即使在我们刚结婚的时候
even when we first got married.
不过,现在是另一种沉默了
It’s a different kind of silence now, though.
他如此关注战争
He’s so preoccupied with the war.
其实就是为了
That’s the thing about
保持忙碌
staying engaged.
你和吉尔从不改变
You and Gil never change.
那可能是因为我们从未见面
That’s probably because we never see each other.
你要是再推迟你的婚礼
If you put off your wedding any longer,
你就要做一个老处♥女♥了,安妮
you’re going to be an old maid, Anne.
事实上,等吉尔八月份结束
Actually, when Gil finishes his term
他在贝尔维尤医院的任期后…
at bellevue hospital in August…
八月?
August?
你不能剥夺我为你策划婚礼的乐趣,知道吗?
You can’t deny me the pleasure of planning your wedding?
让我把话说完吧
Let me finish.
我不是说我们要在八月份结婚
I didn’t say we’re getting married in August.
我们要挑选一个日子…
We’re going to choose a date…
哦,安妮,别忸怩作态
oh, Anne, don’t be coy.
哦…你们可以马上搬回来
Oh…You can move back right away.
安妮,生活将会像
Anne, life is going to be
我们小时候那样
just the way it was when we were girls.
莎拉!
Sara!
我们不…
Shouldn’t we…
莎拉!
Sara!
跟吉尔伯特商量一下
Consult Gilbert.
安妮和吉尔·布莱斯要结婚了!
Anne and Gil Blythe are getting married!
这事可不能简陋草率
And it’s not going to be some shoddy affair either.
弗雷德也会帮忙的
And Fred will help too.
哦,哦…请让他来
Oh, oh…Please let him.
我们三个人一起操办
It’ll be a project for the three of us.
一件事一件事来
Just one thing at at time.
我们需要慢下来,跟吉尔伯特商量一下
We need to slow down and consult Gilbert too.
不,你让我和吉尔伯特谈
No, you let me talk to Gilbert.
首先,我们给他发一封电报
First, we’ll send him a telegram.

No.
哦,整个夏天我都很想你,吉尔
Oh, how I’ve missed you all summer, Gil.
怀着对过去岁月的美好回忆
With perfect memories of days passed.
哈,哈,太好了
Ha, ha, that’ll be fine.
在那儿
There.
…往昔完美夏日的回忆
…and memory of perfect summer days of old.
我们的过去,我们的朋友
Our past, our friends.
你还好吗?
Are you all right?
但愿没有骨折或是扭伤
Nothing broken or bent, I hope.
哈,哈,只有我的骄傲
Ha, ha, only my pride.
哦,吉尔,扶我起来
Oh, Gil, help me up.
我真是个瞎子,而且还是个傻瓜
I am, I am truly blind and a fool to boot.
哦,即使我瞎了
Oh, if I were blind,
我也永远不会忘记你的脸廓
I should never forget the contours of your face.
你为什么不让我知道你会来?
Why didn’t you let me know?
我要面对面地看你
I wanted to see you face to face.
我有事要问你
I have something to ask you.
我知道
I do.
我们沿着小路散步吧
Let’s go take a walk down the Lane.
如果戴安娜如愿以偿,我们将在本周末结婚
If Diana has her way, we’ll be married by the end of the week.
我们订婚那么久了
We’ve been engaged so long,
估计这附近的人都以为
figure people ’round here
我们几年前就结婚了
think we got married years ago.
是啊
Yeah.
你要问我什么事?
What were you going to ask me?
我要做一个决定,那可能会推倒我们的计划
I have a decision to make that may turn our plans upside down.
什么?
What?
贝尔维尤医院要求我留职一年
Bellevue hospital has asked me to remain on staff for the year.
但我们同意在结束…
But we agreed that at the end…
是的,安妮,我意识到…
Yeah, Anne, I realize that…
这是一个难得的机会
This is a remarkable opportunity.
我知道你过去一直拒绝来纽约…
I know you’ve resisted coming to New York in the past…
你是要我和你一起去吗?
