日本摇滚巨星盛会
1984年夏天
许多世界著名摇滚乐队现身日本
这些乐队继续数以百万计的发行唱片
除了…
铁砧乐队
我记得第一次听《重中之重》的感觉
I remember the first time I heard metal on metal.
(马尔康姆·多姆 金属锤杂♥志♥)
你真该听听 真是棒极了
You gotta hear it. it’s so heavy.
比以往你听过的任何重金属音乐都棒
It’s heavier than anything you’ve ever heard.
当铁钻乐队第一次登台的时候 那感觉就是
When anvil first showed up on the scene, it was like, “fuck!
(拉斯·乌里希 金属乐队)
这太酷了 是种宣言
“this is cool. this is a statement.”
不夸张的说
Like, literally,
这些人将会颠覆音乐界
These guys are going to turn the music world upside down.
看到他们让我们很有危机感
Seeing them was like a challenge to us to say,
(斯科特·兰 炭疽乐队)
要是不如他们
“well, if we can’t be better than that,
就只能卷铺盖走人
Then we should just go home.”
他们是伟大的乐队
They’re a great band, yeah.
(兰尼 机械头合唱团)
我一直很喜欢铁砧乐队 我支持他们
I always liked anvil. they got my vote.
(马尔康姆·多姆 金属锤杂♥志♥)
如果只能选择一支乐队和一张专辑
If you actually had to choose one band and one album
做为新纪♥元♥的标志
That really started the whole ball rolling,
那就是铁砧乐队和《重中之重》
It would be metal on metal and it would be anvil.
(拉斯·乌里希 金属乐队)
只要听到铁砧乐队 就能感受到音乐
The minute you heard anvil, the minute you heard the music,
只要看到他们演出
The minute you saw the pictures,
就能感受到背后的故事
The minute you heard the story,
可以说这就是真正的音乐
You could tell that this was the real deal.
(斯莱史 枪炮与玫瑰乐队 丝绒左轮乐队)
铁砧乐队是真正能够
Anvil was one of those bands that just
上演激♥情♥现场秀的乐队之一
Put on this really amazing live performance.
主唱利普斯
Lips, the singer,
曾经带着马具出场
Used to come out with this bondage harness on
他还曾拿着假阴♥茎♥
And he used to come out
弹他那把V形电吉他
With this dildo and play his flying v.
这真是太疯狂了
I mean, it was just complete insanity,
也正因如此才让我们这群孩子神魂颠倒
And that’s why it was such a huge turn-on for us kids.
这些我们从未见过
It was like something we’d never seen before.
(汤姆·阿♥拉♥亚 杀手乐队)
他们是拍击和速度重金属摇滚乐风格
They were thrash, man. They were a fast band.
在一年前人们还只知道那四大乐队
And you’re talking about a year before the big 4,
杀手乐队 金属乐队
Slayer, metallica,
炭疽乐队和麦格代斯
anthrax and megadeth.
(强尼·Z 金属/炭疽/铁砧乐队 经纪人)
那专辑中有一种声音
There’s a certain sound that comes from that album
成为如今所有重金属乐队
That has become one of the basic
争相效仿的范本
Formulas for any heavy metal record made today.
拿罗伯·赖纳来说
We were talking about Robb Reiner, like,
就能力来讲
He was by far
他是迄今为止最好的金属乐鼓手
the best metal drummer out there, in terms of his ability.
他是那种让人惊叹的人
He was the guy. there was a “holy shit”.
他们都很好 乐队里没有坏人
They were all good. there wasn’t a bad guy in the band.
他们所做所为都不错
They were all great at what they did.
他们本来能有更大成就的
They should have made it a lot bigger.
我不明白
I don’t really understand the reason why.
为什么有时生活对你那么残酷
Sometimes life deals you a tough deck.
我不知道发生了什么
I don’t know what happened.
为什么他们会销声匿迹
Why did they just fall off the radar?
真的不清楚
I really have no idea.
必须有天时地利才行
You have to be at the right place at the right time.
这是关键
That’s the whole thing.
若没天时地利
If you’re not at the right place at the right time,
你永远不会成功
you will never do it.
我不知道是不是因为加拿大人的某些特性
I don’t know if there was an isolation thing
产生了隔离感
Because of the canadian element, or whatever,
但是有些东西
But something didn’t translate
阻止他们迈向下个台阶
All the way up to the next level.
之后他们没有
They never really got the respect
得到应得的尊重
That they deserved after a while
因为他们带给每个人极大的影响力
Because, as big as an influence as they had on everybody,
每个人似乎都趁火打劫
Everybody just sort of ripped them off and then, sort of,
落井下石
Just left them for dead.
