VINCE: I do.
好吧,苏利文先生,你有什么要辩护的吗?
Well, Mr. Sullivan, what have you got to say for yourself?
杰克·贝尔及其副官 从未出现在布拉格先生的农场里
Jack Bell and his deputies never came up to Mr. Bragg’s ranch.
我不知道维特菲尔德在说什么
I don’t know what Whitfield’s talking about.
你们刚刚已经说过了
That’s the same thing all of you have said.
除了“杰克·贝尔及其副官 从未出现在布拉格先生的农场里…
Does anybody have anything different to say other than:
…以及我不知道维特菲尔德在说什么”外
“Jack Bell and his deputies never came up to Mr. Bragg’s ranch…
…还有人要说其它的吗?
…and I don’t know what Whitfield’s talking about”?
你可以下去了
You may step down.
没必要重复同样的事来浪费时间
Well, no reason to waste time saying the same thing over and over again.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!