你觉得他这次是认真的吗?
Think he means it this time?
我们将会看到。
We’ll see.
别开枪!
Hold your fire!
-在他再次发动战争之前干掉他。-再见,亲爱的。
– After him before he starts the war again. – Noche, hondo.
韦德尔先生,也许你的名字能上报纸。
Mr weddle, maybe you can get your name in the papers.
——马赛。-回到属于你的地方去。
– Massai. – Get back where you belong.
你看到杰罗尼莫手里的和平烟斗了。
You saw the peace pipe in Geronimo’s hands.
他不能代表我说话。我记得还有一些人投降了。
He does not speak for me. I remember others who surrendered.
像牛一样被运到一个叫佛罗里达的遥远地方,一去不复返。
Shipped off like cattlle to a faraway place called Florida, never to return.
-但至少你还活着,马赛。-你管这叫生活?
– But at least you would be alive, massai. – You call that life?
如果一个阿帕契人不能生活在他祖先生活过的地方,他就已经死了。
If an apache cannot live where his forefathers did, he is already dead.
现在回你该去的地方去!
Now get back where you belong!
保持下来。
Stay down.
枪声停止了,他们就在附近。
Firing stops, they are close by.
把它收起来。
Put that away.
你想让我们杀了你,是吗,马赛?
You want us to kill you, don’t you, massai?
站在你那些嗜血的弟兄面前,让他们歌♥颂你,以你的名义发动另一场战争。
Out here in front of all your bloodthirsty brethren, so they can sing your praises and start another war in your honour.
死得很甜蜜,对吧,马赛?
That’d be a sweet death, wouldn’t it, massai?
战士之死。
A warrior’s death.
但你已经不是战士了。你只是个被鞭打的印第安人,没人会唱什么手铐。
But ou’re not a warrior an more. Y you’re just a whipped injun, and nobody sings about handcuffs.
把他带走,韩兜。
Take him along, hondo.
“你要执行以下命令:
“You will carry out the following orders:
由于杰罗尼莫第三次带领他的战士离开保留区,造成了大量的流血事件,由奈尔斯将军指示杰罗尼莫和他的战士们在1886年4月4日这一天被运送到佛罗里达州的马里昂堡。”
Inasmuch as Geronimo has led his warriors off the reservation for the third time, causing much bloodshed, it is directed by general niles that Geronimo and said warriors be transported to fort Marion, Florida, on this day, April 4th 1886”.
为什么不让我们和他们一起死?
Why don’t you let us die with them?
没有人会死。佛罗里达不是月亮。
Nobody’s going to die. Florida’s not the moon.
对阿帕契人来说,这和死亡无异。
For an apache it is the same as dying.
高兴点,桑托斯。杰罗尼莫走了,你就是主任。
Cheer up, Santos. With Geronimo gone, you’ll be chief.
敬老人和男孩。
To old men and boys.
22、3……他们渴了。但他们不会从士兵那里拿水。
22, 3… They are thirsty. But they will not take water from a soldier.
好的,nalinle,继续。
All right, nalinle, go ahead.
47…别担心,桑托斯。
47… Don’t worry, Santos.
也许她已经准备好了去马赛,但任何一个年轻人都要花大价钱嫁给那样的人。
Maybe she has got her cap set for massai, but any young buck’d pay a big price to marry somethin’ like that.
足以让你在水深火热中度过余生。
Enough to keep you in firewater the rest of your life.
-今天天气真好,兄弟。-是啊,我会想他们的
– It’s a great day, sieber. – Yeah, I’m gonna kinda miss em.
有钱的人知道自己有工作要做。
A man knew he had a job to do when them bucks were around.
你给了他什么?
What’d you give him?
他有刀!
He’s got a knife!
我认识杰罗尼莫,在他们这么大的时候就选了。
I knew Geronimo and chochise when they were that buck’s age.
还有一个同类。一匹真正的野马阿帕奇。
There’s another one of the same breed. A real bronco apache.
不要管它。
Leave it alone.
放松点。我们只是停下来喝点水。
Take it easy. We’re just stoppin for water.
等我们到了佛罗里达再告诉你。
We’ll tell you when we get to Florida.
