哦,我不介意的,妈妈。 -请不要反驳我
Oh, I don’t mind, mama. -Please don’t contradict me.
不要那么苛求
Don’t be so demanding.
她回学校了,另外,我觉得你喜欢她和你在一起
She’s back in school. Besides, I thought you enjoyed having her with you.
我已经79岁了,我的儿子
I’m 79 years of age, my boy,
我不能为这孩子操心了。你拥有这所巨宅
and I can’t be bothered with the child. You’ve got this enormous house.
这都是你父亲的遗产
It all comes out of your father’s estate,
我完全有权利提出要求
I have every right to be demanding.
你为什么不再结婚?
Why don’t you get married again?
我性格不适合婚姻。 -我猜没人愿意嫁给你吧
I haven’t the temperament for it. -I suppose no one would take you.
少管闲事,妈妈
Mind your own business, mother.
当然,我已经意识到我的意见不再重要了
Of course, I realize my opinions don’t matter any longer.
我还是死了吧,然后剩下的钱都归你了
I might just as well be dead. Then you can have the rest of the money.
请别那么说,妈妈。 -我要说!
Please, don’t say that, mama. -I will say it!
你们两个忘恩负义的孩子
You’re two ungrateful children.
你小的时候,我多少次半夜坐起给你喂奶?
How many times have I sat up at night, nursing you, when you were little?
有时我担心你活不到黎明。母亲的牺牲很快被人遗忘
Sometimes I thought you’d never live to see the dawn. A mother’s sacrifices are soon forgotten.
妈妈,请上♥床♥吧,只不过是压力… -圣徒在上,波琳!
Mama, please come to bed. It’s just the strain of being in un… -Saints above, Pauline!
你能不插手这事吗?
Will you keep out of this?
现在,你听我说,摩根
Now, you listen to me, Morgan.
除非你给我一个明确的答复,否则我就不去睡觉
I am not going to bed until you give me a decisive answer.
勇敢地面对你的责任,像个男人
Face up to your responsibilities and behave like a man.
好吧!
All right!
我会尽快考虑作出安排
I shall look into making the arrangements as soon as I can.
这就好了
Well that’s better.
晚安
Good night.
晚安,摩根
Good night, Morgan.
不能指望那个男孩的想法保持不变
You can’t rely on that boy staying in the same mind for two minutes together.
他准会把孩子扔回我膝盖上,肯定会
He’ll toss that child back in my lap, as sure as sure can be.
你怎么看我儿子缺乏责任感?
And what do you think of my son’s lack of responsibility?
我完全同意你的看法,晚安,雪莉小姐
I quite agree. Good night, Miss Shirley.
拜托,别起身
Please, don’t get up.
我只是想说,今晚过得很愉快
I just wanted to say what a lovely evening this has been,
谢谢你给我这么好的机会
and to thank you for giving me such a wonderful opportunity.
我为妈妈的行为道歉
I apologize for mother’s behavior.
在她这种情况下,讽刺是她唯一的宽慰
In her condition, sarcasm is her one relief.
我猜是普林格尔的天性吧
Pringle nature, I suppose.
我很惊讶你竟然能忍♥受金斯波特的那些胡言乱语
I’m surprised you’ve put up with all this Kingsport nonsense as well as you have.
嗯,这是一个挑战,也是一次很好的经历
Well, it has been a challenge, as well as a very good experience.
噢,不过我非常想念我的绿山墙
Oh, I desperately miss my Green Gables, though.
夜晚,家里的灯光在池塘的另一边闪烁
Watching the home lights flicker across the pond at night.
玛丽拉在阳台上等着我
Marilla waiting for me on the veranda.
你听起来可能觉得很愚蠢。 -你不能回避岛上对你的良好教养
It probably sounds very foolish to you. -You can’t escape your wholesome island upbringing.
独自一人住在这所大房♥子里一定感到很空虚
It must feel very empty living in this vast house all alone.
好吧,这是一项投资,真的
Well, it’s an investment, really.
我经常不在
I’m away so frequently.
是什么让你远离金斯波特?
What is it that keeps you away from Kingsport?
忙着处理我生意上的所有棘手问题
Keeping occupied with the all consuming problems of my business.
逃避? -不
Running away? -No.
也许为了一个回来的理由而坚持
Perhaps holding out for a reason to return.
