化油器也…
My carburettor went.
不能把它给卖♥♥你的人吗?
You can’t take it back to the guys you got it from?
他们只保修三个月 不管部件 该死的
No. They’d guarantee the labour for three months, but not the parts. Bastards.
反过来说不是吗?
Other way round, isn’t it?
管三个月的零部件 不包括维修
Parts for three months, not labour.
不可以
No.
哦不 你是对的
Oh, yeah, that’s right.
我糊涂了 反正…雨刷被偷了
Oh, I don’t know. Anyway… my windscreen wiper got ripped off.
因为超速被扣了三分 每次还罚款60英镑
I got three points for speeding, at £60 each.
也就是说 现在我的驾照上被扣9分了
So, I’ve got nine points on my driving licence.
– 没错吧 杰莉? – 没错
– Haven’t I, Gerri? – Yes.
这个车啊一直发着搞笑的声音
It keeps making funny noises.
我都没停在双黄线上 就被拖走了
I got towed away and I wasn’t even parked on a double-yellow line.
有7张罚单了… 不 是九张
I’ve got seven parking tickets… no, nine parking tickets.
之后…
And then…
去布赖顿的高速上还抛锚了
I broke down on the motorway on the way to Brighton
于是我被拖到了克拉雷镇
and I got towed to Crawley,
那儿是我最不想去的地方
which is the last place I want to go,
我从小在那儿长大 烦死了
because I grew up there and I hate it.
我不得不搭火车回家 第二天来了一辆
So, I had to get the train home and then the train back to Crawley the next day
有个人一直摸我
and the guy kept trying to touch me up.
花了我近500磅也没能在布赖顿过上周末
It cost me nearly £500 and I never even got my weekend in Brighton.
那可是我的暑假啊
That was supposed to be my summer holiday.
是啊
Yes.
– 真不公平 是不是? – 确实
– It’s not fair, is it? – No.
– 别想了 – 过来坐吧
– Well, never mind. – Come and sit down, Mary. Relax.
– 嗯 谢了 – 至少你现在在这里
– Yeah, thanks, Joe. – At least you’re here now, eh?
– 你叫什么来着? – 凯蒂
– What did you say your name was? – Katie.

Oh.
好消息是我们给你做了个蛋糕
Well, the good news is, Mary, I’ve made a cake in your honour.
多谢了 杰莉
Oh, thanks, Gerri.
知道你要来 她特意烤的蛋糕
She knew you were coming, so she baked a cake!
– 别忘了给我份菜谱 – 绝对不会忘
– Don’t forget to give me the recipe. – No, I won’t forget, Katie.
– 你还没尝呢 – 闻起来就不错
– You haven’t tasted it yet. – Oh, it smells nice.
我不介意也拿份菜谱 还从没烤过蛋糕呢
Yeah, I wouldn’t mind having the recipe for that. I’ve never baked a cake before.
– 没问题 – 你可以切一块儿带走
– Of course you can. – You can have a cake-off!
希望很渺茫啊 我曾经试着做一个水果蛋糕
Oh, I don’t think so. I tried making a fruit cake once.
所有的东西都沉底了 那叫一个恐怖
Everything sank to the bottom. It was horrible.
你做饭很好吃
You’re a good cook.
谢谢
Thank you.
– 这一对怎么样? – 真是个惊喜啊
– What about these two, then, Mary? – Such a surprise.
这个坏蛋居然把这位年轻的小姐
This monster hid this young lady
藏在起居室门后
behind the sitting-room door.
我都跳起来了
Made me jump.
可怜的汤姆差点被我吓出心脏病
I nearly gave poor Tom a heart attack.
她通过了考验
She passed the test.
你居然通过了 我就应该在现场消灭你
Surprised you passed the test. I’d have got rid of you on the spot.
你就是这么恐吓客人的吗?
A terrible way to treat someone.
– 唉 – 我们没什么主意了
– Yeah. – We had absolutely no idea.
– 我的大秘密 – 哦 多谢了
– My big secret. – Oh, thanks very much.
多严肃的问题
It’s obviously serious.
不管怎么说 看见你们真好 午餐很美味
Still, it’s been really good to meet you both, though, and we had a lovely lunch.
你们吃午饭了?
You didn’t say you were having lunch.
每天都要吃午饭那
We have lunch every day.
我知道你们每天都吃
I know you have lunch every day, Joe.
面包奶酪
Bread and cheese.
– 没什么特别的 – 我觉得挺特别的
– Nothing special. – I thought it was special.
吃的是汤姆和杰莉摘回来的西红柿
We had some tomatoes from Tom and Gerri’s allotment.
