whenever Gilbert Blythe is in anyone’s company. -That’s not true.
原谅我吧,戴安娜,我不是故意要吵架
Please, forgive me Diana. I didn’t mean to pick a quarrel.
你为什么不亲口告诉我你和弗雷德的事?
Why couldn’t you have told me about you and Fred yourself?
我觉得我失去了最好的朋友
I feel like I lost my best friend.
你那么忙着写你的书,批改考卷
You were so busy writing your book and marking exam papers.
事情就发生了
It just happened.
然后他就向我求婚
Then he asked.
我真的很开心
I’m really happy.
觉得我和弗雷德订婚很愚蠢,是吗?
But it does seem ridiculous to think of me being engaged to Fred, doesn’t it?
我不在乎他长什么样,他心地善良,很体贴
I don’t care what he looks like. He’s got a good heart. He’s so thoughtful.
总有一天我们会成为一对矮胖的老夫妻,不过没关系
We’ll probably make a pudgy old couple some day. But it doesn’t matter.
我为你高兴,戴安娜。 -你从没想过要结婚吗?
I’m glad for you, Diana. -Don’t you ever mean to get married?
也许吧,如果遇到对的人…
Perhaps. If I meet the right one…
吉尔伯特呢? -吉尔伯特只是个密友
What about Gilbert? -Gilbert’s just a chum.
我对他没那种感觉,你知道我的理想是什么,戴安娜
I don’t care for him that way. You know what my ideal is, Diana.
高大,英俊,骄傲,忧郁
Tall, irresistably handsome, proud, and melancholy.
但人的理想有时会变的
But people’s ideals change sometimes.
我不会,我不会喜欢任何不满足这些要求的人
Mine wouldn’t. And I wouldn’t care for any man who didn’t fulfill them.
如果你遇不到这样的人呢? -那么我就像老处♥女♥一样死去
What if you never meet him? -Then I shall die an old maid.
我想你有要求是对的
I suppose you’re right to be discriminating.
等你的故事出版,全国一半的男人都会向你求爱
Half the men across the country will be courting you when your story’s published.
你会出名的,而我会为你骄傲
You’re going to be famous and I’ll be so proud.
怎么了?
What is it?
《妇女家庭杂♥志♥》退稿了。 -什么?
“Women’s Home Journal” sent it back. -What?
小编一定是疯了!他说了什么理由?
The editor must be crazy! What reason did he give?
根本没说理由,只是打印一张纸条说无法接受。 -太荒谬了!
No reason at all. Just a printed slip saying it wasn’t acceptable. -That’s ridiculous!
他准是没读过你的稿子,我要马上取消订阅那份杂♥志♥
He mustn’t have read it. I’m going to cancel my subscription immediately.
《艾薇儿的赎罪》,听起来是如此刺♥激♥和浪漫
“Avril’s Atonement.” It sounded so inspriing and romantic.
如果你能回想起我故事中有什么重大错误,戴安娜,你会如实告诉我吗?
If you can tell me truthfully, Diana, if you can recall any major faults in my story?
就是艾薇儿做蛋糕那部分
The part where Avril makes the cake.
它不 – 它似乎与故事的其余部分不相称
It doesn’t – It doesn’t seem to match the rest of the story.
但那是整个故事中最浪漫的部分之一!
But that’s one of the most romantic parts in the whole story!
众所周知,古代的伟大女性相信烹饪艺术也能滋养灵魂
It’s a well known fact that great ladies of old believed that the culinary arts also fed the soul.
好吧,我得再读一遍,才能记住我的第一印象
Well, I’ll have to read it again to remember what my first opinion was.
如果你让我留下你的稿子,也许我可以提出一些修改意见
If you let me keep it, maybe I can suggest some changes.
你不知道遭到拒绝是多么令人沮丧,戴安娜
You don’t know how discouraging it is to get a rejection, Diana.
