我把他托付一位朋友了
I left him with a friend.
但愿还在这里
Let’s hope it’s still here.
你不能告诉我你在忙什么吗?
Can’t you tell me what you’re up to?
我在做一件很重要的事
I’m involved in something very important.
我要确保你和多米尼克是安全的
I need to make sure you and Dominic are safe.
我知道我可以完全信任你,安妮
I know I can trust you implicitly, Anne.
我想把他送回加拿大
I want to send him back to Canada.
不,不,别那么做
No, no. Don’t do that.
我的计划现在已经变了
My plans have changed now.
科莉特和我没有结婚
Colette and I weren’t married.
但多米尼克…
But Dominic…
他是我的骨肉
He’s my flesh and blood.
我从未想过要和科莉特扯上任何瓜葛
It was never my intention to get involved with Colette.
但我扯上了
But I did.
而且我爱她
And I loved her.
你最好快点
You better hurry.
我真不该鼓励他们跟我一起去
I should never have encouraged them to come with me.
是,你不该这么做的
No, you shouldn’t have.
也别把我卷进来
Nor put me in the middle of this.
瞧…
Look…
我参与了美国政♥府♥
I’m involved in American government
结束战争的地下行动
underground efforts to end the war.
但我被跟踪了
But I’m being followed.
我需要你留在这里,直到我联♥系♥你
I need you to stay put until I can contact you
安排多米尼克的事
with arrangements for Dominic.
我不能无限期地留在这里
I can’t stay here indefinitely.
不会太久的
It won’t be for that long.
安妮,你不能告诉任何人
Anne, you can’t tell anyone.
不能告诉邻居
You can’t tell the neighbours,
不能告诉酒店里的客人
you can’t tell any guests in the hotel, no one
不能让任何人知道我来过这里
that I’ve been here.
你要去哪儿?
Where will you go?
我通过潘兴收到你最后一封电报
I got your last cable through pershing.
请在大使♥馆♥给我留言
Leave any messages for me at the embassy.
我必须离开这里
I got to get out of here.
你找到你丈夫了吗?
Did you ever find your husband?
他的野战部队在讷沙托被俘
His field unit was captured at Neufchateau.
我打算回去找他
I plan to go back for him.
你永不言弃,是吗?
You never give up, do you?

No.
答应我,如果我出了什么事,照顾我的孩子
Promise to take care of my boy if anything happens to me.
你会发生什么事?
What’s going to happen to you?
没事
Nothing.
暂时没事,你就答应我吧
Nothing, for the moment. Just promise me.
我答应
I promise.
谢谢
Thank you.
跟我们一起吧,安妮,你需要一顿丰盛的早餐
Join us, Anne — you need a solid breakfast
在找工作的漫长一天开始之前
before a long day’s job hunt.
我会没事的
I’ll be fine.
你太慷慨了
You’ve been more than generous.
我坚持
I insist.
你会一无所有,你会的
You’ll fade away to nothing, you will.
我真的很饿,谢谢
I’m actually very hungry, thank you.
我去给多米尼克买♥♥件毛衣
I’ll get Dominic a sweater.
我可以为你点餐吗?
Can I order for you?
谢谢,弗雷德
Thank you, Fred.
我开始觉得我们是一对夫妻了
I’m beginning to feel like we’re a married couple.
我们去吃点东西吧
Let’s get some food.
布莱斯夫人?
Mrs. Blythe?
我是费格斯·基根
My name’s Fergus Keegan.
《伦敦画报》主编
I’m editor-in-chief of the London illustrated dispatch.
我想自我介绍一下
I was hoping to introduce myself.
杰克·加里森为我们工作
Jack Garrison worked for us.
我想知道你是否和他联♥系♥过
I was wondering if you’d had contact with him.
没有,恐怕没有
No, I’m afraid not.
你在这里等着见他吗?
Are you waiting here to meet him?
不,我,我知道杰克在纽约
No, I-I knew Jack in New York.
