Just you forget about whatever they said. There’s not an ounce of truth in it.
我们不能让它毁了这个下午。 -我们没有给你惹麻烦吧,雪莉小姐?
We won’t let it spoil the afternoon. -We didn’t get you into trouble, did we, Miss Shirley?
别担心我,布鲁克不过是把旧战斧而已
Don’t worry about me. Brooke’s just an old battle-ax, anyway.
别告诉任何人我说了那些话。 -看到她穿过草坪时,我差点晕倒
Don’t tell anybody I said that. -I almost fainted when I saw her come across the lawn.
过几天她就会平静下来的,然后我把你哥哥的自行车拿回来
She’ll cool off in a few days, and then I’ll get your bother’s bicycle back.
来吧,别再说了
Come along, and don’t you give it another word.
你真该看看她满嘴泥巴的样子,雪莉小姐
You should have seen her with her mouth full of mud, Miss Shirley.
这是很久以来珍·普林格尔最好看的一次
That’s the best Jen Pringle’s looked in a long time.
好吧,我现在把灯关掉,布鲁克小姐
Alright, I’m turning my light out now, Miss Brooke.
雪莉小姐!
Miss Shirley!
艾米琳。 -哦,雪莉小姐,你得帮帮我们
Emmeline. -Oh, Miss Shirley, you’ve got to help us.
埃茜的哥哥早上要用他的自行车送货
Essie’s brother needs the bicycle in the morning for his
否则他就会被解雇,而且他已经准备要谋杀埃茜了
delivery job or he’ll be fired, and he’s ready to murder Essie.
我们打不开棚屋的门,她吓坏了,我怕她会晕倒
We can’t get the shed doors open. She’s awful scared, and I’m afraid she’ll faint.
既然布鲁克小姐这么做,愿上帝保佑我们
Heaven preserve us from Miss Brooke if she does.
麦克塔维什先生,管♥理♥员♥,把他的工具放在这里
Mr. McTavish, the groundsman, keeps his tools in here.
也许我们能看到链子或者撬开锁… -别哭了,埃茜
Maybe if we saw the chain or pick the lock… -Stop whimpering, Essie.
艾米琳,你能从上面的天窗挤进去吗?
Emmeline, do you think you could squeeze through that skylight up above?
嗯-哼,如果我有梯子的话
Uh-huh, if I had a ladder.
跟我来,我有个更好的主意
Come along. I’ve got a better idea.
好吧,你先下去,我把你放下去
Alright. You go down first, and I’ll shimmy down you.
我害怕,我要晕了
I’m frightened. I’m going to faint.
再等一会儿,埃茜,你行的
Hang on another moment, Essie, and you can.
如果有人抓到我们,你断定他们不会认为
If anyone catches us, you don’t suppose they’ll think
我们想偷东西,是吗,雪莉小姐?
we’re trying to steal anything, do you, Miss Shirley?
我们的动机决不是无聊的好奇心
Our motives are hardly idle curiosity.
好了
Alright.
解开那头,埃茜,把它扔下来
Untie the end, Essie, and throw it down.
我觉得你不该这么做
I don’t think you should do this.
哦,但愿天窗没锁,雪莉小姐
Oh, I hope the skylight’s not locked, Miss Shirley.
我们很幸运,麦克塔维什先生有一大堆工具在这
We’re in luck, Mr. McTavish has an army of tools down here.
很好,现在,如果我们可以…
Good. Now, if we can just-
床单
Bed sheets.
嗯,现在,安妮·雪莉,火在哪里?
Well, now, Anne Shirley, where’s the fire?
早上好
Good morning.
同学们,早上好
Good morning, class.
真的,姑娘们,如果你们想不出比这更像的
Really, girls. If you can’t come up with a better likeness than that,
我建议你们一起放弃吧
I suggest you give up all together.
打开你们的牛津诗集,第276页
Open your Oxford Book of Verse. Page 276.
丁尼生的《夏洛特夫人》
Tennyson’s “The Lady of Shalott.”
艾米琳,请你为我们读前四节,然后我们再讨论
Emmeline, would you please read the first four verses for us. Then we’ll discuss them.
天啊,天啊,现在我们在给谁擦亮苹果呢?
My, my. Whose apple are we polishing, now?
姑娘们,让我们把马车挂在星星上吧
Let’s hitch our wagon to a star, girls.
泛白的柳树,颤抖的白杨
Willows whiten, aspens quiver,
清风吹皱薄暮
Little breezes dusk and shiver.
