西贡
Saigon.
妈的
Shit.
我还是在西贡
I’m still only in Saigon.
每次醒来 总以为重返森林
Every time, I think I’m gonna wake up back in thejungle.
我第一次回家时 情况最糟
When I was home after my first tour, it was worse.
醒来后 发觉只是噩梦一场
I’d wake up, and there’d be nothing.
我几乎没和妻子说话
I hardly said a word to my wife
直到答应离婚才说了个 是
until I said yes to a divorce.
当我在战场时 很想回家
When I was here, I wanted to be there.
当我在家
When I was there,
又想着回到森林
all I could think of was getting backinto thejungle.
我已回来一星期了
I’m here a weeknow.
等待任务
Waiting for a mission…
意志消沉
getting softer.
我留在房♥间越久 只会越软弱
Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker.
越共留在森林越久
And every minute Charlie squats in the bush,
就越强悍
he gets stronger.
每次环顾四周
Each time I looked around,
墙壁似乎分秒迫近
the walls moved in a little tighter.
每个人都有愿望
Everyone gets everything he wants.
我渴望任务
I wanted a mission…
真是咎由自取 他们给了我一个
and for my sins, they gave me one.
像客房♥服务般交给了我
Brought it up to me like room service.
威尔德上尉 你在吗?
Captain Willard? Are you in there?
在! 我就来
Yeah, I’m comin’.
这真是项艰巨的任务
It was a real choice mission.
当完成它后
And when it was over,
我绝不想再有第二个
I’d never want another.
有何贵干?
What do you want?
你没事吧 上尉
Are you all right, Captain?
我像有事吗?
What does it look like?
-你是威尔德上尉吗? 505营? -没错
-Are you Willard, 505th Battalion? -AffiIrmative.
-第173空降部队? -是的
-1 73rd Airborne? -Yeah.
-隶属特种部队? -把门关上!
-Assigned to SOG? -Hey, buddy, gonna shut the door?
我们奉命送你去机场
We have orders to escort you to the airfiIeld.
什么罪名?
What are the charges?
-我犯了什么事? -你没犯事 上尉
-What’d I do? -There’s no charges, Captain.
让你向老川的情报处报到
You have orders to report to Com-Sec Intelligence at Nha Trang.
-你看 -没错吧!
-I see. -All right?
-派我去老川? -是的
-Nha Trang, for me? -That’s right.
上尉 你有几个小时收拾行李
Come on, Captain. You still have a few hours to get cleaned up.
-我不太舒服 -上尉?
-I’m not feeling too good. -Captain?
戴夫 过来帮把手 他烂醉如泥
Dave, come here and give me a hand. We got a dead one.
来吧 上尉 冲个凉
Come on, Captain. Let’s take a shower.
-别乱来 -扶稳他
-Don’t be an ass. -Get a hold of him good.
我们帮你冲凉 上尉
We’re gonna take a shower, Captain. In we go.
站在这下面 上尉
Stand underneath this, Captain.
我要去世上最凶险的地方
I was going to the worst place in the world…
当时却一无所知
and I didn’t even know it yet.
花数星期 逆流而上数百公里
Weeks away and hundreds of miles up a river…
在战火中迂回前行 就像一条主电缆
that snaked through the war like a main circuit cable…
直插向库尔兹
plugged straight into kurtz.
上校的回忆录传到我手上
It was no accident that I got to be the caretaker…
绝非偶然
of Colonel Walter E. kurtz’s memory–
正如我回到西贡一样
any more than being back in Saigon was an accident.
他的故事 有一部份关于我
There is no way to tell his story without telling my own.
若他的故事是真实告白
If his story is really a confession–
威尔德上尉报到 长官
Captain Willard reporting, sir.
我的也是
then so is mine.
-上尉 很好 进来吧 -谢谢 长官
-Captain. Good. Come on in. -Thank you, sir.
稍息
Stand at ease.
将军
General.
抽烟吗?
You want a cigarette?
不了 谢谢 长官
No, thank you, sir.
上尉 你以前见过这位先生吗?
Have you ever seen this man before?
-没有 -见过将军或我吗?
-No, sir. -Met the general or myself?
