You know, I heard you play years ago in New York.
战前在老 迪基·威尔斯酒吧
Before the war at the old Dickie Wells Bar.
你和一个 叫强尼·菲佛瑞的家伙合作表演得不错
You were having it up pretty good with a guy called Johnny Favorite.
-是的 我都快忘了 -你和他是好朋友 是吗?
– Yeah, I vaguely remember. – You and he were buddies, weren’t you?
不是 他录了我的其中一支歌♥ 你是星探还是作家?
No, he recorded one of my songs. Say, are you a dick or a book writer?
都不是 我是一个新闻记者
Neither. I’m a journalist
我正在写一些关于…
and I’m doing this piece
强尼和斯巴德·新普森 管弦乐队的文章
about Johnny and the Spider Simpson Orchestra.
斯巴德打起鼓来就像两只长耳朵大野兔在性♥交♥!
Spider played them drums like two jackrabbits fucking!
我没有太多的时间要先去小个便 然后还要回去工作
Haven’t got much time. Got to piss, spit and get back to work.
试一下这些鸡尾酒 喝完后你就随便编个故事
Try one of those cocktails. Then you can make the whole thing up as you like.
反正你们平常都是这么干的
That’s what you usually do, anyway.
我连小个便都不行吗!
I can’t even take a piss!
我只是想谈谈关于…
I just wanted to talk about…
强尼·菲佛瑞和伊文捷琳·普劳德富特的事
Johnny Favorite and Evangeline Proudfoot.
我什么都没隐瞒 却是一无所知
I’m too big to go hiding under beds. I don’t know nothing.
我只对鸡尾酒感兴趣 他妈的!
I’m only interested in cocktails. Fuck!
怎么回事?
What’s going on?
没事!管好你自己 我只想撒尿!
Nothing! Mind your own business. I want to piss!
滚出去
Get outta here,
否则的话你会后悔被生出来
or you’ll wish your little white ass was never born.
拜托!我对鸡有些敏感
Please! I’ve got a thing about chickens.
不要再和我胡说八道了!
End of bullshit time!
我看得清清楚楚…
I’ve had a good look at you and young Epiphany
你和艾普芙尼一起用鸡搞那些祭祀
doing your hot shoe number with the chicken.
听清楚!
Listen!
我才不信这些伏都教的鬼法术 我来自布鲁克林
I ain’t up on this voodoo shit. I’m from Brooklyn.
我们都不是虔诚的教♥徒♥
We ain’t all Baptists here.
这个姓普劳德富特的姑娘到底是干什么的?
What’s with this Proudfoot girl?
她是一个曼波女祭司
She’s a mambo priestess,
和她的妈妈一样 从她13岁开始就是
like her mom. Has been since she was 1 3.
你上一次看见强尼·菲佛瑞和鸡跳这些怪舞是什么时候?
When was the last time you saw Johnny Favorite at a chicken dance?
-他那时经常围着她妈妈转 -我在战前就没见过他
– He used to run around with Ma mambo. – I ain’t seen him since before the war.
那厕所里的鸡脚是什么意思?
And the chicken foot in the john?
那是警告我嘴太快了
It means I got a big mouth.
还不够快 你嘴里的鬼星星是什么东西?
It’s not big enough. What’s this fucking star
我告诉你
in your mouth? I’ll tell you what.
我把旅店的电♥话♥号♥码告诉你
I’ll give you my hotel number.
你打听到什么事就给我打个电♥话♥
Gimme a call if you hear anything.
你要知道
You never know.
下次你再收到一个鸡脚的话 你可能需要帮忙
Next time you get a delivery of a chicken foot, you might need help.
我最关心的是 死鸡才是个好鸡
As far as I’m concerned, any dead chicken is a good chicken.
只有警♥察♥和坏消息从不敲门
Only cops and bad news don’t knock.
只有私♥人♥侦♥探♥总睡懒觉
Only private dicks sleep late.
-你正在做一个好梦! -我正在去曼德勒路上
– Quite a dream you were having! – I was on my way to Mandalay.
他妈的!你这儿的天花漏了!
Shit! There’s some leak up there!
这儿!这是你的名字吗?
Here! ls this your name?
你住的旅馆?
That your hotel?
-就是现在这里 不是吗? -你的笔迹?
– You’re standing in it, ain’t you? – Your handwriting?
我想是的
I think so.
那也许你能告诉我们…
Then perhaps you can tell us why we found it in the hand
为什么我们在一个死的吉他手的手里发现这些
of a dead guitar player.
土斯·史威特死了?
Toots Sweet is dead?
这家伙花了很长时间才死的
This one wasn’t so quick, this one took time.
他怎么死的?
How did he die?
技术上说?他被自己的生殖器给憋死了
Technically? Asphyxiation by his own genitalia.
实际上呢?
And not so technically?
有人切掉了他的生殖器并塞进了他的嘴里
They cut his dick off and choked him with it.
然后用他的血把他家重装饰了一遍
Then redecorated his apartment with his blood.
你何时见过他?
When did you see him?
-1:00左右 -谈了些什么?
– I interviewed him around 1 :00. – About what?
一个失踪的人
A missing person.