-这些人想要照片上报纸。-是的,先生。
– These men want pictures for the paper. – Yes, sir.
-窗帘放下来干什么?-安全措施。
– What are the blinds down for? – Safety measure.
他们不知道窗外是什么样的世界。
They have no idea what sort of world there is outside the windows.
即使是阿帕奇也害怕未知。
Even apaches are scared of the unknown.
你真该看看他们听到圣路易斯喧闹时的样子。
You shoulda seen em when they heard the racket in st Louis.
离家两千英里,我会害怕的。
I’d be scared, 2,000 miles from home.
-哪个是杰罗尼莫?-这里,就在这里。
– Which one’s Geronimo? – Here, right over here.
他是西部最后的战斗首领,但我们把他的实力削弱了。
The last fighting chief of the west, but we cut him down to size.
-他为什么戴镣铐?-最后一个投降的。
– What’s he in irons for? – The last one to surrender.
-好吧,我们开枪吧。-等等。等待。等一下。
– Ok, let’s shoot the pair. – Oh, wait. Wait. Wait a minute.
最好把这些熨斗盖起来,不然会有老太太尖叫的。
Bettler cover up these irons for the picture, or we’ll have some old ladies screaming.
放松点,孩子们。放松点。
Take it easy, boys. Take it easy.
你最好打开其中一扇窗户。
You’d bettler open one of those windows.
-大家都出去。-就这样,孩子们。
– Everybody off. – That’s all, boys.
-我们还有时间再做一个。-对不起。
– We have time for one more quick one. – I’m sorry.
-只有杰罗尼莫和你-我和格罗…哦,好吧。
– Just Geronimo and you. – Me and gero… Oh, well.
-我能说你抓住他了吗,韦德尔先生?-我叫维德尔。
– Can I say you captured him, mr weedle? – Weddle’s the name.
是的。是的,你可以说我尽了我的责任。
Yes. Yes, you can say I done my duty.
-请上车!-好了,伙计们,走吧。
– All aboard! – All right, boys, let’s go.
如果你这样走,会快一些。
If you leave that way, it’ll be quicker.
好吧,来吧。在这东西开动前加快速度。
All right, come on. Speed it up before this thing starts movin’.
火!火!
Fire! Fire!
去拿你的晚报吧!去找你的信使!
Get your evenin paper! Get your courier!
去拿你的晚报吧!在这里获取新闻!
Get your evenin paper! Get your news here!
让你的晚上快递员!去拿你的晚报吧!
Get your evenin courier! Get your evenin paper!
在这里获取新闻!
Get your news right here!
请再说一遍。
Pardon.
获取新闻!拿你的晚间报纸……
Get your news! Get your evenin paper…
嘿,这是什么主意?把那个放回去。
Hey, what’s the idea? Put that back.
一定有一场大火。
There must be a big fire.
啊,晚上好。
Ah, good evening.
晚上好。
Good evening.
晚上好。
Good evening.
看看,听听这个时代的奇迹,伙计们。
See and hear the wonder of the age, folks.
我们还有风琴、管乐器和♥弦♥乐器。这种方式。
We also have organs, wind and string instruments. This way.
跟着领导走。这种方式。跟着领导,伙计们。
Follow the leader. This way. Follow the leader, folks.
-他在这里做什么?-他被那个小杂种吓坏了。
– What’s he doin’ here? – He’s scared 0′ that iittlle muttl.
干掉他,流浪者。把他撕碎!
Sic him, rover. Tear him up!
嘿,看看那些鹿皮鞋。
Hey, look at those moccasins.
-你是印度人吗?-当然他是印度人。
– Are you an Indian? – Sure he’s an Indian.
-你从哪儿来的,傻♥逼♥?-那是在下雨!
– Where you from, sittlin’ bull? – That’s rain-in-the-face!
-他想回保留地去。-有什么好大惊小怪的?他做了什么?
– He wants to go back to the reservation. – What’s the fuss about? What’d he do?
那只小狗让你受不了吗?
That iittlle dog too much for you?
-嘿,他戴着手铐-干掉他,流浪者。把他撕碎!
