Yes!
噢!
Oh!
你真的这么觉得?
Are you certain?
我实在不懂你为什么
So much so that I have no idea why you’re
允许他跟你一起署名
going to allow him to put his name on it alongside yours.
因为没有他我做不到
Because I couldn’t have done it without him.
没有你也不行
And you, too.

Oh.
我也能把名字署上去?
Can I put my name on it too?
如果这是我出版这本书的
What if this is the only chance
唯一机会呢?
I ever have of getting it published?
不要低估自己
Don’t sell yourself short.
我不会的
I’m not.
杰克明天以我们两人的名义交稿
Jack is submitting it tomorrow under both our names.
OK,我不会拖你后腿的
Ok, I can’t stop you.
我只是觉得你应该得到
I just think you deserve
应有的信誉
a proper credit.
啊,雪莉小姐,温菲尔德要立刻见我们两个
Ah, miss Shirley, Mr. Winfield would like to see us both
在他办公室,拜托
in his office right away, please.
把这样清样送到前五名的经销商那里,内利斯
Send those galleys to the top five distributors, Nellis
还有那些样书封面,拜托
and those demonstration covers, as well, please.
什么?
What?
哦,这是杰克新书的封面
Oh, that’s the cover of Jack’s latest.
那真是太棒了,不是吗
It’s sensational, isn’t it?
这本书完全不同了
The book is a complete departure.
他专门为女人写的
He’s written it just for women.
你在胁迫他方面做得很好
You did well in coercing him.
温菲尔德先生觉得我们在这件事上遇到了麻烦
Mr. Winfield feels we’ve hit pay dirt on this one.
《家族精神》
小杰克·加里森著
欧文先生
Mr. Owen,
这是我的书
this is my book.
哦,还有,内利斯,请帮我送一张私人便笺
Oh, and, Nellis, send a personal note from me
给高级编辑,非常感谢
as senior editor, please — thank you very much.
跟我来,雪莉小姐
Come along, miss Shirley.
这是我的原创作品
This is my original work.
这是我的…
This is my…
这是我的书
This is my book.
好了,我们都喜欢把工作干得好归功于己
Now, we’d all like to take credit for a job well done,
但别太荒唐
but let’s not be absurd.

Hmm.
我请你们两个来
I’ve asked you both here
是应加里森先生和他的法律顾问的要求
at the request of Mr. Garrison and his legal counsel,
钱伯斯先生
Mr. Chambers.
你好
How do you do?
开始吧
There now.
这是加里森先生写过的最好的小说
The finest novel Mr. Garrison ever penned,
你同意吗,欧文?
don’t you agree, Owen?
同意
Sir.
嗯,然而
Hmm, however,
加里森先生声称
Mr. Garrison asserts that he co wrote it
这是他和你一起写的,雪莉小姐
along with you, miss Shirley.
加里森先生和我还没来得及
Mr. Garrison and I haven’t
重新讨论署名问题
had the opportunity to re-discuss credit.
但这是我的原创作品,是的
But it is my original work, yes.
遗憾的是,合著卖♥♥不动
Unfortunately co-authorships don’t sell.
你的名字会贬低
Your name would denigrate the
加里森先生的影响力
promotability of Mr. Garrison’s.
不管怎样
In any event,
我们想退出这个合同
we want out of this contract.
杰克没有别的手稿可交
Jack has nothing else to deliver.
并且,他打算转行了
And he has other professional interests he wants to pursue.
我真心怀疑雪莉小姐的说法
I sincerely doubt miss Shirley’s
先生
claim, sir.
她没什么经验
She just hasn’t the experience.
好吧,既然你的客户急于解除
Well, since your client is so anxious to be relieved
他的合同,这些条款
of his contract, these provisions
对我们来说,并没有杰克的声誉重要
obligate us no further than Jack’s credit.
但是,温菲尔德先生…这本书几乎每个字都是我写的
But, Mr. Winfield…I pretty much wrote every word.
真的?
Really?
好吧,要是这样的话,你,亲爱的
Well, if that’s the case, you, my dear,
是一个可厌的机会主义者
are a terrible opportunist.
我写了这本书
I wrote this book.
你要是敢想出版这份清样
And don’t you dare think of publishing these galleys…
或者我写的其他东西,咱们法庭上见
or anything else of mine, or I’ll see you in court.
他交稿了
He submitted it.
上面写着他的名字
His name goes on it.
再见,先生
Good day, sir.
唔,是的,祝你今天愉快
Uh, yes, good day to you.
安妮
Anne.
你这个虚伪的骗子
You hypocritical swindler.
什么?
What?
你管这叫什么?包装商品?
What did you call this business? Packaged goods?
你们比一群海盗强不了多少
You’re all nothing better than a bunch of pirates.
坏消息:他打算只用你一个人的名义出版
Bad news: He’s going to publish it with only your credit.
好消息:你解除了你的合同
Good news: You’re out of your contract.
安妮
Anne.
安妮,等等,他们不能出版这本书的
Anne, wait. They can’t publish it.
我不会允许,你…
I won’t allow it. You’re making…
犯了个大错误
A big mistake.
我所犯的唯一错误是
The only mistake I made was seeing stars
当我同意这个骗局时,我眼里居然还闪烁着星星
in my eyes when I agreed to this charade.
对,这就是个骗局
Yes, it was a charade.
我想和你一起工作
I wanted to work with you.
我欣赏你的工作
I admire your work.
我爱上你了
I’m in love with you.
《家族精神》
安妮·雪莉著
好啦
There.
即使它永远不能出版,至少我保持了
If it never gets published, at least I’ve preserved
一些尊严
some dignity.
我真不知道该跟你说什么
I just don’t know what to tell you.
没什么
Nothing.
我不得不问自己,我怎么会这么天真?
I have to ask myself, how could I have been so naive?
因为你总是那么冲动
Because you’re always going off so impulsively,
总想做别人而不是做自己
trying to be somebody other than yourself.
但是,我爱你
But I love you
就因为你的不可预测
for all your unpredictability.
我说过我会习惯这里,我是认真的
When I said that I’d get used to it here, I meant it.
我不会让你失望
I won’t let you down.
我去找点别的事做
I’ll find something else.
安妮
Anne,
一旦这件事传开,你在纽约就再也找不到
you’re never going to find another job
任何一家出版公♥司♥的工作了
in any publishing company in New York once this gets out.
有什么好笑的?
What is so blessed funny?
哦,来,安妮
Oh, come on, Anne.
这不是世界末日
This is not the end of the world.
我永远也成不了他们
I’m never going to be the renowned physician they’d
在贝尔维尤所喜欢的那种名医
like to make of me at Bellevue.
我更高兴当一名好医生,就这个意思
I’m happy being a good doctor. That’s all.
我们回家吧
Let’s go home.
真的?
Really?
噢!
Oh!
安妮,那是戴安娜
Anne, there’s Diana.
我去买♥♥张报纸
I’m just going to grab a paper.
戴安娜
Diana.
今天有200人报名
200 men just signed up today.
你怎么不报名?
Where were you?
我刚下船
Just stepped off the ferry.
你可以后退一步去保卫你的祖国
You can step back defend your country
如果你有血性的话
if you’re worth your salt.
弗雷德,很高兴见到你
Fred, good to see you.
我看你也被搭讪了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!