那太恶心了 – 我知道那很恶心 但那很新鲜
That’s sick. – I know it’s sick, but it’s new.
你可没说新鲜的东西不会令人恶心 – 快过来试试 艾尔维
You didn’t say it couldn’t be sick. – Come on, Alvy.
让你的身体来爽一把 试试 快过来 – 是的 快 会很有趣的
Do your body a favor. Try it. – It’ll be fun.
我确信那很有趣 因为印加人吸那东西 百万印加人灰飞烟灭 都成了笑话
I’m sure it’s fun, ’cause the Incas did it. They were a million laughs.
艾尔维 快点 给你自己增加点体验 你不是想写作吗 为什么不试试?
For your own experience. You want to write. Why not?
这货很棒 艾尔维 我的一个朋友 才从加利福尼亚搞回来的
It’s great stuff, Alvy. A friend just brought it in from California.
噢 你们知道吗…我还没告诉你们 我们下星期去加利福尼亚
I didn’t tell you. We’re going to California next week.
让我感到特兴奋 你可以想象 (反话)
It’s really a thrill, as you know.
我听从了我经纪人的建议 我了结了这里的一切 准备去那儿上电视上露露脸
On my agent’s advice, I sold out and am going to do a TV appearance.
不 根本不是这么回事 艾尔维是去颁奖 在电视上
That’s not it at all. Alvy’s giving an award on TV.
天哪 你这样说好像 那是件见不得人的事似的
You act like you’re violating a moral issue.
那太诈唬了 而且我们还得在圣诞期间离开纽约 这最让我受不了了
It’s so phony. We have to leave New York during Christmas. It kills me.
艾尔维 你听着 你到加利福尼亚后有没有可能给我搞些可♥卡♥因♥带回来?
Listen, while you’re in California, could you score some coke for me?
当然 当然 乐意效劳 我只要把我的鞋后跟掏空 放在里面就行了
Sure, be glad to. I’ll just put it in the hollow heel on my boot.
这玩意多少钱? – 大概2000美元一盎司
How much is this stuff? – About $2,000 an ounce.
真的吗?到底有什么过瘾的? 因为我从没…
Really? And what is the kick of it?
祝你圣诞快乐
祝你圣诞快乐
祝你圣诞快乐、新年幸福
在我搬到这儿来之前 从来没有这样放松过 麦克斯
I’ve never been so relaxed as I have been since I moved out here.
我要让你看看我的房♥子 我住在休·海弗纳 (《花♥花♥公♥子♥》老板)隔壁 麦克斯他允许我用他的水流按♥摩♥浴缸

I want you to see my house. I live next to Hugh Hefner.
还有女人 麦克斯 她们都和《花♥花♥公♥子♥》女郎一样 所不同的是她们的手脚都会动
And the women are like in Playboy, but they can move their arms and legs.
我无法相信这真的是贝弗莉山庄吗
I can’t get over that this is really Beverly Hills.
是啊 这儿的建筑风格可真够一致的哈? 法国式挨着西班牙式
The architecture is really consistent. There’s French next to Spanish
西班牙式挨着都铎(英国)式 都铎式挨着日本式
next to Tudor next to Japanese.
天哪 这儿真干净
It’s so clean out here.
那是因为这里的人不扔垃圾 他们把垃圾都整到电视节目里了
Because they don’t throw garbage away. They make it into TV shows.
得了吧 麦克斯 现在是圣诞节 – 你们能相信这儿像过圣诞节吗?
Give us a break. It’s Christmas. – Can you believe this is Christmas?
你知道 纽约刚下过雪自然是白茫茫一片的 – 真的吗?
It was snowing and really gray in New York.
太好了 是的 圣诞老人要被晒得中暑了
Nice. Santa Claus will have sun stroke.
麦克斯 这儿没有犯罪 没有抢劫
Max, there’s no crime, there’s no mugging.
这里没有经济上的犯罪 你知道
There’s no economic crime…
但是这里有各种典礼 还有宗教式的膜拜 这些都够谋杀人的
but there’s ritual, religious cult murders.
这里还有麦芽杀手
There’s wheat-germ killers out here.
既然你们已经在这儿了 我想带你去看看我的电视节目
While you’re out here, I want you to see my TV show.
还有 我们受邀参加 一个大型的圣诞聚会
And we’re invited to a big Christmas party.
铭记基♥督♥是我们的救世主圣诞是他的出生日
他会拯救我们于撒旦的魔掌 当我们误入迷途时
瞧这儿 查理 这里给我一个大笑声
Charlie, give me a good laugh here.
跟踪的豪华轿车抛锚啦?
再大点
A little bigger.
麦克斯 你没意识到这有多不道德吗?
Do you realize how immoral this all is?
麦克斯 我的这个系列很热门的
I’ve got a hit series.