在水波里永远轻抚,(经久不息的河流经过小岛)向古堡卡米洛流淌
Thro’ the wave that runs forever…Flowing down to Camelot-
你为什么迟到了? -今天早上我妈妈坚持要留下我的女仆
Why are you late? -My mother insisted on keeping my maid this morning.
没有人给我补袜子
I had no one to darn my stockings.
金斯波特女子学院不能容忍♥迟到,我也不能
Kingsport Ladies’ College does not tolerate tardiness, nor do I.
拿出你的字典,把整个“A”部分抄出来
Take out your dictionary and copy out the entire “A” section.
你以后得补上这节课
You’ll have to catch up on this class later.
她只在那里守夜祈祷,孤独地在房♥间里等着
There she kept her vigil only, Waiting in her chamber lonely
…俯瞰卡米洛。 收割者在收割大麦…
And looked down to Camelot. Reapers reaping fields of barley…
你是想告诉我艾米琳要为这件事负责吗?
Are you trying to tell me that Emmeline is soley responsible for this misconduct?
除了这个,我什么都不想告诉你
I’m not trying to tell you anything other than that
你女儿公然藐视规章制度
your daughter has an overt disregard for regulations.
偷窃就是偷窃,我不明白你怎么能装作若无其事
Stealing is stealing. I don’t see how you can pretend it to be otherwise.
这件事只是冰山一角,我认为她需要矫正纪律
This incident is the tip of the iceberg. I believe she requires remedial discipline.
既然如此,我也希望那位老师能把炭火耙平
And I want that teacher raked over the coals, as well, then.
我想这再好不过了,哈里斯上尉,但这得由董事会来决定
I’d like nothing better, Capt. Harris, but that will be for the board to decide.
让我说清楚,布鲁克小姐
Let me be perfectly clear, Miss Brooke.
我不会允许艾米琳被任何学校开除
I will not allow Emmeline to be expelled from any school.
我立刻要把我的女儿和我的经济资助
I’m withdrawing both my daughter and my financial support
从这个二流机构撤出来
from this second-rate institution immediately.
你可以跟董事会算账
You can reckon with the board of governors.
她在那里日夜地织着网,编织一张五彩斑斓的魔网
There she weaves by night and day, A magic web with colours gay.
她听到耳旁一声低语,倘若她就此停留 魔咒将会降身于她
She has heard a whisper say, A curse is on her if she stay
俯瞰卡米洛
To look down to Camelot.
我已经警告过你们两个在课堂上不要吃东西
I have warned you two about food in class.
把那个包裹拿过来,玛拉
Bring that parcel here, Myra.
把那个包裹拿过来
Bring that parcel here.
把它扔进炉子里。 -你确定你真的想让我这么做吗?
Throw it in the stove. -Are you sure you really want me to do this?
玛拉,立刻服从我
Myra, obey me at once.
她为什么要跑?
Why is she running?
快跑,姑娘们
Run, girls.
姑娘们,快跑!
Girls, run!
快跑,姑娘们!
Run, girls!
快跑! -救命!我的裙子被夹住了!
Run! -Help! My skirt is caught!
艾米琳!
Emmeline!
爸爸?爸爸!爸爸,你来了!
Papa? Papa! Papa, you came!
直接去车上,小姐
March straight out to the car, young lady.
把那副可笑的眼镜摘掉
And take off those ridiculous looking-spectacles.
你不应该戴着它们,除非看书。 -把那该死的警铃关掉!
You shouldn’t be wearing them other than for reading. -Shut that blasted alarm bell off!
这是我的老师,雪莉小姐。 -雪莉小姐,是吗?如果我没记错的话,我们以前见过
This is my teacher, Miss Shirley. -Miss Shirley, is it? We’ve met before if I’m not mistaken.
是的,先生,我记得
Yes, sir. I remember.
你到底做了什么,现在?
What in the devil have you done, now?
雪莉小姐让整个学院都在等着你矫正纪律,布鲁克小姐
Miss Shirley’s got the entire academy awaiting your remedial discipline, Miss Brooke.
我相信你一定会喜欢这个挑战
I’m quite positive you’ll enjoy the challenge.
艾米琳,来吧,我们要一劳永逸地离开这个四流机构
Emmeline, come on. You’re leaving this forth-rate institution, once and for all.
姑娘们! 姑娘们! 离那辆汽车远点!
Girls! Girls! Get away from that autocar!
(上部完,待续)

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!