借由抗争而终结它们
何者较尊贵?
…and by opposing end them.
死了,沉睡了,一切告终
To die: to sleep, no more…
要是随着沉睡
我们能结束这种心痛
…and by a sleep to say we end
the heart-ache…
以及血肉之躯
总得承继的千百种自然打击
…and the thousand natural shocks
that flesh is heir to.
这种结局…
‘Tis a consummation…
可说是求之不得
…devoutly to be wished.
死了,沉睡了…
To die, to sleep…
睡着了也许还会做梦
啊,阻碍就在这里
…to sleep: perchance to dream:
ay, there’s the rub.
因为在那死亡的沈睡中
美梦也许能成真
For in that sleep of death
what dreams may come…
我们在摆脱这人世纷扰时
它总会令我们踌躇
…when we have shuffled off
this mortal coil, must give us pause.
人们正是如此
甘心长久处于忧患人生当中
There’s the respect
that makes calamity of so long life.
-好好焚烧
-这样够热?
-Give it good heat.
-This hot enough?
你确定吗?威廉塞西尔遭到杀害
You’re certain of this?
William Cecil was murdered.
当然不是真的杀害
Not literally, of course.
他只是个角色
He was a character.
虚构的角色
Fictional character.
但是那譬喻够清楚,谁都看得出
而且他们看出来了
But the metaphor was clear
for anyone to see. And see, they did.
你会禁演吗?
Will you shut it down?
再次大大感谢你对爵士的服务
Your service to his lordship
is once again greatly appreciated.
他宰了你
不只是在宫中,还对着全市的人
He butchered you! Not only in front
of court but the entire city as well!
我们必须逮捕莎士比亚这家伙…
We must arrest
this Shakespeare and–
不,罗伯特
No, Robert.
假如他真像你所说的那么受欢迎
lf he really is as popular
as you say…
我们只会更激怒群众
…we would only anger the mob.
但是群众把我们当笑柄的话
无法维持权威
We cannot maintain authority
if we are laughingstocks!
我们的权威来自伊丽莎白和上帝
Our authority comes
from Elizabeth and from God.
你必须想得更深入,罗伯特
You must think
more deeply, Robert.
你必须补充自己的不足
You must compensate
for your malformations.
你必须用上帝给你的天赋来弥补
You must compensate with the gifts
God did give you.
利用机巧,利用无情
With cunning. With ruthlessness.
这封来自…
lt’s from…
苏格兰的詹姆士王
…King James of Scotland.
詹姆士察觉到
女王对艾色克斯的钟爱
James is aware of the queen’s
affections for Essex…
还有对他身世的谣言
他的担忧很有道理
…and of the rumors of his birth,
and he is justly concerned.
你必须连络詹姆士
You will write to James.
告诉他我重病缠身
但是一切都已安排好
You will tell him that l am gravely ill,
but that all is in hand.
然后告诉他
And then tell him…
艾色克斯不会活着从爱尔兰归来
…Essex will not return
from lreland alive.
上帝在这项事务中
的确需要我们的协助
God does indeed require
our help in this matter.
国王都是这么被推举出来的,吾儿
This is how kings are made,
my son.
伊丽莎白以前是如此
以后也会持续
So it was with Elizabeth,
so it shall ever be.
詹姆士期盼你也为他这么做
他将会因而奖赏你
James will expect you to do the same
for him and he will reward you for it.
但是我们必须…
But we must…
再做出一件事
…do one thing more.
和艾色克斯一样
Like Essex…
必须解决爱德华
…Edward must be removed.
-爱德华?
-你必须收买♥♥某个人
-Edward?
-You must bribe someone.
也许像他的击剑师♥傅♥
His fencing master, perhaps.
答应他若杀了爱德华
会得到大笔财富
Promise him a fortune
if he kills him.
我怀孕了
l am with child.
妳确定?
Are you certain?
已经过了两个月,大人
Two cycles have passed, my lord.
-我希望能嫁给他
-嫁给他?
-And l wish to marry him.
-Marry him?
女王陛下,他已婚了
Your Grace, he is already married.
我想怎么做都行
l can do what l want.
是吗?
Can you?
欧洲大部份的天主教王储们
都打算推♥翻♥妳
Most of the Catholic princes of Europe
seek to topple you…
终结妳的新教政♥权♥
阻止他们的只有海峡
…and end your Protestant reign.
All that stop them are the Channel…
以及希望迎娶妳
再用其它方式结束妳的统治
…and the hope they marry you
and end your realm by other means.
我爱他
l love him!
妳会为了他冒险失去王座?
Would you risk your throne for him?
妳会为了他冒险失去英国?
Would you risk England for him?
我们必须按照以前的做法
妳必须出外巡视
We must do as we have done before.
You must go on progress…
前往与世隔绝的地点
只由妳完全信任的人陪伴
…somewhere isolated, accompanied
by only those whom you most trust.
生产后
我会找个适当人家抚养那孩子
After the birth, l shall find a suitable
house for the child to be reared in.
至于爱德华呢?
And Edward?
他必须永远不知情
He must never know.
你做了什么?
What have you done?
我在祈祷
l am praying.
她不愿见我
She will not see me!
我去找她,她不肯接见我
而她现在离开了
l’ve gone to her, she will not
receive me, and now she’s gone!
她去出巡
She is on progress.
哪里?
Where?
她去了哪里?
Where did she go?
你对她说了什么?
What did you say to her?
有关她内心的事
她没向我寻求建言
She does not ask my advice
on matters of the heart.
假如有,她就不会挑中你
lf she did, she would not
have chosen you.
你一定知道她会离开,她一向如此
You must’ve known
she would go elsewhere.
你不是她的第一任
也不是最后一任情人
You’re neither the first nor the last
of her lovers!
回到我女儿身边,爱德华
Go back to my daughter, Edward.
她会张开双臂接纳你
She will accept you with open arms.
举止要称得上你的小小头衔
Behave as your great title
demands you behave.
照料你的资产,你的投资
Tend to your estates,
your investments.
为我生下外孙
And make me a grandson.
继承人
An heir.
写作很难,可不是吗?
lt’s difficult to write, is it not?
在写出《哈姆雷特》这种作品后?
After something like Hamlet?
它啃噬着你
lt eats at you.
啃噬你的灵魂
At your soul.
你想为何威尔还没被逮捕?
Why do you think Will
hasn’t been arrested?
他杀害了以威廉塞西尔那老家伙
为蓝本的角色
He murders a caricature
of old William Cecil himself…
居然还能招摇到西敏寺再回来
…and still whores it all the way
to Westminster and back.
-也许他们还没注意到

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!