It’s a blessing she’s going off to a ladies’ academy, that’s what.
我不赞成男女同校,从来都不赞成
I don’t approve of them coeducational institutions, and I never have
所有的女孩跟所有的男孩调情… -他们确实学了一点,瑞秋
All the girls flirting with all the boys… -They do study a little, Rachel.
少得可怜。不过,她的学生就会表现得很好的
Precious little. However, her pupils will be well enough
如果这所学校真像她说的那么富裕
behaved if this school’s as well-to-do as she claims.
我真不敢想象我竟然忘了一件事,你们都帮了大忙
I can’t imagine I’ve forgotten a thing. You’ve all been so helpful.
记住你是怎样长大的,好了,要经常去教堂,安妮,还要小心交朋友
Mind how you were raised, now, and go to church regularly, Anne. And be careful what friends you make.
天气变冷时,一定要穿上暖和的内衣
Be sure to put on your warm underclothes when the weather gets chilly.
是的,不管你做什么,都要注意健康。 -还有,等你安顿好了就通知我们
Yes, and be careful of your health, whatever you do. -And you let us hear from you when you’ve settled.
再见,安妮。 -再见
Goodbye, Anne. -Goodbye.
当你行李放在火车上的时候,要确保每件行李都贴好了标签
Make sure everything is well tagged when you put it on the train.
别担心,我们会照料好一切的
Don’t worry, we’ll take care of everything.
快点,现在,你会迟到的。祝你好运!
Hurry up, now. You’ll be late. Good luck!
再见,玛丽拉,我不知道没有你我该怎么办!
Good-bye, Marilla. I don’t know what I’d do without you!
你们俩都很棒。但我不会离开很久,我保证我会尽可能多地写信
You’ve both been so wonderful. But I won’t be gone for long and I promise I’ll write as often as I can
再见
Goodbye.
好了,玛丽拉,我从没想过一个孤儿会变得这么好
Well, Marilla. I never would have believed an orphan could turn out so fine.
没人能否认她现在真的又高又时尚
No one could deny she’s real tall and stylish now.
根本没人
Nobody at all.
我情不自禁地想起她还是个小女孩时的样子
I can’t help remembering her as a little girl.
太难了,我想管她又不知所措,马修要更理解她些
Awful hard, I was bewildered trying to manage her. Matthew understood her better.
嗯,你对她的改变如此之大,值得赞扬
Well, it’s to your credit you changed her as much as you did.
哦,她变化不大,真的
Oh, she hasn’t changed much. Not really.
改变的是我们,瑞秋
It’s us that’s changed, Rachel.
我是多么渴望这一刻,戴安娜
How I’ve longed for this moment, Diana.
现在这一刻出现在我眼前,我却无法忍♥受离开的念头
And now that it’s starring me in the face, I can’t bare the thought of leaving.
上星期我们看到吉尔·布莱斯去了医学院
We saw Gil Blythe up to medical school last week.
他说什么了吗,戴安娜? -我想他明白了,安妮
Did he say anything, Diana? -I think he understands, Anne.
金斯波特
安妮? 安妮·雪莉!
Anne? Anne Shirley!
哦,你来了! -哦,史黛西小姐!感觉就像几十年!
Oh there you are! -Oh, Miss Stacey! It feels like decades!
噢,在可怕的火车上熬了一整夜,你一定累坏了
Oh, up all night in that dreadful train, you must be exhausted.
我觉得心力交瘁,青涩,老土,而且只有十岁
I feel broken down and green and provincial and only ten years old.
可怜可怜吧,请带我到一个我能听到自己思想的地方去
For pity’s sake, please take me someplace where I can hear myself think.
我叫了辆计程车就在外面等着呢,你的行李票呢?
I’ve got a cab waiting just outside. Where are your luggage tickets?
司机会照管你的行李箱。 -如果你不在这里,
The driver can take care of your trunk. -If you weren’t here,
史黛西小姐,我想我应该坐下来大哭一场
Miss Stacey, I think I should just sit down and burst into tears.
嗯,我无法告诉你,有你在这里我是多么高兴,安妮
Well, I can’t tell you just how happy I am to have you here, Anne.
毕竟,如果不能拉一些关系,为什么要成为一个机构的董事会成员呢?
After all, why be a member of the board of governors in an institution if you can’t pull a few strings?
史黛西小姐,你没有。 -是的,我做了
Miss Stacey, you didn’t. -Yes, I did.
我打算继续写作
I intend to keep up with my writing.
这座古色古香的小镇将是一个极好的灵感源泉
This quaint, old town will be a wonderful inspiration.
嗯,我认为你的青春和活力会为我们女子学院作出巨大贡献
Well, I think your youth and vitality will make an enormous contribution to our ladies’ college.
毕竟,你是我在埃文利的得意门生
After all, you were my prize pupil in Avonlea.
哦,我太紧张了,我达不到他们的期望
Oh, I’m so nervous, I won’t meet with their expectations.
哦,胡说!
Oh, nonsense!
她们可能是来自富裕家庭的享有特权的年轻女士,但她们被宠坏了,娇生惯养
They may be privileged young ladies from wealthy families, but they’re spoiled and pampered.
