我们打算去凯里环
We’re going to the Ring of Kerry.
凯什么?
The what?
凯里环 一个地名
The Ring of Kerry. It’s an area.
特拉利
Tralee,
– 峡谷湾 – 多好呀
– Dingle Bay. – Oh, lovely.
你以前去过吧?
You’ve been there before, haven’t you?
– 那是多尼戈尔 – 哦
– That was Donegal. – Oh.
地理学家站在海滩上
The geologist stands on the beach
面朝峭壁 背对大海
with his back to the sea and looks at the cliffs
地理学家的老婆也站在海滩上
whilst the geologist’s wife stands on the beach
可她是面朝大海 背对峭壁
with her back to the cliffs looking at the sea.
你看 我买♥♥不起车 也没钱度假
You see, I can’t afford to buy my car and have a holiday.
可一旦我有钱了 两样就都妥了
But, if I had more money, then I could do both.
可一旦你有车了 就哪都能去了
But when you’ve got your car, Mary, you’ll be able to go wherever you want,
– 多合情合理 – 你说的没错 汤姆
– very reasonably. – Exactly, Tom.
这就是为什么我想买♥♥辆车
That’s exactly why I’m getting it.
我只是想逃离这里 是吧 杰莉?
You see, I like just taking off and escaping, don’t I, Gerri?
我觉得自己要变成另一个人了
I feel like I’m being somebody else.
– 是吗? 谁? – 汤姆!
– Really? Who’s that, then? – Tom!
我想坐火车…
I like to get on the train…
可是车比火车便宜啊
But, you see, the car is cheaper than the train, isn’t it?
如果不考虑环境问题的话
Not environmentally.
你什么意思?
Oh, what you mean?
那些是我的碳足迹
Those are my carbon footprints, Gerri.
我知道
Yes, I know.
从经济角度来说 车便宜
Financially, cars are cheaper.
这就是为什么大家都不愿意坐火车
That’s why there’s no incentive to go by train.
那飞机呢?
Well, what about the airlines?
政♥府♥都不愿意提高飞机燃油税
No government wants to increase the duty on aviation fuel.
当然不
No.
然后呢 又不投资建铁路
And this government won’t invest in the railways,
我们能做的对他们来说只不过是沧海一尿
so anything we do is a piss in the ocean.
的确是
Absolutely.
还有很多大型的企业
And then there’s the big corporations,
那些空荡荡的写♥字♥楼♥整夜都灯火通明
who keep their lights on all night in empty office blocks.
而政♥府♥却希望我们尽公民义务去用节能灯泡
We’re all expected to do our bit with eco bulbs.
就是说嘛
I know.
我还应该继续支持回收吗 杰莉?
Should I stop recycling, then, Gerri?
– 不 – 你已经树立个榜样了
– No. – You’ve got to set an example.
– 对 – 种点西红柿
– Yeah. – Plant a few tomatoes.
和西葫芦
And courgettes.
实际上我很环保的
I am very environmentally friendly, actually.
– 你? – 是啊
– Are you? – Yeah.
我不坐飞机
I don’t fly.
我住的也不是那种奢侈的豪♥宅♥
I don’t live in a house that’s more than I need.
我不做饭
I don’t cook.
– 有人给你做 – 谁啊?
– Other people cook for you, though. – Who?
你叫外卖♥♥不是吗?
You get takeaways, don’t you?
那不算 谁都叫外卖♥♥
That doesn’t count. Everybody gets takeaways.
汤姆 你可是建高速的
You’ve built whole motorways, Tom.
那可一点都不环保
How environmentally friendly is that?
是的!
Exactly!
会有越来越多的车 至少我会买♥♥辆二手车
More cars! More cars! At least I’m buying an old car.
– 回收利用 – 对
– Recycled. – Yeah.
然而人们对新车的消费
Yet we’re constantly told that the measure of a thriving economy
可以带动经济繁荣发展
is the sale of new cars.
是这样 可是汤姆…
Yes, but, Tom…
…如果我买♥♥新车…
…if I buy a new car…
…就又多了一辆车了
…that’s another car.
