You know, you’re about as intellectual as Charlie and Moody and Fred
其他男孩子只会想着
and all the rest of the boys who can only think of
找个傻姑娘结婚,有自己的房♥子
finding some silly girl to marry and keep a house for them.
好吧,想哭就哭吧,自怨自艾吧
Well you can cry and feel sorry for yourself all you want,
但这并不能帮你写出更好的小说
but it won’t help you write a better novel.
下星期二你还愿意和我一起去参加弗雷德的野餐会吗?
Will you still come with me to Fred’s clambake next Tuesday?
听着,安妮,对不起,让我送你回去好吗?
Listen, Anne, I’m sorry. Will you let me walk you back?
我只是想帮…
I was just trying to be helpful…
你知道你有时会惹我生气
You know you get my back up sometimes.
听着,对不起,我还能做什么?
Listen, I’m sorry. What else can I do?
让我偶尔插上一句话,然后再“甩”你!
Let me get a word in edgewise once in a while before I pitch you!
日安,玛丽拉。 -嗯,约翰·布莱斯
Good day, Marilla. -Well, John Blythe.
我们最近很少在这一带见到你
We haven’t seen you around these parts much, lately.
嗯,我现在没有太多时间去应酬了
Well, I haven’t much time for social calls now-a-days.
不过,这个老地方看起来仍然那么漂亮。 -这些旧建筑物日益磨损
The old place still looks as pretty, though. -The old buildings are getting worn down,
但埃文利村的人们仍然说它是北岸最可爱的老地方
but people in Avonlea still say that it’s the loveliest old spot on the North Shore.
确实如此
It is that.
有些事情永远不会改变,即使在30年里
Some things never change, even in 30 years.
我在找我儿子
I’m looking for my boy.
是的,安妮和他正在池塘边散步
Yes, Anne and he are walking by the pond.
也许,你愿意坐一会儿等他们回来?
Maybe, would you like to sit a while until they come back?
谢谢,但我们要在天黑之前把货运到夏洛特镇
Thanks, but we’re taking a shipment in to Charlottetown before dark.
我最好去找他们
I best go and find them.
安妮!你卖♥♥牛的20美元怎么办?
Anne! What about your $20 for the cow?
苹果不会掉到离树很远的地方,不是吗?日安,玛丽拉
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, does it? Good day, Marilla.
好啦,好啦…
There, There…
别往心里去了,安妮·雪莉
You take things too much to heart, Anne Shirley.
哦,玛丽拉,今天真是一个约拿日(不幸的一天)
Oh, Marilla. It’s been such a Jonah day.
罗林斯可靠发酵粉,多莉,吉尔伯特
Rollings Reliable, Dolly, Gilbert.
好了,好了,每个人都会有约拿日,上帝最清楚
Now, now. Jonah days come to everybody. God knows best.
你常说:“明天总是新鲜的,没有错误”
You used to say: “Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes.”
还记得吗?
Do you remember?
哦,你真是个在那种日子犯忌的小女孩,嗯?
Oh, what a girl you were for making mistakes in them days. Hmm?
我以前还以为你着魔了呢
I used to think you were possessed.
想起你染头发那次吗?
Mind the time you dyed your hair?
哦,上帝。-哦,我的红头发过去真让人担心
Oh, Lord. -Oh, what a worry my red hair used to be.
我恐怕从来就不能很好地忍♥受别人的批评
I’m afraid I’ve never been able to endure personal criticism very well.
下午吉尔伯特对我的故事讲了他真实的看法
Gilbert gave his honest opinion about my story this afternoon.
噢,我的脾气总是占上风!
Oh, my temper always gets the better of me!
我用尽全力抽打他。 -我很高兴听到这个
I whipped him as hard as I could. -I’m glad to hear it.
布莱斯一家总是为了自己的利益而固执己见
The Blythes have always been far too opinionated for their own good.
不,玛丽拉,他是对的。我把自己变成了一个可怕的白♥痴♥
No, Marilla. He was right. And I’ve made a terrible idiot of myself.
你不知道我有多恶毒。 -我能想象
You don’t know how spiteful I was. -I can imagine.
我们的友谊,再也不会是从前的样子了
Our friendship, it won’t ever be the same now.
为什么他就不能懂事点,不要表现得像个多愁善感的小学生呢?
Why can’t he just be sensible instead of acting like a sentimental schoolboy?
因为他爱你。 -他爱我吗?
Because he loves you. -He loves me?
我不知道为什么
I can’t know why.
因为你让乔茜·派伊、露比·吉利斯
Because you made Josie Pye and Ruby Gillis
以及那些围着他跳华尔兹的肤浅的年轻女士
and all of those wishy-washy young ladies who waltzed by him,
被他视若无物
look like spineless nothings.
玛丽拉,他可不是我心目中浪漫的追求者
Marilla, he’s hardly my idea of a romantic suitor.
安妮,你从你的想象中编出了一些你称之为浪漫的东西
Anne, you have tricked something out of that imagination of yours that you call romance.