从未私下会面 长官
No, sir.Not personally.
你经常单独行动 是吗?
You’ve worked a lot on your own?
是的 长官
Yes, sir, I have.
报告上说你擅长 情报工作和反间谍
Your report specifiIes intelligence…
替情报一处工作
counterintelligence with Com-Sec, ”I” Corps.
我不能透露行动内容
I’m not presently disposed to discuss those operations, sir.
你在情报一处 不是为中情局效力吗?
Did you not work for the CIA in ”I” Corps?
不是 长官
No, sir.
你没于1968年6月18日
Did you not assassinate a government tax collector…
在广储县暗♥杀♥政♥府♥税务人员吗?
Quang Tri Province, June 1 8, 1 968?
上尉?
Captain?
长官 我不知道任何类似事件或行动
Sir, I am unaware of any such activity or operation–
就算知道 也不能透露
nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation…
有关行动的一切 长官
if it did, in fact, exist, sir.
我们边吃边谈吧
I thought we’d have a bite of lunch while we talk.
希望你胃口好 上尉
I hope you brought a good appetite, Captain.
我注意到 你一只手不方便
I notice that you have a bad hand there.
受伤了?
You wounded?
休假时钓鱼弄伤的 长官
I had a little fiIshing accident on R and R, sir.
-休假时去钓鱼? -是的 长官
-Fishing on R and R? -Yes, sir.
身体好了吗? 准备好执行任务了?
But you’re feeling fiIt? You’re ready for duty?
是的 将军 准备好了
Yes, General. Very much so, sir.
看看有什么 烧牛肉
Well, let’s see what we have here, roast beef,
通常还不错
and usually it’s not bad.
吃吃看 杰瑞 传一下
Try some,Jerry, and pass it around.
两边一起传 省点时间
To save a little time, we might pass both ways.
上尉 吃这虾吗?
Captain, I don’t know how you feel about this shrimp…
若你吃下
but if you’ll eat it
足见你胆识过人
you’ll never have to prove your courage in any other way.
我也要一块
I swear, why don’t I just take a piece here?
上尉 你听说过沃特库尔兹上校吗?
Captain, you’ve heard of Colonel Walter E. kurtz?
是的 我听过这名字
Yes, sir, I’ve heard the name.
天呀!
Oh,Jesus!
第五特种部队作战指挥
Operations offiIcer, Fifth Special Forces.
卢克 放录音带给上尉听
Luke, would you play that tape for the captain, please?
-好的 长官 -仔细听 上尉
-Yes, sir. I’m sorry, sir. -Listen to this carefully, Captain.
10月9日 4:30 防区彼得 域陀 阿甘
October 6, 0430 hours, sector Peter, Victor, king.
在柬埔寨监听到的
These were monitored out of Cambodia.
证实是库上校的声音
This has been verifiIed as Col. kurtz’s voice.
我看见一只蜗牛
I watched a snail…
爬在剃刀边缘
crawl along the edge of a straight razor.
这是我的梦
That’s my dream.
噩梦
That’s my nightmare.
爬动 滑行
Crawling, slithering…
在剃刀
along the edge…
边缘
of a straight razor…
活生生的
and surviving.
接收编号♥11 68年12月30日 5时
Transmission 1 1, received ’68, December 30, 0500 hours.
防区阿甘 祖路 阿甘
Sector king, Zulu, king.
但我们必须杀死它们
But we must kill them.
把它们烧成灰
We must incinerate them.
一只接一只的猪
Pig after pig.
一只接一只的牛
Cow after cow.
一个接一个的村庄 一支接一支的军队
Village after village. Army after army.
他们称我是杀手
And they call me an assassin.
真是五十步笑百步
What do you call it when the assassins accuse the assassin?
他们说谎
They lie.
他们说谎 而我们对说谎者
They lie, and we have to be merciful…
还得仁慈
for those who lie.
那些个富豪
Those nabobs.
我讨厌他们
I hate them.
我很讨厌他们
I do hate them.
沃特库尔兹 是本国培育出的
Walt kurtz was one of the most outstanding offiIcers…
最优秀的军官之一
this country’s ever produced.