Ted is going to be an ice skating instructor
一个溜冰教练
for the rest ofhis life.
而班尼只会是个技工
Your cousin Benny is going to be a garage mechanic.
萝莉会在银行服务一生
Lolly is never going to leave the bank.
你的表弟哈尔只会喝酒
Your cousin Hal’s already drinking liquor.
在贝城 思儿薇雅和她的小孩
And Sylvia and the baby can barely breathe.
被压得喘不过气来
They’re gonna suffocate back there,
现在 我在洛杉矶的学区
but I now have ajob teaching
找到一份工作
in the Los Angeles school system.
在贝城的中学教书
I have an M.A. in early education
简直浪费了
which I havejust thrown away
我的文学硕士学位
in that dinkjunior high school back there,
所以 忘了野牛
so you forget about the buffalo
和印第安人吧
and the goddamn Indians.
你漂亮 有潜力
You are a beautiful girl with great potential.
我不想你在一个小城
I’m not gonna see your future as some nothing girl
荒废一生
in a nothing factory in a nothing town.
你14岁了
You are 1 4 years old,
你有得吃
you’ve always had enough to eat,
有得住 跟着我
you’ve always had a roof over your head,
你就会永远有依靠
and if you stickwith me, you always will,
因为我是你妈
because I am your mother,
而且我也清楚 什么对你来说是最好的
and I know what is best for you
因为这是我 身为人母的职责
because that is myjob.
而且 你将会在比佛利山上学
Plus you’re gonna go to school in Beverly Hills,
那可是全美最好的学区啊
which is only the best school district
在那儿
in the United States.
你还是个孩子时
And you’ll be a child actor
你就会成为明星了
while you’re still a child.
你在洛杉矶学区 根本没找到工作
You don’t have ajob in the Los Angeles school district.
我会找到的
I will have.
我得到了面试的机会 并且已经准备充分
I have an interview and a great outfit.
饿吗
Are you hungry?
不知道 – 什么
[Mumbles] – Excuse me.
我 不 知 道
I don’t know.
好 我也不知道
Great. So am I.
那么
So…
看看那台车
Will you look at that car?
那是你见过的
Is that the most beautiful automobile
最漂亮的车吧
you’ve ever seen?
不是 我讨厌那车子 我更想念那辆普利茅斯车
No. I hate that car. I miss the Plymouth.
孩子 没人喜欢普利茅斯车
Baby, nobody misses the Plymouth.
这是你的了
It’s your color.
当然 不是吗
Yeah, it is, isn’t it?
看看这车
Oh, look at this.
多漂亮
It’s so beautiful.
感觉如何
Man: How does it feel?
棒极了
Sublime.
妈妈 我们买♥♥不起这车子
Mom, we can’t afford this car.
我有些储蓄
We have some money in savings,
我会在我的退休基金里找点钱
and I can dip into the teachers’ retirement fund.
这车不属于贝城
This car does not belong in Bay City,
我们也不属于贝城
and neither do we.
[Laughs]
我们要开车去比佛利山
We’re going to drive to Beverly Hills
in this car.
妈妈 这是个奢侈的地方
Ann: Mom, this place looks expensive.
这个不用你来操心
Adele: I’ll worry about that, ok?
我们终于到比佛利山了
Now that we’re in Beverly Hills,
也许你该有个新名字 海瑟
maybe you should change your name to Heather.
空气真不错
Mmm, it smells so nice here.
这房♥间多少钱
How much is the room?
1200美元
It’s 1 ,200.
一晚吗
A night?
是的
Yes.
我拿不定主意 也许这房♥子不够大
I don’t know that it’s large enough.
你们现在有空的别♥墅♥吗
Do you have anyvillas?
现在没有
There are no villas available right now.
妈 我困了
Mom, I’m tired.
今晚我们到底要睡哪呢
Where are we gonna sleep tonight?
[Sirens Approaching]
甜心
Adele: Sweet pea,
你和这些电视上的女孩 一样漂亮
you arejust as pretty as these girls on TV.
我认为你更漂亮
In fact, I think you’re prettier.
[Knocking On Door]
宝贝 你还好吗
Sweetie, Are you all right?
你在卫生间里 待了一个小时了
‘Cause you’ve been in there for over an hour.
那好吧 呃
Ok, well…
我要去睡觉了
I’m gonna go to sleep now.
我想你最好早点睡
And I think maybe you should soon,
因为你需要好好休息 好吗
because you need your beauty rest, ok?
好 晚安
Ok. Good night.
我想念贝城的一切
Ann: I miss everyone in Bay City so much.
没有表哥班尼
I don’t know how I’m going to survive
我不知道该怎样生活下去
without my cousin Benny.
还有我最好的朋友
And my best friend,
我的小玛莉
good little Mary.
玛莉 班尼和我
Serious Mary, Benny, and I.
我们三个是密不可分的
We were inseparable.
Adele: Benny!
我为你做了这个
I made this for you.
是锡做的
Say good-bye to your cousin!
我在它的一面涂了金粉
It’s tin and painted on one side with gold dust.
不是真的金粉
Not real gold dust.

Ann!
我们得走了
We’re ready to go!
这是你要的饼干和三明治
Where do you want the cookies and the sandwiches?
哦 妈妈 谢谢
Oh, Mom, thanks. I’ll take them.
你没有把所有的饼干都给她 是吧
You didn’t give her all the cookies, did you, Lillian?
不要忘了在路上 给我们打电♥话♥
Don’t forget to call us from the road.
你们可以来看我们
You’re gonna come visit.
我已经找到一间 有三个卧室的房♥子了
I’m gonna find an apartment that’s got 3 bedrooms.
她不可能找到地方的
She doesn’t even have a place to live.
不要担心了 妈
Stop worrying about it, Mom.
她连工作都不可能找到
If you knew for sure there was ajob out there…
她在学校已经找到工作了啊
She’s got the school job.
不 她没有
Oh, she has no such thing.
她在与人通话时 说漏了嘴
She talked to somebody on the telephone.
你什么时候 才可以信我一回呢
When are you gonna start having some faith in me?
当你实话实说时
When you begin to see things as they are.
别被人骗了
Don’t take anywooden nickels, Adele.
好的
Right,Jimmy.
谢谢
Ok, thanks.
抱歉 泰德
Sorry, Ted.
我会写信的
I’ll write.
安 快点 不然我就不带你走了
Ann, come on! I’m gonna leave without you!
班尼
Benny!

Jimmy: Ben!
记得把你给我拍的
I hope you destroyed those pictures
那些内衣照毁了
you took ofme in my underwear.
已经毁了 我保证
I did, Mary, I promise.
Ok.
走吧 我们会在路上 打电♥话♥回来的
Let’s go. We’ll call from the road.
我爱你 我也爱你 外婆
I’ll miss you, too, Grandma.
照顾好自己
Take care of yourself.
安 如果有溜冰场
Ann, here. Just in case you find
你也许会用得着
a skating rink out there.
谢谢 泰德
Thanks, Ted.
我爱你 你是最好的继父
I love you. You’re the best stepdad a girl could have.
You’ll always be with me
Always be with me
Part ofmy heart
Once I’m where I’m going
Look away
Even ifit’sjust in my mind
这儿有一个
Oh, here’s a good one.
带游泳池 储藏室

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!