你想不出比这更有趣的新闻了吗,米妮·梅?
Can’t you think of any more interesting news than that, Minnie May?
你知道吉尔伯特·布莱斯快要死了吗?
Did you know Gilbert Blythe was dying?
米妮·梅,闭上你的嘴
Minnie May, hold your tongue.
什么意思,戴安娜? -我本不想这么突然告诉你的,安妮
What do you mean, Diana? -We didn’t mean to tell you so suddenly, Anne.
他得了中期猩红热,在哈利法克斯的医院染上的
He took scarlet fever in mid-term. He picked it up at the hospital in Halifax.
我想,大概是在学校里累坏了。他们有一个受过训练的护士,该做的都做了
Terrible worn out with school, I expect. They’ve got a trained nurse, and everything’s been done.
这是我从邮局取的,是寄给你的
I picked this up at the post office. It’s addressed to you.
我的…我的书! -好了,别坐在那儿抖得像一片树叶,打开它
My… my book! -Well, don’t sit there shaking like a leaf. Open it.
玛丽拉,这不可能是真的
Marilla, this can’t be real.
他们去年二月接受了我的手稿,预付了250美元
They accepted my manuscript last February with a $250 advance.
哦,你是个很会保守秘密的人
Oh, you’re a great one for secrets.
它既不是经典之作,也不是浪漫小说或什么重要的东西
It’s not a classic or a romance or anything important.
只是我去年秋天在业余时间写的一本关于埃文利的幽默故事书
It’s just a humorous book of stories I did about Avonlea in my spare time last fall.
瞧,但它是我的,都是我的
Look. But it’s mine. It’s all mine.
“感谢玛丽拉·卡斯伯特和马修·卡斯伯特始终不渝的爱和支持
“To Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert for their unfailing love and support,
“还有吉尔伯特,他一开始就给了我灵感”
and for Gilbert, who inspired me with the idea in the first place.”
你真了不起,安妮,所有人都会认为是我让你这么做的
You do beat all, Anne. Everyone will think I put you up to it.
噢,你真是太好了,特别是提到吉尔伯特
Aw, it’s awful good of you, especially considering Gilbert.
他的病到底有多严重?
How sick is he really?
从一开始,情况就很糟糕,上周没人听到任何消息
It’s been a bad case from the start. No one’s heard anything the past week.
不过,他的布莱斯家族体魄对他有利
He has the Blythe constitution in his favor, though.
如果上帝愿意
If God wills it.
玛丽拉…
Marilla…
每个人的生活中都有一本《启示录》
There’s a book of Revelations in everyone’s life.
我大错特错了
I’ve been so wrong.
如果吉尔… 不知道我真的有多在乎
If Gil were to … not knowing how I really care.
哦,好啦,好啦,好啦,好啦
Oh, there, there. There, now.
没有他我该怎么办?
What would I do without him?
我们无法改变上帝的决定
We can’t change what God determines.
那是杰瑞·布奥特,杰瑞·布奥特是为布莱斯先生工作的
That’s Jerry Buote. Jerry Buote works for Mr. Blythe.
这一定是个兆头
It must be a sign.
最坏的情况也比一无所知容易忍♥受
The worst would be more endurable than not knowing at all.
杰瑞! 杰瑞!
Jerry! Jerry!
杰瑞,等等!
Jerry, wait!
杰瑞,你知道吉尔伯特·布莱斯怎么样了吗?
Jerry, do you know how Gilbert Blythe is doing?
我觉得,我觉得他的情况很糟糕,布莱特一家都希望他能好起来
I think, I think he’s bad. The Blythes are all hoping he’s going to get better.
我不知道。医生估计,也许他能侥幸脱险
I don’t know. The doctor figures, maybe he’s going to have a close shave yet, though.
请让布莱斯先生帮我把这个给他好吗? -如果你愿意就跟我来吧,你自己交给他
Will you ask Mr. Blythe to give him this for me? -Come with me if you like. Give it to him yourself.
你好,吉尔,是我
Hello, Gil. It’s me.
我是来请你到我们过去常去的树林里去散步的
I’ve come to ask you to go for one of our old-time rambles in the woods.
真希望我能去
I wish I could go.
我给你带了我的书,我已经出版了,吉尔
I brought you my book. I’ve been published, Gil.
我写了埃文利,就像你说的那样
I wrote about Avonlea, just as you said I should,
没有任何华而不实的废话
without any highfalutin mumbo-jumbo.
我把题词献给了玛丽拉和马修
I’ve dedicated the inscription to Marilla and to Matthew,
还有你
And to you.
我想把它留作给你的结婚礼物,后来我就决定我不能再等了
I was thinking of saving it as a wedding gift, and then I just decided I couldn’t wait.
