make life easy for you.
他会带你去音乐中心
He’s going to take us to the Music Center.
看歌♥剧
The opera.
我喜欢歌♥剧
I love the opera.
[Wheezing Laugh]
他不回我电♥话♥了
He never returned my call.
[Sighs]
我不明白
I didn’t understand.
哦 老天 生活真糟糕
Oh, God, life is so shitty.
整个世界都这么糟
The whole world is so shitty.
现在我是比佛利山的无业游民
Beverly Hills, what a bummer.
[Taps Pen Twice]
但是
But…
那又怎样
so what?
如我爸常说的那样
Like my daddy always used to say…
要乐观
Be optimistic
别消沉
don’t you be a grumpy
当道路有坎坷
When the road gets bumpy
请微笑 微笑 快乐地微笑
Just smile, smile, smile and be happy
别拉长着脸
Don’t wear a long face
这永远不会流行
It’s never in style
乐观积极 笑对生活
Be optimistic and smile
[Door Slams]
妈妈
Mom?
Mom?
我很抱歉 但是你得明白
I’m sorry, But you have to understand
我在试镜
I wasjust doing an audition.
试镜就在眼前 我没准备
Itjust came out. I didn’t plan it.
我不是有意这样做来伤害你的
I didn’t do it to hurt your feelings.
你不该在那儿
You weren’t supposed to be there.
我叫你不要去的
I told you not to come.
我压根不想去试镜
I didn’t even want to go to the audition.
你让我在朋友面前 丢尽面子
You embarrassed me in front ofmy friends.
我不知道该说些什么
I don’t know what to say.
只好说在生活中 发生过的事
Itjust…Itjust happened.
他们让我
Theywanted me to…
没人知道那是你
Nobody would even know it was you.
你知道吗 我一觉醒来 但我并不想去试镜
I wake up and I don’t even want to be here.
谁能忍♥受得了你
Who would want to be with you?
你只是个疯狂的
You’rejust a crazy, middle-aged,
中年失业教师
unemployed schoolteacher
还需要孩子来帮你
with…with a child to support.
为什么我们的生活不能正常点
Why can’t our livesjust be normal?
你知道吗 有时候我很害怕
You know, I get so scared sometimes
我想去找我爸爸
I want to go find my father.
你应该去找你父亲
You should find your father.
也许他能让你过正常的生活
Maybe he can giveyou a normal life.
嗨 雷特怀小姐 我是安欧格斯
Hi, Miss Letterfine? It’s Ann August.
我很好
I’m all right.
Um…
我很抱歉这么晚还来打扰你
I’m sorry to disturbyou so late,
我妈在你那儿吗
but is my mom there?
Oh.
不在 我呃
No. I…
她出去有一会了
Well, she left a little while ago
我只想知道
and I wasjust wondering.
算了
Never mind.
抱歉打扰你
I’m so sorry to botheryou.
好
All right.
拜
Bye.
[Door Opens]
[Door Closes]
我们没有说话
Ann: We didn’t speak.
[Door Closes]
我们再没有谈起 那天发生的事
Ann: We’ve never spoken about that day.
我妈把房♥子刷成桔色
Now my motherwas trying to cover up her feelings
试图掩盖她的感受
with orange paint.
我如此孤单
I felt so alone.
我想外婆
I miss Grandma.
我想班尼
I miss Benny.
我一直在想念班尼
I never stop missing Benny.
那就去打电♥话♥啊
Go on.Just call.
你不是想打嘛
You know you want to.
你知道他的号♥码
You’ve had his number forever.
你有权打电♥话♥给你父亲
You have a perfect right to call your own dad.
我打赌他肯定是个好人
I bet he’s a really nice person
对一直没能联♥系♥你
andjust feels guilty
深怀愧疚
and hasn’t had the nerve to contactyou.
行动吧
Do something.
他毕竟给你留下个幸运符
After all, he did giveyou that rabbit’s foot
提醒你偶尔想起他
to remember him by.
我来打
I’ll do it.
不
No.
我来 没事的
It’s ok.
我来拨号♥ 你说话
I’ll dial and you talk, ok?
不要犹豫了
Ann,just get it overwith.
不要担心
Don’t worry.
没事的
It’s gonna be ok.
[Dialing]
不要担心
I’m sorry.
通了 不要挂电♥话♥
It’s ringing. Don’t hang up.
不要挂电♥话♥
Don’t hang up! Ann!
不要挂
Don’t hang up.
哈罗
Man: Hello?
哈罗
Hello?
是巴德先生吗
Mr. Badir?
是的
Yes?
是西沙姆巴德吗
Is this…Is this Hisham Badir?
是 你是哪位
Yes. Who is this?
我是安
This is Ann.
谁
I’m sorry?
你的女儿 安
Your daughterAnn.
哈罗
Hello?
哦 安
Wow. Ann.
你好吗
How Are you?
还好 有点惊讶
I’m ok. A little taken by surprise.
我想见你
I’d really like to see you.
Ohh…
爸爸
Dad?
我还没准备好见你
I wasn’t exactly ready for this.
你觉得我能见你吗
Do you think I could see you?
我听说你再婚了
I heard you were married again.
你听说了
Where did you hear that?
贝城有人告诉了吉米叔叔
Someone in Bay City told UncleJimmy.
你有孩子吗
Do you have any children?
是的 有一个女儿
Yes. A daughter.
我有个妹妹
I have a sister?
她叫什么名字
What’s her name?
妲玛拉
Tamara.
今年9岁
She’s…She’s 9.
那么
So, uh…
妲玛拉知道我的存在吗
Does Tamara know about me?
你有想过我吗
Do you ever think about me?
安
Ann…
你需要我帮你什么吗
Do you need me to help out in some way?
什么
What?
你缺钱花
Do you need some money?
我没想说那些
That’s…That’s a terrible thing to say.
我只想和你说说话
I…I just wanted to talk to you.
你是我的生父
You’re my father, and…
我以为我能见你
I thought maybe I could see you.
我以为是你妈要你打电♥话♥
I thought perhaps your mother asked you to.
她没有要我做任何事
My mother didn’t ask me to do anything.
为什么这么说
Whywould you say that?
你也该了解你妈妈
You know your mother.
是的 我了解 但给你打电♥话♥并不是向你要钱
Yes, I do know my mother, and this isn’t about your money.
她对此毫不知情