这是嘉莉
This is Callie.
嗨 嘉莉 你一定是主人了
Hi, Callie. And you must be the owner.
My baby. Yes, I am.
我叫阿黛儿欧格斯
Well, I’m Adele August. Hello.
这是我的孩子 海瑟
And this is my baby, Heather.

Hi.
抱歉 我能帮助你吗
Realtor: Excuse me. Can I help you?
我知道我们应该预约
I know we should have an appointment,
但是我的丈夫 即将来加州大学洛杉矶分校 进行医学实验工作
but my husband will be practicing medicine at UCLA.
离这儿只有几分钟路程啊
That’sjust a few minutes from here.
没错,我们刚好开车路过
Exactly, so we were driving by,
就停下来了
and wejust had to stop.
如果您能带我看看这房♥子
I would be so grateful
我将感激万分
If you would let us see the house.
你介意吗
Do you mind?
不会.欢迎,
Not at all. Please, come in.
这是我的名片
Here’s my card.
关于房♥产的
Here’s a setup on the property.
Thank you.
这房♥子建于1920年代
The house was built originally in the 1 920s,
完全保持了它的原貌
so it maintains all its original integrity.
你还可以烧壁炉
You also have a wood-burning fireplace here.
这儿还有7个壁炉
There are 7 in the entire house.
好多灯啊, 看这些灯
There is so much light. Look at this light.
这是个幸福的房♥子
Owner: It’s a very happy, happy house.
幸福的房♥子 对吗 – 是的
So happy, isn’t it, Heather? – Happy.
还有一个美丽明亮的卧室
And here we have a beautiful bright bedroom.
那是游泳池
And you can see the pool from here.
好漂亮的主人卧室
Oh, it’s a lovely master suite, isn’t it?
不 这是我女儿的卧室
No. This is my daughter’s bedroom.
她去上大学了
She’s away at college now.
她去哪儿上学了
Oh. Where is she going?
东部的常春藤大学 普林斯顿
Back East. Princeton, actually.
我也想回东部学校读书
I want to go to college back East.
你一定很想念她
You must miss her terribly.
我们都为她骄傲
But we’re so very proud.
你♥爸♥下周会来
Well, Daddywill be here next week.
我想他来看看这个房♥子
I reallywant him to see this house.
来看看主人卧室吧
Let me show you the master bedroom right now.
那儿有一个很棒的储藏室
It’s got a great his-and-herwalk-in closet.
还有舒服的杰酷喜按♥摩♥浴缸
It also has a fantastic Jacuzzi tub.
Adele: I love aJacuzzi.
[Line Rings]
[Ring]
您好
Benny: Hello.
好啊 怪才
[Quietly] What’s up, pervert?
你是谁
Who is this?
奇才
It’s hot stuff.
是安
Ann.
嗨 班尼
Hey, Benny.
你在哪
Where Are you?
在别人的卧室里打电♥话♥
Making a highly illegal phone call in somebody’s bedroom.
你在做什么
What Are you doing right now?
哈尔带我们去公园了
Hauser’s taking us to the park.
他买♥♥了辆新卡车
He got that new truck.
为什么说这么小声
Why Are you whispering?
你到底在哪
Where Are you?
外婆怎么样了
How’s Grandma?
她很好 你说你在别人卧室里 是什么意思
Fine. What did you mean you’re in someone’s bedroom?
我会写信告诉你
I’ll tell you when I write you another letter.
你收到我上封信了吗
You get my last one?
是的 我都收到了
Yeah, yeah, I got ’em all.
我喜欢她把你赶下车那部分
I like the one where she kicked you out ofthe car.
她真的做了?
She really did that?
她太疯狂了
She’s crazy. She still is.
我想也许我会在她熟睡时 将她杀死的
I think I might kill her in her sleep.
海瑟
Adele: Heather.
我得走了
I have to go.
海瑟安
HeatherAnn.
哦 太好玩了
Oh, that was so much fun, wasn’t it?
你为什么要告诉那位女士我们要买♥♥♥房♥♥子?
Why’d you tell that lady that we’d buy the house?
我说也许会
I said we might buy the house.
我爸会来 他还是个医生
That my father’s coming, that he’s a doctor.
是位心脏病专家
Cardiologist.
难以置信
I couldn’t believe you.
你在他们女儿房♥间里做什么
What were you doing
up in the daughter’s room all that time?
给班尼打电♥话♥
Calling Benny.
什么
What?
Ann!
我必须告诉她
I had to tell her that your father
你那个医生爸爸 会去看♥房♥♥子
the doctorwas coming because a woman like that
因为她的钱 是她的丈夫给她的 不然她会认为
who gets all ofher money from her husband, she’s not gonna believe
单凭我买♥♥不起这房♥子
a woman like me can afford a house like that.
噢 好像你买♥♥得起样子啊
A woman like you can’t afford a house like that.
你可连一间浴室都买♥♥不起
You can’t even afford the bathroom to that house.
要乐观
Be optimistic
别消沉
don’t you be a grumpy
当道路有坎坷
When the road gets bumpy
请微笑 微笑
Just smile, smile, smile
快乐地微笑
And be happy
早安 阿黛儿
Morning, Adele.
早安 乔治
Morning, George.
大古力水坝 你去过那儿吗
Grand Coolie Dam. Ever been there, Adele?
没有
Nope.
胡佛大坝
Hoover Dam?
No.
我对这些水坝不感兴趣
I’m not really into dams.
我会找个律师
Girl: I am gonna get a lawyer
控告你侵犯我的隐私
and sue her for invasion ofprivacy,
所以 不要再偷看我的日记了 妈妈
so get your nose out ofmy diary, Mother.
酷毙了 我还从未想过该那么做
That’s so cool. I’d never think ofthat.
那她说了什么吗
Did she say anything?
以后再没看过我日记了
She played dumb, but she never did it again.
我只希望父母给我点空间
I wish my parents wouldjust leave me alone.
我喜欢独处
I love being alone.
我等不及房♥子没人了
I can’t wait for the house to be empty.

Hi.
嗨 彼德
Hey, Peter.
你跑得不错啊 姿势正确
You run good. Got good form.
是的
Yeah.
今天天空万里无云啊
There’s not a cloud in the sky today, huh?
你读过迪黑斯艾略特诗人的作品吗
Hey, you ever read T.S. Eliot?
什么
What?
四首四重奏 很棒
4 Quartets. It’s really good.
你为什么要带着本书跑步
Why Do you run with a book?
也许 为了平衡吧
I don’t know. Balance, I guess.
这是卡里巴水坝
George: Here’s the Kariba Dam.
它阻挡来自尚比西河的河水
It impounds the Zambezi River,
由此形成了卡里巴湖
forms Kariba Lake.
不错啊
It’s nice. – Hmm.
I went there.
大学毕业后 我去过那儿 并把它画了下来
After college. I painted a picture ofit.
你画这些水坝
You painted pictures ofdams?
Mm-hmm.
这曾经是我的梦想 周游世界并将世界
That was my dream… To travel the world
画下来
and paint pictures.
后来呢
Hmm. What happened?
我不知道
Hmm. I don’t know.
从一座水坝到另一座水坝
One damn thing led to another damn thing.
Ha ha!
I don’t know.
最后我成了个历史老师
I don’t know. I became a history teacher.
但是 过去那些时光
But one ofthese days, I’ll…
那些日子
One ofthese days…
哦 天啊 离开我的车
Oh, my God. Get away from my car!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!