你吃过没?
Have you tasted them?
吃好多次了 杰莉总送我东西 是吧?
Loads of times. Gerri’s always giving me stuff, aren’t you, Gerri?
– 我给你装点回家 – 好啊
– I’ll give you some to take home, Mary. – Oh, great.
我可以坐地铁带回去
Oh, yeah, I can take them on the tube.
你做什么的 杰奇?
So, what is it you do, then, Jackie?
凯蒂
Katie.
凯蒂
Katie.
没关系 我是个职业咨♥询♥师
Don’t worry. An occupational therapist.

Oh.
她看护老人和中风患者
She looks after stroke victims and the elderly.
而且…我也在克劳伊登布长大
And… I grew up just
就和你隔一条马路
down the road from you, in Croydon.
我上大学才去那儿的
I only went to college in Croydon.
哦! 哪个大学?
Oh, right. Which college?
克劳伊登布大学
Croydon College.
恰如其分的名字啊
The aptly named.
你学什么专业? 秘书?
So which course did you do? Secretarial?
你为什么认为我是个秘书?
What makes you think I’m a secretary?
你不是吗?
Well, you are, aren’t you?
– 杰莉说… – 没错
– Gerri said… – Yes.
嗯…
Well…
我读完了硕士 辅助医生做事
I got my diploma. I look after the doctors.
那很好啊
Oh, brilliant.
你们两个一起工作很久了吧?
So have you two worked together for a long time?
哦 有20年了吧?
Ooh, about 20 years, haven’t we, Mary?
有了
Yeah.
– 乔十岁就认识玛丽了 – 不会吧!
– Mary’s known Joe since he was ten. – No way!
我打赌玛丽肯定知道你很多糗事
I bet you’ve got some embarrassing stories.
实际上挺多都是好事
I’ve got some really nice stories, actually.
我们有很多美好的回忆对吧?
Joe and I have shared some really special moments, haven’t we?
– 是啊 – 只属于我们的秘密
– Yes, Mary. – It’ll just have to be our secret, won’t it?
就像他小姨一样亲
She’s almost like an auntie to him.
我可不那么想
I wouldn’t say that.
可我们都那么觉得
Well, we think of you as his auntie.
玛丽阿姨
Auntie Mary.
多温馨那
I think that’s really sweet.
– 谁想要蛋糕? – 给我点吧
– Right. Who wants some cake? – Yes, please.
玛丽阿姨
Auntie Mary.
谢谢
Thanks, Joe.
谢了 妈
Thanks, Mum.
照顾老人肯定很无聊吧
It must be really boring looking after old people.
没有啊 我很喜欢
No, I love it.
渐渐地 越来越了解他们…
You get to know them really well and, well…
…有一天我们也会变老 不是吗?
…we’re all going to be old, one day, aren’t we?
但愿一直好运
Touch wood.
有些人已经是了
Some of us already are.
我们也照顾老人不是吗?
We look after old people, don’t we, Gerri?
不 和她不一样
No, not in the same way.
味道真好
Amazing cake.
谢谢
Thank you, Katie.
好啦
Right.
什么时候再来啊
We’ll see you when we see you.
– 应该会很快 – 谁知道什么时候
– Soon. Hopefully. – And you’ll never know when.
没准下次你就藏在库房♥里
Probably find you hiding in the shed.
或者埋伏在浴室里
Or lurking in the bathroom.
– 或者在厕所下面 – 好主意!
– Or down the toilet. – Oh, nice!
一定要来吃晚饭那
You must come to supper.
那就麻烦你们了
Yes, please.
我听说你们都是大厨 别有压力哈
I hear you’re both excellent cooks. No pressure.
汤姆做咖喱烧饭很拿手
Tom makes a mean curry.
我爱死咖喱了
Oh, I love curry.
约时间吃饭又不犯法
Well, there’s been no litigation to date.
那我可试试喽
I’ll take my chances, then.
– 晚点和你说 – 拜
– I’ll speak to you later. – Bye.
– 再见 – 再见 小心点儿
– See you, boy. – Bye-bye. Take care.
– 多谢了 – 谢谢你的花
– Thank you so much. – Thank you for the flowers.
别客气 很高兴见到你们
A pleasure. Lovely to meet you.
我们也是
You, too.
玛丽 再见 很高兴见到你
Bye, Mary. Really nice to meet you.
祝你早日解决车的问题
Hope you get your car sorted out.
– 再见 凯蒂 – 再见
– Bye, Katie. – Bye.
– 再见 – 下次见
– Bye. – See you soon.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!