伦敦大学附属医学院
At the Royal Free.
不错的地方啊
That’s a great hospital.
– 相当好了 – 具体哪个部门?
– It’s pretty good. – Do you specialise?
老年人护理和中风康复
Yeah. Care of the elderly and stroke rehab.
直人康复是什么?
What’s straight rehab?
是中风康复
Stroke rehab.
你快聋掉了
You are going deaf.
哦 中风康复 我以为你说的是直人康复
Oh, stroke rehab. I thought you said straight rehab.
直人康复是什么?
What’s straight rehab?
帮同志转直的?
What, for gay men who are on the turn?
还是给曾经试图做同志的直人
Or straight men, who tried being gay,
进行康复治疗帮他们转回去?
but want to be rehabilitated into straight.
乔说你是个心里顾问
Joe tells me you’re a counsellor, Gerri.
对 为了赎我的罪
Yes, I am, for my sins.
可回到家来
But it’s great to come home
满载着成就感还是挺棒的不是吗?
and feel like you’ve made a contribution, isn’t it?
那当然
Yes, of course.
有时也不尽然 取决于案子
Or not, as the case may be.
我相信你做出了贡献
Oh, I’m sure you contribute.
不是我哦 我说的是你做的治疗工作
Not me. I’m talking about you lot in the caring professions.
– 于我可没什么 – 不用你说
– I don’t care. – We know.
顽固的人
Hard man.
我知道你是个地理学家 具体是干什么的?
And I know you’re a geologist, Tom, but what exactly do you do?
严格意义上讲 我是建筑地理学家
Ah, yes. Strictly speaking, I’m actually an engineering geologist.
– 就是说我… – 他挖洞
– Which means that I… – He digs holes.
– 我研究… – 你挖洞
– I investigate… – You dig holes.
好吧 我是挖洞的
All right. I dig holes.
就是传说中的铁锹吗?
That’s just calling a spade a spade, isn’t it?
我一直叫它铲子
I always call it a shovel.
我允许你叫它叉子
You call it a fork.
我叫它三♥级♥配砼输送泵冲击钻无聊机组
I call it a trailer-mounted-tripod cable-percussive boring unit.
就因为这个我特喜欢他
And that’s why I love him.
我研究我们脚下的土地
No, I investigate the ground beneath our feet
为各种工程和建筑项目检测可行性
to test the feasibility of various engineering and building projects.
听起来相当有趣 现在做什么呢?
It sounds amazing. What are you working on at the moment?
现在啊 最主要的项目就是
Ah, yes. Well, right now, the main project is
一个直径八米的隧♥道♥
an eight-metre-diameter tunnel,
它是为了减轻伦敦下水道系统的压力而建
which is going to alleviate the pressure on London’s Victorian sewage system.
啊呀
Blimey.
八米? 好大啊
Eight metres? That’s big.
是啊 沿着泰晤士河20米
Oh, yeah. And it’ll follow the path of the Thames for 20 miles,
上至地面能有80米
up to 80 metres underground.
这还仅仅是给住户建的
And that’s just for this household.
是个大工程
So, it’s quite a big number.
不是我自己做 有好几个人
I’m not doing it on my own. There’s a few of us.
– 不然我归西了也完不成 – 哦 不
– It won’t be finished till after I’m dead. – Oh, no.
那你可得抓紧了
You’d better get a move on.
多吃点 想再来点什么吗?
Help yourself. Is there anything you want?
火腿?
Some ham?
不了 谢谢 我是素食者
Oh, no, thanks. I’m a veggie, actually.
– 是吗? – 嗯
– Are you? – Mm.
不过奶酪很美味 谢谢
This cheese is gorgeous, though. Thank you.
– 随便吃 – 谢谢
– Help yourself. – Thank you.
– 之后有什么打算? – 嗯
– What have you got planned later? – Ah, yes.
– 有人要造访 – 听起来不吉利啊
– We’re having a visitation. – Sounds ominous.
– 玛丽要来喝茶 – 果然
– Mary’s coming for tea. – Oh, I was right.
– 谁是玛丽? – 一个要好的同事
– Who’s Mary? – She’s a friend from work.
– 这样哦 – 嗯 她是…
– Oh, right. – Yes, she’s… Yes.
有点特别
She’s something else.
当我没问
I won’t ask.
– 你好啊! – 哦 乔!
– Ta-da! – Oh, Joe!
见到你真开心
How lovely to see you.
给你个惊喜 最近好吗?
This is a surprise. How are you?
– 我很好 – 看起来不错
– I’m good. – Oh, you look great.
– 你也是 – 谢谢
– So do you. – Oh, thank you.
你好 玛丽
Hello, Mary.
我是他爸爸汤姆 我也住在这儿
I’m Tom. I’m his father. I live here.
哦 汤姆
Oh, Tom.
我最喜欢的两个男人
My two favourite men.
