Would you like an egg?
不 谢谢你 我对鸡过敏
No, thank you. I got a thing about chickens.
-过了十一点了 你迟到啦 -对不起
– It’s after eleven, you’re late. – I’m sorry.
-你拿到了吗? -如果我失去工作的话
– You get it? – If I lose my job,
我会当你的秘书
I’ll come and be your secretary.
我不可能付给你”泰♥晤♥士♥报♥”的薪资
I couldn’t pay you what the “Times” pays.
此外 他们也不会让你走
Besides, they won’t miss it.
嗨 强尼 你到底是个什么角色?
Hi, Johnny, where the fuck are you?
他真的是一个忧郁歌♥手
He really was a crooner,
像你说的 我没想到他这么有名
like you said. I didn’t realize he was so big.
他曾在一个叫斯巴德·新普森的乐团工作 他们都死了
He was in a band called the Spider Simpson Orchestra. They’re all dead.
只有斯巴德还在这个城市里
Only Spider is here in town.
-在哪里? -我全都写在上面了
– Where? – I wrote it all down.
档案中的同性恋女子有些可疑
The dyke in the archive is suspicious.
我的老板有好多年都不看这些档案了
My boss hasn’t researched the story in years.
你可以把档案拿走
You can get the files.
斯巴德现在在138大街的一个老人院中
Spider is in an old people’s home on 1 38th Street.
唉 我又得去一次黑人区
Oh, I get to go to Harlem again.
这有一张强尼和土斯·史威特的合影 一个吉他手
There was a picture of Johnny with Toots Sweet, a guitar player.
已经很多年没人听说过他了!
No one’s heard of him for years!
强尼和一个很有钱的女人订婚
Johnny was engaged to a rich broad,
玛格丽特·克洛斯马克 她爸爸拥有一半的路易斯安那
Margaret Krusemark. Her dad owns half of Louisiana.
他俩儿在一个中学舞会认识强尼和她扯上了
Met him at a high school prom. Johnny shit on her,
她就回去找她爸爸
and she went back to Daddy.
有很多和他们的符咒有关的事情
There’s lots on their spells.
符咒 你说符咒是什么意思?
Spells, what do you mean, spells?
就像蝾螈的眼睛
The eye of a newt,
青蛙的脚趾…诸如此类的东西?
toe of a frog and that kind of shit?
她看起来有一点点怪
Seems she was a bit of a crackpot.
没事会做些药水…下下咒什么的
Casting spells at society do’s and stuff.
没参加什么组织吗?
Didn’t go down too well with the lvy League stiffos.
她在威尔斯莱利(位于纽约长岛)是很出名的巫婆
She was known as the Witch of Wellesly.
我做的漂亮吗?
Did I do good?
太棒了!看看我们有些什么
Great! So what’ve I got
一个带有宗教色彩像疯子一样的客户
A religious loonie as a client.
我必须找到这个”金嗓子”强尼
I gotta find Johnny “Golden Tonsils”
而我们现在没有一点头绪
and we don’t know where he is.
而他呢 可能连自己是谁都不知道
And he probably doesn’t know who he is.
还有一个住在黑人区的–当过乐队指挥的老家伙
I got a geriatric bandleader in a home in Harlem.
一个叫土斯·史威特的吉他手
I got a guitar player called Toots Sweet.
我们还有什么?
What else have I got?
迫切的希望?
A hard-on?
你没事吧?
Are you okay?
一月三日
January 3rd,
1955年 客户:路易士·赛佛
1 955. Client: Louis Cyphre.
附录:瓦恩萨普与麦金托什 代理人
Copy: Winesap & Mackintosh,
记录如下 强尼·菲佛瑞在12年前就已离开…
attorneys. As reported, Johnny Favorite has not been
在波基普西的莎拉·多德医院
in the Sarah Dodd Clinic in Poughkeepsie for the last 1 2 years.
他被一个叫爱德华·开利的男人和一个女人带走
He was taken away by a man called Edward Kelley and a girl.
女的身份无法确认
The girl is unidentified.
开利付了2万5给福勒医生
Kelley paid a Dr. Fowler $25,000 to falsify reports
伪造强尼的住院纪录..
stating that Favorite was still in the hospital.
医生现在死了
The doctor is now deceased.
种种迹象显示强尼在出意外前
Before Johnny’s accident it seemed
事业正处于高峰期
like his career was going great,
一直到他开始遗弃他的支持者
until he started to dump on everyone.
我跟踪记录了斯巴德.新普森
I tracked down Spider Simpson,
强尼以前的乐队指挥
Johnny’s old bandleader. He resides
他住在138大街的林肯长老会教收容站
at the Lincoln Presbyterian Hospice
强尼还有一个好朋友 一个叫土斯·史威特的吉他手
on 1 38th Street. Johnny also had a good buddy, a guitar player
土斯回阿尔及尔那里去了
called Toots Sweet. Toots went back to Algiers.
是在新奥尔良的那个阿尔及尔
That’s Algiers in New Orleans.
我估计玛格丽特可能在那儿 有可能强尼也在那里
I think maybe Margaret went back there, and maybe Johnny, too.
哦 对了!根据斯巴德描述 强尼还有个秘密情人
Oh, yeah! According to Spider, Johnny had a secret love.
一位黑人女士 叫伊文捷琳·普劳德富特
A black lady called Evangeline Proudfoot.