嗯,希望你能找到
Well, I hope you found one.
我非常感谢你的盛情款待
I’m very grateful to you for all your hospitality.
嗯,我很感激你…为了这种精神的愉悦
Well, I’m very grateful to you… for the pleasure of such high spirits.
晚安。 -晚安,摩根·哈里斯
Good night. -Good night, Morgan Harris.
安妮·雪莉
Anne Shirley.
希望我回到金斯波特后,我们能经常见到你
I hope we shall see you often when I return to Kingsport.
你觉得这会让我看起来老一些吗,爸爸? -哦,是的,艾米琳
Do you think this makes me look older, papa? -Oh, yes, Emmeline.
我们拿不定主意,哪顶帽子看起来更精致些
We can’t make up our minds which of these hats looks more sophisticated.
我也拿不定,咱们全都带走好了。 -爸爸! -我们可以做到
Neither can I. We’ll take all of them. -Papa! -We can manage that.
那就是她,西印度群岛贵妇。 -她太棒了
Here she is, great lady of the West Indies. -She’s magnificent.
“密史脱拉”是什么意思,爸爸?
What does “mistral” mean, papa?
意思是强风,冷风
It means a rough, cold wind.
哦,不,上尉,它应该是以芬芳命名的,有香味的风
Oh, no, Captain. It should be christened after a delicious, perfumed wind,
就像泽费罗斯(风神名)一样
like a zephyr.
那我就把下一个命名为“泽费罗斯风”(西风),以表对你的敬意
Then I shall name the next one The Zephyr in your honor.
“…不知怎的,到波士顿的旅行似乎一场梦
“… And the excursion to Boston all seems like a dream, somehow.
“艾米琳,过去一直像被遗弃一样生活,现在花开色艳
Emmeline, who has had such a forsaken life up till now, has blossomed,
“我觉得哈里斯上尉现在意识到自己所拥有的珍宝了
and I feel Capt. Harris now recognizes the treasure he didn’t know he possessed.
不过,我有点厌倦了脱离树干的飘零
“I am a little weary of living out of a trunk, though,
“渴望感受家乡的夏日之美
and I long to feel the summer loveliness of home.
“我非常想念你们俩。全心全意的,安妮”
I miss you both so very much. With all my heart, Anne.”
要我说,她已经筋疲力尽了,玛丽拉
She’s plain worn out, if you ask me, Marilla.
我并不惊讶,现在姑娘们在地球上游荡的方式真是可怕
I’m not surprised. The way girls roam the Earth now is something terrible.
这让我想起《约伯记》里的撒旦:来来回♥回♥,走来走去
It reminds me of Satan in the book of Job: going to and fro, and walking up and down.
我不认为这是上帝的旨意
I don’t think the Lord ever intended it.
该怎样就怎样吧,瑞秋
What is to be, will be, Rachel.
不应该发生的事,有时也会发生
And what isn’t to be, sometimes happens.
有钱固然是好
Riches are all very well,
但是,玛丽拉,如果安妮更喜欢哪个无名帅哥而不是埃文利,那就没什么可说的了
Marilla, but if Anne prefers the handsome unknown to Avonlea, well, there’s nothing more to be said.
一切自有天意
It’s in the hands of Providence.
“我很高兴在波士顿有你的陪伴,我希望在金斯波特期间也能很好地继续下去
“I enjoyed your company in Boston. I hope the term is continuing well in Kingsport and
“艾米琳现在正忙于学习。再次谢谢你。 真诚的,摩根·哈里斯”
Emmeline is caught up now in her studies. Thank you again. Sincerely, Morgan Harris.”
安妮·雪莉?
Anne Shirley?
见鬼,你在这里干什么?
What in heck are you doing here?
吉尔?
Gil?
万万没想到会在此时此地见到你
You’re the very last person I’d ever expected to meet out here on a day like this.
呃,呃…来吧,皇家医师学会本周末在这里开会
Uh, um… come on. The Royal Academy of Physicians is
我作为代表参加
convening here this weekend and I’m here as a delegate.
你一定很为自己骄傲
You must be proud of yourself.
不像我读到你的剪报时那么骄傲
Not as proud as I was of you when I read that clipping
史黛西小姐告诉我你的演出很成功
Miss Stacey sent me about the success of your play.