是的 我知道 但你这是在加进去假的笑声啊
But you’re adding fake laughs.
给我一个很大的笑声 查理
Give me a tremendous laugh here.
我们这是在观众面前的现场表演
We do the show live in front of an audience.
是的 可是没人笑啊 因为你的笑话一点也不可笑
But nobody laughs, because the jokes aren’t funny.
对啊 所以说这机器作用不凡哪
That’s why this machine is dynamite.
你最好躺下来 你在阳光下晒了太长时间了
这里给我点适中的咯咯笑声
Give me a medium chuckle here…
接着是热烈的掌声
and then a big hand.
这机子上有嘘声没?
Is there booing on that?
噢 麦克斯 我感到不太舒服 – 我们正打算撮合你和我表妹德洛丽丝呢
I don’t feel well.
你怎么了? – 我不知道 我只是感到很晕
What’s the matter? – I got very dizzy.
我感到头晕 麦克斯 – 那你坐下
I feel dizzy. – Sit down.
噢 上帝
Jesus.
你感觉怎样? – 我不知道 我是说…
You all right?
你想躺下吗? – 不 我一上午都感到有点反胃 只是现在
You want to lie down? No. My stomach felt queasy all morning.
要不要喝点姜汁汽水?
How about a ginger ale?
噢 麦克斯 不 也许我最好躺下
No. Maybe I’d better lie down.
你为什么不试着吃点这个? 这只是鸡肉
Try to get some of this down. It’s just plain chicken.
不 我吃不下这个 我感到恶心
No, I can’t eat this. I’m nauseous.
你能不能给我点什么药 好让我熬过下面两个小时
If you could get me something to get me through the next two hours.
因为我必须赶去伯班克(洛杉矶郊县) 给一个电视节目颁奖
I have to go to Burbank and give out an award on a TV show.
但是实际上你没有什么不对劲的 至少我看不出来
There’s nothing wrong with you as far as I can tell.
我是说 你没有发烧 也没有任何严重的症状
You have no fever, no symptoms of anything serious.
你没有吃过猪肉或者海鲜 – 对不起 抱歉 医生
You haven’t eaten pork or shellfish. – Excuse me. I’m sorry, Doctor.
艾尔维 我给节目组打了电♥话♥ 他们说现在没事了 他们找了个替换的人
Alvy, that was the show. Everything is fine. They found a replacement.
所以他们不用你来录带子了
They’re going to tape without you.
噢 天哪 那么我上不了电视啦?
Jesus! Now I don’t get to do the TV show?
是的 我说 医生 我很担心… – 天哪
我刚才说了 我找不出他这样子的理由 – 一切都正常吗?
I can’t find any reason for this. – Nothing at all?
是啊 但是我想我可以叫个化验员过来 – 麻烦你把盐递给我
I could get a lab man up here. – Hand me the salt, please.
好的 等一下 或许我们送他上医院 住上一两天可能会更好一些
Perhaps it would be better if we took him to the hospital.
上医院?
The hospital?
否则的话没办法确诊他 – 话说回来 这鸡味道还真不赖
There’s no other way to diagnose him. – This is not bad, actually.
咳 别跟我说我们得下车走到那屋子里
Don’t tell me we’re going to have to walk from the car to the house?
天哪 我来洛杉矶后 我的双脚还没挨过人行道呢
My feet haven’t touched pavement since I reached Los Angeles.
那么 你和他见一面 如果你去见弗雷迪的话 那么我就去见你
I’ll take a meeting with you if you’ll take a meeting with Freddy.
我见过弗雷迪了 弗雷迪见过查理
I took a meeting with Freddy. Freddy took a meeting with Charlie.
你见见他吧 – 该见的面都要见
You take a meeting with him. – All the good meetings are taken.
现在只是一种想法
Right now it’s only a notion.
我想我可以弄到钱使它变成一种概念 然后再将它转变成一种思想
I think I can get money to make it into a concept, then turn it into an idea.
喜欢这房♥子吗 麦克斯?
Like this house, Max?
我甚至带来张地图好领着我们去卫生间
Even wrote a road map to get us to the bathroom.
你应该告诉我 这是托尼·雷西的社交聚会
You should have told me it was Tony Lacey’s party.
有什么不一样吗?
What difference does that make?
我想他对安妮有点意思
I think he has a thing for Annie.
不 不 可惜的是 麦克斯 他和那边的那位姑娘在一起 – 哪一个?
No. He goes with that girl over there. – Where?
那个有”见裤线”的 – “见裤线”?
The one with the VPL. – VPL?
看得见内♥裤♥线 麦克斯 她太漂亮了
Visible panty line. She’s gorgeous.
是啊 她得十分 对你来说太重要了 因为你老是找只有两分的 不是吗?
She’s a ten. That’s great for you, ’cause you’re used to two’s, aren’t you?
