I see you were accosted too.
懦夫的标志
Sign of a coward.
那些女人正竭力鼓动小伙子们参军
Those dames are trying to incite fellas to enlist.
他们要把他们带到哪里?
Where are they taking them?
海滨那家旧的隔离医院已经被改造成一个疗养院
The old quarantine hospital up the coast has been converted
给那些足够幸运的
to a convalescent home for the boys
被送回来的小伙子们住
lucky enough to be sent back.
我应该开车过去,看看他们是否需要帮忙
I should drive up, see if they need a hand.
你哪儿也别去
You’re not going anywhere,
吉尔伯特·布莱斯
Gilbert Blythe — you and your
我有事要跟你和你的新娘
bride and I have business
谈谈
to discuss.
你最好选择
Best to choose your battles with
和这些新潮的女商人战斗,吉尔
these new-fangled businesswomen, Gil.
好吧,你看看这个
Well, will you look at that.
哈里森先生走了,把房♥子卖♥♥了
Mr. Harrison’s gone and sold the place.
走吧
Please go.
你一点儿都不好奇吗
Aren’t you even the least bit curious?
不
No,
你笑什么?
what are you smiling at?
你,你这呆鹅
You, you silly goose.
为什么?
Why?
吉尔伯特为你买♥♥下了那个地方
Gilbert’s gone and bought the place for you.
弗雷德的银行帮了点忙
With a little help from Fred’s bank.
这是别人为我做过的
That is the most loving and generous thing
最有爱心和最慷慨的事
that anyone’s ever done for me.
它圆了我残缺的梦
It makes up for every unfulfilled dream
我日思夜想的梦
I ever contemplated.
谢谢
Thank you.
让我一个人进去,就一会儿
Just let me go in alone, just for a moment.
OK
Ok.
我觉得
I think you may be
你也许是个合得来的人
a kindred spirit after all.
我会努力做任何事
I’ll try and do anything
做任何你想要做的事
and be anything you want
只要你肯收留我,卡斯伯特小姐
if you’ll only keep me, miss Cuthbert.
如果我很漂亮,有一头栗色的头发,
If I were very beautiful and had nut-brown hair, would you
你会收留我吗?
keep me?
你比那更好啊
You might be of good to her.
我永远做你的安妮,绿山墙的安妮
Always be your Anne, Anne of Green Gables.
我可以赶车来回,除非天气变坏
I can drive back and forth until the weather gets bad.
那我会在周末搭车回家
Then I’ll board and come home on the weekends.
别为我牺牲你的教育
Don’t sacrifice your education for me.
你这个上帝赐福的姑娘
You blessed girl.
一切都好吗?
Everything all right?
我现在回家了
I’m home now.
这是我的房♥子
This is my house.
我们两小时后来接你们
We’ll be back for you in a couple of hours.
戴安娜说,婚礼前我可以一直和他们住
Diana said I could stay with them until the wedding.
这样你就可以住在这里了
And that way you can live here.
你不必在镇上搭车
You won’t have to board in town.
噢,所有活儿都得我♥干♥了,我想
Oh, I get to do all the work, I see.
我不是故意这样的
I didn’t mean it like that.
哦,上帝
Oh, God.
我们做对了,是吗?
We did the right thing, didn’t we?
当然,我们是对的
Sure, we did.
怎么了?
What is it?
没什么
Nothing.
我只是在想鲍威尔医生
I was just thinking about Dr. Powell.
我的离开对他来说是个可怕的挫折
My leaving was an awful setback to him.
我们做的事是对的
We did the right thing.
好吧,人生不可能总是顺顺当当
Well, we can’t always take the most obvious road in life.
女士们,先生们,我们取得了巨大的进展
Our gains have been substantial, ladies and gentlemen.
在佛兰德斯,每100个站在国王身边的人
For every 100 men who stood beside our king at flanders,
就让200多个敌人倒下
over 200 enemy have fallen.
如果这种战况保持下去…
And if this trend continues…
吉尔
Gil.
穆迪
Moody.
