But you are Rome come to England,
My Lord.
我被束缚了,
我们得受理王后的上诉
My hands are tied. The trial is
adjourned for the Queen’s appeal.
教皇怕王后的外甥(西班牙国王)罔顾
我这个上帝之子
To the Pope who fears the Queen’s nephew
more than he loves the justice of God.
-陛下会被赶出教会的;
-滚出去
– Your Grace could be excommunicated!
– Get out!
滚回罗马去吧
Limp back to Rome.
告诉教皇,朕一定要让凯瑟琳婚姻无效,
出去
Tell His Holiness I will have
the marriage Anneulled. Get out, get out.
出去
Get out!
红衣主教大人,你当初太自夸了
Well, My Lord Cardinal,
so much for your boastful promises.
陛下,原谅臣
Your Grace, forgive me.
原谅老臣
Forgive me.
去告诉王后,
其将被赶出王宫
Go to the Queen.
Banish her from the court
让其自己负担偏远地方的费用
and house her at your own expense
in some remote place.
是的,陛下
Yes, Your Majesty.
沃尔西主教
Wolsey.
从朕的视线里离开,
你无法胜任了
Remove yourself from my sight.
You’re unfit for office.
把国玺交出来
Render up the Great Seal.
沃尔西,躲避朕的龙威
And hide, Wolsey.
Hide from my anger.
现在就走走
Go now. Go.
沃尔西主教
Wolsey.
朕不原谅你;
虽然看在过去的情分上
I do not forgive you.
I spare you for your past services.
律师,今天的业务结束了
The business of the day is over, lawyer.
-我是个读过法律的律师;
-怎讲?
– I am a lawyer who has read the law.
– So?
国家法律说:僭越国王之上….
There is a law of this land
that says it is treason
就是叛国
to acknowledge any higher authority
than the will of the King.
因此离婚后,和安妮结婚
It is, I take it, the will of the King
是国王的最高旨意?
that he shall divorce the Queen
and marry the Lady Annee?
是的
It is.
英国教会必须授权给你
Then the Church in England
must grant your will.
教皇高于国王就是叛国的
It is treasonable to say that the Pope
is a higher authority than the King…
…在法律框架下
…under the law.
朕一直是教廷的忠诚子民,
I’ve always been a defender
of the faith and of the Church.
由此看来,你就是君主,
As matters stand,
you are but half the King.
不该由罗马教廷操纵此事
To say that Rome may dictate this matter
不该让罗马教廷操纵王位继承问题
is to say that Rome may dictate
the succession to the Crown.
英格兰国王要什么,
其就该得到….
What the King of England wants,
he should have
不该有外国势力的干涉
without hindrance from abroad.
对头,真是的
True. It is true.
那就意味着朕被开除教廷
It would mean excommunication.
意味着决裂罗马教廷
It would mean a break with Rome.
英格兰需要重新获派新主教
It would need only the appointment of a
new Primate of the Church in England.
其会准许离婚的
He would grant the divorce.
对于那些反对离婚的人,
看受到何种处置
Yes. And the penalty for those good men
who could not stomach your law?
陛下,叛国罪就是死刑
The penalty for treason
has always been death, Your Grace.
你可以走了
You may go.
陛下,还有一件事
There is something else, Your Majesty.
沃尔西主教,深谙世事
Cardinal Wolsey,
through skilful manipulation,
其已预知大英格兰的未来
has seen to it
that the monasteries of England
将成为新世界的强国
are richer than the goldmines
of the New World.
如果那么做,你就能主宰教会,
财富都是你的了
If, as you should be, you become Head
of the Church, those riches are yours.
律师,你讲话真是肆无忌惮
You’re a man without scruple, lawyer.
完全地肆无忌惮
Entirely without scruple.
陛下,这是从我尊师沃尔西主教身上学来的
I learned my trade under
Cardinal Wolsey, Your Grace.
陛下也是主教的学生?
Are you also a pupil of the Cardinal?
不,不,我的尊师是我父王
No, no, I studied under a real master,
my father.
无论亨利七世诞生时,
世界是多么混乱
Whatever villainy was lacking
in the world when Henry VII was born,
其依旧是启发我的人
he invented before he left it.
但枢机主教教朕的是…
But the one cardinal principle
he taught me was,
一直让教会站在你这一边
always keep the Church on your side.
那好,一边是教会,
一边是姐
Well, you have the Church on one side
and you have me on the other.
是的,现在选择很明了了
Yes. The choice is now clear.
如果朕控制了教会,
就让你当王后
If I make myself Head of the Church
in England, I make you my Queen,
朕让自己变成了全欧洲最富有的国王
I make myself wealthier
than all the monarchs in Europe
朕将被开除教籍
and I shall be excommunicated.
这种诅咒永无止境
Everlasting damnation.
教会中无人为朕说话,
无人捍卫我
No child of the Church shall
speak with me, feed me, shelter me.
当朕驾崩后,不会被安葬
And when dead,
my body shall lie without burial
朕的灵魂…
and my soul…
…永远打入地狱不得超生
…shall be cast into hell forever.
天父
Heavenly Father,
你懂的,我并非为了一己之私
what I seek is not for myself
as You know,
我是为了国家的安全,
发扬你的圣明
but for the future safety of my realm
and the greater glory of Your name.
如果朕削减了信心,
也是因为朕是个凡人
If I weaken in my resolve,
remember I am but a man.
请赐予我力量,
让我完成人生的里程
Give me Your heavenly strength
for my intended journey
解决我的疑惑
and resolve my doubts.
大人们
My Lords,
朕打算在国会会议之前严正声明
I intend to bring before Parliament
matters which have concerned us greatly.
对于罗马教廷施与英格兰如此强大的外国干涉
I am deeply alarmed by the increasing
influence and power in our State
让朕甚感震惊
of the Church of Rome.
更别说对教会缴纳庞大贡金
Not content alone with misappropriation
of property and money,
如今罗马教廷插手英格兰的律法;
Rome now seeks to interfere with
the laws and statutes of this realm.
尤其是干涉国王继承人的内政
In particular, the King’s prerogatives
related to the succession to the throne.
众所周知,出于以上诸多原因
For all these reasons
and many others known to you all
我们要为自己国家捍卫主♥权♥
we must free ourselves
from the interference, influence
直接对抗罗马教廷
and direction of the See of Rome.
听着!
Hear, hear!
项目有:你们都宣誓效忠英格兰国王
Item. The Oath of Allegiance
to the King of England sworn by you all.
或者是宣誓效忠罗马教廷
Item. The Oath of Allegiance
to the Pope of Rome sworn by the Clergy.
问题是:谁是教会的最高首脑?
教皇还是国王?
Question. Whom do the Clergy serve?
Pope or King?
沃尔西主教–我国最大的教士已经失势
Cardinal Wolsey, the greatest Churchman
of our land is cast down.
任何跟着他的主教和神父,
就不是国王的人
Any bishop or priest who does not
first serve the King will follow him.
此法案将通过议会而制定
Parliament will be summoned
for the enactment of this bill
叫《至尊法案》
named The Act of Supremacy.
国王即是象征至高无上
The King is declared to be supreme
in matters of the welfare of subjects,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!