You’re asking me to go with you?
我不能再忍♥受一年没有你了
I couldn’t bear another year without you.
我也想和你在一起,吉尔
I want to be with you too, Gil.
那跟我走吧,此时此刻
Then come with me,
我们马上就走
right now and we’ll go immediately.
我…我住在任何地方都不会快乐的,除了这里
I…I couldn’t be happy living anywhere else but here.
这是我想去的地方
This is where I want to be.
这里封存了那么多的记忆
So many memories locked up here.
我不能丢下它不顾
I can’t leave it alone.
我真希望我能做点什么
I wish I could have done something.
这地方在我们灵魂深处,吉尔
This place is in both our souls, Gil.
我希望我们能在这里一起变老
I wish we could grow old together here.
来吧
Come on.
我们还有几年的时间
We still got a few years ahead of us.
我会去的
I’ll go.
什么?
What?
去纽约,我会去的
To New York, I’ll go.
我要先看看我喜不喜欢那里
Just to see if I like it first.
但是答应我,我们会回来建设我们的家
But promise me we’ll come back to raise our family.
我保证
I promise.
纽约对作家来说,是一个令人兴奋的地方
New York is an exciting place for a writer.
世界上最好的出版社
All the best publishing houses
都在那里
in the world are there.
你确定?
Are you sure?
我只确定一件事…
I’m only sure of one thing…
那就是,我爱你如痴如狂
That I’m scandalously in love with you.
来吧,我们最好告诉戴安娜和弗雷德
Come on, we better tell Diana and Fred,
在他们开始寄出全部请柬之前
before they start sending off all the invitations.
嗯,就是这里,温菲尔德出版社
Well, this is it, Winfield Publishing.
别紧张,你会没事的
Don’t be nervous. You’ll be fine.
在灵魂深处根深蒂固的渺小
It’s unbearable to have insignificance
是无法忍♥受的
ingrained into your very soul.
不…温菲尔德先生
No…Mr. Winfield, he’s likely
他可能会拒绝我的手稿
to reject my manuscript
就像这个星期我遇到的其他出版商一样
like every other publisher I’ve been to this week.
这是一家小得多的公♥司♥
This is a much smaller company,
而且我不相信
and I doubt that he’d have
他请你见面只是为了说“不”。早上好,先生
brought you in for a meeting just to say no. ‘morning, sir.
我已经下定决心去我的坟墓了
I’ve made up my mind to go
没哭泣,没荣誉,没歌♥颂
to my grave unwept, unhonored and unsung.
但是别没出版
But not unpublished.
我想让你见见
I’d like you to meet
我的未婚妻,安妮·雪莉
my fiancee, Anne Shirley.
这是鲍威尔医生
This is Dr. Powell.
很荣幸,雪莉小姐
An honor, miss Shirley.
非常感谢您给我这个机会,先生
I very much appreciate the opportunity here, sir.
你的书棒极了
Your book is marvelous.
我刚见过老温菲尔德,他向我保证他会考虑的
I’ve just seen old Winfield. He assures me he’ll consider it.
这是我能做的最起码的事
It’s the least I can do
为我们最重要的年轻外科医生的未婚妻
for the fiancee of our most important young surgeon, uh?
不要满足于从老暴君那里获得
Don’t settle for anything less than
低于10%的版税
10% royalty from the old tyrant.
请原谅
Excuse me.
我有个预约要见帕尔默·温菲尔德先生
I have an appointment to see a Mr. Palmer Winfield.
姓名?
Name?
安妮·雪莉小姐
Miss Anne Shirley.
有位雪莉小姐要见温菲尔德先生
There’s a miss Shirley to see Mr. Winfield.
从楼梯上六层
Those stairs to the 6th.
谢谢
Thank you.
啊,雪莉小姐
Ah, miss Shirley.
你好
Hello.
请坐…如果你愿意
Sit down… If you will.
台阶很多
It’s a lot of stairs.
您好,先生
How do you do, sir?
哦,真悲惨
Oh, miserably.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!