伟大的约沙王!多么富裕啊!
Great Jehoshephat! What richness!
这比我想象的还要优雅得多
This is far more gracious than I ever dreamed could exist.
早上好,女士。 -早上好,请你告诉普林格尔夫人,史黛西小姐和
Good morning, Ma’am. -Good morning. Could you please tell Mrs. Pringle that Miss Stacey and
安妮·雪莉小姐来找她
Miss Anne Shirley are here to see her?
我想你在这里会很舒服的,汤姆·普林格尔夫人是校友
I think you’ll be quite comfortable here. Mrs. Tom Pringle is on the alumni,
她在金斯波特女子学院当寄宿教师已经30年了
she’s been boarding teachers from Kingsport Ladies’ College for 30 years now.
史黛西小姐,见到你很高兴。 -我也是,普林格尔夫人
Miss Stacey, how delightful to see you. -And you, Mrs. Pringle.
请允许我介绍一下,安妮·雪莉小姐,来自爱德华王子岛的埃文利。 -你好
May I introduce you to Miss Anne Shirley of Avonlea, Prince Edward’s Island. -How do you do?
她是我们在金斯波特女子学院的新英语老师,今年你们要让她寄宿
She is our new English teacher at Kingsport Ladies’ College whom you will be boarding this year.
要我叫计程车司机把她的行李箱拿来吗? -很明显,你没有收到我的信
Should I have the cabbie bring her trunk? -Obviously, you did not receive my letter.
恐怕我已经决定不带她去了,史黛西小姐
I’m afraid I’ve decided not to take her, Miss Stacey.
我实在是厌倦了被寄宿人员打扰
I’m really rather tired of being bothered boarding staff.
如你所知,我的姑娘们都已经毕业,而我和校友相处的时间实在太少了
My girls are finished, as you know, and I really spend so little time with the alumni.
但是,普林格尔夫人… -对于给您带来的不便,我深表歉意。再见,史黛西小姐
But, Mrs. Pringle… -I do apologize for the inconvenience. Good day, Miss Stacey.
没关系
Not at all.
再见。典型的普林格尔
Good day. Typically Pringle,
像奶油一样光滑,即使他们对你不利。好吧,我们走着瞧吧
smooth as cream, even when they’re working against you. Well, we shall see about that.
怎么了,史黛西小姐? -金斯波特到处都是普林格尔和半普林格尔
What is it, Miss Stacey? -Kingsport is full of Pringles and half-Pringles.
他们是统治这个镇的老财主,而汤姆·普林格尔夫人是整个部落的老大
They’re the old money that rules the town. And Mrs. Tom Pringle bosses the whole tribe.
我担心他们对你有怨气。 -他们为什么会这样?我完全是个陌生人
I was afraid they’d be down on you. -Why should they be? I’m a total stranger.
他们的一个表亲,艾米·普林格尔小姐申请了你的职位
One of their cousins, Miss Amy Pringle applied for your position
我可以补充说,她的资格很差
and was dismally less qualified, I might add.
尽管如此,当董事会宣布他们接受了你的申请时,好吧
However, when the board announced they had accepted your application, well,
他们一大堆人仰着头,嚎叫起来
the whole kit and caboodle of them just threw back their heads and howled
请到金斯波特女子学院,司机
Kingsport Ladies’ College, please, driver.
好吧,他们不会得逞的
Well, they’re not going to get away with it.
他们不能抵♥制♥董事会的决定,这是不民♥主♥的
They can’t boycott the board’s decision. It’s undemocratic.
我不确定我是否总是相信民♥主♥
I’m not sure I quite always trust democracy.
他们一直统治着这里,他们整个家族—在政♥治♥上和社会上
They’ve always ruled the roost here, the whole clan of them-politically and socially.
嗯,他们可能拥有木材厂,铁路,煤气厂和毛纺厂,
Well, they may own the lumber mill, the railway, the gasworks and the woolen mill,
但我不会让普林格尔家族支配我们的教育体系
but I will not allow the Pringles to dictate our system of our education.
你无法想象我现在有多紧张
You can’t imagine how nervous I am now.
凯瑟琳·布鲁克小姐是这里的校长
Miss Katherine Brooke is the principal here.
她在纪律问题上时不时严格呆板
She’s a bit of a martinet in matters of discipline from time to time.
但是,我相信我们能够解决可能出现的任何微小的意见分歧
But I’m sure we can resolve whatever little differences in opinion that might arise.
请进。 -早上好,布鲁克小姐
Come in. -Good morning, Miss Brooke.
史黛西小姐。 -恕我冒昧
Miss Stacey. -Please forgive the intrusion,
但我很想把你介绍给我们的新英语教师,安妮·雪莉小姐
but I was just so eager to introduce you to our new English professor, Miss Anne Shirley,
她是我整个教学生涯中最耀眼的明星之一
one of the brightest stars in my entire teaching career.
最近还出版了一篇短篇小说
She has recently published a short work of fiction, as well.