进来吧
In you go.
你怎么一直没给我打电♥话♥?
You never rang me.
对不起
I’m sorry.
要是我们去喝一杯的话
Whatever happened to that drink
说不定有什么事发生呢
we were gonna have?
我给你准备了个惊喜
I’ve got a surprise for you.
你可不该这样哦
Oh, Joe, you shouldn’t have.
你好
Hello.
凯蒂 这是玛丽 玛丽 这是凯蒂
Katie, this is Mary. Mary, this is Katie.
– 你好玛丽 很高兴见到你 – 嗨
– Hello, Mary. It’s nice to meet you. – Oh, hi.
她是乔的女朋友
This is Joe’s girlfriend.
你的夹克衫真好看
I like your jacket.
你妈妈给了我一壶九层塔 闻闻看
Your mum gave me a pot of basil. Smell that.
– 她想做点香蒜酱 – 太好了
– She’s going to make him some pesto. – Lovely.
– 帮你拿外套吧 – 谢了 汤姆
– Shall I take your jacket, Mary? – Yeah, thanks, Tom.
– 近来好吗? – 挺好的 谢谢
– How are you, Mary? – Yeah, I’m really good, thanks, yeah.
– 来的时候还顺利吧? – 还成
– How was your journey? – It was all right.
– 实际上不怎么样 – 没再迷路吧?
– Oh, no, it wasn’t actually. – Didn’t get lost again, did you?
这一路没什么 是那辆车
Oh, no, the journey was all right. It’s the car.
– 车怎么了? – 出什么事了?
– Is it OK? – What happened?
– 发动不了了 – 哦 不
– It wouldn’t start. – Oh, no.
简直是噩梦 所以我坐地铁来的
Yeah, it’s a nightmare. I had to come on the tube.
昨晚彻底报废
And it got broken into last night.
– 真替你难过 – 没事
– Oh, sorry to hear that. – Oh, no.
昨天不是周末吗 我去超♥市♥大扫荡了
Yeah, I did my big weekly supermarket shop yesterday,
超爽 没有车是绝对办不到的
which is great, I couldn’t do that before I had the car.
来这儿很顺利而且到得早 回去就不会太晚
I went nice and early, so it wouldn’t be dark when I got back.
带的三个袋子都不够
I brought three bags in,
第四个袋子肯定是落在副驾驶座位上了
but I must have left the fourth one on the front seat.
进屋后我就想 太棒了 终于都完事了
I got in. I thought, that’s great, that’s done,
现在我能冷静下来喝一小杯酒了
I can chill out now and have a nice little glass of wine.
实际上昨晚我过的很愉快
I had a really nice evening, actually.
额…
Er…
可第二天早上 我在浴室里坐着…
But then, this morning, I’m in the bathroom, I’m sitting on…
发现我落在车里的是手纸卷
Cos it’s the toilet roll that I’ve left in the car.
于是我冲了出去 看到车窗户全碎了
So, I rush out and my window’s been smashed.
到处都是玻璃
There’s glass everywhere
所有的手纸卷都被偷了
and all my toilet rolls have been stolen.
– 很可能是小孩子 – 有道理
– It’s probably kids. – I think you’re right.
你上保险了吗?
Are you insured, Mary?
– 当然上了 – 这个相当重要了
– Yeah, of course I’m insured. – Well, that’s something, isn’t it?
没有保险可不能开车 那是违法的
You can’t drive a car without insurance. It’s illegal.
我知道 至少你的窗户可以索求赔偿
I know. At least you’ll be able to claim for your window.
是啊
I know.
不管怎么说 我觉得… 我烦透了
Anyway, I’m… I’m sick of it.
不就是辆车嘛 有什么大不了的
I just left it. It’s just a car. What does it matter?
坐下再说
Go on. Sit yourself down, Mary.
把水烧上 汤姆
Put the kettle on, Tom.
嗯嗯 好主意
Yeah, yeah. Good idea.
我被它搞得压力很大
It’s given me a lot of stress, Tom.
这辆车已经引起一连串麻烦了 不是吗?
This car’s been a catalogue of disaster, hasn’t it?
是啊
I know.
赶紧摆脱它吧 以免有更多的损失
Cut your losses, Mary. Get rid of it.
可我已经投进去那么多了
But I’ve spent so much on it, Tom.
我无法就这么卖♥♥掉它
I can’t just sell it now.
继续留着它只会更糟
But if you keep it, it’s only going to get worse.
– 你知道我什么意思吧 – 嗯 知道
– Well, you know what I think, Mary. – Yeah, yeah.
说实话 我已经受够了
I’m fed up with it, to be honest, Tom.
轮胎上都有三个洞了
I’ve had three punctures.
– 三个洞? – 嗯
– Three punctures? – Yeah.
排气管坏了 我得买♥♥个新的
My exhaust has fallen off. I had to get a new one.