一点都没错 玛丽
You’re absolutely right, Mary.
你想喝咖啡吗?
And would you like some coffee?
不了 谢谢
No, thank you.
和平时一样
I’d like my usual.
你还好吧 杰莉
Are you all right, Gerri?
我很好
Yes, Mary, I’m fine.
你怎么样?
How are you?
我很快乐
I’m happy.
那就好
Good.
我只想说…
I just wanted to say…
…如果你想倾诉的话…
…that if you ever need to share anything…
…随时来找我
…l’m here for you.
我是个很好的倾听者
I’m a very good listener.
谢谢你 不过我没事
Thank you, Mary, but I’m fine.
嗯 我知道
Yeah, I know.
你是个好人 玛丽
It’s very kind of you, Mary.
哦 杰莉
Oh, Gerri.
每个人都需要有个倾诉的对象 是吧?
Everybody needs someone to talk to, don’t they?
是 我们都需要
Yes, Mary, they do.
好吧 勇往直前
Oh, well, onwards and upwards.
你在这儿睡吧
You’d better stay the night.
不 不
No. No.
别嘴硬了
Well, I think you should.
好吧 杰莉 听你的
All right, Gerri, you’re the boss.
给你找个T恤
We’ll find you a T-shirt again.
你真好
Will you?
给你找了个牙刷
I’ve found you a toothbrush.
有时我纳闷他在做什么
I sometimes wonder what he’s doing.
是否有替我想过 我打赌他想过
If he thinks about me. I bet he does.
他多大了?
How old was he?
他6♥4♥了
He’ll be 6♥4♥ now.
6♥4♥? 比我都老
6♥4♥? Blimey, he’s older than me.
– 都能领养老金了 – 他早就能领了
– Almost a pensioner. – He’ll be past it now, Mary.
– 把手给我 – 不 汤姆
– Give us your hand. – Oh, no, Tom.
他很可爱
He was lovely.
我们都会变老
Well, we all grow old.
可他非常非常性感 杰莉
Oh, no, but he was very, very, sexy, Gerri.
你懂我的意思吗?
Do you know what I mean?
能理解成好多意思
Too much information.
我保证他内心深处充满懊悔
I bet he regrets it deep down.
但愿如此
I hope he does.
他是我的最爱…
He was my big love…
…可他已经结婚了
…but he was married.
汤姆 你能怎么做呢?
Well, what can you do, Tom?
你不可能平时走路时带着个标签
You can’t walk around with a label saying,
上面写着 “已婚 请勿爱我”
“Don’t fall in love with me, I’m married,”
对吧?
can you?
这就是为什么大家要戴婚戒
Some people wear a ring.
他没戴
He didn’t.
可他不是坏人
But he wasn’t a bad person.
他爱我
He loved me.
在我看来他是个大骗子
Sounds to me like he was a duplicitous shit.
汤姆?
Tom?
你觉得是我的错吗?
Do you think it was my fault, Tom?
不是的
No, I don’t, Mary.
说实话
Honest.
一个巴掌拍不响
It takes two to tango.
那你觉得是我的错喽?
Oh, so you think it was my fault, Gerri?
– 我没那样说 – 我知道你没说
– I didn’t say that. – No, I know you didn’t, really.
都怪我太大意了
I blame my big heart.
总归 我们要做出一些决定 对吧?
Well, we all have to make choices, don’t we?
可为什么我总选错?
Why do I always get it wrong, Gerri?
我和那个混♥蛋♥离婚时发生的那叫什么事啊
I mean, look what happened when I got divorced from that shit.
我居然让他给耍了
I let him palm me off
就用了区区5000磅…
with 5,000… nothing pounds
现在我得到了什么?
and what am I left with now?
什么都没有
Sod all.
天天呆在这么个租的小公♥寓♥里
I’m living in a poky rented flat
以我这个年纪难道不该有自己的房♥子吗?
when I should have my own home at my age.
不公平
It’s not fair.
擦
Bastard.