– Hey, he’s got handcuffs on. – Sic him, rover. Tear him up!
来吧!
Come on!
警♥察♥!警♥察♥!警♥察♥!
Police! Police! Police!
你会杀一个兄弟吗?
Would you kill a brother?
-你是哪个部落的?——切罗基。
– What tribe are you? – Cherokee.
这是切罗基族的土地吗?
Is this the land of the cherokee nation?
是的,它被称为俄克拉荷马州领土。
Yes, it is called Oklahoma territory.
-你是哪个部落的?——Apache。
– What tribe are you? – Apache.
Apache。阿帕奇的国家很远。
Apache. The apache country is far away.
但我们可以在屋里谈。
But we can talk in the house.
我看过那所房♥子。这是一个白人的房♥子。
I have seen the house. It is a white man’s house.
这是我的房♥子。
It is my house.
没关系。他很快就会发现我们是朋友。吃点东西。
It’s all right. He will soon see that we are friends. Get some food.
我明白了。你杀了白人,抢了他的房♥子。
I understand. You killed the white man and took his house.
切罗基人和白人住在一起。没有区别。
Cherokees and white men live side by side. There is no difference.
你看到了什么?我们甚至养了同一只鸟。
You see? We even keep the same bird.
如果切罗基人和白人一样,那他就是马赛人的敌人。
If the cherokee is like the white man, he is massai’s enemy.
-我不是任何人的敌人。-那切罗基是个女人!
– I am the enemy of no man. – Then the cherokee is a woman!
我不是女人。我的族人曾多次与白人作战,但总是被赶到西部,先是从一个叫卡罗莱纳的地方,然后到田纳西,最后到俄克拉荷马。
I am no woman. My people have fought the white men many times, but were always driven west First from a place called Carolina, then to the land of the Tennessee and then at last to Oklahoma.
但在这里,我们的首领变得聪明起来。
But here our chiefs grew wise.
他们没有战斗,也没有逃跑。
They did not fight and they did not run.
-乌龟也不知道。-你怕乌龟吗?
– Neither does the turtle. – Are you afraid of the turtle?
那就把刀收起来。
Then put your knife away.
吃了。
Eat.
你不必害怕食物。
You needn’t be afraid of the food.
你的脚又冷又流血。
Your feet are cold and bleeding.
-热点水。-你得把桶装满。
– Heat some water. – You will have to fill the bucket.
你有个女人…你还挑水?
You have a woman and… Yet you carry the water?
有些白人的生活方式很艰难。
Some of the white man’s ways are hard.
没有人,即使是阿帕契人,也不能悄悄地打开那扇窗户。
Nobody, not even an apache, could open that window quietly.
-我必须回到我的族人那里。-你在这里可以有自己的生活。
– I must get back to my people. – There could be a life for you here.
在保留地什么都没有,即使你能到那里。
On the reservation there’s nothing, even if you can get there.
我会到那里的。
I will get there.
那就拿着这个。
Then take this.
我有食物。
I have food.
我明白了。这是他利可的谷种。
So I see. But this is seed corn of tahlequah.
如果你是聪明的,你会种植它,而不是吃它。
If you are wise, you will plant it, not eat it.
阿帕奇人是战士,不是农民。-你见识过白人的世界。
– Apaches are warriors, not farmers. – You’ve seen the world of the white man.
他们的数量就像树叶。它没有教会你什么吗?
Their numbers are like leaves of the trees. Has it taught you nothing?
战士的时代结束了。我们切罗基人曾经和阿帕奇人一样。
The warrior’s day is over. Once we cherokees were like the apaches.
猎得好的时候我们大吃了一顿。天气不好的时候我们饿死了。
We feasted when the hunting was good. We starved when it was bad.
但是白人一年四季都有吃的,因为他自己种植食物。
But the white man ate the whole year round because he raised his own food.
我们发现,只有像白人那样生活,我们才能和他生活在一起。
We found we could live with the white man only if we lived like him.
你也可以这样对待塔利夸的粮食和你的人♥民♥。
You can do the same with the corn of tahlequah, and your people, too.
至少从门口走,而不是窗户。