尤其是在我正写一部新史诗《罗莎琳的复仇》的时候
And right when I’m in the midst of writing a new epic: “Rosaline’s Revenge.”
它确实使玫瑰开不了花。 -别气馁,安妮
It certainly takes the bloom off the rose. -Don’t be discouraged, Anne.
安妮·雪莉! 我一天也不能再忍♥受了
Anne Shirley! I’m not going to put with this a day longer.
我警告过玛丽拉不要让这种事再发生,好吧,又发生了
I warned Marilla not to let it happen again. Well, it has.
忍♥耐已不再是一种美德,我要求立刻停止这个闹剧
Patience has ceased to be a virtue. I want this rumpus stopped right now.
请你冷静下来,告诉我有什么问题好吗? -冷静?
Would you just calm down and tell me what the trouble is. -Calm down?
首先是我们的土豆,然后是我的六月百合,那是托马斯在我们结婚25周年纪念日种的
First it was our potatoes. Then my June lilies, which Thomas planted on our 25th wedding anniversary.
现在,这头该死的泽西牛几乎毁了我所有获奖卷心菜
Now this darn jersey cow’s devoured almost all my prize-winning cabbages.
如果蒂莉·博尔特在夏洛特镇展览会上带着红丝带离开
And if Tillie Boulter walks away with the red ribbon at the Charlottetown exhibition,
你可以让玛丽拉知道我要让她承担经济责任
you can let Marilla know I am holding her financially responsible.
对不起,林德太太,多莉是我的母牛,不是玛丽拉的
I’m sorry, Mrs. Lynde because Dolly is my cow, not Marilla’s.
两年前马修从贝尔先生那里买♥♥的。 -对不起?
Matthew bought her for me two years ago as a calf from Mr. Bell. -Sorry?
好吧,道歉对这头牛在我的卷心菜上踩来踩去的习惯毫无帮助
Well, sorry is not going to help the habit this cow has made trampling through my cabbages.
如果你想… -对不起
And if you think… -I am sorry.
但是,把你们的土豆地和我们牧场隔开的栅栏很碍眼
But the fence that separates your potato field from our pasture is an eyesore.
如果你能把栅栏好好修理一下,多莉就不会
And if you’d keeep it in better repair, Dolly wouldn’t
闯进去了。 -监狱的栅栏也挡不住那个魔鬼!
have broken in. -A jail fence wouldn’t keep that devil out!
更重要的是,我的托马斯在过去六个月里病得很重,没办法修什么栅栏
And what’s more, my Thomas has been far too ill the past six months to repair any fences.
我只知道一件事,你这个红头发的家伙! 你最好亲自动手去修栅栏
And I know one thing, you red-headed snippet! You’d be better employed fixing that fence yourself,
而不是在周围闲逛,浪费时间,给什么垃圾杂♥志♥写东西
rather than mooning around, wasting your time, writing for some rubbishy magazine.
我宁愿把时间花在有益的事情上,也不愿把它浪费在无聊的八卦
I would rather spend my time profitably than squander it in idle gossip,
去干涉别人的事
meddling in other people’s affairs.
我不会因为你的观点狭隘而对你有任何怨恨
I won’t cherish any hard feelings against you because of your narrow minded opinions.
但谢天谢地,我还有想象力
But thank goodness I have an imagination
这让我明白了在获奖卷心菜中找到一头牛是什么感觉
which allows me to understand how it must be to find a cow amongst prize-winning cabbages.
多莉再也不会闯进你的地了,在这一点上我向你保证
Dolly shall never break into your field again. I give you my word of honor on that point.
好吧,你确保她不会就行!
Well, you just make sure that she doesn’t!
好吧,玛丽拉,我希望那匹运河马下次把你的番茄地毁掉
Well Marilla, I hope that canal horse destroys your tomato patch next.
别指望你的姑娘会同情你,我一直警告你,她的脾气和她的头发很相配
And don’t expect any sympathy from your girl. I’ve always warned you she had a temper to match her hair.
