I have a message for you.
-谢谢你 -不客气
– Thank you. – You’re welcome.
-我很高兴你能来 -我不知道你也在这里
– I’m so glad you could come. – I didn’t know you were in town.
我正在赛佛鲁治(位于洛杉矶)演讲
I’m speaking in Baton Rouge…
突然想了解你进展得怎么样?
and thought I’d catch up on your progress.
我会告诉你的
I’ll tell you,
进展不太好
the progress ain’t too good.
到目前为止 我发现了很多东西
I’ve found out a lot of stuff,
但就是没有强尼·菲佛瑞
but so far…no Johnny Favorite.
真不好运!
How unfortunate!
现在所掌握的全是一些零碎没用的和…
All I’ve got is a belly full of hocus-pocus and…
三具僵硬的…
3 stiffs.
尸体 赛佛先生
Dead bodies, Mr. Cyphre.
谋杀
Murders.
福勒 强尼的医生 自杀了
I got Fowler, Johnny’s doctor, bumped himself off.
老伏都教♥徒♥土斯·史威特
This old voodoo guy Toots Sweet.
被自己身上用来小便的东西给憋死了…
He got choked to death with a part of the body meant for pissing with…
这是教堂!
This is a church!
这些事都和一个宗教有关 非常怪异
The whole thing has to do with religion. It’s very weird.
我不了解它 它很吓人
I don’t understand it. It’s ugly.
有人说已经有足够多的宗教让人学会仇恨 而不是爱
They say there’s enough religion to make men hate each other but not love.
有人这么说吗?
Do they say that?
我告诉你 强尼·菲佛瑞的周围可没那么多爱
I’ll tell you something. There wasn’t much love around for Johnny Favorite.
他运气不好!
He was bad luck!
我已是惹祸上身了 我现在是两宗谋杀案的嫌疑人
It’s starting to rub off on me. I’m a murder suspect already in two cases.
警♥察♥在土斯·史威特的手里发现了我的名字和地址
The police found my name and my address in Toots Sweets’ hand.
我知道 瓦恩萨普告诉我了
I know, Winesap told me.
你一定要小心 安卓先生
You must be careful, Mr. Angel.
第三个谋杀案呢?
And the third murder?
我查了强尼过去的一个女朋友
I checked out Johnny’s old society girlfriend,
玛格丽特·克洛斯马克
Margaret Krusemark.
-你认识她吗? -有点印象
– Do you know her? – Vaguely.
有点印象?我受够了这种含糊其辞
Vaguely? I’m a little fed up with fucking vaguely.
这种含糊的用词快把我逼疯了 说老实话…
“Vaguely” is putting a noose around my neck and I’m choking, so…
你到底认不认识她?
Did you know her or not?
我听说过她 但是我没实际接触过
I knew about her, but I never actually knew her.
告诉你 她正在给我做图表
Tell you what, she was doing my chart.
我给了她强尼的生日 2月14日
I gave her Johnny’s birthday, February 14th.
然而有人到她那里 带着自己的情人节卡片
Except someone got to her and took out their own Valentine’s card.
他们开了她的膛 挖了她的心
They slit her open and cut out her heart.
我想她连自己的未来也无法预测
I guess she couldn’t predict the future for herself.
未来并不是想像的那样
The future isn’t what it used to be.
-你的结论呢? -我没有任何结论
– And your conclusions? – I haven’t any.
我所知道的就是强尼正在给他认识的每一个人惹麻烦
All I know is that Johnny is running around bumping off everyone he knew.
而且越来越多 在中间牵线搭桥的正是我
And more and more, it’s me who’s on the line for it.
我正在落入其中的圈套
I’m being set up…
而且这些事把我吓得胆都快破了!
and it’s scaring the shit out of me.
所以…请你干脆实话告诉我
So why don’t you just level with me and tell me…
这里到底他妈的是怎么回事?
what the fuck is going on?
没别的 我只是想找回强尼·菲佛瑞
Just Johnny Favorite…
和他欠我的债务
and the debt that’s owed to me.
我在个人荣誉方面思想很保守
I have old-fashioned ideas, about honour.
以牙还牙 以眼还眼 就这么简单
An eye for an eye, things like that.
你♥他♥妈♥到的是干什么的?
Who the fuck are you?
注意你的用词!
Watch your language!
我他妈的才不管这么多 管他妈的什么教堂
I don’t give a fuck, if this is a church.
-我不喜欢教堂 -你是一个无神论者吗?
– I don’t like churches. – Are you an atheist?
是的 我来自布鲁克林
Yes, I’m from Brooklyn.
我会在这里呆一两天
I’ll be in town for a day or two,
找到什么新线索及时通知我
let me know what else you find,
-如果你缺钱的话… -不缺!
– and if you need more money…- No!
但是如果我不小心的话 你给我的五千块钱
But if I’m not careful, that 5,000 bucks you gave me could
将会在电椅上给我买♥♥一个位子
buy me a seat on the electric chair.
受惊吓的眼睛不会说谎
Frightened eyes never lie.