很高兴见到你
Good to see you.
乔茜
Josie.
我们听说你在绿山墙开诊所呢
We heard you were setting up an office at Green Gables.
迄今为止,没人上门啊,就像牙疼
So far no one’s come for as much as a toothache.
嗯,在海外有更重要的事件需要妥善关注
Well, there are more crucial events abroad
相对于绿山墙来说
that need safekeeping more than Green Gables.
我知道的,乔茜
I know that, Josie.
穆迪,乔茜,见到你们真是太高兴了!
Moody, Josie, how lovely.
安妮
Anne.
像我们这样年纪的人很少留在埃文利
Isn’t it sad how few people
这不是很可悲吗?
our age have stayed in Avonlea?
是啊,所有人都离开了
Yes, everybody’s left.
看看这里,卡莫迪现在
Look at here — carmody here has
已经变成一个如此繁荣的城市
become such a booming city now.
很高兴你们能留下来
But it’s good to see you’re staying.
嗯,祝贺
Well, congratulations
你们
are in order.
我听说戴安娜·芭里要举♥行♥招待会
I hear Diana Barry’s having the reception.
是的,你们光临会使我们感到荣幸
Yes, I hope you’ll honour us with your presence.
你会穿着军装结婚吗,吉尔?
Will you be getting married in uniform, Gil?
吉尔准备在这里为社区服务
Gil’s setting up to serve the community here.
报纸说战争几周后就要结束了
And the papers say the war is going to be over in a few weeks.
好吧,我想这并不是你的错
Well, I suppose it’s not your fault
既然美国报纸从不如实报道
if the American papers never report things accurately.
这简直是一场灾难
It’s nothing less than a disaster.
我三个兄弟都已经走了
My three brothers have left.
我是说,就连爸爸都没人使唤了
I mean, even pa’s gone as a civilian.
所有身体健全的男人都觉得
All able-bodied men feel
有责任保卫我们的帝国
a responsibility to protect our empire.
家里也需要身体健全的男人
Able-bodied men are needed at home, too.
鉴于斯图尔特医生在疗养院负责照看伤员
Look at Doc. Stuart running the convalescent home
吉尔就去那里当志愿者
for casualties — Gil’s volunteering there.
斯图尔特医生快退休了
Doc. Stuart’s near retirement.
如果一个医生不愿为国效力
No one in this town will be seen by a doctor
这个镇上的人是不会去看他的
not prepared to serve his country.
乔茜,穆迪
Josie, Moody.
好吧,我看得出,她的舌头长得越来越长了
Well, I can see her tongue has grown by yards
自打我们离开后
since we’ve been away.
那实际上是一种威胁
That was practically a threat.
她一贯嫉妒你和我
She’s always been jealous of you and me.
看在上帝的份上
For heaven’s sake.
如果仅剩的医疗救助力量
If the only medical help left are
只有斯图尔特医生,那么
the Doc. Stuarts, this island needs
这个岛就需要它所能聚集的所有力量
all the help it can muster.
我应该拜访一下斯图尔特医生
I should pay Doc. Stuart a visit.
喔!
Whoa!
我要看看我能帮上多少忙
I’m going to see how much assistance I can be here.
不会太久的
I won’t be long.
我有很多事要忙
I’ve got lots to keep me busy.
吉尔
Gil.
你认为海外像他们说的那么糟糕吗?
Do you think it’s as bad as they say overseas?
我担心这样规模的战争
I’m worried a war of this size isn’t going to be over
在几周或几个月内不会结束的,安妮
in weeks or months, Anne.
置身于事外
What’s at the other end can’t be
一点也不光彩
glorious at all.
我将尽我所能
I’ll do everything I can…
现在
For now.
如果你每周能抽出几个小时,我们将不胜感激
We’d be grateful for even a few hours of your time each week.
我的诊所还不是很忙
My practice isn’t very busy yet.
早上好,吉姆
‘Morning, Jim.
看看这个
Look at that.
吉姆
Jim.
你哥哥哈里过去常和我一起打曲棍球