哦,上帝
Oh, good Lord.
现在她不可能出去了,除非她把栅栏拆掉
She can’t possibly get out now unless she tears the fence down.
我从没意识到林德太太这么怪。 -她肯定不是一位志趣相投的人
I never realized Mrs. Lynde was such a crank.
-There’s certainly nothing of a kindred spirit in her.
你把太多的心放在琐事上,当你做不到时,你会陷入绝望
You set your heart too much on frivolous things and then crash down into despair when you don’t get them.
我知道,我情不自禁地在期待的风中飞翔
I know. I can’t help flying up on the winds of anticipation.
就像在夕阳中翱翔一样壮丽,差点为扑通落地付出代价
It’s as glorious as soaring through a sunset. It almost pays for the thud.
嗯,也许吧,但我宁愿平静地行走,既不飞翔,也不扑通落地
Well, maybe it does. But I’d rather walk calmly along and do without both flying and thud.
马林,他忘记果园坡上的牛了
Marin. He’s forgotten the cows on Orchard Slope.
在那种情况下,我已经尽可能彬彬有礼了,玛丽拉
I was as polite as I could be, under the circumstances, Marilla.
尽管她说了些刺耳的话,我还是道歉了
And I apologized, despite her stinging personal remarks.
我知道,瑞秋擅长激怒别人
Rachel specializes in getting under people’s skin, I know.
可是,安妮,既然我们错了,你就不该多说
But you ought to have bit your tongue, Anne, seeing as we were in the wrong.
一个月前,吉尔伯特的父亲想买♥♥多莉的时候,我就应该把多莉卖♥♥给他
No, I ought to have sold Dolly to Gilbert’s father a month ago when he wanted to buy her.
我当时想,还是等到拍卖♥♥的时候,与所有存货一起卖♥♥
I thought it was just as well to wait until the auction and let all the stock go together.
马丁! 还有两头奶牛!
Martin! There are two more cows!
瑞秋会没事的,最近她神经一直很紧张,她那样是自然的
Rachel will get over this. Her nerves have been raw lately, and deservedly so.
托马斯的病情很糟,斯宾塞医生说他的日子不多了
Thomas is pretty bad, and Dr. Spencer says that he won’t be with us for very long.
但愿她不必卖♥♥掉她的农场,那将是一个巨大的损失
I hope she doesn’t have to sell her farm, that would be a terrible loss.
我知道马修死时我们的感受
I know how we felt when Matthew died.
安妮,我想和你谈点事,我知道你在这里已经很满足
Anne, I wanted to talk to you about something for a while. I know you’ve been content enough here.
但是,一想到你为什么会放弃那么多属于你的机会,我就感到不安
But I never feel at ease thinking about how you’ve been given up so much of your own opportunity.
玛丽拉,我不能把你一个人留在这里
Marilla, I couldn’t leave you alone here.
此外,我随时都可能成为一个比作家好得多的老师
Besides, I’d probably make a much better teacher than a writer, any day.
安妮,自从马修去世后,你一直是我的安慰和欢乐
Anne, you’ve been my comfort any my joy since Matthew passed away.
但是,当你放弃艾弗里奖学金留在家里时,我就私下发誓
But I’ve promised myself that when you gave up the Avery scholarship to stay home,
总有一天我会补偿你。 -我一刻也没后悔
I’d make it up to you one day. -I’ve never been sorry I stayed for a moment.
巴里先生几乎完全接管了这个农场
Mr. Barry has really taken over the farm almost completely.
现在我的视力好多了,我可以和马丁一起应付
And my eyesight is so much better now, I can manage with Martin.
也许在鲁斯蒂科的皮卡德家姑娘中,有一个可以和我一起住一阵子
Perhaps one of the Piccard girls over in Rustico could board with me for a while
所以,如果你愿意,你可以重拾起你的那些雄心壮志,你觉得怎么样?
so you could dust off some of your ambitions if you like. What do you think about that?
