My sister’s wedding.
我们确实有利布林先生 但是他被转走了
We did have a Mr. Liebling, but he was transferred.
-你确定吗? -这上面是这么记录的
– You sure? – That’s what it says.
-是什么时候的事? -几年前 43年12月.
– And when was that? – Years ago, in December ’43.
我可以看一看吗?谢谢
May I take a look at this? Thanks.
这是最近写的吗?
Is this recent?
-这是个老文件 -但这是圆珠笔的字迹!
– It’s an old file. – It’s in ballpoint!
43年不大可能有圆珠笔
They weren’t big on ballpoint in ’43.
这是圆珠笔迹吗?
Is that ballpoint?
我看着也是!他们那时没有圆珠笔吗?
Well, I’ll be! They didn’t have ballpoints back then?
没有
No.
这里这个…
This here
福勒博士
Dr. Fowler,
他仍然在这里工作吗?
does he still work here?
仅是兼♥职♥的 他年纪很大了
Just part-time, he’s old.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你晚上都是这会回来吗?
Time for your evening fix?
你是谁?你怎么进来的?
Who are you? How did you get in here?
邮箱寄进来的 我是一个私♥家♥侦♥探♥
Through the mailslot. I’m a private detective.
破门而入是严重罪行
Breaking and entering is a crime,
不管你是什么人都一样
whoever or whatever you are.
嗨老兄 那你叫警♥察♥呀!
Hey man, call the police!
你那样做的话 警♥察♥可能会发现你在冰箱里
Which you won’t do in case they discover your opium den
私藏冰♥毒♥!
in the icebox!
我是一位医生 我完全有权在家保存一些医药制品
I’m a doctor. I’m perfectly entitled to keep pharmaceuticals at home.
去和别人说这些!你这里不仅仅是一两瓶那么简单
Tell it to somebody else! We’re not talking about a Band-Aid
-你上瘾多久了? -你到底想干什么?
– or a tube of unguent. How long you been hooked? – What do you want?
一些有关强尼·利布林的资料
Information about Johnny Liebling.
很多年以前 我治疗过一个叫这个名字的病人
I treated a patient of that name many years ago.
我不是那么好糊弄的
I’m not fooling around.
要么你给我一些有用的资料…
Either you give me some answers
要么我亲自打电♥话♥给警♥察♥
or I’ll call the police myself.
我刚才看到楼上在做着一些东西
I’ve seen the works cooking upstairs,
那玩意儿肯定不是索尔克先生(美国细菌学家)的疫苗
and it ain’t Mr. Salk’s vaccine.
他是战争期间的一个演艺人员 是个精神病的案例
He was an entertainer during the war, a neuro case.
没有机会恢复
No chance of recovery,
因此我把他转到奥尔巴尼(位于纽约)的V.A.医院
so I transferred him to a V.A. hospital in Albany.
我不想让你吃惊 但是我检查过 他不在那里
I hate to shake you up, but I checked, and he’s not there.
你办了假的转院手续
You faked the transfer.
因为他最近有一个访客 12年来的第一次
Because he recently had a visitor, the first in 1 2 years.
名人 嗯?
Popular guy, eh?
现在他在哪里?
Where is he now?
-我不知道… -过来!
– I don’t know…- Come here!
自从他来这里住院 我就没见过他
I haven’t seen him since he was a patient here.
你在冒冷汗!看看你!
You’re in a cold sweat! Look at you!
你甚至等不及我走 就想给自己来一针
You can’t wait for me to leave so you can raid the icebox.
你越早把事情讲清楚 就越早能舒服一下
The sooner you get out with it, the sooner you can shoot up.
我再问你一次:他在哪里?
I’ll ask you again: Where is he?
我不知道
I don’t know.
几年前的一个晚上 突然来了一帮人
Some people came one night years ago.
他和他们一起坐车走了
He got in the car with them and left.
他坐车走了?我以为这家伙是个植物人呢
He got into a car? I thought this guy was a vegetable.
开始他是处于昏迷中 但很快就恢复过来了
At first he was in a coma but he quickly recovered.
但是他仍然有健忘症
But he still suffered from amnesia.
朋友
The friends.
这些朋友是谁?
Who were the friends?
他的名字是 开利 爱德华·开利
His name was Kelley, Edward Kelley.
我不认识那个小姐 她始终呆在汽车里
The young lady I don’t know. She stayed in the car.
他们带他到哪去了?
Where did they take him?
南方 那个男的说:”我们送他回家”
Down South. The man said: “We’re taking him home.”
-给了你什么好处? -2万5千块
– And what was the deal? – $25,000.
为什么给你这么多?
For what?
我伪造证据使他看起来仍在医院里
I was supposed to pretend that he was still a patient in hospital.
医院管理部门没有怀疑吗?
Didn’t the administration suspect?