铁砧乐队传奇
加拿大 多伦多
这是一天的开始 通常是7点
This is where it begins. basically, it’s 7:00.
不知道他们今天有什么菜
I’m not sure what they’re serving up today.
(斯蒂夫·库德洛 别名利普斯)
可能是 我也不知道
It’s probably, I don’t know.
周而复始 极少改变
From week to week, it slightly changes.
每天就是调整了顺序的菜单而已
Every day it’s a different menu but in different orders.
比如 这一周先是披萨 后是肉馅土豆饼
Let’s say one week they have pizza, shepherd’s pie,
下一周
And then the next week
就变成先肉馅土豆饼 后是披萨
They’ll have shepherd’s pie, then pizza.
就是顺序不一样而已
You know, put it out of order,
和上周的顺序不一样
Out of the order from the week before.
如果他们刚巧做了肉馅土豆饼
If they happen to make shepherd’s pie
或类似的东西
Or something like that,
他们就会在下周的今天做烘肉卷
This week they’ll make meatloaf next week on that day.
就是这些东西的组合 烘肉卷 肉馅土豆饼
They’ll rally between meatloaf and shepherd’s pie
或者加土豆泥的肉丸
Or meatballs with mashed potatoes.
视情况而定
You know, just depends.
儿童餐饮服务
安大略 斯卡伯勒
-真不敢相信 你这么愤世嫉俗 -那二十块钱呢
– I can’t believe it. you’re so cynical. – Where’s the 20 bucks?
今天按周一的作息
Today is a monday schedule, which is,
要把香蕉装车
They have to put bananas in all the deliveries.
架子 路线 汽车 司机各10个
You see, there’s 10 racks, 10 routes, 10 vans, 10 drivers
我就是10名司机之一
And I’m one of those 10 drivers.
干过这些乱七八糟的事
For all this horrible shit that I’ve got to go through,
才觉出铁砧乐队带给我的欢乐
I’ve got anvil that gives me my happiness
真的很快乐
And it works out really good,
因为虽然乐队不给我工资
Because even though anvil doesn’t give me pay,
它却给了我
It gives me the joy and the pleasure
生活中不可缺少的愉悦和快乐
That you need to get through life.
在我看来
The way I look at it, really,
事情不会再糟了
Is that it could never be worse than what it already is.
如果事情不能变好 那是注定的
If it never got better, that’s the way it is.
你懂我的意思吗
You see what I’m saying?
所以事情只会变得更好
So, the only way that it could really… it could only get better.
不可能发生更糟的事情了
It can’t get worse from whatever’s going to happen.
不可能的
There’s no way.
但另一方面 如果变得更坏
But, on the other hand, if it did get worse, at least, this time,
至少这次是经过了所有努力
After all’s said and done,
我可以说 我们尽力了
I can say that all has been said and done.
而不是 我还有许多事情没做
Instead of, “i’ve left a whole bunch of things undone
我没能做那个 我没能做这个
“and I wasn’t able to do that and I couldn’t do this
我没那么干 我本该这么做
“and I didn’t do that and I should have been this way
我本可以如何如何
“and I could have been that way.”
至少 这一次
At least, this time,
我会做一切可以促使成功的事情
I’ll do everything that it possibly takes to get there.
从心底感受到真正的成功
To make the success happen and feel it from internally this time.
-乐队怎么样 -很好
– How’s it going with the band, man? – Great, man.
(罗布·赖纳 鼓手)
我们在制♥作♥新专辑
We’re writing our new album.
我情愿登台也不愿做这个
Fuck, I’d rather be on a stage than doing this, you know.
目前 这是我的目标
At the moment, it gives me purpose.
是我心理治疗的一部分
It’s part of my psychoactive therapy sessions.
医生说我恢复得不错
And my doctor says I’m doing well, you know.
就是这样 但是让我再次登台
So, that’s it. but, yeah, give me another stage and another party
我会很开心
And I’m really happy.
安大略 伊陶碧谷
里普斯50岁生日
我喜欢娱乐 这是我生命的一部分
I love to entertain. it’s part…. it’s in my soul.
没什么比和歌♥迷们在一起更好了
Nothing is like being in the face of your fans.
就是此刻 是美妙的时刻
There’s a moment, and there are actual beautiful moments,
感人的时刻
Human moments, where you’re actually,
你和喜欢你的人共处一室
You’re in the same room as the people that love you.
多伦多 你好
Hello there, toronto!
科特·鲁兹 铁砧乐队歌♥迷

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!