他只是把他的公♥寓♥借给我和我的朋友
And he’s just lent my friend and me his apartment
在我们逗留伦敦的时候
while we’re here in London.
原谅我,杰克以前给我们提供报告
Forgive me — Jack used to feed us reports
关于前线发生的一系列事件,我们非常想念他
concerning events at the front, and he is sorely missed.
我们非常成功地把他的故事
We were very successful at selling his stories
推销给美国报纸
to the American papers.
我希望他会
And I was hoping that he would be
返回伦敦
returning to London.
我恐怕帮不了你
I’m afraid I can’t help you.
对不起,但你是怎么知道我的?
Excuse me, but how do you know me?
旅馆经理提到
The hotel manager mentioned that you
你住在杰克的公♥寓♥里
were staying in Jack’s apartment
以及你正在找工作
and that you were looking for work.
我也许能帮上忙。你是作家吗?
And I may be of some assistance there. You are a writer?
是的,我是
Yes, I am.
我不打算在伦敦待太久
I’m not planning on being in London for much longer,
但如果能得到一份工作,我将不胜感激
but a job would be very much appreciated.
是的,很好
Yes, well,
我非常高兴能在我的办公室见到你
I would be only too happy to meet you at my office,
如果你有兴趣,我们可以讨论任何职位
if you’re interested, and we can discuss any positions
只要报社有的
that might be available at the newspaper.
这是我的名片
Here…My card.
哦,非常感谢
Well, thank you very much.
如果你收到有关杰克的任何消息
And you will keep us informed if you receive
请随时通知我们
any more information concerning Jack.
我们感激不尽
We’d be most obliged.
再见
Good day.
再见
Good day.
呃,基根先生有什么东西给你吗,布莱斯夫人?
Uh, did Mr. Keegan have anything for you, Mrs. Blythe?
是的,他给了我他的名片
Yes, he gave me his card.
嗯,他是个好人,布莱斯夫人
Well, he’s a good man, Mrs. Blythe.
加里森先生对他总是赞誉有加
Mr. Garrison always spoke so highly of him.
也许他能帮你找到你的丈夫呢
Maybe he can help you locate your husband.
他们在那里有通讯社
They have wire services there
还有许多新奇的交流方式
and so many fancy new methods of communication.
嗯,谢谢你的提醒,我需要一份工作
Well, thank you for mentioning it. I was in need of a job.
你怎么认识他的?
How do you know him?
很多年了,许多记者一直住在这里
So many journalists have resided here over the years.
这是一个封闭的小圈子
It’s a close little circle.
再次谢谢你
Well, thank you again.
你好,费格斯·基根先生,拜托
Hello. Mr. Fergus Keegan, please.
谢谢
Thank you.
布莱斯夫人,很高兴
Mrs. Blythe, I am so glad
你打电♥话♥来,请坐
that you called — please.
我决定接受你的提议
I decided to take you up on your offer.
但是,正如我提到的,我只会待在伦敦
But, as I mentioned, I’ll only be staying in London
因为再过一段时间,我就会回到前线
for a little while longer before I return to the front.
好的,我们有一个临时职位
Well, we do have a temporary post
需要及时安排
that requires prompt placement.
我们社会专栏作家的研究员
The researcher to our society columnist,
莫德·蒙特罗斯,已经离职
Maude Montrose, has left her position.
听起来很有趣
Sounds intriguing.
我是否可以利用任何…
Would it be possible for me to utilize any–
原谅我打扰一下
excuse me.
这里的月薪是1英镑,每周6先令
Wages here are one pound, six shillings a week.
应该没问题
That should be fine.
就像我刚才所说
As I was saying,
我想求助于
I would like to avail myself
新闻局和通讯社
of the information bureau and the wire service,
如果你不介意的话,先生
if it’s not an imposition, sir.
我愿意用我自己的工资支付有关费用
I’d happily pay out of my own wages.
我的秘书会很乐意把你介绍给
My secretary will be glad to introduce you
进出我们通讯社的
to any of the journalists or war correspondents

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!