他们为什么会怀疑?我不断的更新医疗纪录
Why should they? I kept the charts
而且账单按时支付的话 别人是不会怀疑的
up to date. And no one asks questions when the bills get paid.
告诉我一些关于强尼·利布林的情况
Tell me about Johnny Liebling.
-他长得什么样子? -不知道他的脸被毁容了
– What did he look like? – No idea. His face was damaged.
他做了面部整容手术 他走的那天脸上还扎着绷带
He had facial reconstruction. He was in bandages the day he left.
关于开利 你能和我讲些什么吗?
What can you tell me about Kelley?
时间太长了 我只有些模糊的记忆
It’s too long ago. I only have a vague memory.
他穿着得体 有南方的口音
He was well dressed and had a southern accent.
我实在是想不起来了
I truly don’t remember.
好吧 医生躺下休息会儿吧!
All right, Doc. Have a lie down.
我出去吃个牛肉汉堡
I’m going out to grab a cheeseburger.
也许你冷静几个小时会想起些新的东西来
Maybe a few hours cold turkey will refresh your memory.
小心点儿!
Watch yourself!
躺下睡一会儿
We’re going to take a little nap, sit your ass down.
好好想一想
We’re going to clear your mind.
我现在出去等我回来的时候
I’m going out. When I get back,
我会从冰箱里给你带点好东西 好吗?
I’ll fix you some goodies from the icebox, alright?
把我想知道的告诉我 我就再也不会找你麻烦了
Tell me what I want to know and you’ll get rid of me forever.
我回来了 医生!我给你带了些好东西!
I’m back, Doc! I brought you a little something!
我想你可能不会要汉堡包
I didn’t think you’d want a cheeseburger…
我会的了!再见!
I will! Bye!
嗨 埃莉!
Hi, Ellie!
那个是你的男朋友吗?
Is that your boyfriend?
他有辆车?
He’s got a car and everything?
等会儿见!
See you later!
-你见到他了吗? -没有
– Did you see him? – No.
为什么没有?
Why not?
-这事有点困难 -为什么?
– It would’ve been difficult. – Why?
为什么?因为他不在那里
Why? Because he’s not there.
强尼·菲佛瑞在12年前穿着他最好的衣服
Johnny Favorite walked out of the clinic 1 2 years ago,
离开了那家医院而且他的脸经过整容
in his best suit, with a new face wrapped in bandages…
走的时候还包着绷带
and a headache.
他和一个叫开利的家伙一起离开的
He left with a guy called Kelley
还有一个女的 你认识这个开利吗?
and a girl. Do you know this Kelley?
这个叫开利的付钱雇用一个
It seems this Kelley paid off some bent
叫福勒的医生处理遗留问题
doctor called Fowler
这些年都是这个医生在做手脚掩饰
to pinch hit for your guy. He’s covered up for him all these years.
看来我们的强尼已很神秘地失踪了
Looks like our Johnny has
-看起来是这么回事 -就是如此
– a perfect disappearing act. – It seems so.
你知道他们是怎么形容蜗牛的吗?
But you know what they say about slugs.
不知道 他们怎么说?
No, what do they say about slugs?
蜗牛总是在它走的路上留下痕迹 粘液
They always leave slime in their tracks.
-你能找到他 -不 我不会去找他
– You’ll find him. – No, I won’t find him.
因为我遗漏一个小细节
Because I left out one little detail.
这个福勒博士死了
This Dr. Fowler ended up dead
脑浆四溅
with his fucking brains blown out.
-是你杀了他吗? -不是!
– Did you kill him? – No!
但是警♥察♥可能认为是我做的
But the cops might think I did.
我收你125块一天 仅仅是帮你找个失踪的人
I took on a $1 25-a-day missing persons job for you.
现在 我反倒成了一个谋杀嫌疑犯
Now, I’m a murder suspect.
到此为止!我不干了
That’s it! I’m out.
这些是在你的职业生涯中必然会遇到的危险
Such are the hazards of your profession.
如果你觉得是价钱在困扰你的话 我还可以再加
If the fee bothers you, we’ll adjust it.
是你在烦扰我!
You bother me!
我对死亡感觉最接近的时候…
The closest I ever come to death…
也就仅仅是看着灵车从第二大街经过
is watching a hearse go by on 2nd Avenue.
我只能承受到这个程度
That’s the way I like it.
你是害怕吗?
Are you afraid?
是的 我很害怕
Yeah, I’m afraid.
我会通知我的律师马上寄给你5千的支票.
I’ll instruct my lawyer immediately to send you a check for $5,000.
如果你不想干 我会找其他人
If you don’t want the job, I’ll engage someone else.
五千美元?
5,000?
你很想找到这个强尼 是吗?
You want this Johnny pretty bad, eh?
我不喜欢我的帐目混乱
I don’t like messy accounts.
一些宗教认为蛋是灵魂的象征 你知道吗?
Some religions think the egg is the symbol of the soul, did you know that?
不知道
No.
你想要一个蛋吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!