伊文捷琳 在黑人区经营一家灵异物品商店
Evangeline ran some kind of spooky store in Harlem
店名叫”曼宁卡特”
called “Mammy Carter’s.”
你不需要知道这些 赛佛我想..
You don’t need to know that, Cyphre. I think
秘密的情人就让她维持秘密吧
a secret love should stay secret.
有一个人
The only person
强尼每隔一段时间就会去找他
who Johnny was seeing regularly
一个住在长岛上(位于纽约)的叫卓拉夫人的看手相的人
was a palm reader in Coney lsland called Madame Zora.
你是 易兹吗?
Are you lzzy?
-是的 -正在欣赏夕阳 嗯?
– Yes. – Looks like the last bit of sun, eh?
走廊里的那个人说也许你能帮到我
The guy in the arcade over there told me you might be able to help me.
我正在找 卓拉夫人
I’m looking for Madame Zora.
我知道她 战前我老婆的朋友
I know her, friend of the wife before the war.
-她是一个有钱的手相家 是吗? -是啊!
– She was a fortune teller, right? – And then some!
我讨厌那些靠骗人吃饭的狗东西!她和我老婆关系很好
I hate those hocus-pocus bitches! Her and the wife got along real well.
我老婆是个浸信会教友 哦 这里!
Wife’s a baptist. Oh, here!
给鼻子带个套儿!
Have a nose shield!
没事的 拿一个 我在走道里找到了一大盒
Go on, take one. I found a whole boxful under the boardwalk.
现在阳光不是很猛
There’s not much sun right now.
是的 但是也不会下雨
Yeah, but it keeps the rain off too.
你听说过一个叫强尼·菲佛瑞的人吗?
Ever hear of a Johnny Favorite?
-唱歌♥的? -是的 他过去经常拜访卓拉夫人
– The singer? – Yeah, he used to visit Madame Zora.
听说过他 但是什么也不知道 你去问问我老婆
Heard of him, but don’t know nothing. Ask the wife.
她总是跟着收音机唱些难听的歌♥
She always sings stupid tunes off the radio.
她对这些东西很了解
She knows all that shit.
-她喜欢水 嗯? -不 她讨厌它
– She likes the water, eh? – She hates it.
她正在做运动 她认为这些对她的静脉曲张有好处
She’s getting on the heavy side. She thinks it’s good for varicose veins.
好的 谢谢
Alright, thanks.
夏天的时候你在这里干什么?
What do you do here in the summer?
在这儿打老鼠
Bite the heads off the rats.
-冬天呢? -一样
– And in the winter? – The same.
对不起!
Excuse me!
我刚和你的丈夫聊过
I was just talking to your husband.
我正在打听关于卓拉夫人的事
I was inquiring about Madame Zora.
是的 我在战前就认识她
Yeah, I knew her before the war,
卓拉夫人 你说的是她吗?
Madame Zora, you say?
是的 她是一个有钱的吉普赛手相家!
Yeah, she was a gypsy fortune teller!
在我家隔壁开了个店 她肯定不是吉普赛人
Had the booth across the boardwalk from me. She was a debutante not a gypsy,
而且她不仅仅只会看手相
and she did more than just read tea leaves.
你见过她和一个叫强尼·菲佛瑞的人在一起过吗?
Did you ever see her with a guy called Johnny Favorite?
见过 他很可爱
Yeah, he was cute.
她被他迷住了 人们都叫他”金嗓子”
She was stuck on him. He was called “Golden Tonsils”.
我听过他所有的歌♥
I knew all his tunes.
那你听说过一个叫玛格丽特·克洛斯马克的人吗?
Have you ever heard of a Margaret Krusemark?
别冒傻气了 哥们!
Don’t be a gazoony, fellah!
卓拉夫人就是玛格丽特·克洛斯马克
Madame Zora was Margaret Krusemark.
好的 她怎么样了?
Well what happened to her?
收拾东西回她南方的老家去了
Packed up her stuff and went back home, down south.
你知不知道 我到哪里可以找到强尼·菲佛瑞?
You have any idea where I could find Johnny Favorite?
不知道 也许在墓地里
No, maybe the cemetery.
想要听到他的其中一首歌♥曲吗?
Want to hear one of his tunes?
谢谢你的鼻子套 我去的地方正好要用到它
Thanks for the nose shield. I’m going to need it where I’m going.
布鲁克林?
In Brooklyn?
-不 是路易斯安那(美国南部一州) -好极了
– Louisiana. – Nice.
他去哪里?
Where’d he go?
仅限有色人种
For colored patrons only
安卓先生?抱歉让你等 但是你有点儿早了
Mr. Angel? Sorry to keep you waiting, but you’re a little early.
我的电♥话♥不是很清楚
I had a bad line.
没听清你说的是4:00还是4:30.
I didn’t know if you said 4:00 or 4:30.
-真是个好地方! -是的 我在这里呆得很开心
– This is a wild place you got here! – Yes, I’ve been very happy here.
我以前从没看过相 要花很长时间吗?
I’ve never had my fortune read before. Does it take long?
我现在就开始 通常要花几天做一个图表
I’ll take the details now. It usually takes a couple of days to do a chart.
茶?
Tea?
你想要一些茶吗?
Do you want some tea?
是的 谢谢你
Yes, thank you.
大吉岭茶(印度) 茉莉花还是乌龙茶?
Darjeeling, jasmine or oolong?
-乌龙茶 -很少人喜欢乌龙茶

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!