安妮,不会再有婚礼了
Anne, there’s not going to be any wedding anymore.
你会好起来的,吉尔,我知道你会的
You’re going to get well, Gil. I know you will.
我把婚事取消了,这对克莉丝汀不公平
I called it off. It wouldn’t have been fair to Christine.
我永远不会有任何人,除了你
There will never be anyone for me, but you.
哦,安妮,夏天过得真快啊
Oh, Anne. Summer has flown by so quickly.
学校老师真是时间的奴隶,我不知道我该怎么回去
A school teacher really is a slave of time. I don’t know how I’m ever going to go back.
路上转弯,我的道路没有弯
Bend in the road. There’s no bend in my road.
别傻了,路总有另一个弯
Don’t be silly. There’s always another bend in the road.
我可以看到它一直延伸到我面前的地平线
I can see it stretching straight out in front of me to the skyline.
凯瑟琳,瞧瞧你,脸色红润,身体健康
Katherine, just look at you. You’re rosy and healthy.
你的头发看起来很吸引人,不是全部往后梳
And your hair looks so attractive like that, instead of all pulled back.
另外,我碰巧认识两个合适的年轻人,他们问起过你
Besides, I happen to know of two eligible young men who’ve asked about you.
真的吗? -他们今晚要去篝火晚会
Really? -They’re going to be at the bonfire tonight.
哦,我不知道该对他们说什么,你能帮我吗,安妮?
Oh, I wouldn’t know what to say to them. Will you help me, Anne?
他们会嘲笑我,认为我是个老醋栗
They’ll just laugh at me and think I’m an old gooseberry.
你太不相信自己了,凯瑟琳
You give yourself far too little credit, Katherine.
真希望我能像你一样自信
I wish I had your confidence.
在你的绿山墙里,我几乎相信一切
I can believe almost anything in this Green Gables of yours.
好了,我的已经满了
Well, mine’s full.
我马上就来,我要确保给玛丽拉装3蒲式耳
I’ll be along. I want make sure Marilla has three full bushels.
你好,安妮。 -你好,吉尔
Hello, Anne. -Hello, Gil.
你看起来很健壮。 -嗯,我想我已经下定决心,不让它打倒我
You’re looking very robust. -Well, I guess I just made up my mind I wasn’t going to let it lick me.
想沿着小路散散步吗? 我想这个夏天
Care for a stroll down the lane? I don’t think there are going
不会有更多这样晴朗的下午了
to be many more fine afternoons like this left in the summer.
我希望我能,但凯瑟琳和我,我们一小时后就要去爱丽丝·彭哈洛家的篝火晚会了
I wish I could, but Katherine and I, we’re off to Alice Penhallow’s bonfire in an hour.
这是我带她去的第一个派对,她很紧张
It’s the first party I’m taking her to and she’s very nervous.
我陪你过池塘怎么样?
How about I walk you across the pond?
我真的很担心你,吉尔,直到我们听说你已经度过了最糟糕的时刻
I was really afraid for you Gil, until we heard you were over the worst.
哦,我想我很幸运,我还没恢复到老样子
Oh, I was lucky, I suppose. I’m not quite my old self yet.
到开学时,我的状态就会很好了
By the time the term starts, I’ll be in fine form.
我很高兴你回来了,安妮,对我很重要
I’m glad you came back when you did, Anne. It meant a lot to me.
我终于读了你的书,一部好作品,我就知道你行的
I finally read your book. A fine piece of work. I knew you could do it.
出版商已经在计划第二版了
Publishers are already planning a second edition.
这是一个很长的教训,但你是对的
It was a long lesson to learn. But you were right.
我不会再回金斯波特,我要留在绿山墙写作
I’m not going back to Kingsport. I’m going to stay here at Green Gables and write.
私立女子学校对你太苛刻了,是吗? -不是
The private girls school was too rough on you, was it? -No.
我只是去寻找我理想之外的自己
It’s just that I went looking for my ideals outside of myself.
我发现,重要的不是这个世界为你保留了什么,而是你为它带来了什么
I discovered it’s not what the world holds for you, it’s what you bring to it.
我心中最珍爱的梦想就在这里
The dreams dearest to my heart are right here.
好吧,我希望你继续做梦
Well, I hope you keep on dreaming.
还有三年,我才能从医学院毕业
It will be three years before I finish medical school,
即使到那时,也不会有任何钻石般的阳光和大理石的大厅
and even then, there won’t be any diamond sunbursts or marble halls.
我不想要任何阳光或大理石大厅
I don’t want any sunbursts or marble halls.
我只要你
I just want you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!