欢迎来到金斯波特,雪莉小姐,请坐
Welcome to Kingsport, Miss Shirley. Please, sit down.
谢谢,我很高兴来到这里。 -史黛西小姐极力向我们推荐你
Thank you. I’m very pleased to be here. -Miss Stacey has recommended you so highly to us.
我没想到如此有成就的人会如此年轻
I hadn’t expected one so accomplished to be so young
少年得志大不幸,千金难买♥♥少年穷
A fault which time will cure, all too soon.
布鲁克小姐,看来雪莉小姐的住宿有些问题
Miss Brooke, there seems to be some sort of mix-up regarding Miss Shirley’s accommodations.
不过我相信你不会反对她留下来
But I was sure you wouldn’t object to having her to stay
和你的外地寄宿生待在学校里
here at the school with your out-of-town boarding students.
我相信,你会发现她是她们最完美的孩子母亲
I’m sure you’ll find her to be the perfect den mother for them.
在这个机构里,我们不需要母性的矫揉造作
We have no need of maternal affectations in this
史黛西小姐,我们按规章制度办事
institution, Miss Stacey. We govern by rules and regulations-
面团时不时也需要发酵粉的,布鲁克小姐
Which do require a leaven in the lump from time to time, Miss Brooke.
我们让管♥理♥员♥把雪莉小姐的东西拿进来好吗?
Shall we have the groundsmen bring in Miss Shirley’s things?
我会让女仆准备她的房♥间
I’ll have the maid prepare her room.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
她是个不折不扣的军士长,史黛西小姐,我怎么能容忍♥她的挖苦呢?
She is an absolute sergeant major, Miss Stacey. How shall I ever tolerate her sarcasm?
话虽如此,她是一位尽心尽职的教师,即便她的纪律有些过分
Nonetheless, she is a dedicated teacher, if somewhat of an excessive disciplinarian.
听着,你只要仰起你的下巴,尽你最大的努力,要是能把他们都惹毛就好了
Look, you just keep your chin up and you give it your very best. If only to spite them all.
你知道我有多看重你的能力,安妮。 -我会尽我所能来应付这种局面
You know how highly I regard your abilities, Anne. -I shall do my very best to rise to the occasion.
好姑娘
Good girl.
现在,你要在明天开始上课之前把自己安顿好
Now you’ll want to get yourself organized before the start of classes tomorrow.
谢谢你所做的一切,史黛西小姐。 -其他的我们晚点再聊
Thank you for everything, Miss Stacey. -We can do the rest of our catching up later.
以后,雪莉小姐,请记住,你无权做出任何改变
In future, Miss Shirley, you will kindly remember that you are not at liberty to make any changes,
无论多么微不足道,都要遵守这个机构的惯例
no matter how minor, to the conventions of this institution.
对不起,我只是被你鼓舞人心的语录感动了,想把它修饰一下
I’m sorry. I was just so moved by your inspiring quotation, I wanted to embellish it.
别一副屈尊俯就的样子
Don’t patronize me.
雪莉小姐,在那么多果酱里,一颗药丸算什么?
What is to be the pill in all this jam, Miss Shirley?
怎么了,没什么,我只是觉得这是一个非常振奋人心的想法,仅此而已
Why, nothing. I just thought it was a tremendously uplifting idea, that’s all.
我很高兴你把你的名字拼成“K”
I’m glad you spell your name with a “K.” Katherine with
“凯瑟琳”用“K”拼,比用“C”拼更有魅力
a “K” is so much more alluring than Catherine with a “C.”
一个“C”看起来总是那么沾沾自喜
A “C” always looks so smug.
我们有50位年轻的女士,她们来自滨海诸省最有地位的家庭
We have fifty young ladies in our charge from the most privileged families in the maritimes.
我的方法是训诫任何违反最高礼仪标准的行为
My methods admonish anything beyond the standards of the utmost decorum.
这不是你所习惯的那种公立学校,雪莉小姐
This is not a public school of the kind that you are used to, Miss Shirley;
我们的学生不需要修饰
our students do not require embellishment.
简单、直接地遵守规章制度
Simple, straightforward adherence to rules and regulations
我已经给你说清楚了,雪莉小姐
which I have clearly delineated for you, Miss Shirley.
我们的学生从每堂课一开始就在学习中接受训练
Our students are drilled in their studies at the beginning of each class.
我们的15名寄宿生将严格遵守用餐时间和就寝时间
Bedtime and mealtime will be strictly observed by our fifteen boarders.
你,雪莉小姐,要确保寄宿生尤其遵守最严格的秩序
You, Miss Shirley, will see to it that the boarders especially adhere to the utmost orderliness.
我将把他们置于你持续的指导之下
I’m placing them under your continual direction.
全体教员都叫我布鲁克,你也可以这么叫
I am referred to by the entire faculty as Brooke. You may do the same.
是,布鲁克小姐。 -我知道你有非凡的才能
Yes, Miss Brooke. -I understand you have extraordinary talents.
我期待看到这些才能
I look forward to observing them.
很高兴能得到你某种程度上的认可
Glad I meet with your approval on some approximation.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!