没找过只有两分的 麦克斯
There are no two’s.
你习惯于那种手里拎着购物袋 脸上戴着医生用的大口罩
You’re used to the kind with shopping bags walking through Central Park…
嘴里嘟嘟囔囔地走过中♥央♥公园的姑娘
with the surgical masks on, muttering.
你认为这一对怎么样 麦克斯? 像是他们才从马思特斯和约翰逊(性医学家)那里回来
How do you like this couple? They look like they’re from Masters and Johnson.
是啊 重症特护病房♥ 噢 我的上帝 我想她正…
Intensive care ward. My God!
我想她正朝我这边看 – 要是她过来的话 麦克斯 我的脑瓜子会变成鳄梨酱的
I think she’s giving me the eye. – If she comes over, my brain will mush.
我来应付 交给我来应付 嗨
你是艾尔维·辛格吗? 我们是不是在”埃哈德研讨训练班”(心理治疗的cult组织)碰过面?
You’re Alvy Singer, right? Didn’t we meet at EST?
“埃哈德研讨训练班”? 不 不 我从没参加过
No, I was never to EST.
那你怎么能瞎批评它呢? – 他没说什么
Then how can you criticize it? – He didn’t say anything.
我没批评 我来这儿是为了做什么 电击疗法 可惜遇上了能源危机
I came to get some shock therapy, but there was an energy crisis.
他是我的食物品尝员 你们俩见过面吗? – 嗨 你好
He’s my food taster. Have you two met? – How do you do?
你是品尝食物看看是否下了毒? – 是啊 他疯了
Do you taste for poisoned food? – Yeah, he’s great.
嗨 你们两个都穿白色服装 这一定是在明星的节目里
You guys are wearing white. It must be in the stars.
说不准尤里·盖勒(特异功能表演者)也在这屋子里的某个地方 – 我要和他一起表演
Uri Geller must be on the premises. – We’re going to operate together.
我们只要六个星期 大约六周后 我们就能灌完整张专辑
In about six weeks we could cut the whole album.
我不知道 这对我来说很新鲜 我不知道
I don’t know. This is strange to me.
你可以来住在这儿 房♥子的整个这一侧你都可以用
You can stay here. Use the whole wing in this house.
噢 住在这儿?啊哈? – 真的 你为什么要笑?
Stay here? – Really. Why are you smiling?
我不知道 我不知道
他不仅是个伟大的经纪人 他还召集很好的会面
Not only is he a great agent, but he really gives good leading.
这是套很棒的房♥子 真的 应有尽有 桑拿、水流按♥摩♥浴缸、三个网球场
This is a great house: saunas, Jacuzzis, three tennis courts.
你们知道谁是最初的房♥主吗?先是尼尔森·埃迪(歌♥星影星)然后是雷格斯·戴蒙德乐队
You know who the original owners were? Nelson Eddy then Legs Diamond.
你们猜猜谁还在这儿住过? – 给点提示
Then you know who lived here? – Trigger.
查理·卓别林 在他因”非美国化” 而被拒绝回国之前
Charlie Chaplin, right before his un-American thing.
你们两个仍然住在纽约 – 是啊 我喜欢那里
But you guys are still New Yorkers. – Yeah, I love it there.
我也在纽约住过 我在那儿住了几年 你知道 但是现在好像变得特别脏
I used to live there for years, but it’s so dirty now.
我对垃圾很感兴趣 情有独衷 – 这间放映室真的很不错 很不错的房♥间
I’m into garbage. It’s my thing. – This is a nice screening room.
关于纽约还有一点
There’s another thing about New York.
你瞧 如果你想看电影 你不得不去排长队
If you want to see a movie, you have to stand on line.
天气可能冻得要死 或下着大雨 可这儿…
It could be freezing or raining. And here-
我们昨晚在这里看的《大幻影》
We saw Grand lllusion here last night.
如果你吸点这个再看 更会觉得是部 伟大的电影 真的很有意思
That’s a great film if you’re high. It’s really funny.
过来看看卧室 那里面也布置得很棒
Come and see our bedroom. We did a fantastic thing up there.
我还好 不用
I’m cool.
真太妙了 你知道他们整天边吃东西边看电影
It’s wonderful. They eat and watch movies all day.
是啊 然后你就这样逐渐地老死 你知道有的时候努力一下也是很重要的
And gradually you get old and die. It’s important to make an effort sometimes.
你认为他女朋友漂亮吗? – 是的 她很好看
Do you think his girlfriend’s pretty? – She’s great looking.
有点中性化的风格 但是非常出众
A little on the androgynous side.
是的 我忘了做颂祷
I forgot my mantra.
玩得真愉快
That was fun.
我一点也不认为加利福尼亚有什么不好
I don’t think California is bad at all.
回家反而让我感到乏味
It’s a drag coming home.