你忘了他是怎样为你放弃埃文利学校,好让你留在这里陪我的吗?
Have you forgotten how he gave up the Avonlea school for you so that you could stay here with me?
他每天都用马车来接你,这样你们就可以一起学习功课
He picked you up everyday in his carriage so that you could study your courses together.
不要为了一些根本不存在的荒谬想象而放弃它
Don’t toss it away for some ridiculous ideal that doesn’t exist.
现在,你下楼来,看看是不是有一杯好茶
Now, you come downstairs and see if a good cup of tea
还有我今天做的那些李子泡芙能不能让你振作
and some of those plum puffs I made today don’t hearten you.
李子泡芙不会对有精神病的人起作用
Plum puffs won’t minister to a mind diseased
在一个支离破碎的世界里
in a world that’s crumbled into pieces.
嗯,我很高兴看到你那萎靡不振的精神并没有伤到你的舌头
Well, I’m glad to see that your dented spirits haven’t injured your tongue.
我想你把那头该死的母牛卖♥♥了也好
I suppose it’s just as well you sold the darn cow.
虽然你做事情的方式是可怕的心血来潮
Though you do do things in a dreadful head longed fashion.
我只祈祷瑞秋今天看到她的土豆地时不要爆血管
I only pray Rachel doesn’t burst a blood vessel when she sees her potato fields today.
我已经决定写信给史黛西小姐,向她询问有关那所女子学院的更多详情
I’ve decided to write Miss Stacey and ask her for more particulars on this ladies’ college.
我认为这是一个明智的主意,安妮
I think that’s a wise idea, Anne.
出去给我找几个鸡蛋,好吗?
Go out and find me a couple of eggs, will you?
真不知道多莉是怎么从围栏里逃出去的
I don’t know how in heaven’s name Dolly got out of that pen.
她准是打碎了一些木板
She must have just broken some of the boards.
哦,不!
Oh, No!
玛丽拉! 多莉在这儿! -安妮?我的天啊,你究竟怎么了?
Marilla! Dolly’s here! -Anne? What in heaven’s name is the matter with you?
我该怎么办?啊,太可怕了,都是我的错
What will I do? Oh, this is terrible. It’s all my fault.
在我不顾一切向前冲之前,我必须学会反省一下了!
I must learn to reflect a little before I go charging ahead recklessly!
安妮·雪莉,你这个最让人恼火的女孩,你到底做了什么?
Anne Shirley, you are the most exasperating girl. What is it that you’ve done?
我把瑞秋·林德的泽西牛卖♥♥给了布莱斯先生,就是他们去年春天在卡莫迪买♥♥的那头
I’ve sold Rachel Lynde’s jersey cow, the one they bought in Carmody last spring, to Mr. Blythe.
而多莉就在挤奶的围栏里,此时此刻! -安妮,你在做梦吗?
And Dolly is here this very minute in the milking pen! -Anne, are you dreaming?
不,我倒是希望我在做梦,做梦也想不到,这太像一场噩梦了
No, I only wish I were. There’s no dream about it. It’s very much like a nightmare.
那是多莉。 -瑞秋·林德的母牛现在已经在夏洛特镇了
That is Dolly. -Rachel Lynde’s cow is in Charlottetown by now.
玛丽拉,我以为我已经摆脱了困境,现在我又陷进去了
Marilla, I thought I was finished getting into scrapes, and here I am
这是我一生中最糟糕的一次
in the very worst one I was in in my entire life.
我能做什么? -做什么?除了把真♥相♥告诉瑞秋之外,没别的法子
What can I do? -Do? There’s nothing to do but to go to go and tell Rachel the truth.
你要学会沉住气,面对现实
You just going to have to learn to settle down and pay head to things.
我把自己的脸丢尽了
I’ve humiliated myself into the very dust.
也许她会接受一盘李子泡芙作为和平礼物
Perhaps she’ll accept a plate of plum puffs as a peace offering.
哦,不,如果她就是那十字架,当我说出我做的事,她会是什么样子?
Oh, no. If she’s that cross, what will she be when I say what I’ve done?
如果她给你说话的机会
If she gives you the chance to say anything at all.
午安,托马斯。 -午安,玛丽拉
Afternoon, Thomas. -Afternoon, Marilla.
午安,瑞秋。 -玛丽拉,安妮,很高兴你们来了
Afternoon, Rachel. -Marilla, Anne. I’m glad you’ve come.
我当然不打算去拜访你们这些人,因为我上次拜访你们的时候,遭到你们的奚落
I certainly had no intention of visiting you people after being flown at as I was on my last visit.
好吧,看起来好像落下心结了
Well, it would appear that some kind of cuffuffle has come out of this
安妮想… -拜托,玛丽拉,我还没说完呢
Anne would like to… -Please, Marilla. I’m not finished yet.
经过思索,我意识到我应负部分责任
On reflection I realized that I was partly to blame.