谁?
Who?
一个12年前离家出走的人
A guy who took a walk 1 2 years ago.
有他和土斯的一张相片
There was a photo of him and Toots.
你正在找的人是谁?
Who is the party you’re looking for?
我不能说 我正在为一位纽约的律师工作
I can’t say. I’m working for a New York lawyer.
-名字? -好了 哥们儿!
– Name? – Come on, man!
瓦恩萨普!你想要他的电♥话♥ 地址吗?
Winesap! You want his number, his address?
去问泰丝·特鲁哈特 在他看的那个本子里
Ask Tess Truehart over there, it’s in the book.
在”W”下面 天才!
Under “W,” genius!
你认识泰德.威廉斯 那个棒球运动员?
Do you know Ted Williams, the baseball player?
好吧 就这样行了吧?
Alright, is that it, guys?
好了
That’s it.
你可以去吃午餐 但不要走得太远
You can go eat lunch, but don’t stroll too far.
等我们和这个律师谈完再说
Not until we talk to this lawyer.
看过那部”米老鼠俱乐部”吗?
Ever watch the “Mickey Mouse Club?”
你知道今天是星期几吗?
Do you know what today is?
今天是星期三
Today is Wednesday.
是”任何事都可能发生”的日子
It’s “anything can happen” day.
嗨 你想要听歌♥吗?
Hey man, do you want a tune?
好吧 我来点首歌♥
Yeah, I got a tune for you.
你好 小伙子们!
Hiya, boys!
我肚子有点饿
Same to you. I’m getting kinda hungry.
可以卖♥♥给我一些吗?
Do you want to sell some of those?
-10仙一袋 -好的 给我一袋
– 10 cents a sack. – Sure, give me a sack.
听好了!玛格丽特·克洛斯马克的老爸
Listen good! Margaret Krusemark’s old man…
希望你坐第一班火车回家
wants you on the first train home.
把那个狗东西拿开!
Take that fucking thing away from me!
如果你不走 这只狗会把你的脸吃掉
Don’t, or the dog will bite your fucking face clean off.
你发生了什么事?
What happened to you?
一只狗咬了我
A dog bit me.
那 你想要什么?
So, what do you want?
现在 我想把衣服洗一下
Right now, I need a laundry.
-听我说 艾普芙尼… -艾普芙尼
– Listen, Epiphiny…- Epiphany.
有件事我想问你
There’s something I want to ask you.
有一天晚上我看见你和土斯拿着公鸡在跳舞
The other night I saw you and Toots boogying with the cock-a-doodle.
看上去好像在进行一个舞会
Looked like you were having some party.
你看不惯吗?这是一个自♥由♥的国家
What’s your problem? It’s a free country.
-只要不是鸡就行 -哦是的 你对鸡过敏
– Not for chickens. – Oh yeah, your thing about chickens.
听我说 土斯是…
Listen, Toots is…
-土斯死了 -我知道 我听说了
– Toots is dead. – I know, I heard.
-是你害了他 -不 我没有
– You set him up. – No, I didn’t.
只有你知道我见过土斯.
You were the only one that knew I was seeing Toots.
是你送的那个鸡脚 是不是?
You sent the gift-wrapped chicken foot, didn’t you?
土斯的嘴太快了
Toots had a big mouth.
我想是的 猜猜警♥察♥在他嘴里发现了什么
I guess he did, judging by what the cops found in it.
真是个可爱的宗教!
Quite a cute religion!
用钉子把人钉在十字架上也不是很可爱吗!
Nailing a man to a cross ain’t so cute either!
你一定要杀鸡去做汤 嗯?
You’ve got to kill the chicken to make the soup, eh?
我们并不会整天去谋害别人
We don’t go around murdering people.
你那个强尼·菲佛瑞又怎么样呢?
What about your Johnny Favorite?
-现在你记起他来了 -是的 他是我的父亲
– Now you remember him after all. – Yes, he was my father.
我等会儿来接他 好吗?
I’ll pick the baby up later, okay?
放心吧 他没事的
He’ll be all right.
以前你隐瞒的事 现在正是讲出来的好机会
Anything you’re holding out, now is a good time to tell.
我没什么好说的
Nothing to tell.
强尼没有从战场上回来
Johnny never came back from the war.
妈妈满怀忧愁 孤单的一直等到死
Mama waited and Mama died. Sad and simple.
这里死的人太多了…
There’s too many dead bodies floating around, even for Louisiana.
我会告诉你丈夫好好照顾你
I’d tell your old man to look out for you.
-你有丈夫吧? -没有
– You do have a husband? – No.
没有?
No?
天哪 你的眼睛真漂亮!
Jesus, you’ve got beautiful eyes!
真的 不骗你
Really.
这种眼睛会把心里想的都说出来
The kind of eyes that tell what’s going on inside.
-现在 你被吓坏了 -我能应付
– Right now, you’re scared. – I’ll manage.
-听着… -知道了 我有消息会打电♥话♥给你的
– Listen…- Yes, I’ll call you if I hear anything.
有没有都要打给我
Call me if you don’t.
好吗?
Alright?
这有你一个短♥信♥

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!