哦,玛丽拉,我觉得好像有人把月亮给了我,而我不知道该拿它怎么办
Oh Marilla, I feel as though someone’s handed me the moon and I don’t exactly know what to do with it.
马修和我花了40年照顾爸爸
Matthew and I spent 40 years looking after papa.
也许我以前从没提过,但我不得不承认
Perhaps I never mentioned it before, but I can’t help but confess
有时候心里是觉得遗憾的
it was with a regretful heart at times.
在你自己的生活中也有一些浪漫呢,玛丽拉
You had a little bit of romance in your own life, Marilla.
你看着我的时候不会有这种想法,对吧?
You wouldn’t think it to look at me, would you?
但人不可貌相啊
But you can never tell about people by their outsides.
你认为布莱斯先生还记得他是你的情郎吗?
Do you suppose that Mr. Blythe remembers that he was your beau?
胡说八道。哦,不,这就够了,别再犯傻了
Stuff and nonsense. Oh, no. That’s enough now. No more foolishness.
噢,一想到戴安娜要嫁给弗雷德,就觉得既滑稽又可怕,不是吗?
Oh it seems so funny and horrible to think of Diana marrying Fred. Doesn’t it?
有那么可怕吗?
What is so horrible about it?
嗯,他肯定不是戴安娜曾经想要嫁的那种放荡不羁的年轻人
Well he certainly isn’t the wild, dashing young man Diana used to want to marry.
弗雷德是极好的
Fred is extremely good.
他应该如此,难道你愿意嫁给一个坏男人吗?
That is exactly what he should be. Would you want to marry a wicked man?
我不会嫁给真坏的男人
Well I wouldn’t marry anyone who was really wicked,
但我想,如果他能做坏事而不去做,我会很高兴
but I think I’d like it if he could be wicked and wouldn’t.
我希望有一天你会更理智些
You’ll have more sense someday, I hope.
我相信安妮·雪莉只是抄袭了那个故事
I believe Anne Shirley just copied that story.
我确信我记得几年前在报纸上读到过
I am sure I remember reading it in a newspaper years ago.
嗯,听说她开始写小说了,我很遗憾
Well, I’m sorry to hear she’s taken to writing novels
就是,所有在埃文利出生和长大的人都不会做这种事
at all. Nobody born and bred in Avonlea would do it.
最近还在写故事吗,雪莉小姐? -没有,哈里森太太
Been writing anymore stories lately, Miss Shirley? -No, Mrs. Harrison.
好吧,请别见怪,女士。 梅布尔·斯隆说她发现了另一个
Well, no offense, ma’am. Mable Sloane here says that she found another one of
几个星期前寄来的马尼拉大信封,仅此而已
them big manilla envelopes come through here a couple of weeks ago, that’s all.
这封信是寄给蒙特利尔的罗林斯可靠发酵粉公♥司♥的
It was addressed to the Rollings Reliable Baking Powder Company in Montreal.
我怀疑有人想争他们提供的奖品
My suspicion that someone was trying for that prize that they were offering
用介绍新发酵粉的最佳故事
for the best story introducing the new baking powder.
不过地址不是你写的。 -我希望不是
The address wasn’t in your handwriting, though. -I should hope not.
我做梦也没想过去争那么丢脸的东西
I’d never dream of competing for anything so disgraceful.
那简直和杰克·格里菲斯的《查塔瓜秀》一样糟糕
It would be almost as bad as Jake Griffith’s Chataghua Show.
这就是玛丽拉·卡斯伯特收养一个孤儿的原因
But that’s what comes of Marilla Cuthbert adopting an
那孤儿的父母天知道在哪或是什么样的
orphan from Goodness-knows-where or what kind of parents.
怎么样,安妮! 祝贺你!
Why, Anne! Congratulations!
你真有办法让埃文利出名
You have such a way of putting Avonlea on the map.
谢谢,但你什么意思? 祝贺什么?
Thank you. But what do you mean? Congratulation for what?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!