我没有权利对你那样发脾气,我不是那种永远不肯承认自己错误的人
I had no right to be so ill-tempered with you. And I’m not one of them who can never be brought to own up to their mistakes.
我想向你道歉,安妮·雪莉
I’d like to apologize to you, Anne Shirley,
我想知道你是否愿意在我那本《艾薇儿的赎罪》上签名
and I wonder if you’d sign my copy of your ‘Avril’s Atonement’.
他们为这样的谎言所付出的金钱真是太惊人了,但是
The money they pay for such lies is perfectly amazing, but
我把它读给我的托马斯听,我们都很感动
I read it to my Thomas and we were both moved.
非常感谢你,因为这是他唯一的娱乐
I’m much obliged to you as it’s the only entertainment he’s had
在过去的六个月里
in the past six months.
我笑得太厉害了,我不知道这对我的心脏好不好
I laughed so hard I’m not sure it wasn’t good for my heart.
我太高兴了!
I’m so pleased!
来吧,把你们的东西放下。你们留下来喝茶,好吗?
Come and lay off your things. You’ll stay to tea, won’t you?
谢谢,瑞秋
Thank you, Rachel.
安妮,你的容貌和才能都有了很大的提高,这简直是个奇迹
It’s nothing short of a wonder how you’ve improved, Anne, in looks and talent.
我本人并不过分偏爱苍白的、天真的风格; 我更喜欢明快和有色彩的
I’m not overly partial to the pale, wide-eyed style, myself; I prefer more snap and color
但你把埃文利的女孩们描绘得太美好了,似乎有点过头
But you do make them other Avonlea girls with showy good looks seem kind of overdone.
就像把我身边的六月百合描绘成红色的大牡丹,就这个意思
Like my June lilies alongside them big red peonies, that’s what.
这是你的茶,托马斯。 -我不想喝茶
Here’s your tea, Thomas. -I don’t want tea.
好了,好了,托马斯,你就在这里小睡一会儿,呼吸点新鲜空气
Now, now, Thomas. You just finish you nap here and get some fresh air.
我真的…我想向你坦白一些事,林德太太
I really – I wanted to confess something to you, Mrs. Lynde.
是关于泽西牛。 -今早我看到了踩坏的土豆地
It’s about the jersey cow. -I saw my trampled potato fields this morning.
别介意,安妮,现在没什么区别了。 -要是那样就好了,林德太太
Never mind, Anne. It makes no difference now. -If only it were that, Mrs. Lynde.
但事情比这要糟糕十倍。 -好吧,除非你死了,否则你永远不会不受惊吓
But it’s ten times worse. -Well, you’re never safe from surprise till you’re dead.
别告诉我她还吃完了我最后的卷心菜。 -不是卷心菜,林德太太
Don’t tell me she’s done in the last of my cabbages, too. -It’s not the cabbages, Mrs. Lynde.
我会告诉你一切,请不要打断我,这让我很紧张
I’ll tell you everything. Just please don’t interrupt. It’s making me nervous.
瑞秋! -托马斯,你应该在打盹!
Rachel! -Thomas, you’re supposed to be snoozing!
你瞧,戴安娜和我昨天在你的土豆地里追赶一头泽西牛
See, Diana and I chased a certain jersey cow out of your potato field, yesterday.
嗯,你无法想象我们有多艰难
Well, you can’t imagine what a difficult time we had.
在这一切结束之后,我累得要命,浑身湿漉漉的,特别生气
I was so dreadfully tired and wet and cross after it all.
好吧,我当场以20美元的价格把牛卖♥♥给了布莱斯家
Well, I sold the cow on the spot to the Blythes for $20.
我希望你没有生她的气,玛丽拉,她应该先和你商量一下
I hope you’re not vexed with her, Marilla. She should have consulted you first.
只要我的卷心菜安全,我们就当什么也没发生
So long as my cabbages are safe, we’ll just pretend it didn’t happen.
你瞧,今天早上,我发现我的多莉仍然关在我们的挤奶围栏里
See, this morning, I found my Dolly still shut up in our milking pen.
安妮卖♥♥给约翰·布莱斯的是你的母牛,瑞秋
It was your cow that Anne sold to John Blythe, Rachel.
布莱斯先生下午用车把它运走了
And it was shipped out right away on the afternoon train by Mr. Blythe.
你会发现我们的泽西牛跟你的一样好,或者你更愿意要20美元
You will find our jersey is as good as yours. Or perhaps you’d prefer the $20.
玛丽拉·卡斯伯特!
Marilla Cuthbert!
我们花了50多美元买♥♥我们的牛,而我并不
We paid more than $50 for our cow, and I have no
打算接受你们的那头无赖作为交换
intention of accepting that varmint of yours in exchange.
你已经承认你对这一切负有部分责任!
You have admitted you are partially to blame for all of this!
安妮·雪莉,你太粗心大意,太冲动了。你简直是
Anne Shirley, you are too heedless and impulsive. You just
想到什么就做什么啊,就这个意思