来吧!进来!
Come on! Come inside!
-你的孩子呢? -他在蜜西那里她会带着他
– Where’s your child? – He’s at Mincie’s. She’ll bring him.
他自己也有个14岁的孩子 他在那儿没事的
She’s got 14 of her own, so he’ll be okay there.
你可以呆在这里 或者我再另外开个房♥间给你
You’re welcome to stay here, or I can get you a room.
不用了 这儿挺好
No, it’s okay.
我想喝一杯 你要吗?
I’m going to have a drink. Want one?
好吧 随便来一杯
Well, have one anyway.
我有想…
I’ve been thinking…
你妈妈到底看上强尼·菲佛瑞他什么了?
What the hell did your mother see in a guy like Johnny Favorite?
我不知道 不管他有什么 她把心全交给他了
I don’t know. Whatever he had, it sure stole her heart away.
实话告诉你 这家伙是个卑鄙小人
To tell you the truth, the guy was a creep.
她肯定很想他
She sure missed him.
一位淑女怎么会喜欢 这样一个到处搞事的坏家伙?
What does a lady see in a guy who runs around chopping up pigeons?
人们常说 男人不坏 女人不爱
They say it’s always the bad-asses who make a girl’s heart beat faster.
她以前说过关于他的事吗?
Did she ever say anything about him?
-只谈过两件事 -什么?
– Just two things. – What?
那个强尼·菲佛瑞和她想像中的魔鬼一模一样
That Johnny Favorite was as close to true evil as she ever wanted to come.
另一件呢?
What else?
他是一个令人感到恐怖的情人
That he was a terrific lover.
你多大了?
How old are you?
十七
17.
这么小就有孩子 太年轻了吧?
Kind of young to have a kid, isn’t it?
足够大了
Old enough.
-孩子他爸去哪里了? -我从没见过他
– Where did the father go? – I never knew him.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我不知道为什么选了这个房♥间
I don’t know why I took this room.
难以想像!
I can’t believe this!
在这个地方当精灵拥有过你
It was a Bambouche. When spirits possess you,
大家都把这叫做”chevalier(神交)”
it’s called “chevalier.”
我知道:Chevrolet(雪佛来)
I know that: Chevrolet.
“chevalier(神交)”
Chevalier.
我就是这么说的:Chevrolet(雪佛来)
That’s what I said: Chevrolet.
被神触摸过
Mounted by the gods.
原来是神让你怀孕的?我现在知道了对不起
So the gods got you pregnant? I understand now. I’m sorry.
实际上我不是的 那次是我做♥爱♥最舒服的一次
I’m not. It was the best fuck I ever had.
想跳舞吗?
Want to dance?
在这儿?
Here?
是的 就在这儿
Yes, here.
我今天早上被狗咬了一口 行动有些困难
I got bit by a dog this morning, I can’t move around.
你会感觉不到在动
You won’t feel a thing.
好的 我可以和你跳舞
Alright, I’ll dance with you.
但是你必须答应我
But you’ve got to promise.
-什么? -不要再拿鸡来吓唬我!
– What’s that? – No chickens!
好啦 我来了!
Alright, I’m coming!
我应听得出是谁这样敲门
I should’ve recognised the knock.
这次睡懒觉倒有个好理由
At least you got a reason for sleeping late.
在这儿我们从不和黑人乱搞 这样就不会出现混血儿
Down here we don’t mess with jigaboos. The colored folks keep to themselves.
-我不是你们这儿的人 -你把自己割伤了?
– I’m not from down here. – You cut yourself?
狗咬了我一口
Dog bit me.
你查的这件案子里
Somebody called Margaret Krusemark figure
有个叫玛格丽特·克洛斯马克的人吗?
in your missing persons case?
没有 怎么了?
No, why?
她死了 那个黑人吉他手
She’s dead. That nigger guitar player of yours,
他算不了什么 他是个伏都教♥徒♥
he didn’t matter a shit. He was into voodoo,
反正每个星期都有人死
they 86 each other every week.
但是这位克洛斯马克夫人
But this Krusemark dame,
她来自路易斯安那一个有钱人的家庭 白人家庭
she comes from a Louisiana money family.
一星期内死了两个人 中间有什么联♥系♥吗?
Two people bumped off in a week, what’s the connection?
死亡现场很相似!
Similar circumstances!
-她的生殖器也被切下来了吗? -不是!
– Did she have her dick cut off too? – No!
那个混♥蛋♥把她的心挖了出来
Some fucker cut her heart out,
手脚很干净 就像个屠夫
neat as a butcher.
我在找的是个失踪的人 不是个杀人犯
Look, mine’s a missing persons, it’s not a murder.
-我想知道你找的这些人的名单 -你去对律师说吧
– I want the name of the party you’re looking for. – Talk to the lawyer.
我说了那个自负的家伙
I did. A fancy mouthpiece,
像你一样用大城市的那一套鬼话来敷衍我
gave me the same big city shit as you.
你让我怎么说呢?请你和艾菲·克林克滚开