谢谢你的一番好意,吉尔,见到你真是太好了
That’s sweet of you, Gil. It’s so good to see you.
哦,我真的希望我们能碰到
Oh, I was actually hoping we’d run into each other. I
我不确定你是否乐意见到我,所以我…
wasn’t sure whether you’d be happy to see me or not, so I…
是否乐意?我无法表达我的快乐,让我看看你
Happy? I can’t begin to express my happiness. Let me look at you.
啊,是的,我现在看起来像一个年轻的医科学生吗? -一点儿也不像,你骗不了我
Ah, yes, do I look like a young medical student now? -Not a bit; you can’t fool me.
你仍旧是那个不可救药的吉尔。告诉我埃文利的所有消息,你回去过吗?
You’re still the same incorrigible Gil. Tell me all the Avonlea news. Have you been back?
呃,没有,我大部分时间都在哈利法克斯的斯图亚特家度过
Uh, no. I’ve been spending most of my time with the
斯图尔特医生是位杰出的外科医生
Stuarts in Halifax. Dr. Stuart’s a very prominent surgeon
是他安排我作为他的代表参加这次会议
It’s he who arranged for me to attend as his delegate.
瞧,克莉丝汀和我订婚了,我们定在明年夏天结婚
You see, Christine and I are engaged. It’s set for next summer.
我真为你高兴,吉尔
I’m so happy for you, Gil.
我估计这就是我这么想见你的原因吧…
I guess that’s why I wanted to see you so much…
为去年夏天的愚蠢道歉。不,我想我现在明白你的意思了
to apologize for being such a fool last summer. No, I think I understand now what you meant.
我说的也是真心话,我永远不会忘记你
I meant what I said, too. I won’t ever forget you.
你就像我一直想象的那样
You turned out as I always imagined you would.
我们去皇后区争夺奖学金,不是恍如昨天吗?
Doesn’t it seem like yesterday we off to Queens and vying for those scholarships?
我猜你一直在写作吧? -并不是这样
I suppose you’ve kept up your writing? -Not really.
我一直很忙,还有,出版商对这类故事不感兴趣
I’ve been busy, and, well, publishers aren’t interested in those kinds of stories.
好吧,咱们别放弃。你知道吗?我一直认为你应该写埃文利的事
Well, I wouldn’t give up all together. You know, I always thought you should write about the Avonlea.
换个名字,当然,不然瑞秋·林德会以为她是女主角
Change the name, of course, or Rachel Lynde would think she was the heroine.
埃文利是世上最珍贵的地方
Avonlea is the dearest place in the world. But I don’t
但我不认为它是一个足够有趣的故事背景
think it’s an interesting enough setting for a story.
哦,我打算带克莉丝汀回岛上,在那里实习
Oh, I intend to take Christine back to the Island with me and set up my practice there.
斯图尔特医生在哈利法克斯很有影响力,他希望我们住在那里
Dr. Stuart has a lot of pull in Halifax and would like us to live there,
但我不想要任何施舍
but I don’t want any hand-outs.
另外,其他任何地方对我来说都不像家。 -当然不像
Besides, any other place just wouldn’t seem like home to me. -No, of course.
学院董事会刚刚给了我一份为期5年的合同
The board of governors at the College just offered me a five-year contract.
是吗,那太棒了。你果然赢得了这个富裕的老镇的心
Well, that’s wonderful. You certainly won your way into the hearts of this affluent, old town.
你不会孤单的。 -我会活下来的
You won’t be lonely. -I’ll survive.
好吧,我该走了,火车五点半开
Well, I ought to go. The train leaves at 5:30.
哦,不,真的吗?
Oh, no, really?
哦,我,本来要寄这个的,但是一张便条就不一样了
Oh, I, was going to mail this, but a note just isn’t the same.
谢谢,吉尔
Thanks, Gil.
再见,安妮
Good bye, Anne.
再见,吉尔。 -别忘了我
Good bye, Gil. -Don’t forget me.
全体上车!
All aboard!
吉尔!
Gil!
谢谢!
Thank you!
再见。 -再见,安妮
Good bye. -Good bye, Anne.
雪莉小姐,你能帮我们整理一下这些花环和彩旗吗?
Miss Shirley, would you help us arrange all these garlands and buntings?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!